Notices

Old 2009-08-30, 13:41   Link #1381
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Ep 22 review is here
Spoiler for Ep 22:
Old 2009-09-01, 10:03   Link #1382
Kanish

Nice episode. More back-story again showing Arawn's allies this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK
So here's how my theory goes. Taliesin survives the fall through the ice but may be wounded. He's found by the little dragon. Together, they search for a way out. In doing so, they come upon some living adult dragon(s). (Or maybe, the little dragon finds the adult(s) first and together they find Taliesin.
Now that you mention it, that baby dragon seemed to just come out of the blue and enjoyed too little screen time. I'm sure we'll see it again. We can only hope it will be along with Taliesin though.
Kanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 12:44   Link #1383
klare

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Spoiler for Thoughts:
and the elves here also do not have pointy ears

Spoiler for characters power:
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 15:22   Link #1384
xizro345
King's Justice

Pretty much identical to the game - unfortunately it also shares the same flaw, as all this part feels slightly forced.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 10:37   Link #1385
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Great episode we get yet another history lesson that explains the history of Arwan and Pywll. Interesting how they met and interesting how Arwan was an ass towards him but it worked lol.

Arthur has removed the sword from the stone cant wait to see him go all bad ass like with it. Im not sure what powers he has but the sword its self is impressive.

Ok so i forgot to take a snap shot of it but when Arhtur enters the war room and pushes the doors open in beginning i was like

"When did Aragorn get in this series."
Old 2009-09-02, 10:45   Link #1386
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Let's face it. this anime is a homage to LOTR.
Old 2009-09-02, 11:32   Link #1387
LKK

A press release posted at the AoD forums says that Sentai Filmworks (formerly ADV) has licensed Tears to Tiara and will be releasing the first part in late November. (Source, forum membership might be required to read post)

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 14:19   Link #1388
xizro345
King's Justice

Well, good for US consumers I guess, but I'm not supporting ex-ADV in any shape or form, therefore I'll stick to R2 releases. And I guess there's little motivation left to post now that has been licensed.
Old 2009-09-02, 14:23   Link #1389
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
And I guess there's little motivation left to post now that has been licensed.
Why do you say that?

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2009-09-02, 14:29   Link #1390
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Because everyone will drop the fansubs and wait for the DVD's, obviously.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 14:29   Link #1391
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Why do you say that?
Last time I posted in a "licensed" anime thread here was when GONZO made Witchblade, and let's say I wasn't really pleased with the "limitations" on the discussion (mostly done by posters though), since most people were "expecting" the actual release and talking about the anime currently airing wasn't really encouraged - it ended up with 2-3 people talking among themselves. This was years ago but I'm still wary.
And I'm buyng the Blu-Ray version, so the "fansub" argument is a moot point. However, even if I didn't, I refuse to give money to anyone associated with ADV.
Old 2009-09-02, 15:21   Link #1392
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Ok so i forgot to take a snap shot of it but when Arhtur enters the war room and pushes the doors open in beginning i was like
Regarding that scene, it made me laugh quite a bit that it taken Arawn a few minutes to notice Arthur wasn't there.

Loved the two flashback scenes. Seeing Ogam cry made me though.
Old 2009-09-02, 15:24   Link #1393
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
Last time I posted in a "licensed" anime thread here was when GONZO made Witchblade, and let's say I wasn't really pleased with the "limitations" on the discussion (mostly done by posters though), since most people were "expecting" the actual release and talking about the anime currently airing wasn't really encouraged - it ended up with 2-3 people talking among themselves. This was years ago but I'm still wary.
And I'm buyng the Blu-Ray version, so the "fansub" argument is a moot point. However, even if I didn't, I refuse to give money to anyone associated with ADV.
Well, from a Rules perspective, you're allowed to continue discussing the anime -- even the currently-airing episodes -- so long as you don't talk about fansubs, where to get them, which groups are subbing, how to download the show, and so on. That's really the only limitation. Not everyone in this thread watches the English subs anyway.

On another note, it's simply amazing to me that you can buy the entire series on DVD with English subs for about the same price as one (of 8!) of the Japanese Blu-ray releases.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 15:27   Link #1394
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
On another note, it's simply amazing to me that you can buy the entire series on DVD with English subs for about the same price as one (of 8!) of the Japanese Blu-ray releases.
It's asking a lot, though i hope we see the blu-ray versions released outside of Japan sometime in the future.
Old 2009-09-02, 15:37   Link #1395
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Regarding that scene, it made me laugh quite a bit that it taken Arawn a few minutes to notice Arthur wasn't there.
That bit made me laugh too. I wonder how long that meeting had been going on? I'm not sure whether to place the blame on Arawn for failing to notice that his First Warrior wasn't present. Or to blame Arthur for not having a memorable enough presence such that he should be noticed when absent.

Quote:
Amazing isn't the word I would use. Disappointed is more like it. I checked out what it would cost to import the blu-ray version and .... well, let's just say my money is staying in the US unless I get an unexpected and large windfall.

About episode 22, my favorite part had to be when Pwyll gets angry and raises his fist because Arawn is laughing at his true name.
Arawn (dubiously, raising his fists): Is this where friends should quarrel?
Pwyll realizes what's happened and laughs.
Arawn (very confused): Ah, should I have laughed? This friend thing is pretty complicated.

And then Primula declares both men weird. Arawn is so young there.

Old 2009-09-02, 16:18   Link #1396
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Well, from a Rules perspective, you're allowed to continue discussing the anime -- even the currently-airing episodes -- so long as you don't talk about fansubs, where to get them, which groups are subbing, how to download the show, and so on. That's really the only limitation. Not everyone in this thread watches the English subs anyway.

Well (to quickly close the OT) let's say that while I respect the rules, I do not fully agree with them, so I may or may not stop posting depending on the situation. And it's true, the English version is cheaper, but I personally hate sets and recent works done like this have treated DVD like a VHS (it'll probably be a bare-bone version). And worse, it's being done by ADV (different name but same people basically), which I strongly dislike. That said, the Blu Ray version isn't worth its price, objectively speaking.
Old 2009-09-02, 18:48   Link #1397
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
It's asking a lot, though i hope we see the blu-ray versions released outside of Japan sometime in the future.
This is one series i would love to pick up on Bluray. I always thought Tx3 was drawn and animated beautifully but seeing it on my Samsung 42 inch LCD in 1080P would being me much happiness.

Time to add yet another series to my list my credit card will never see a 0 balance
Old 2009-09-03, 12:55   Link #1398
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Even though I moved the thread I keep forgetting its here

This...I might just buy since I dont have to worry about dub!Arawn-sama

The meeting btwn Pwyll and Arawn was great espc how Arawn kinda taunted him, until Pwyll realized who he was Primula laughing and then clapping her hand over mouth was so cute espc since Pwyll had just said laughing wasnt allowed. I liked how Pwyll is the one who teaches Arawn about friendship.

Mmmm hurt!Arawn... I did love his line about it not being his style to die and become a god, I agree with that.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2009-09-03 at 13:07.
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 00:13   Link #1399
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Even though I moved the thread I keep forgetting its here

This...I might just buy since I dont have to worry about dub!Arawn-sama

The meeting btwn Pwyll and Arawn was great espc how Arawn kinda taunted him, until Pwyll realized who he was Primula laughing and then clapping her hand over mouth was so cute espc since Pwyll had just said laughing wasnt allowed. I liked how Pwyll is the one who teaches Arawn about friendship.

Mmmm hurt!Arawn... I did love his line about it not being his style to die and become a god, I agree with that.
Yeah that meeting was just fun . I especially just enjoyed what Primula brought to it. Was funny to have her realize she wasn't supposed to be laughing in front of strangers .

Well it's been flashback city the last few episodes. Hopefully Arthur gets to learn all this stuff and be allowed to live with the knowledge. Pretty likely now that he's using a magic sword.
Old 2009-09-05, 06:17   Link #1400
vincen99

at the end

I wonder if anyone ever think of this but this anime may actually has a sad ending. I mean even if they defeat the 12 angels ( I prefer calling them angels like in the game intead of spirits) and live happy ever after, Araw will be the one to suffer sorrow and sadness in the end. He is immortal and can live forever right? unless he kill himsef. So sooner or later he will had to see his friends, sevents, and his beloved wives passed away and he will be the only one left, maybe with Orgam. So unless if he has some kind of immortal spell otherwise it would be really sad for Araw. Maybe he can commit suicide (joking).

Sorry for the bad English.
vincen99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquaplus, eroge, fantasy, leaf, rpg, seinen, white fox