AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

View Poll Results: Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 13 18.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 25.71%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 25.71%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 22.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.86%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.43%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.43%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.43%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-24, 00:28   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai - Episode 8 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai, Episode 8.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2011-11-24, 01:59   Link #2
Sumeragi
Banned

Swimsuits! Swimsuits! Swimsuits!
Old 2011-11-24, 13:39   Link #3
Midonin
Last Engage

BokuTomo 08 - Shark Week/Human Week

Now that I think about it, how many gothic-themed magical girls are there? I know there's at least one other vampire themed one, but in general, they tend towards bright, pastel colors and motifs like flowers (not that gothic ones can't use those. In fact, they may even be more likely.) These brief glimpses of shows-within-shows always cause me to ponder on what they're like, Kobato's is no exception. Her way of obtaining her "true form"... could use some work.

What kind of VN includes a shark attack? I did recognize the perspective-saving measure of having the girl overlaid on a wide shot of an area as opposed to a horizon perspective one. It can look weird, and requires some getting used to. Then, onto the pool... and it was kind of a bust compared to last time. In some ways, that's a nice send up of expectations, but it also means one step forward, two steps back on the friend making thing.

Speaking of busts, Sena. That scene with Kobato. It was very... yes.
Old 2011-11-24, 13:44   Link #4
Miraluka
Banned

Poor Maria, to be tricked like that running while naked...

Rika's pervert delusions makes me go UNIVERSE!

Oh, I find Kodaka parts a bit off in regards to consistence, still very little, and somehow pisses me the studio shows off Kodaka's nipples while the girls are censored...

Yeah AIC, I'm looking forward to the "Universe! scene" for the next episode WITH a torch in my left hand and a trident on my right hand.
Old 2011-11-24, 14:38   Link #5
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Yeah AIC, I'm looking forward to the "Universe! scene" for the next episode WITH a torch in my left hand and a trident on my right hand.
Usually, it's a torch and a pitchfork . Still, it's up to you ^_^.

and, yeah, nice ep. That's all.
Old 2011-11-24, 14:56   Link #6
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Kodaka is the chillest male lead ever. Any other main character during that early Kobato scene would've had a nosebleed aneurysm.

EDIT: Looks like the studio is really feeling the budget this ep.

Last edited by Newprimus; 2011-11-24 at 15:10.
Old 2011-11-24, 17:19   Link #7
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

well usually if theres an aniplex series in the same studio, at the same time that one seems to suck all the resources, actually its not that bad compared to what jc staff did last year, but at least they managed to make kobato look cute all the ep, and finally sena did the yandere trance pose, also the managed to do very well and quite funny the culb room scene
Old 2011-11-24, 17:23   Link #8
potchip

New member introduced this week - the fly swatter. Took 8 episoes. Welcome, may you swat flies on meat aplanty.
Old 2011-11-24, 19:09   Link #9
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Episode 08

^--Well Mr. Fly Swatter did show up in 2 earlier episodes, it's just now he actually got to hit someone instead of a wall

But I wasn't expecting the Kobato scenes like we had in the start of this ep. Man, this is clearly for Kobato fans, her whole transformation show she put on for her oniichan, hrrrrrrgggggh Kobato in casual clothes

But when they went to the club, they didn't recognize her Kobato Versus Maria continues, now they both called each other "idiot", and Maria taking the vampy bite seriously.... but I wasn't even expecting her to run around naked. This is just getting started and I wasn't expecting any of this. Even the game Sena was playing, LOL bad end, she did the right thing and broke the disc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Speaking of busts, Sena. That scene with Kobato. It was very... yes.
The bus ride, lol the bus ride, I can't even tell if Sena was doing that on purpose or she was just enjoying the Kobato skinship too much

And I'm still upholding the belief that Yukimura is a girl Oh, here's another thing I wasn't expecting, a pool episode, without Yozora or Rika? I can't even tell if it was a let down considering the Sena bounce Sena X Kodaka points increasing, nice moment they had when they recalled their last pool visit, ah Sena you so tsundere

Next episode finally has that Sena-house visit promised about 2 eps ago. Huh. I'd like to think of that scene right at the end that Sena was feeding Kobato XD
Old 2011-11-24, 20:10   Link #10
rpgman1

Just started watching this series and catching up to it. Never thought I ended up enjoying it though. Sena seems to have this obsession over Kobato anyway. I had to LOL at the fly swatter though.
Old 2011-11-24, 20:13   Link #11
User68604
Disabled By Request

nekky kobato and nekky maria?

win episode
Old 2011-11-24, 20:16   Link #12
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
and somehow pisses me the studio shows off Kodaka's nipples while the girls are censored...
lol. if there's one thing I hate with passion about double-standards, that's it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
EDIT: Looks like the studio is really feeling the budget this ep.
seems like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
But I wasn't expecting the Kobato scenes like we had in the start of this ep. Man, this is clearly for Kobato fans, her whole transformation show she put on for her oniichan, hrrrrrrgggggh Kobato in casual clothes
were you expecting the nipple?
Old 2011-11-24, 20:21   Link #13
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
were you expecting the nipple?
To be honest, lately I have been having this addiction where if I didn't see that, I'd photoshop it myself *hides*

Hmm, I find it funny that, without her goth clothes, Kobato still wore the red contact, but took it off for the pool
Old 2011-11-24, 20:38   Link #14
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Very nice episode....Both Yozora and Sena are just shooting themselves in the foot if they are trying to win Kodaka. Yozora is coming off as a buzz kill, and Sena creeps out his little sister...just not having good days at all lol.

Looks like we got another female pervert in Sena...Kobato had every good right to feel cautious, and I loved how she always gave Sena a swift denial to Sena's questions.

Quote:
Kodaka is the chillest male lead ever. Any other main character during that early Kobato scene would've had a nosebleed aneurysm.
But that was his sister though...he's probably use to seeing her naked, especially since she seems to love running in the house naked anyway. If anything, the nudity makes him somewhat annoyed, this is how most of the big brother characters act towards a naked sister anyway. Or should act........
Old 2011-11-24, 20:56   Link #15
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Kobato is still cute in her true form. Lol Sena going crazy over her. Wow Yozora really called it with that game. The Yukimura changing scene was hilarious. Way to go Yozora, messing things up again, what a waste.
Old 2011-11-24, 21:08   Link #16
Otani-kun
Beta Tester

Send a message via MSN to Otani-kun
At least we got to see Yukimura in her swimsuit for a few seconds. :c
Old 2011-11-24, 21:24   Link #17
AzureWrath

Somebody explain the melodrama to me at the end of the episode? I must have missed something.
Old 2011-11-24, 21:30   Link #18
Excorsism

My mind would explode if I had such a cute sister naked in front of me like that. Damn Kodaka, I'm jealous as hell.

Also, lots of meat in his episode.

Last edited by Excorsism; 2011-11-24 at 23:04.
Old 2011-11-24, 21:30   Link #19
DorkingtonPugsly

ahhhhhh <3! So much Kobato cuteness this whole episode, I feel so happy ! I'd seen the light novel illustration of her transformation act but animated like this it was 10X better. From the ending to this episode with the emotional piano track, I feel like they're pushing towards an original ending, which for 9/10 of them I don't enjoy/like, but what can they do? They can't really have a solid ending with a chapter from the lightnovels...
Today was the first time I downloaded an episode for this show and I think I'm gonna so that for the rest of them. HD is the best!
Old 2011-11-24, 21:39   Link #20
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Kobato acts so young when she's like 13/14 yrs old. Kinda interesting to see a girl of that age be so open with nakedness in front of a guy, brother or not. Not complaining though, it was the best scene in the whole episode

Anyway, finally Kodaka meeting Sena's dad finally, I've been looking forward to this for awhile.
Closed Thread