AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2012-10-30, 16:02   Link #101
Mazyrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
Okay, maybe I'm getting confused here... I'm gonna have to break your spoiler into sections...
Spoiler for reply to spoiler about Himeno:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler for reply to spoiler about Himeno:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
Anyway: I finished the "new" Aoi route of Da Capo's 1.3 patch and was disappointed in how it turned out.
Spoiler for Aoi:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Mazyrian; 2012-10-30 at 17:07.
Mazyrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 03:43   Link #102
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Spoiler for the Katsuragis:

P.S. I find it troubling how I'm looking deep into a game that didn't impress me as much as its prequel.
Old 2012-11-03, 23:43   Link #103
Snuffle
likes cute things

Okay, finished the game finally. It's a pretty nice story overall, I like how all the characters get involved for the conclusion and how every previous story was not entirely a "what if" thing.

Aoi's story is basically telling how she's involved and continues into Sakura's route. Not really a problem there, it was pretty interesting. The problem I have though is when reading through Sakura's route, we hardly get to see her! I mean, it's her story, why is she in the background so much?? I understand that it was important to see what everyone else was doing, and how they felt about what they learned, how they're handling it, etc. I dunno.. that's my gripe about that.

It's easy to see how there can be an after story based on how it ends, if you can even call it an ending. I prefer to learn more about the present day characters anyway, they're much more interesting.

So is there any news anywhere on what the DC III P2 is going to be about? I really hope it's a sequel/after story about the current game.
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 01:58   Link #104
cyberdemon

seems Circus has announced the 18+ version of the game to be released 4/26/2013. It's being deemed "DCIII R"

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2012-12-28 at 02:26.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 02:24   Link #105
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
seems Circus has announced the 18+ version of the game to be released 4/26/2013.
In addition, they announced that P2 (originally scheduled for March 2013) is being changed, and has been rescheduled to 2014 -- which is a pretty drastic delay (like they've scrapped the original concept and are starting over).
Old 2012-12-28, 02:26   Link #106
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
In addition, they announced that P2 (originally scheduled for March 2013) is being changed, and has been rescheduled to 2014 -- which is a pretty drastic delay (like they've scrapped the original concept and are starting over).
What was P2? I can't remember lol
Old 2012-12-28, 02:37   Link #107
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
What was P2? I can't remember lol
It was originally going to be an all-new story that complemented D.C. III, but the subject wasn't fully-revealed. It was thought to maybe center on Hatsunejima. But whatever it was, it's being reworked now... I wonder what writers are going to be working on it now?
Old 2012-12-28, 11:13   Link #108
hyl
reading #hikaributts

I find it odd why they announced an 18+ version, right before the anime has even aired on tv.
Maybe to attract more potential sales, but still.

Eventhough the all ages version didn't sell that well according to tech gian and push!!.

edit:
So i guess that i should be expecting the same game but with H-scenes and different seiyuu's?
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 12:32   Link #109
cyberdemon

Quote:
It was originally going to be an all-new story that complemented D.C. III, but the subject wasn't fully-revealed. It was thought to maybe center on Hatsunejima. But whatever it was, it's being reworked now... I wonder what writers are going to be working on it now?
So P2 likely stands for Phase 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
I find it odd why they announced an 18+ version, right before the anime has even aired on tv.
Maybe to attract more potential sales, but still.

Eventhough the all ages version didn't sell that well according to tech gian and push!!.

edit:
So i guess that i should be expecting the same game but with H-scenes and different seiyuu's?
People probably wanted the 18+ version more.
Old 2012-12-28, 14:28   Link #110
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

An 18+ version version isn't all bad seeing that there are enough rabu-rabu moments where an h-scene would make "sense" (without the feel of being added just for the sake of it), although I would still pfere a 18+ hatsunejima version because Rikka is imho cuter there
Old 2012-12-28, 20:48   Link #111
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
I wonder if it'll be different seiyuu or "different seiyuu" in this case. Most of the cast they went with weren't really established players, and they don't seem to be working with Starchild anymore (which means they won't insist on pushing their own actors/artists). We'll see...

As for why the game now... I think Circus wanted to launch a PC game to go along side the anime (Circus's way of cashing in on the anime push), and with P2 being delayed, they performed a quick switch for the 18+ version. It was pretty clear that they were always planning on making an 18+ version eventually... but I'm guessing they weren't originally going to do it now.

Quote:
So P2 likely stands for Phase 2.
Officially, it stands for "Platinum Partner"... but it may have multiple meanings, practically speaking.
Old 2012-12-29, 15:42   Link #112
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
An 18+ version version isn't all bad seeing that there are enough rabu-rabu moments where an h-scene would make "sense" (without the feel of being added just for the sake of it), although I would still pfere a 18+ hatsunejima version because Rikka is imho cuter there
It's mostly obvious as to where the erotic scenes would fit in, except in Himeno's story (unless I'm forgetting something).

It's a shame that P2 version got pushed so damn far... I was really looking forward to it. Hopefully it's just a very rough estimate and it will actually be in summer. I'm also hoping that P2 really is the hatsune island version, there were quite a few things I was not very fond with in the original, Rikka being one of them.
Old 2012-12-30, 19:42   Link #113
Balzac
Assistant Professor

So is this their "spring celebration"? I was hoping more of a "Plus Communication" with all them other heroines. (or new ones they can spin out of thin air)
Old 2012-12-30, 19:50   Link #114
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balzac View Post
So is this their "spring celebration"? I was hoping more of a "Plus Communication" with all them other heroines. (or new ones they can spin out of thin air)
They were pretty careful to say that P2 was not a fandisk, but a "completely new work". Of course, it may have changed now with the fact it's getting re-worked.

There is D.C. Plus coming out for PSP in February, but I'm forgetting now if it will be adding any new heroines/stories or if it's a straight port. They do say that D.C. III R is supposed to be the previously-cancelled version 1.35, so that one won't have any new heroines (but some new content in addition to the H scenes of course...)

So, if all that's still the case, then both the "Spring Celebration" and "Plus Communication" equivalents may still happen later.
Old 2012-12-31, 11:03   Link #115
Balzac
Assistant Professor

At least now the MC will be able to take Rikka up on her proposition in Aoi's route.
Old 2012-12-31, 16:03   Link #116
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
As a followup to my previous post about how well it sold.

It did end up being the 28th highest sold eroge/VN (2nd highest all ages game) of 2012 of Getchu, eventhough it doesn't mention the actual numbers.

So i guess an 18+ version was in high demand.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 08:21   Link #117
epicXsmiley

hello

Quote:
I sort of alluded to it in the original post, but it's an "alternate reality" to D.C. II, where instead of Junichi having chosen Nemu (back in the original D.C. timeframe), Junichi instead chose Sakura. So as a result, a number of things have changed, including of course the main characters (Otome and Yume don't exist in this dimension since they're descendants of Nemu & Junichi, neither does Yoshiyuki for spoiler story reasons, but instead we have Kiyotaka and Charles Yoshino, presumed descendants of Sakura & Junichi). I don't know if the exact year will be the same as D.C. II or slightly different, but the overall timeframe should be the same (i.e. two generations or about 50 years after the original D.C.).
D.C II and D.C III might be in the same dimension cause at the ending of the D.C III anime otome was there before the scene where it shows sakura.

What do you think
epicXsmiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 10:01   Link #118
Snuffle
likes cute things

Isn't it impossible for Otome and Yume not to exist? Since Sakura needs to sacrifice herself and become one with the tree. Since she failed, Otome would be the only one that is capable of wilting the tree.
Old 2013-01-09, 19:13   Link #119
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicXsmiley View Post
D.C II and D.C III might be in the same dimension cause at the ending of the D.C III anime otome was there before the scene where it shows sakura.

What do you think
Keep in mind that I wrote that post way back before the game was actually released based on the limited bits of information that was available at the time. I didn't have the full information at the time (and in fact was missing a certain key detail that hadn't been revealed yet). I think that the nature of all the connections will become clear over the course of the anime as they explain what's going on. (You can also read on in the thread as some bits and pieces are discussed.)
Old 2013-01-10, 00:31   Link #120
KBTKaiser

...does anyone think that we've gone AU on the anime now, given the last scene in episode 1? Poor Sakura.
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, circus, drama, ero-game, eroge, game, games, romance, school life, seinen, sequel, visual novel