AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-01-10, 10:27   Link #39281
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ eras
It's about humanity fighting strange alien-like being, Imagine a flying fish, only EACH of it's cell are close to one foot in diameter.

WORMs, as they called, are actually nanomachines gone rogue and will assimilate any human civilization with high enough energy reading (such as industrial complex or military base). Thus often equated to Gaia's vengeance by the nature activist.

Destroying WORMs in the early 21st century using nukes had killed no less than three billion people, 80% of which are men. Putting two and two...

And no, Madoka actually appear somewhere in the story, making extra screwball for everyone to think.

@ Demi
Yes, that's the main pairing (somewhat).

"No one understand you than yourself, then you find yourself in another world, one of whom just happen to be female..."
- Tatenashi

While Genderflip!Ichika is closer to canon Ichika in character, AU!Ichika is practically a mishmash of Fanon!Ichika I created so far.... but all three of them are just as stupid in human relationship
Old 2013-01-10, 10:28   Link #39282
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Execution = how it is done.

It's fine if it's just playing paintball. It's fine if it's just curbstomping someone. I find it not fine when there are implications of humiliating one side as does happens with the OC vs CC curbstomps that Zero dislikes. You know, those that borderline bullying.

EDIT: Love triangle? idiot x clueless x meat head? Great recipe for ro-com-drama. I like the sound of that.

Huh, 3 hours into updating cake eater and a review...
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 10:36   Link #39283
Eratas123

Wait, how is it humiliating when all they do is win in paintball? The Narration won't go out of its way to paint the guys as losers (except Hope, but that happens in the entire story and not just here) for failing the match, and they both have fun with it in the end. None of the girls except Laura gloat, and Kanzashi even calls her a sore winner when she hears it. Being outclassed when faced against trained representatives wasn't meant to be shown as degrading.

@ Senpai - Wait, so why are a bunch of teenage girls piloting?
Old 2013-01-10, 10:39   Link #39284
demino_hellsin
That one guy

your wording implied that kind of execution. The fact you brought up sociopathic levels of karma made me even more worried as the backlash may be similar to those of your more... DoW insane levels of insane. Which just made me feel really queasy.
Old 2013-01-10, 10:43   Link #39285
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Demi
It happens, Ears wanted to end that, can't you be more lenient? Please?

And about sociopath, it's different unrelated fic he wrote, and he wrote MANY fic at once, thus random mood switch.

@ Eras

It's really not about age or gender actually, it's genes that matter more.

All the teen had in some form have contact with WORM cell, directly or indirectly. Sonic Diver themselves is developed using data from WORMs, thus need to confirm the traces of WORM in the pilot's body. They only react when the genetic traces is strong enough, and Sync ratio is determined by how much traces the pilot had.

The oldest pilot is 20, while the youngest is 14. It's just happened that Ichika and Dan got the ability later, while all four of the original SD pilots are girls, and thus, "Sky Girls"...
Old 2013-01-10, 10:45   Link #39286
Eratas123

I only brought up karma when you complained about it. Though I will make a fake action prologue by making it look like they really got shot.....then Tatenashi cheers that they won and the guys would be the one paying for ice cream afterwards. The beggining chapter does look sociopathic since the details are intentionally obscure and gory, but then it turns funny when the reader realizes it's just Ichika overdramatizing.. I made a similar draft with Irish and Karon role acting in a play once. Senpai should remember it.

@ Senpai - Wait, are they still human?
Old 2013-01-10, 10:48   Link #39287
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Yeah, they still are. Well, ONE isn't, but that's kind of long story

Spoiler for :
Old 2013-01-10, 10:50   Link #39288
Eratas123

What are those things? Why are they attacking?
Old 2013-01-10, 10:54   Link #39289
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

As said before, they are digital cells gone rogue (no really)

They aren't attacking on purpose, they just ATTRACTED to high energy signature. Think flies being attracted to lantern, just that the flies ranging from one foot wide to the size of dubai.

The cases where they attacked human on the spot is purely 'incidental' (see examples above), but they still killed many people in the process, considering how industrialized human is at the time, billions of casualties aren't from the nukes, it's form the WORMs actions.
Old 2013-01-10, 10:55   Link #39290
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Aliens from outer space.

As to why they are not attacking....

Some Aliens like big explosion but not all Aliens like big explosion.

Those alien worms ARE invading earth but opt for a more "Peaceful and Persuasive" way.

The worms cell will slowly corrupt the pilot turning them into something similar to them so that their "Mastermind"/Mother/overlord can use special frequency to control them.

Edit: ...........

Darn.... should have Ninja faster.
Old 2013-01-10, 11:01   Link #39291
Eratas123

Then I don't see a happy ending, unless we go the genocide option.
Old 2013-01-10, 11:03   Link #39292
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Or Mass Effect 3 ending

Which is the path I eventually take, they simply coexist. People who assimilated themselves completely become the 'bridge' that connect humans and WORMs. With peace engulf the earth (and occasional war and fantastic racism, hey, human nature!), space is waiting to be explored
Old 2013-01-10, 11:06   Link #39293
Eratas123

Are these things even sentient?
Old 2013-01-10, 11:10   Link #39294
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Technically they are, they just don't have the same morality as we did, they don't even comprehend individuality, until they absorb the MC's brother, and few other people (all case incidental). And took them YEARS to even learn, and very big, BIG war with humans to finish that lesson.
Old 2013-01-10, 11:19   Link #39295
Eratas123

Can I consult you for my Familiiar of Zero Crossover fic? I need help.
Old 2013-01-10, 11:20   Link #39296
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Sure thing, though I doubt I can do much considering my unfamiliarity.
Old 2013-01-10, 11:47   Link #39297
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Do they really need to pull a gundam 00?
Old 2013-01-10, 11:53   Link #39298
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I haven't finished the series so i don't know, but the summary seem to think yes, they pull Gundam 00.... in 2004. Granted, 00 was the first amongst Gundam and more well known, but Sky Girls did it first.
Old 2013-01-10, 11:57   Link #39299
demino_hellsin
That one guy

My memory fails me so I'm not gonna reinforce other anime doing so. That kind of plot twist is usually hard to swallow. Normally it completely breaks down a show's tone into something more serious, no matter how serious it was before. That or it leaves the viewer with mixed feelings of hope and despair.
Old 2013-01-10, 12:35   Link #39300
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Oh, and one more thing.

Since Fem!Ichika's verse use Choco's design, all of it's unit are much smaller than Canon, hence Canon!Ichika, who is transported form Okiuraverse, had quite gigantic I.S. on his own (Almost as tall as Sonic divers, albeit still tiny compared to Golems)

The Match Between ByakuShikis become Ryu and Ken (sort of) where Choco version is more agile and has better shielding, okiura version has higher brute speed and offensive power. Fem!Ichika has more experience in piloting than Canon!Ichika too, but Canon!Ichika is slightly better at swordfight.

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2013-01-10 at 22:24.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest