Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-11-03, 18:43   Link #1101
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
No, Kanji always come after Yukiko in the game as well.
No, I forgot that Kanji was before Rise
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 18:46   Link #1102
rpgman1

Okay that was way too fast to finish 2 S. Links in 1 episode. Ai is cute, but she sure is aloof. It was funny when Ai and Chie fight. We even get to see the girl working at Aiya who is suppose to be in the Vita remake. Looks like they're going ahead with the next victim and the one who voiced Gil in F/Z. We'll probably get a new S. Link anyway.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 18:54   Link #1103
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

While it's a shame we had to take a episode off from the main plot, it makes total sense to do given the seem to want to give at least a brief spotlight to each of the social links.

Spoiler for Social Links:

That was... I think the third reference to Narukami making origami cranes. I guess he's really gotten into it Also, that ringtone. Love it.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 18:58   Link #1104
rpgman1

Narukami and Ebihara did get chewed out by King Moron, which we never ever saw in the game so it was nice to see what happened when they skip classes.
Old 2011-11-03, 20:39   Link #1105
iceyfw

pretty great anime adaptation so far. anyone else laugh at narukami's ringtone when she called his cell?
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 20:54   Link #1106
Rethice
Kingslayer

Send a message via AIM to Rethice Send a message via MSN to Rethice
By the way,

I noticed (the sub group I'm using - doki) referred to Chie's persona as "Strength"

Anyone else notice this?
Old 2011-11-03, 21:27   Link #1107
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Oddly...this was probably my favorite episode so far and definitely the one that felt the most...right so to speak. Seiji Kishi's forte really is comedy. His fast pacing and disregard for atmosphere really hurts when it comes to serious, action stories, but it shines in the comedic area. At least we can look forward to the slice-of-life/romcom episodes. And of course, praise for ATLUS for coming up with such an interesting script (as far as comedy goes).
Old 2011-11-03, 21:54   Link #1108
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Lol best part was the cat fight. At least Ebihara got over it and is fine now. Looks like Yukiko is back and things can get going again.
Old 2011-11-03, 21:58   Link #1109
Trogdor Jube
Back at it again

So am I the only one who noticed the Catherine reference in this episode?
Old 2011-11-03, 22:10   Link #1110
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
A pretty fun episode overall. There were definitely some cuts (fit the whole Moon arcana into one episode), but it didn't feel bad. Didn't really cut anything that would bother me and threw in some nice touches (like getting chewed out for skipping). Plus it had a good feel. Sure kind of makes Ai seem a bit unstable with how they had to keep pushing her character along (at least the calendar showed the time passing). It really showed how rough being forced into the boyfriend role was for Yu. Not sure if things will work out with Ai's crush, but wish her the best.

Definitely got into Ichijo's arcana. Doesn't feel done, but did some good work there.

Good that Yukiko is recovered and ready to join the group. May have been out of action, but Yu got some productive things done in the meantime. Two more arcanas to tap into.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rethice View Post
By the way,

I noticed (the sub group I'm using - doki) referred to Chie's persona as "Strength"

Anyone else notice this?
Well there's another good reason not to bother with them. Doesn't take much research to know Chie's arcana is chariot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor Jube View Post
So am I the only one who noticed the Catherine reference in this episode?
Absolutely not, I was laughing non-stop when hearing Yu's phone ring. I mean the Game Over music . Didn't think that tune would be put into the series. Though for those who've played the game the whole thing has an odd connection.
Old 2011-11-03, 22:26   Link #1111
rpgman1

Narukami seems pretty tall when he was introduced to the basketball team. I know one other member is a few centimeters taller than Narukami. His Expression is seriously lacking still but he'll change when he gets more S. Links. I wonder how the others will be handled. Surprise that Ai has interests in Kou when she didn't care until later on.
Old 2011-11-03, 22:47   Link #1112
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Wow, I really like the way they integrated Yousuke and Chie into the Ai/Kou S.Links; it was hilarious ! Narugami has come off as a 'cool + calm' type of a person, so seeing him get a cold sweat over hanging up on his "girlfriend", had me literally rofl X03.

Come'on now, ChiexNarugami please (^,^).

Spoiler for kouxchie?:
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 22:49   Link #1113
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

Now this was a pretty funny episode. While they cut out a lot of content from both the Moon and Strength S. Links, I like the original bits they added such as Chie becoming a temporary manager and stuff. Narukami is still keeping his deadpan responses strong, and boy were they effective this episode

So it seems the Moon S. Link has been maxed since Ai moved on from Yuu and gave him a memento. There's still some events to be explored in the Strength S. Link, but Brotag sure made progress this episode

Yukiko is back from recovering, and next episode starts Kanji's arc it seems...this should be really good

And my fried tofu....my fried tofu....MY FRIED TOFU!!!
Old 2011-11-03, 23:02   Link #1114
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

Love is over :_D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Spoiler for kouxchie?:
Yes, it was the same in the game, at least that part, iirc.

Spoiler for stuff on episode 5:

Yuu sure is a busy dude, I don't envy him.

This episode was hilarious. I really enjoyed it.

Last edited by Zaresh; 2011-11-03 at 23:15.
Zaresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 23:16   Link #1115
rpgman1

His Expression did increase and if you're wondering why, it is the photo booth session with Ai. I notice that the display on the photo booth were a reference to P3 with the MC and Yukari on it (same way for P3 MC to raise his Charm while Narukami raised his Expression).
Old 2011-11-04, 00:02   Link #1116
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
Love is over :_D.

Yes, it was the same in the game, at least that part, iirc.
Was that scene also in the game?
In the previous episode, the carnivore beast walks through the school hallway. Several boys and girls are blushing. Are they their shadow admirers?
If that's the case, the carnivore beast's jealousy over the popularity of snow black princess is pointless.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 00:11   Link #1117
HandofFate

I like how they handled the social links, the stories are entertaining, but not that important to the main plot, so its nice to take a breather and delicate 1 or 2 non-main/support character S.Link.

Again, I like how they're adding stuff for the ones that actually played the game by adding little extra scenes that wasn't really touched on in the game.

Loved Yosuke's comments when Chie and Ai were fighting. The slapping surprised me though, didn't expect that, and seemed too serious and action when the fight ended up being more comical nature.

"ah youth..."
Old 2011-11-04, 00:14   Link #1118
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

I don't know if It was the same frame by frame, but yes, I recall Kou saying it in a event.

Spoiler for Chie:
Zaresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 00:27   Link #1119
Angelic Cross
Soul-eating Librarian

Hmm, the talk about the bento for Golden Week just reminded me. I wonder if the anime's going have Yuu already skilled at cooking or have him grow into it. I'd prefer the former myself. I always liked the idea of Yuu being the cooking prodigy among the SMT protagonists.
Angelic Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 00:32   Link #1120
justsomeguy

Bwahahaha! This episode was great! We've basically gone through the entire Moon SL (Ebihara Ai) and partway through Strength (Basketball route, Ichijou Kou).

The good stuff the anime added:
* Yuu-Ebi-Kou-Chie love rectangle!
* Ebi v Chie catfight!
* new music during the Ebi dates and the baskeball game/catfight!

The skipped stuff:
* details about Ebi and Kou's home lives. Since the Moon SL is over, I guess I can fill in the details I remember. She's actually rich, since her parents recently came into wealth.

The WTF:
* Yuu is huge. The game designs were slightly chibi compared to normal proportions, so I never noticed.

This show is just getting better and better. The writers are actually filling in some deficiencies in the game, even if everything is rushed.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy