AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2013-02-01, 01:01   Link #21
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
This is why I dislike those cards :/ my parents have a same one and eventhough it had the latest drivers would sometimes bsod in simple games without intense graphics (WoW). It would only tell it was due to driver problems but nothing you can do about that.. amd and their drivers.. yuck
But yes you can still play the game, it will just be rather glitchy
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 02:14   Link #22
kyp275
Meh

Heh, AMD driver isn't as bad as their reputation would suggest, but it's definitely got a ways to go before it gets to where NVidia is, and their relatively slow update cycles doesn't help.
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 06:34   Link #23
sa547
*Author

You can still play without worrying about game saves being corrupted; if the latest drivers don't work well, sometimes downgrading works.

Also there are some free utilities that allows you to test VRAM memory (just like Memtest).
Old 2013-02-01, 08:35   Link #24
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

It is good to know that this problem won't effect game saves. Is it all around harmless to one's computer?
Old 2013-02-01, 12:13   Link #25
sa547
*Author

Gamesaves don't interact directly with hardware; it's just data.
Old 2013-02-01, 13:43   Link #26
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Gamesaves don't interact directly with hardware; it's just data.
I don't mean game saves now. I'm talking about driver issues. If you play games that have issues from drivers, should you stop playing and try to solve the issues because the issues are harmful to computer hardware/the drivers themselves, or are they harmless and you could just play with them?
Old 2013-02-01, 20:45   Link #27
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
I don't mean game saves now. I'm talking about driver issues. If you play games that have issues from drivers, should you stop playing and try to solve the issues because the issues are harmful to computer hardware/the drivers themselves, or are they harmless and you could just play with them?
the only thing that would be endangered by an unstable driver is your own sanity should your PC crashes too often.

well, I guess also your keyboard/mouse and your monitor/wall, in case you feel the need to put one through the other
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 15:09   Link #28
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
The thing is if the driver is being faulty then it can become rather hard to solve the issues yourself except for the basic things such as rolling back to an earlier date of drivers and hope that fixes the problem. Rolling back too far isn't good either.

Sometimes issues are being reported on the website and can sometimes be resolved yourself by turning something off; this in the case of Deus Ex sometimes that would crash on starting the program because a third party program from nvidea tried interfering with the drivers.

Having glitchy drivers is more annoying to play with rather than harmful unless your GPU also overheats in the process.

That said, it is easy to pin point it on faulty drivers. To be sure I would look around online on google with the game, keywords of the type of glitch and your gpu number to find similar cases and perhaps be able to find such a solution. I would also run memtest to check the videoram but meh..
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 17:10   Link #29
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

When I get a new video card (probably two generations after the Radeon HD 7000 series/Geforce GTX 600 series), I might go for Nvidia. I've been told the driver situation for their cards is better. Even then, not without problems. I saw someone on a Skyrim forum saying after a Nvidia driver update, Skyrim went from a high frame rate to somewhere in the teens for them.