AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2006-03-05, 07:13   Link #801
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Akamatsu-sensei dropped a huge bombshell with 127. I am just dying to find out what's to come.

(On a totally unrelated note... a few days after I seen the dramatic cliffhanger of 127, I re-watched AIR and at the end of SUMMER arc I was thinking "wait. Yue's design seems to resemble Kannabi no Mikoto somehow, with the bell and all..." This thought leaves me more than a little disturbed)

Last edited by panzerfan; 2006-03-05 at 07:33.
panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-05, 13:04   Link #802
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalexster
Look... like I said over on the other forums, it doesn't matter when the RAW comes out, IT'S STILL ILLEGAL. Therefore, RAW discussion is just as ok as it is after monday. Which basically means "Talk, but don't link". Or something to that effect.
Okay, however I'm still going to save the information that I have until Monday (unless someone else decides to mention what I was going to say).

EDIT: It's Monday, so I'm now going to mention the big thing that happened in the latest chapter:
Spoiler for chapter 128:

Last edited by TnAdct1; 2006-03-06 at 13:11.
TnAdct1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 19:10   Link #803
Limiter
Dead Apostle

Send a message via AIM to Limiter Send a message via MSN to Limiter Send a message via Yahoo to Limiter
Im a usual lunker here.

Things just got too intense in 127, now that 128 is out, I need to know what happens next.
Limiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-07, 16:04   Link #804
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limiter
Im a usual lunker here.

Things just got too intense in 127, now that 128 is out, I need to know what happens next.
See the post above for the big event of chapter 128. However, in case you need information of what happened altogether in the chapter (warning this next part will contain spoilers):
Spoiler for chapter 128 summary:
Old 2006-03-08, 04:43   Link #805
Limiter
Dead Apostle

Send a message via AIM to Limiter Send a message via MSN to Limiter Send a message via Yahoo to Limiter
I read a part of it. just a little, but I'll hold out till the translation comes. thanks though.
Limiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 07:14   Link #806
Tiberium Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1
See the post above for the big event of chapter 128. However, in case you need information of what happened altogether in the chapter (warning this next part will contain spoilers):
Spoiler for chapter 128 summary:

What's the artifact of Yue???
Old 2006-03-18, 05:22   Link #807
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Slow poke waiting for Del Ray here finally read book 9.
Nice... a fair amount of my more favorite characters (Chach, Sayo, amongst others)
Story was a bit disorganized and jumped around.... but I've seen worse from Ken A.

Its getting hard to tell who is *left* that doesn't know about Negi and magic

I'm actually a bit disappointed in Sayo's little arc... the anime episode was really much better. Its fun watching Chach grind her gears about Negi but I can't say I'm too attached to her creator-"mother".

No series is complete without at least one fanservice school festival I suppose....

(steadfastly refusing to look ahead and trying to defocus on the other posts)
Old 2006-03-18, 10:56   Link #808
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
Nice... a fair amount of my more favorite characters (Chach, Sayo, amongst others)
HA! Well, I'll discuss book 9 (I got my copy last week I think). I've never really cared much for Sayo, but I actually loved the Hakase/Chachamaru chapter (I think it might be in my top 10 chapters of the entire series).
Quote:
Story was a bit disorganized and jumped around.... but I've seen worse from Ken A.
Yeah, though, in fairness, I think it's at least partially to show the craziness in preparation for the Mahora Festival.
Quote:
Its getting hard to tell who is *left* that doesn't know about Negi and magic
It's a suitably small number. Though I actually think the series would be worse if all of the people in his class don't find out at some point. It would be the kind of secret that I imagine would be difficult to keep while you're fighting demons on class trips
Quote:
I'm actually a bit disappointed in Sayo's little arc... the anime episode was really much better. Its fun watching Chach grind her gears about Negi but I can't say I'm too attached to her creator-"mother".
I agree that I thought the anime handled that part better, but I'm hoping that (unlike the anime) Sayo gets more time as the series progresses. As for Hakase, I never thought about her much until her chapter came along. Now I wish they would show her more, I've always loved the mad scientist type. Though I find them kind of irritating if they're combined with the genki character (like Suu in Love Hina or Ed in Cowboy Bebop). I especially loved the part where she had no problem wrapping her head around the concept of magic but couldn't figure out how Chachamaru could fall in love.
Quote:
No series is complete without at least one fanservice school festival I suppose....
(steadfastly refusing to look ahead and trying to defocus on the other posts)
As for the school festival, I hope you're not going to be too disappointed, but it's going to be around for awhile. This volume is technically just the preparations for the Festival (it actually starts at the second to last page). The raws we're discussing are still set during the school festival, though it does look like it's finally winding down. Plus there's time in this volume for Yotsuba, Zazie actually speaks, and it introduces the next "big" arc (the mystery of Chao Lingshen).
Actually, I can't wait for the school festival to be over so I can re-read the whole thing from the beginning without interruption. There are a LOT of clues scattered through these earlier chapters, and I did notice a fair amount of spoilerish information in this volume that I didn't pick up on the first time through. I can't imagine how much more I'll get when I can sit down with the whole arc and read them through.
Old 2006-03-18, 11:01   Link #809
Dark Steno
Zigadongdong!

Send a message via MSN to Dark Steno
Quote:
At least it's arrived at your place. I didnt find yet Book 8 at mine.
Dark Steno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-18, 12:06   Link #810
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Steno
At least it's arrived at your place. I didnt find yet Book 8 at mine.
ACK! That totally sucks! I thought Malaysia actually got manga BEFORE the U.S.
Old 2006-03-19, 03:44   Link #811
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I actually had to order the darn thing (as with most of the other volumes after volume 5). My local bookstores are doing a horrid job of keeping up with series - so I end up just ordering most of them online.

Liked the comments from rooboy and no, I've got no problem if the school festival takes a volume or two (thats where interesting things usually happen). I also liked hearing Hakase ramble about improvements to Chach's skin texture and stuff.
And yes, Zazie speaks

I've only quickly read volume nine .... it is packed with enough details I figure I'll read it a few more times.... maybe with a magnifying glass for some of it (all that detail).
Old 2006-03-19, 07:57   Link #812
Peppermint
Mentha x piperita
*Artist

Send a message via ICQ to Peppermint Send a message via AIM to Peppermint Send a message via MSN to Peppermint
A good friend from me is a huge fan of Negima.
Actually, he was my ex-boyfriend... well, i taked a peek on it too and i think, it is cute.
But i use my money currently for too much other manga, maybe i'll buy it later.
Old 2006-03-19, 10:51   Link #813
Dark Steno
Zigadongdong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy666
ACK! That totally sucks! I thought Malaysia actually got manga BEFORE the U.S.
Of course we do receive Japanese mangas earlier than US. But mostly are in Chinese and I can't read that. Some may turn it into Malay language but I don't like it. It is because they are using Chinese translated stuff into Malay. The translation might be Chinese-ish (sometimes with Chinese names). Plus double scanning sucks. Japanese > Chinese > Malay. That's a LOL job.

But of course that there are local magazines that do the same thing like Shounen Jump magazine and others. Some of it even translated directly from them. Those are cool stuffs plus Malaysia and other Asian countries have special relationship with Japan. In fact, Naruto (I dont like Naruto. I just want to point out) anime was being dubbed into local here earlier than in US. And of course, it was licensed earlier in this country. Same goes to Gundam Seed (I dont like Gundam too).
Old 2006-03-25, 15:38   Link #814
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Aw well, time to inject some life back into this thread

Spoiler for 130's summary:

Last edited by Proto; 2006-03-25 at 16:00.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-25, 17:56   Link #815
animernq

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoMan
Aw well, time to inject some life back into this thread

Spoiler for 130's summary:
Can you do a summary for 129 as well.
animernq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-26, 16:20   Link #816
Akane

this manga is great I love Kens work ^^ I cant wait to get the next book when it comes out
Akane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-27, 03:45   Link #817
ShadowClone
Genin Featherweight

Send a message via ICQ to ShadowClone Send a message via Yahoo to ShadowClone
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtmaWeapon
thanks Razer_2mb for the info. I kinda was hoping they'd have drawn them in. It's not a question "jerk-off" potential, it just looks so ridiculously CONTRIVED when the hair always cascades in just the right place. In fact, i would prefer if they didn't have those nude bath scenes at all cause there's always going to be something every-so-deliberatly and strategically placed in the most glaringly predictable place imagineable.

That being said, i enjoy every single panty shot considerably. ^^
No, Razer is right, there is FULL NUDITY in this manga, but no "nipples" ( let's not talk "bush" yet coz well, since Asuna's a "paipan" ) are drawn in. There ARE some contrived scenes where something covers them, but not ALL. So naked girls are drawn "Barbie-doll style" here.

Ah but panties and asses are another story! PANTSU BANZAI!
ShadowClone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-27, 06:06   Link #818
Dark Steno
Zigadongdong!

What to expect from a former hentai doujinshi author?
Old 2006-03-27, 06:47   Link #819
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Perhaps some horrible rape that we can all live without?
OutPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-27, 10:48   Link #820
Diaphanus
Usor Linguae Latinae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf
What's the artifact of Yue???
I hope it is the book that says "Orbis Sensualium Pictus."

Tags
action, fantasy