AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

View Poll Results: Angel Beats! - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 64 39.26%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 48 29.45%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 14.72%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 10.43%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 4.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.23%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.61%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-14, 23:51   Link #41
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Yeah, I'm just not feeling it the same way as Clannad or the others, mostly because of the pacing I think.

But:

OMGWTFSHITZ TENSHI CLONE

Also, YAY MAI NAKAHARA ^^

And now Maeda's message is being put across much more forcefully than before.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2010-05-15 at 03:28. Reason: spoiler removed
Old 2010-05-14, 23:54   Link #42
bigdeath

Well to be precise the duel wielding evil Angel should say "En taro Adun" since shes a zealot while the good sweet Angel should say "Adun toridas" since she uses 1 blade and that ironically makes her a dark templar.
Old 2010-05-14, 23:55   Link #43
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Okaaaay, enough StarCraft for you guys. XD

They're both too cute for any of the 3 races.

:3
Old 2010-05-14, 23:55   Link #44
dark998

Flashback scene was LONG, but covered everything that needed to be covered, no problem there.

Kanade in the botanical garden...very cute. Fighting against the giant fish: both hilarious and awesome.

Scenes during the credits...Otonashi holding the hand of Kanade for second consecutive episode. And "I like your name" "I want to be with you". He doesn't mind entering her route at all.

Cliffhanger and unexpected ending. Harmonics glitch?
Old 2010-05-14, 23:57   Link #45
bigdeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khu View Post
Okaaaay, enough StarCraft for you guys. XD

They're both too cute for any of the 3 races.

:3
Sorry, starcraft 2 is coming out July 27 and we are all going a little fanboy crazy.
Old 2010-05-14, 23:59   Link #46
Isekaijin

Just please don't kill Kanade. Don't kill anyone here please!! Spare all the members of the battlefront... and Hinata.

But seriously I can already feel the tears welling in my eyes. Not a good sign damnit

And what are the odds of Kanade being the reincarnation of Otonashi's sister btw?

Last edited by Klashikari; 2010-05-15 at 03:20. Reason: and I've killed you.
Old 2010-05-15, 00:18   Link #47
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isekaijin View Post
And what are the odds of Kanade being the reincarnation of Otonashi's sister btw?
Considering Otonashi's only likely 3 years older or so than he was when his sister died, not very likely.
Old 2010-05-15, 00:25   Link #48
zeth006

Ahhhh! More Tachibana moe!!!
Old 2010-05-15, 00:28   Link #49
Ezilled

Twist, in my Angel Beats? It's more likely than you think.

BL Bromance still lingers even more when Naoi, apparently, cheerfully shows up and now hangs out with the rest of the group. It made me curious on how did he able to survive his impending disappearance. After his tragedy has been fulfilled, maybe he doesn't really want to disappear, or he has a reason to start anew after Otonashi persuaded him, or the possibility that he's actually a god. Either way, he has been automatically added to Otonashi's harem and his hypno eyes were a big help to regain his memories.

On the other hand, it's about time to reveal Otonashi's flashback. His story was simple yet so melancholic enough to thug someone's heart strings. After losing his most precious sister, who enabled him to withstand the hardships in life, got another reason for living and had an opportunity to become a well-refined doctor someday. Unfortunately, that chance had been taken away shortly by a mere tragedy, and Otonashi most likely wants to change something now in the afterlife world.

Also, I'm happy that he and Kanade are getting really along with each other. My shipping sense arouse when she agreed easily to Otonashi's subtle confession, as a friendly vow that is. Lest not forget the major highlight of the episode, Tenshi's dark, double on the latter. My guess is that after she launched her attack to the giant fish, one of her harmonic skills had been bugged that created a physical, standalone, entity. Although, I still have doubts on Yuri considering she's too fishy (no, not a pun) when she agreed to go fishing along with Kanade.

Overall, surpringly an excellent follow-up to Naoi-centered episode. Can't wait for more Crazy for you! and Zetsubou no Carnival that were brought by yours truly, TK.
Old 2010-05-15, 00:38   Link #50
Crontica

Ahh the Famous quotes thread are gonna be active tonight.

LOL Harem upgrade, lovin this.

So this is how he looked like when he was young, so moe.

Hilarious TK dance followed by epic fish battle beatdown by Kanade followed by FORETELLING CLIFF HANGAH my Adun Toridas.
Old 2010-05-15, 01:04   Link #51
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
Which story are you talking about 0_o? If your referring to Clannad it is not the same. There are similar aspects in the situation. If anything a combination of ONE.
(´・ω・`) Except I have never watched ONE...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khu View Post
And now Maeda's message is being put across much more forcefully than before.
Don't bring sick people outside during the Winter or they'll die?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by Klashikari; 2010-05-15 at 03:34. Reason: If you can't avoid spoiling people this way, just don't mention it then.
Old 2010-05-15, 01:08   Link #52
Duckys
Quackers.

If someone hasn't already posted this already...

Did anyone notice that Kanade split into two forms when killing that monster fish; the one that actually attacks it had red eyes, while the one in the back had her regular eye color.

Fujibayashi Ryou (referring to her fortune telling):
If the results come true, it’s as if there’s only one future.
But if it fails, we can think that other futures exist.
We never know how the future shifts because of the slightest change.
I want to believe that in our future, there are many possibilities waiting.
Ryou is underrated. She deserves more respect.
Old 2010-05-15, 01:09   Link #53
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isekaijin View Post
Just please don't kill Kanade. Don't kill anyone here please!! Spare all the members of the battlefront... and Hinata.

But seriously I can already feel the tears welling in my eyes. Not a good sign damnit

they are already dead

Last edited by Klashikari; 2010-05-15 at 03:21. Reason: spoiler in quote removed
Old 2010-05-15, 01:13   Link #54
brocko

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Don't bring sick people outside during the Winter or they'll die?
I think she probably died from KeyAIDS (as one poster previously mentioned) as opposed to being taken out. Otherwise Otonashi would've gotten in trouble or much rather would've expressed some remorse for causing his sisters own death like that. It's still a bit iffy and hard to interpret what exactly they wanted to imply during her last scene though imo so i still don't really know what to believe myself.

And is it just me or is everyone seriously okay with this GoodTenshi/EvilTenshi business they pulled at the end? =/

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
Old 2010-05-15, 01:17   Link #55
Crontica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
they are already dead
We just dont want them permanently vanishing into the time space continuum.
Old 2010-05-15, 01:19   Link #56
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
I think she probably died from KeyAIDS (as one poster previously mentioned) as opposed to being taken out. Otherwise Otonashi would've gotten in trouble or much rather would've expressed some remorse for causing his sisters own death like that. It's still a bit iffy and hard to interpret what exactly they wanted to imply during her last scene though imo so i still don't really know what to believe myself.

And is it just me or is everyone seriously okay with this GoodTenshi/EvilTenshi business they pulled at the end? =/
Well it was sort of hinted since ep3 after all
Old 2010-05-15, 01:28   Link #57
brocko

Seems i may not have been as observant then. What exactly did i miss out on 4 weeks prior? =/

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
Old 2010-05-15, 01:31   Link #58
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
Seems i may not have been as observant then. What exactly did i miss out on 4 weeks prior? =/
Harmonic implied that we would see two tenshi at some point. From then on every one has been expecting it.

Oh and
Old 2010-05-15, 01:36   Link #59
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Well Otnanashi's past was done pretty well done, even though I didn't cry during it really pulled at my hearts strings making it close, so well done Key you get a 10 for the episode for that alone. Also it was good to see Yuri was still being caring this episode it seemed. Though I wonder how things gonna work out next week with the Evil Tenshi should be interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by touge-n00b View Post
Spoiler for Episode 7:
God that was hilarious, and redeemed Naoi for me too.
MAL
Old 2010-05-15, 01:40   Link #60
blewin

so Otonashi's death is an accident, not suicide! Maybe this afterlife world is for any who still have lingering feelings about their lives.

But where does that put Tenshi? What is she?

Funny how both present and old student presidents are working under Yurippe. As for the cliffhanger... *wait for next episode impatiently*

Chrome Shelled Regios
Closed Thread