AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-12-14, 01:24   Link #81
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Whatever the case, they are on the rise and will definitely make an appearance in the last game (here's hoping their appearance or lack thereof will result in the life or death of one of your crew: specifically, if you did not save the Rachni, then one of your crew will die; but if you did save the Queen, then one of your crew will live (similar to the ship upgrades from MS: 2)).
It'd be so sad if I had to send someone to their deaths as cannon fodder because there was no Rachni around to do it instead. Hopefully that doesn't happen because that'd be quite abit of effort to change a character's death.

Quote:
Rachni have their own spaceships. ME2's news reports occasionally mentions "scout ships with rachni designs."
Forgot about that.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 01:39   Link #82
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
It'd be so sad if I had to send someone to their deaths as cannon fodder because there was no Rachni around to do it instead. Hopefully that doesn't happen because that'd be quite abit of effort to change a character's death.
This is what makes the decision all the more amazing. Just think about it, a decision I made 4 years (from the release of the first game to the last), will result in the life or death of a beloved character. I can't think of anything more amazing for an RPG.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 01:43   Link #83
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I am of the opinion that for the grand finale, Turian, Rachni and Human warships should be screaming across space while on the ground Quarian Marines, Salarian SpecOps and Krogan Battlemasters should be leading the ground assault with Drell Assassins and Asari Commandos backing them up. Up in front would be the Normandy crew with Shepard riding shotgun on top of the Rachni Queen.

Excuse me I think I just shit myself.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 02:14   Link #84
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Wow people getting all hyped up just from the game being announced when character announcements are made I think there will be celebrations/riots in the streets

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 02:22   Link #85
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
If you save the rachni but destroy the Collecters base I think saving the bugs will make up for the base. and vice virsa
Well, I'm flat out of luck. I left them both as a flaming, bloody mess.

MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 02:51   Link #86
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
This is what makes the decision all the more amazing. Just think about it, a decision I made 4 years (from the release of the first game to the last), will result in the life or death of a beloved character. I can't think of anything more amazing for an RPG.
I was leaning towards the more troublesome aspect to change that, actually.

It would be pretty surreal to have a choice you made a way while back actually affect how the game ends, though. It'd be pretty neat if relationships actually play a part in the storyline this time. (And not as a approaching the final battle sequence. Kufufufu~)

Here's to hoping Garrus hasn't completely lost it.

Quote:
Well, I'm flat out of luck. I left them both as a flaming, bloody mess.
Why do you want to kill everything? T_T
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 04:21   Link #87
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist

Send a message via ICQ to Larthak Send a message via MSN to Larthak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
btw if they take away my Bro, badass mofo, Future Space Alien Batman and Renegade Best Friend Garrus then BIOWARE IS DEAD TO ME!!
Garrus is badass, I loved how he negotiated with Harkin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I hope the penalties will be greater than "just" individual characters. But you're right; if ME3 turns out how we all want it to...I'd really consider this RPG a legend, worthy of mention beside Diablo and Gothic/Risen series. I haven't had so much fun with a RPG game for a damn long time, with each of the games being played multiple times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I am of the opinion that for the grand finale, Turian, Rachni and Human warships should be screaming across space while on the ground Quarian Marines, Salarian SpecOps and Krogan Battlemasters should be leading the ground assault with Drell Assassins and Asari Commandos backing them up. Up in front would be the Normandy crew with Shepard riding shotgun on top of the Rachni Queen.

Excuse me I think I just shit myself.
I'm crying manly tears of joy right now.

Seriously, I hope they make several, minutes-long CG vids for the different finale outcomes so we can just sit and stare at the pure essence of awesome we'll be seeing in front of us.

It's not like that can't happen...Bioware already did that with KOTOR series. As well as ME2. I hope they'll give it their all for the final game.
Old 2010-12-14, 05:10   Link #88
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Old 2010-12-14, 05:30   Link #89
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
the reapers aren't ridiculously invincible.
sovereign was only able to attack the citadel with an entire geth fleet, while taking the defenders by surprise.
and it was destroyed all the same by the human fleet.
Yeah, and Sovereign only got defeated because he took possession of Saren and got killed by Shepard, disabling its attacks and shields. Before that happened, the council fleet, including their most powerful ship, got destroyed and the alliance fleet wasn't even putting a dent into Sovereign yet were getting slaughtered in return. And the trailer shows a repeat of that. Earth is getting slaughtered by the reapers. The capital of the human fleet that killed a reaper is getting slaughtered.

So unless the entire galaxy went through major upgrades and prepared for war (doubtful, considering the council decided to go 'reapers aren't real dur hur' and earth is getting slaughtered) the fight against the reapers is not going to be an even one. How are they going to win it? I don't know. Maybe Shepard arrives with a new weapon, maybe some hidden groups have been preparing in secret, maybe the entire goal of the game is to gather allies, or maybe they go the virus route. The last two sounds the most likely so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MushroomSamba View Post
Come to think of it, I'm actually more interested in seeing the "bad end" to all this as opposed to the happily ever after routine, so maybe my decision was for the best. So far, it seems like I've made a ton of decisions that'll bite me in the ass...might as well roll with it.

Spoiler:

...those are off the top of my head. I wonder what else I'm missing...
Aside from the examples mentioned previously Brainwashing or destroying the Geth and whether or not you completed Lair of the Shadow Broker sound pretty important to me too.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 08:05   Link #90
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:

He'd prob kill tali if he had the chance ;_;
Old 2010-12-14, 10:47   Link #91
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Well, they seemed pretty evil to me at the time! I thought the bugs would say anything for me to spare them then eat my face the second I let them out...and I hate bugs. With the T-1000, I just wanted to piss off the Illusive Man...plus, I wasn't particularly fond of that boss battle, so I'm making sure I'll never have to fight it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
He'd prob kill tali if he had the chance ;_;
Haha, hey I only said her giant 3-fingered hand and chicken feet were gross...not that I wanted to kill her. She's one of my fave characters! I just don't necessarily wanna bone her. Besides, I can't anyway (femshep'd the game...waiting for Liara's return). :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Aside from the examples mentioned previously Brainwashing or destroying the Geth and whether or not you completed Lair of the Shadow Broker sound pretty important to me too.
I still haven't played that DLC yet. Gotta get around to that.

MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 11:00   Link #92
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

sigh i hope they dont make us rund around the galaxy collecting small amount of cash so jsut we can upgrade stuff

i mean the last one was annoying so pls let this one be more action shooting running shooting sploding shooting and talking..........

this i say shooting??
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 12:01   Link #93
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
But both previous games let you pilot the Normandy. You got to travel and mine for resources from space. Isn't that good enough .

I wouldn't mind piloting the Normandy for action sequences, but I expect they would be QTEs (Joker is supposed to be an excellent pilot after all), and while that wouldn't be too bad, I don't think they would work for an RPG.
I always wanted to fire the proton torpedoes.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 17:26   Link #94
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Looks like almost everyone is in agreement that we should get the air-quote renegade reply to the council in the game.
Old 2010-12-18, 23:11   Link #95
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

On the topic of air quotes, just for the heck of it. ( and everyone's probably already seen it anyway. )

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 10:18   Link #96
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

sad they got wooped XD
Old 2010-12-19, 10:50   Link #97
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larthak View Post
Revealing her face might upset half her fanbase. Bioware can't afford that to happen. Just sayin'...

Spoiler for ME2 - What really happened:

And I kinda like the mystery around her and quarians in general. Feels more exotic.
That image is goddamn bullshit and you know it. Jesus Christ why are people so stupid?

Spoiler for THIS is how Shepard would really react:
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 11:09   Link #98
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Why the hell do people keep abusing this crap? I for one am tired of seeing it...
Old 2010-12-19, 11:29   Link #99
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
^ Because they think this hurts us Tali fans =)
Old 2010-12-19, 12:24   Link #100
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

And judging by Kyero's reaction, its working.

But while on the subject of characters, I've never been much of a Tali fan. It doesn't help that the Quarians don't exactly have the strongest moral bridge to stand on, yet try to not only stand but also jump on it when it comes to anything involving the Geth. And that Tali happens to be one of those kind of Quarians. I mean, my first reaction when hearing the past of the Quarians was "Wow, you people are assholes."

On the flipside, the Geth really do interest me, so Legion is high on my favorite list. Perhaps its because the Geth of all the races are the most alien. And that interests me. Turians are a close second, since I like their martial civilization, but I have to admit I've grown a bit... tired of Garrus over the course of the games.

Tags
effect, games, mass