AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-13, 09:25   Link #141
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Interesting characters and interactions this time round from all sides of the party, but since I am tired as hell from writing this (( and there's like...3 or 4 more parts to go )), I'll comment later.

Anyway, here it is.

Velka: The Birth of 2 Kingdoms

Chapter 1: ~ Roland and Fierabras

Spoiler:

Okay, so I mixed Matter of France/Song of Roland into the mix, but since I TRY, to somehow make the Germanic nature of Velka with some sense, one can't help but romantic-fy stories, even if they're technically historical retelling in some sense.

Anyway, this is the first part. 2nd part will involve Fierabras's side of her Empire, and how the civil-war after her death destroyed her nation, along with my idea of the Book of Darkness lol.

Oh, and if there's any mythos/historical purist out there reading this, don't flame me, since I only have scrap knowledge on Arabian Muslim-ish and Germanic mythos and history and is merely making do by through vague-ness of mythological stuff, since I'm more of a Malay-mythos guy. ;(

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.

Last edited by Nightengale; 2007-05-13 at 09:43.
Old 2007-05-13, 09:46   Link #142
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

@ Aaron008R: While I enjoyed Aurion's profiles so far (especially teasing his "nieces", I fear that he may become too entrenched in his relations with the Aces that he might get... "contradicted" by canon. Of course, I'll have to wait for the StrikerS part of his profile to find out. All in all though, his profile his one of the few I like here ^^

@ Nightengale: Talk about history lesson... the story makes a really odd kind of sensical logic regarding why Velka has so many Germanic references. And despite Roland's success in his goal, it's quite bittersweet considering Fierarbras.

Looking forward to Part Two, and the history of the Tome.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-05-13, 10:29   Link #143
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Updated Kyla's profile

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=132

or here

Spoiler for length and relative incompleteness:

Last edited by Saint X; 2007-05-13 at 17:52.
Old 2007-05-13, 11:57   Link #144
Lelouch
Phaeton

Just thinking of ideas for my char. development, great if ppl can input ideas
i'm thinking of adding mechanical drones that aids Lif in battle e.g. atm all Lif's device does is pure atk and it might reject parts that 'buffs' Lif. So TSAB has created drones that grants him quick evasion etc.
I think this is a good idea as not to overpwr Lif since he can still gain those skills everyone has but the drones can be destroyed. If someone else thinks this is a good idea then I'm okay with their characters getting drones aswell, providing they are with the TSAB.
If you read Lif's profile [so far] then you should know he can summon demons. So if the summon has a massive time delay and all require a small sacrifice instead of the final summon, what does everyone think ? And a female paladin-esque familiar that defends Lif when he is summoning and that he develops a relationship with ?

wow...you know when you have one idea and you suddenly get loads
Old 2007-05-13, 12:43   Link #145
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Well, that seems really fitting. But you shouldn't worry about NSFW from Aurion because he is not that kind of person. The worst he would do is make an illusion of Fate confessing. I'm supposing it would get a similar response minus the nosebleed anyway.
By the way, I'm really REALLY starting to like your device more and more . Especially her personified quirks.

In any case, here is the Random Information Section about Aurion Dauer. Please enjoy.

Spoiler for Random info:

Whew. Now that concludes the the pre-A's to StrikerS chapter of Oji-chan's story. Please look forward to the StrikerS chapter of the life of Aurion Dauer!
Erm... Yes that might happen. But what if Kha confesses first? I'm glad that another person appreciates that Sakura's may not be the best device out there, but she's very special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Interesting characters and interactions this time round from all sides of the party, but since I am tired as hell from writing this (( and there's like...3 or 4 more parts to go )), I'll comment later.

Anyway, here it is.

Velka: The Birth of 2 Kingdoms

Chapter 1: ~ Roland and Fierabras

Spoiler:

Okay, so I mixed Matter of France/Song of Roland into the mix, but since I TRY, to somehow make the Germanic nature of Velka with some sense, one can't help but romantic-fy stories, even if they're technically historical retelling in some sense.

Anyway, this is the first part. 2nd part will involve Fierabras's side of her Empire, and how the civil-war after her death destroyed her nation, along with my idea of the Book of Darkness lol.

Oh, and if there's any mythos/historical purist out there reading this, don't flame me, since I only have scrap knowledge on Arabian Muslim-ish and Germanic mythos and history and is merely making do by through vague-ness of mythological stuff, since I'm more of a Malay-mythos guy. ;(
If there were historical references, they all flew over my head because I sucked at history. It's a nice ring to it, and the story has great potential. Keep it coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelouch View Post
Just thinking of ideas for my char. development, great if ppl can input ideas
i'm thinking of adding mechanical drones that aids Lif in battle e.g. atm all Lif's device does is pure atk and it might reject parts that 'buffs' Lif. So TSAB has created drones that grants him quick evasion etc.
I think this is a good idea as not to overpwr Lif since he can still gain those skills everyone has but the drones can be destroyed. If someone else thinks this is a good idea then I'm okay with their characters getting drones aswell, providing they are with the TSAB.
If you read Lif's profile [so far] then you should know he can summon demons. So if the summon has a massive time delay and all require a small sacrifice instead of the final summon, what does everyone think ? And a female paladin-esque familiar that defends Lif when he is summoning and that he develops a relationship with ?

wow...you know when you have one idea and you suddenly get loads
Hmm I think that's alright. He is a very powerful offensor that's for sure, but is there a backstory to why is he limiting his power?

I'd keep the small sacrifice and casting time, if the demon's really really uber, though once he knows the demon's name, that arrangement being enough to summon him at full power is okay.

And I'd really like to see how he interacts with a tsukaima like that. And I'm sure Rein and Sakura would give the familiar no end to her working for the dark side, even though Lif may be perfectly lawful.

It's getting late, so I'm putting this up for now. Kha's not a very funny person. Some of it are cultural aspects of Old Velka. I'll update in future.

Spoiler for Kha's Misc file:

Any surprise that one of my fic ideas is "Knights of the Old Velka"?
Old 2007-05-13, 16:02   Link #146
Lelouch
Phaeton

three cheers for study leave
Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-13, 16:33   Link #147
Pheonixfyre
Daydreamer Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelouch View Post
My first go, descriptions to come later
Spoiler:
Your description of Lif's blood magic sounds eerily similar to the Emotion Magic for hate, although in that case, Hatred is the main source of power, and blood is just the medium in which the power is most often used.

EDIT: Should have read the post above mine... Woops.
Old 2007-05-13, 16:35   Link #148
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Erm... Yes that might happen. But what if Kha confesses first? I'm glad that another person appreciates that Sakura's may not be the best device out there, but she's very special.

If there were historical references, they all flew over my head because I sucked at history. It's a nice ring to it, and the story has great potential. Keep it coming!

Hmm I think that's alright. He is a very powerful offensor that's for sure, but is there a backstory to why is he limiting his power?

I'd keep the small sacrifice and casting time, if the demon's really really uber, though once he knows the demon's name, that arrangement being enough to summon him at full power is okay.

And I'd really like to see how he interacts with a tsukaima like that. And I'm sure Rein and Sakura would give the familiar no end to her working for the dark side, even though Lif may be perfectly lawful.

It's getting late, so I'm putting this up for now. Kha's not a very funny person. Some of it are cultural aspects of Old Velka. I'll update in future.

Nice additions to the character. Where do you get your ideas?
Old 2007-05-13, 21:28   Link #149
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

@ Kha: A fellow character anime lover! And it would seem that, going by your profile Anime is quite popular on other worlds .For some unknown reason though, I keep getting more Rin vibes than Saber from Sakura

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-05-13, 23:31   Link #150
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Question:

well given the speed of radio waves in vacuum space (which is almost equal to the speed of light, which is still 'slow' by nanoha standards- or something like that), how did FSN wind up far, far away?

unless terran radio hides a secret that allows terran tranmission to be caught real-time...

@Lowegear

I'm also creating a bow based device and several others- including a shield based device- there are a lot of basings for devices.
Old 2007-05-14, 00:48   Link #151
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

@Fuyu: Erm pretty much everywhere with references, and then throw stuff straight out of my head.

@Lowe: Yeah it's a rather fun thing to do. Now if Verossa is also a cosplayer, then all AVKs, including Kha being an ex-AVK, are cosplayers. Well I did say tried didn't I? Not like she's going to succeed.

*imagines Saber wearing Rin's expression*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
Question:

well given the speed of radio waves in vacuum space (which is almost equal to the speed of light, which is still 'slow' by nanoha standards- or something like that), how did FSN wind up far, far away?

unless terran radio hides a secret that allows terran tranmission to be caught real-time...
Kha's FSN, in fact most of his anime habit, came off the TSAB Psycommu Network.

Quick thoughts about it:

- Fastest MC fansubbers have special subscriptions to Terran cable that's been routed through a TSAB comms outpost, but they tend to produce LLLLLQ raws. For die hard fans only.

- Burnt CDs are the wonderful thing that come next. An officer, like Aaron's Aurion, brings one home from Terran patrol, and soon it'll be all over psynet.

- Someone buys a DVD and shares it, for Terran intellectual property regulations can only be enforced on planet. Produces best quality subs.

- Buys in bulk and sells for crazy profits. This is the main supplier of the major Far East specialty shops in major MC cities. As such, Kha only gets these when any of the sisters are headed for the city and he's saved enough dinars to buy one. Later, when he's older, he just buys them directly, or off people like Aurion. Kha doesn't spend much except on anime and manga so no big problem.
Old 2007-05-14, 07:38   Link #152
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Spoiler for Pre-season 1: Point of Light:

Contrary to what it seems, my forum name was based on Kha and not the other way round. Just thought I'd clarify myself.
I know what you mean, I did likewise, but despite that 'Keroko' somehow turned into my online alias.

Dear lord, how much confusion I must be creating by having chosen to make Keroko a girl.

A nice bit of background, by the way. Maybe I should include a short story how Keroko became infected with Neltharions power.... Sorry, random pondering, I haven't even finished her bio yet. Haven't had the time this weekend.

Edit: Blah, it looks like I've missed out on many juicy discussions thanks to the last two days >_< I'll have to catch up on everything posted later...

Last edited by Keroko; 2007-05-14 at 08:22.
Old 2007-05-14, 08:08   Link #153
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
@ Aaron008R: While I enjoyed Aurion's profiles so far (especially teasing his "nieces", I fear that he may become too entrenched in his relations with the Aces that he might get... "contradicted" by canon. Of course, I'll have to wait for the StrikerS part of his profile to find out. All in all though, his profile his one of the few I like here ^^
Hehe. Thanks. I tend focus more on backstory rather than abilities when dealing with Original Characters. And your right. I'm in quite a bit of trouble on how to circumvent shots from the Canon Cannon as of now. So the StrikerS arc of his story will be in a bit of a delay.

Quote:
Then I'm betting Fate would faint all the same. In any case...

Aurion: What an animated device. Why can't you be like that, Almaria?
Almaria: It would be too inconvenient for you, Aurion-san. Your reputation is already shaky as it is; and any more inappropriate behavior than what has been already programmed into me would sooner or later land you in the Brig, based on my calculations.
Aurion: *Sigh*

Quote:

Wow. Interesting info there. Especially the Saber part. Though I'm having trouble imagining TKS with Saber's attitude.

*GASP* Wait, Almaria's attitude is like the early-arc Saber!
In any case, would you mind if Aurion also tries (but fails) to play matchmaker with Fate and Kha? And how does Kha react to Fate calling Chrono Onii-chan? Thanks.

Quote:
@Fuyu: Erm pretty much everywhere with references, and then throw stuff straight out of my head.

@Lowe: Yeah it's a rather fun thing to do. Now if Verossa is also a cosplayer, then all AVKs, including Kha being an ex-AVK, are cosplayers. Well I did say tried didn't I? Not like she's going to succeed.

*imagines Saber wearing Rin's expression*

Quick thoughts about it:

- Fastest MC fansubbers have special subscriptions to Terran cable that's been routed through a TSAB comms outpost, but they tend to produce LLLLLQ raws. For die hard fans only.

- Burnt CDs are the wonderful thing that come next. An officer, like Aaron's Aurion, brings one home from Terran patrol, and soon it'll be all over psynet.

- Someone buys a DVD and shares it, for Terran intellectual property regulations can only be enforced on planet. Produces best quality subs.

- Buys in bulk and sells for crazy profits. This is the main supplier of the major Far East specialty shops in major MC cities. As such, Kha only gets these when any of the sisters are headed for the city and he's saved enough dinars to buy one. Later, when he's older, he just buys them directly, or off people like Aurion. Kha doesn't spend much except on anime and manga so no big problem.
Oi, Aurion could do Kha a favor and give him parts of holographic projection and sounds for TKS. I have no doubts at all that Der Kleriker could install it in no time, much to TKS' pleasure.

*Imagines TKS watching anime in her internal database without permission*

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2007-05-14 at 10:13.
Old 2007-05-14, 09:04   Link #154
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Quote:

Quick thoughts about it:

- but alas, many a bureau officer had fallen in the search for the LL-Q (lost logia quality (XHQ))RAW

Quote:
Hehe. Thanks. I tend focus more on backstory rather than abilities when dealing with Original Characters. And your right. I'm in quite a bit of trouble on how to circumvent shots from the Canon Cannon as of now. So the StrikerS arc of his story will be in a bit of a delay.
you said it - with limited data coming in, it would be better if you do some offshoots first.

--

on a side note:

- does anyone have any fan modifications of any of the canon characters?

- how about non-magical characters that interact with our canon characters on many different levels, like love rivals and such?
Old 2007-05-14, 09:20   Link #155
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

Quick thoughts about it:

So not only are the TSAB inter and extradimensional enforcers of peace, they’re also the providers of Uber-LLLLQ anime subs? =P And now I’m wondering if there really are Earth suppliers who conduct “off-world” businesses…

*notes down*

*TSAB enforcer sees hentai DVD title*

*Confiscates and tags as "Lost Logia"*

Edit:

Since everyone’s doing trivia for their characters, guess I should make one for Kay, since I haven’t really gone in depth on her much I admit, when she does have a few more things to reveal…

Spoiler for length:

Last edited by LoweGear; 2007-05-14 at 09:47.
Old 2007-05-14, 09:53   Link #156
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Couldn't help thinking about it...when mentioning the new character Erio does anyone think of 'Ero' like me...?
Old 2007-05-14, 10:15   Link #157
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Then I'm betting Fate would faint all the same. In any case...

Aurion: What an animated device. Why can't you be like that, Almaria?
Almaria: It would be too inconvenient for you, Aurion-san. Your reputation is already shaky as it is; and any more inappropriate behavior than what has been already programmed into me would sooner or later land you in the Brig, based on my calculations.
Aurion: *Sigh*
Really I'd prefer Almaria to remain the way she is. Contrasts Aurion nicely too.

Quote:
Wow. Interesting info there. Especially the Saber part. Though I'm having trouble imagining TKS with Saber's attitude.

*GASP* Wait, Almaria's attitude is like the early-arc Saber!
In any case, would you mind if Aurion also tries (but fails) to play matchmaker with Fate and Kha? And how does Kha react to Fate calling Chrono Onii-chan? Thanks.
Well a typical battle when the core switch is used:

Spoiler for length:

In the end, she just mimicks whatever character comes to mind, except Saber-impersonation occurs most often. I certainly don't mind Aurion going about his mischief. Let's see what you see, like I always say. As for the oni-chan thing, unless someone clues him in he might totally miss the joke and think why is everyone laughing (if they are) when Fate's just greeting her older brother. In situations like this, Whispers is of no help in revealing what's going on.

Quote:
Oi, Aurion could do Kha a favor and give him parts for projection for TKS. I have no doubts at all that Der Kleriker could install it in no time, much to TKS' pleasure.

*Imagines TKS watching anime in her internal database without permission*
Hmm... The Device itself has no more space to cram that inside, but the Libram, which follows the mage in spirit form, can accomodate it...

Sakura: [Father! Can I have it? Please! Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease--] *silent mode*

Which would mean Sakura can materialize the Libram anytime she wants entertainment, and that might be in the wrong places. Luckily the Libram can be locked under Kha's control. But then this scenario could happen at the workshop:
Spoiler for A Day at the Workshop:

Boy did that remind me of the weird Pikachu adventures. Pardon the mild OOCness. Btw RH and Sakura usually get along fine, its just that Sakura likes to create mayhem for fun, and it eats into RH's definition of freindship...

@Lowe: Haha... TSAB owns all interdimensional outposts but to earn more money they sell some of their unused bandwidth to civilian contractors for communications purposes, like cross-dimension cable. It's just that some stations have horrible reception, which is very common for cable like these, and that creates the LLLLQ raws that MC fans complain about. Sounds familiar? I'm sure.

But... Kay's 3 devices have such synergy... I see Sakura setting Shinji off on some frenzy and leaving Asuka to stop him while she hangs around laughing... I wonder what Rey would do?

Taken together, people would start asking Aurion and Chario why are they wearing ear-muffs in a laboratory dealing with quiet and delicate devices.

@dragon: Have you seen the 4komas Skane, Chaos and I been spamming? Well yeah you're not alone.

Last edited by Kha; 2007-05-14 at 13:17.
Old 2007-05-14, 10:22   Link #158
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

"Lets be friends..."

*nearly cries his eyes out*

I tell you Sakura is pure gold right there

Old 2007-05-14, 20:39   Link #159
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Wow, I do believe I have missed a good conversation after a day of leave. Seems everyone's getting hyped on referring to Fate/SN, am I right?

@ Kha: nice antics

Quote:
@ USB500: So we're adding Arthurian elements and into the mix now, and quite blatantly too Depending how the rest of Alex-thur's profile turns out, she could or could not turn out to be a Saber clone, as Kha already points out

At least, don't give her an invisible sword please =P j/k
The problem is one of the abilities is

Quote:
@USB500 Nice character you got there. She does remind me of Saber from FSN as well. In any case, are you also planning to make a Shirou to your Saber? Keep up th good work.

Yeah. As a matter of fact, I was planning to make a Shirou for my Saber, although his name is obviously not Shirou. :P

Well, I'm going to repost the character with edited biography.

Spoiler for repost with difference:

Well, that's so much of Arthurian references. I will stop here, so that people can give thoughts on her. After that, I'll put in her abilities and additional information.

Last edited by USB500; 2007-05-15 at 23:21. Reason: replacing some contents
Old 2007-05-14, 21:52   Link #160
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
"Lets be friends..."

*nearly cries his eyes out*

I tell you Sakura is pure gold right there
That's Chaos' influence actually. I never knew who Rin was, but my guess came from all the Image boards and 4komas. Still...

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
Wow, I do believe I have missed a good conversation after a day of leave. Seems everyone's getting hyped on referring to Fate/SN, am I right?

@ Kha: nice antics

The problem is one of the abilities is
Hehe... Well I had FSN in my mind when I first drew up the Convent. Arthra der Schwert is the one Kha remembers as being most similar to Saber. Now if you imagine an entire army of girls wearing derivatives of Saber's armor, but each holding different devices, standing on a windswept meadow like the first FSN ED, you'd get a picture of the promotional video for Convent membership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
Well, I'm going to repost the character with edited biography.

Spoiler for repost with difference:

Well, that's so much of Arthurian references. I will stop here, so that people can give thoughts on her. After that, I'll put in her abilities and additional information.
Merlin and Alex's meeting reminds me of Yuuno and Nanoha, especially about him not being able to use the sword himself. And once again, old is the new new. Logians FTW! Almost reminds me of the Star League of Battletech. Nice story, I believe we can also expect great things from her. Btw, I find the heavy Authurian preseance a little forboding. What if Alexandra is Authur's second chance?

[whine]ARGH! The last third of the Point of Light OVA is killing me! It has the least feeling since Episode 1! Grr...[/whine]

Looking forward to Alexandra's skills!