AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 152 75.25%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 35 17.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 3.47%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 2.48%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.99%
Voters: 202. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-21, 18:49   Link #161
MaiHikari

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapo View Post
It's no longer "Michel Blanc" but "Michael Brun". From white to brown... Weird.
LOL. The Japanese katakana of Blanc and Brun is the same (except they might add a "ku" to blanc).

I'd say they wont kill Klan. She'll just extract her revenge by killing off any Vajra in sight (and hopefully their singing queen wishful thinking).

I know, I know. Ranka will grow, blah blah blah. It seems it's too late though. Even if she pulls a Rolo.
Old 2008-08-21, 18:59   Link #162
Tabris

At least michael had the best type of salad, a Klan one.
Old 2008-08-21, 19:03   Link #163
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris View Post
At least michael had the best type of salad, a Klan one.
Personally, I can't wait for Klan to go hell-fury in the following episodes. Maybe she will turn into a Milia, who knows.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-08-21, 19:10   Link #164
Marina Ismail
<3 Sheryl Saotome
*Artist

I don't know what to say about this ep... other than I cheered when Klan finally confessed and kissed him.... I hope Sheryl can be some sort of support for her like she helped out Sheryl in ep 19. Call me crazy but was the director trying to tell us by showing a close up of Alto holding Ranka's hand? (When he pulled her to run away and she looked down at it).

This is the ep that should prove what an awesome character Sheryl is, although we had the earlier eps, this should show the Sheryl-Haters how awesome she is. Also... did anyone's heart break at the last scene with Mik's glasses on the floor cracked with Diamond in the background?
Old 2008-08-21, 19:45   Link #165
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
Agreed. I don't hate Ranka or blame her (Kawamori killed Michael).

But once again, Sheryl >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ranka.

Kawamori will not be spared of my wrath if anything happens to Sheryl (e.g. she dies of space aids)
Old 2008-08-21, 19:50   Link #166
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by W-General View Post
Kawamori will not be spared of my wrath if anything happens to Sheryl (e.g. she dies of space aids)
Considering the fandom that is in Japan surrounding the queen, I highly doubt Kawamori would do anything stupid to her.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-08-21, 19:50   Link #167
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiHikari View Post
I know, I know. Ranka will grow, blah blah blah. It seems it's too late though. Even if she pulls a Rolo.
<shudder> Jeebus, must you bring psycho kid into this? Yeah, yeah, he saved Lelouch, blablabla. He still killed Shirley and would have most certainly offed Nunnally if given the chance.

Although the idea of Ranka going all yandere and ordering her Vajra pets to kill all people who stand between her and Alto has some appeal, in a weird Starcraft-y type of way. But then again I just saw The Dark Knight, so I might be a bit infected by the Jokers chaos theory.
Old 2008-08-21, 19:58   Link #168
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Wow once again Ranka is bleh and Sheryl is total awesomeness.

Best episode for me of MF so far.
Old 2008-08-21, 20:00   Link #169
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Well crap I just saw spoilers for this epi...actually Im kinda glad I did since now I know what to expect but still Im pissed!!!
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-08-21, 20:10   Link #170
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

This episode was extremely good, 10/10 in my book. Kinda sad that Michel died but oh well, it was about time someone important did.
Old 2008-08-21, 20:11   Link #171
Crimson_Hero

Just saw it

Rambling impressions :

-Damn, Michael went out like a man - protecting the woman he loves and swimming in a deluge of his enemy's raining blood.

-Sheryl declaring herself the Songstress of Despair? Win. I got chills when she started singing. Diamond Crevasse is probably my favorite Frontier song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haninozuka
*Facepalm* Argh, dammit Ranka! >_< Look what you've done! I hope Klan slaps her next episode...in macronized form too.

So does it mean that for Ranka's song to work against the Vajra, they have to keep Ranka in good spirits perpetually? If some idiot suggests that Alto is now obligated to choose her so that she can be happy for the sake of Frontier, I will kill them!
Reminds me a bit of Haruhi Suzimiya, what with the "appease the bitch or humanity gets wiped out" angle. Poor Alto would have to take up the role of Kyon. And Ranka, although I don't see her stripping Sheryl and throwing her into a nurse outfit anytime soon, I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Old 2008-08-21, 20:30   Link #172
Marina Ismail
<3 Sheryl Saotome
*Artist

Whoa, whoa whoaaa.... as much as I hate Ranka (that is NOT a typo) I don't think she is to blame for the Vaj killing Mik =/. Yes she was annoying when she didn't want to sing till Sheryl had to queen slap'er, but she did attempt to sing and I think in that scene where Grace is floating around all Tireia-like (from 00 and I never could spell his name rofl...) you see a graph behind her that shows the impact of the emotion through the song and it was veryyy low, maybe that is what caused Ranka's singing not to have an affect?

Don't mistake me as a Ranka shipper, I hate her and she annoys the crap out of me... but I don't see how the vaj killing Mik is her fault unless it was Ai-Kun, then we should burn her at the stake!

Also Alto is REALLY starting to piss me off, Mik gave him a hint that both girls likes him and he continues on with his stupid oblivious act? Ugh... and his smile for ep 21's preview doesn't sit well with me, your friend just died dude... that goes for you too Ranka. --;
Old 2008-08-21, 20:30   Link #173
SymphonicRain

Quote:
-Sheryl declaring herself the Songstress of Despair? Win. I got chills when she started singing. Diamond Crevasse is probably my favorite Frontier song.
Sheryl is the Jesus I tell ya.

Ranka's fans are all majorly otakus (As shown in the audiences in the previous concert) while Sheryl is the true Songstress of the Galaxy.
Old 2008-08-21, 20:33   Link #174
Marina Ismail
<3 Sheryl Saotome
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymphonicRain View Post
Sheryl is the Jesus I tell ya.

Ranka's fans are all majorly otakus (As shown in the audiences in the previous concert) while Sheryl is the true Songstress of the Galaxy.
I agree and wtf was up with nobody noticing that it was Sheryl until she sang? XD
Old 2008-08-21, 20:36   Link #175
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuniiChan View Post
I agree and wtf was up with nobody noticing that it was Sheryl until she sang? XD
Frontier had basically become a bastion of Ranka fanboys and fangirls. I wanted to scream, "So where's your savior now, bitches!"
Old 2008-08-21, 20:37   Link #176
Danish78
Thread Lurker

Downloaded and watched just half of the episode (screwy wifi! Grrr). Uhm... Anybody know what Klan said to Michel when he attempted to placate the SherylxAltoxRanka scene on the flight roof/deck? 1st half of the episode was sweet! A definite 9 at least (was kinda hoping for an AltoxSheryl liplock before Ranka burst in, Curses! Foiled again!) Waiting on the complete episode before voting though.
Old 2008-08-21, 20:38   Link #177
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuniiChan View Post
I guess people were just to focussed with what was going on, and the wounded people.
Old 2008-08-21, 21:10   Link #178
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
I feel the same way. Either Nanase or Luca should have been the one to go. Hell, both of them.
The last thing I wanted at this stage of the story was to see Michael die. He and Klan were to the closest to what we had of anime legends Max and Millia, and we really needed both of them alive to help cure Sheryl and knock Alto to senses.

I also thought that killing Luca could have had its significance as well with the number of top secrets things he knows, which he could have given a hint for his friends to find them out. Besides, Luca is a poor pilot anyway. Why can't he bite the dust instead of one of the aces? Meanwhile, killing Nanase could have thrown an ice-cold shower on Ranka right after she caught Sheryl and Alto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee32 View Post
This was an excellent but very very sad. Why Michael??? This ep. confirmed for me why Sheryl deserves Alto and why Ranka doesn't. Sheryl put the welfare of others before herself. What amazed me is how she got the people in the shelter to calm down. This ep. also showed be that Brera might not be the bad guy I thought he was. I was so sad for Klan and Cathy. I just hope Klan doesn't due anything that would get herself killed.
I can't wait for the subs to add at my collection of episodes, but I can feel that Ranka deserves the entire box of tomatoes on her for bitching and all the tantrums because she saw Alto and Sheryl together.

Through her actions in that shelter, we can see in full glory why Sheryl is a top class lady despite whatever we can say against her. That alone is more than enough to show how much Sheryl deserves Alto and why Ranka's aspirations can be thrown out of the window.

If there's someone who deserves to kill Grace with his willpower at some point, it is Brera. I hate when people are used as pawns like that and I always expect them to bite the master's hand.

I've seen many Macross episodes in my life, but never had I expected for one of my favorite characters to die in Macross since the days of Roy Focker.
Old 2008-08-21, 21:15   Link #179
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Personally, I can't wait for Klan to go hell-fury in the following episodes. Maybe she will turn into a Milia, who knows.

- Tak
I wish you're right. But I still can't understand why Michael had to go down while others could have been at the end of the spear instead.

Max and Milia are already top notch in the Macross world. Michael and Klan were closest of matching that for once we've been missing Human x Zentraedi pairings for a long time.
Old 2008-08-21, 21:17   Link #180
Haninozuka

I bet the Ranka shippers will be seething about "how dare that bitch Sheryl slap our beloved Ranka?!" and they'll try to justify her selfish self-absorption by saying that it's because her love for Alto is "pure and she had been betrayed, so how can you blame her for being emotional?".

And of course they'll ignore or misinterpret things to say that Alto choose to accompany Ranka during this episode rather than go with Sheryl and that Alto x Ranka being together in the end will be the key to humanity's survival against the Vajra.

(excuse me while I get a barf bag)
Closed Thread