AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-09, 18:49   Link #541
Rion
Ramune~

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneplusme View Post
(While I'm at it, huge thanks to Hox, whoever you may be, for picking up the scanlations. Very much appreciated!)
Yes, indeed. I can't be grateful enough for that.
Old 2009-03-10, 01:22   Link #542
oneplusme
Simoun-Fans Editor

Is anyone else having annoying 404 issues with chapter 58?

Spoiler for Chapter 59:
Old 2009-03-10, 08:05   Link #543
oneplusme
Simoun-Fans Editor

To answer my own question...

Spoiler for Chapter 59 speculation:
Old 2009-03-10, 12:08   Link #544
Diedrupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneplusme View Post
To answer my own question...

Spoiler for Chapter 59 speculation:
Unfortunately chapter 60 doesn't shed any new light on it, they completely bypass that and move on to different things.
Old 2009-03-11, 21:47   Link #545
Luco

Well, as it turns out I'll be releasing MQ/HQ scans still, with Hox's trans. Tsuru, drop by IRC.
Old 2009-03-12, 08:08   Link #546
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Thanks to Hox and the editors who picked up his script. I appreciate you continuing this series

As for the manga itself: Kito does enjoy torturing his characters eh... :'( It's almost sadistic to what point they have to suffer.
Old 2009-03-14, 04:17   Link #547
Rion
Ramune~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luco View Post
Well, as it turns out I'll be releasing MQ/HQ scans still, with Hox's trans. Tsuru, drop by IRC.
Seriously. Is it really necessary to "oversub" (or rather overscanlate) Bokurano like this, especially since you don't have your own translations and are just following somebody else's releases? Perhaps Hox' work is not perfect, but I appreciate it a lot and personally I find it very rude to re-use other people's scanlations without asking at all for doing... exactly the same thing: scanlating a series. In the fansubbing world and even more so in the scanlation world, it's considered a rather lame thing to do.

At least get your own translations. Otherwise, I would be happy if you'd drop the series and leave it to others who can actually translate. Not to mention that I don't think you can reach Mangascreener's editing so quickly either.

Thank God everything by Mohiro Kitoh except Bokurano and his new (ongoing?) series is now fully scanlated.

Last edited by Rion; 2009-03-14 at 04:28.
Old 2009-03-16, 16:47   Link #548
Luco

Ok Rion, I see what your saying.

First, I spoke with Hox and first offered to help him scanlate on his releases. He turned me down, and I was ok with that. Second, he said that he was fine with me using his translations, so I do have his permission. And my releases will be slow if ever released, so it's not as serious business as you think. And sorry if a few peoples work isn't up to scratch with one of the oldest scanlation groups around. Eh, I'll probably give up if that's the way people feel.
Old 2009-03-19, 20:11   Link #549
Renan

No Luco! You will not give up! Don't believe in yourself! Believe in me who believes in you! If you don't scanlate Bokurano then who will!? You are our only hope! Don't listen to those nay sayers! Do what your heart tells you and scanlate Bokurano with your drill!
Old 2009-03-20, 12:40   Link #550
Rion
Ramune~

Hey Luco, I think it's great that you went to ask permission. That gets the most problematic thing out of the way. At this point, of course it's up to you whether you want to continue doing this, and if others want to support you in this endeavor, they totally can.

By the way, I don't know that much about Mangascreener, but it's not like 10 people work on a project there and not everyone of them is a 5 year veteran. As far as I know, Bokurano was a project which was pushed by perhaps 2 people and mainly worked on by those two, who, by the way, also had a lot of other projects running. There is no reason for you to feel sorry about not be able to reach those editing skills, it's just that I see no reason why anyone would need another group's work on Bokurano unless it looks as astounishing as Mangascreener's releases. (And don't worry, their releases looked crap as hell when they just started, especially the shoujo stuff. It's only later that they became very, very aware of editing quality - to the point of pissing their editors off.) And if your releases are also slow on top of that, why bother? It's not about "giving up" or anything, unlike Simon and Kamina, it's not like you are fighting anyone. It's about whether it's worth it for anybody, and whether it is an appropriate thing to do. When I think about how many great series are left unscanlated (and there are tons! There is even Mohiro Kitoh's newest series), it's saddening when you see people doing double work when they could use their time and skills on other things.
Old 2009-03-20, 13:37   Link #551
Renan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rion View Post
Hey Luco, I think it's great that you went to ask permission. That gets the most problematic thing out of the way. At this point, of course it's up to you whether you want to continue doing this, and if others want to support you in this endeavor, they totally can.

By the way, I don't know that much about Mangascreener, but it's not like 10 people work on a project there and not everyone of them is a 5 year veteran. As far as I know, Bokurano was a project which was pushed by perhaps 2 people and mainly worked on by those two, who, by the way, also had a lot of other projects running. There is no reason for you to feel sorry about not be able to reach those editing skills, it's just that I see no reason why anyone would need another group's work on Bokurano unless it looks as astounishing as Mangascreener's releases. (And don't worry, their releases looked crap as hell when they just started, especially the shoujo stuff. It's only later that they became very, very aware of editing quality - to the point of pissing their editors off.) And if your releases are also slow on top of that, why bother? It's not about "giving up" or anything, unlike Simon and Kamina, it's not like you are fighting anyone. It's about whether it's worth it for anybody, and whether it is an appropriate thing to do. When I think about how many great series are left unscanlated (and there are tons! There is even Mohiro Kitoh's newest series), it's saddening when you see people doing double work when they could use their time and skills on other things.
I think I just got owned in a sence.
Old 2009-03-20, 15:36   Link #552
MikoGalatea
Just A Lurker

I'm just glad someone finally did continue scanslations for Bokurano. Come to think of it, though, I haven't seen any raws since chapter 60, at least not on the usual source; shouldn't Japan be on ch62 or 63 by now?

Oh, and Rion? What's this new Kitoh series you're talking about? I haven't heard anything about it before, and I'm really curious.
Old 2009-03-20, 16:33   Link #553
Rion
Ramune~

Yeah, I think the most recent one is chapter 62, but 63 should be out soon, or something like that?

I'm sorry that I was a little misleading, the 'series' I was talking about is "Owari to Hajimari no Mairusu", serialized in Manga Erotics F and I'm still not sure if it's ongoing or a one-shot. By the way, wow, it's scanlated in French. YAY! I have to get it quickly before it gets licensed (who knows, this is France we are speaking about, they license everything).

Here's a picture of the cover:
Old 2009-03-20, 17:32   Link #554
Renan

...What in the world is that?
Old 2009-03-21, 17:21   Link #555
oneplusme
Simoun-Fans Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renan View Post
...What in the world is that?
No idea, but the pattern on the mask looks remarkably similar to Zearth's faceplate...
Old 2009-03-23, 16:56   Link #556
Renan

That's not the french Bokurano is it?
Old 2009-04-05, 14:23   Link #557
Selo
Lost Cause

^ No, no, that's the new series (or I suppose it's ongoing) that Kitoh is doing now... does anyone know what it's about? Or if it's any good? This is Kitoh, so it's going to catch my attention no matter what, but I'm assuming it's much too early for anyone to want to pick up scanslations or whatever. I haven't even been able to find a place to get the French versions yet.

Back on the topic of Bokurano, though! I'm on chapter 57 at the moment, and I don't know if the current scanslations going around go past 60, which is the latest one I'm seeing. I get my stuff from MangaFox though, so I don't even know how slow that is. Again, much love to Hox for taking up the latest chapters <3

I didn't watch the anime, so all the similarities/differences in the later manga plots aren't really affecting me, though I don't want a sugary-happy ending. I doubt we'll get one like some people fear, and I'm enjoying the events as of late.
Spoiler for Chapters 55+:
Old 2009-04-05, 16:12   Link #558
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

Incidentally I haven't seen raws released for beyond chapter 60 yet and as far as I can ascertain Chapter 64 will be the final chapter!
Old 2009-04-06, 19:26   Link #559
Bijoux
Alien Symbiote: Borg

I've been reading this manga for so long that I "almost" don't want it to end. If that makes any sense with the poltline. The last few chapers have been awesome. Just to put this out there, and I don't know if this was mentioned before, but a nice person going by the name Onkr finished translating Hallucination from the Womb. Here's hoping that someone picks up Owari to Hajimari no Mairusu. Or that the oneshot Kare no Satsujin Keikaku gets scanlated. I found the raws somewhere, but since I can only read kana at the moment, I can't understand the dialogue. It's nice to look at though.

Edit: A mistake on my part. I just checked the Bakaupdates page for Kare no Satsujin Keikaku, and apparently the group Village Idiot scanlated it around 85 days ago. This is what I get for putting things on the wish list rather than on the reading list...

Last edited by Bijoux; 2009-04-06 at 20:30. Reason: Corrected mistake
Old 2009-04-23, 16:44   Link #560
Renan

So I'm guessing we can put Bokurano back in the dead category again right?
Closed Thread

Tags
mecha, seinen