Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-15, 11:06   Link #1701
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hachiko View Post

Seems to me that I may be wrong here. Japan has decided it's not exactly ready to go in a new direction just yet. Mea Culpa.
To be fair to you, Chuunibyou did look like a serious challenger for the J-SaiMoe 2013 Championship at one time. But yeah, right now the Madoka girls look much stronger than anybody else.
Old 2013-10-15, 11:06   Link #1702
hinakatbklyn

Now that the (revealed) results are official:

- Tomoka doesn't have to worry about repchange or the PMMM's until the top 16. Awesome result.

In addition, Toshino Kyouko is part of repchange. Despite Ryuuka losing, more Saki reps are part of Repchange (Ryuuka, Arata, and Awai)

- Alittle closer than expected if the PMMM's wanted to make sure that Madoka wanted to reach repchange, but in the end, Ayase wins the match, Madoka is part of repchange while Ako and Kuro are eliminated. (Other than Toki in round 3, I don't think Saki has won a match since then that didn't involve a Saki vs. Saki match so it might not have made much of a difference advancing to repchange)

(G) Ayase winning actually gave Akane Akaza a second chance. Will it give Akari enough of a boost to win her match and advance to the top 16? Kuroneko however is looking to advance to the top 16, and maybe her 2nd top 8 appearance.

(E) Kobato missed her chance last year to reach the top 8. I think she has a better chance to win this time and at least reach the top 16. Yoshino appears to be stronger than Kobato, but I'm not certain.

As for my support in both matches..... "Ku Ku Ku!" I'm going Kuroneko / Kobato or combo Hanazawa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamadooddood View Post
Who's Reisys?
I think Kobato would know the answer to that. Her favorite anime character = her cosplay persona.
Old 2013-10-15, 11:32   Link #1703
ion475
にこにこにー

Well, result are finally finalized...

Onto next match, then...

E Final: Pick/Predict: Kobato. I personally find Yoshino seriously overrated...beating Shizu is her biggest achievement, and then, you look at how badly Saki is losing left and right...
G Final: Pick/Predict: Kuroneko. Like the battle of the cats, I can't really pick between this two. Prediction wise, I change back to KN just b/c of Hanazawa combo voting.

Quote:
There's this Winter/Spring and Summer/Autumn Saimoe tournament that just started last year, hosted on Facebook by Japanese ACGN (which stands for Animation, Comics, Games, Novels; an acronym with its roots in Taiwan and is used mainly in Chinese-speaking countries such as Taiwan and China). The whole thing's in traditional Chinese, just to let you know. The 2013 Winter/Spring Saimoe, which started on 14 July, ended with Mikoto Misaka's victory last month. Next would be the 2013 Summer/Autumn Saimoe, which should start around... January 2014. It's gaining in popularity quite well so I think it's worth a check.
Biribiri winning in a Chinese (Okay, Taiwanese just so I don't pissed off those from Taiwan) tournament, huge surprise...

At least they didn't choose Taiwan from Hetalia to win the whole thing LOL.

P.S. Being in Trad. Chinese doesn't affect me a bit...I'm born in HK after all...
Old 2013-10-15, 12:16   Link #1704
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinakatbklyn View Post
I think Kobato would know the answer to that. Her favorite anime character = her cosplay persona.
I see, so Aya Reiko's supporting Kobato.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
Biribiri winning in a Chinese (Okay, Taiwanese just so I don't pissed off those from Taiwan) tournament, huge surprise...

At least they didn't choose Taiwan from Hetalia to win the whole thing LOL.

P.S. Being in Trad. Chinese doesn't affect me a bit...I'm born in HK after all...
Past winners were Accel World's Kuroyukihime and Sakurasou's Mashiro Shiina. Nah, Hetalia didn't win. But yeah, I was surprised at her win too.

Just saying in case anyone else was interested in following that tournament.

Anime Saimoe Tournament 2013 is screwed up. Everyone's argument is invalid.
Old 2013-10-15, 12:25   Link #1705
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Prediction- Kobato, Akkarin
Picks- Yoshino and Akkarin
Old 2013-10-15, 12:27   Link #1706
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
Past winners were Accel World's Kuroyukihime and Sakurasou's Mashiro Shiina. Nah, Hetalia didn't win. But yeah, I was surprised at her win too.

Just saying in case anyone else was interested in following that tournament.
[OT]And I wonder how Mashiro managed to finish 35-0 in ISML LOL...(Maybe it's just me, though, that even when I'm fan of the Sakurasou LN (No, not the anime, I find it to be an insult to the original work) that I don't find Mashiro moe...on the other hand, yeah, Kayano Ai voice does have that healing power)[/OT]
Old 2013-10-15, 13:12   Link #1707
Hachiko
The Akita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
To be fair to you, Chuunibyou did look like a serious challenger for the J-SaiMoe 2013 Championship at one time. But yeah, right now the Madoka girls look much stronger than anybody else.
Oh, my sweet MadoMado...I was lost without you. Now...hope springs eternal! Ohhhhh yes!

Quote:

Well, Madoka's place in the Sweet 16 is already more or less confirmed since it looks like she'll sweep all her opponents in the repechage.
Awesome. If you'll excuse me, I will go ahead and melt into my dakiMadoka for a bit. BRB....yush...
Old 2013-10-15, 15:00   Link #1708
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Quote:
As for my support in both matches..... "Ku Ku Ku!" I'm going Kuroneko / Kobato or combo Hanazawa
This ku ku ku
Old 2013-10-15, 15:36   Link #1709
AP24

Quote:
Well, Madoka's place in the Sweet 16 is already more or less confirmed since it looks like she'll sweep all her opponents in the repechage.
We don't even know who her opponents will be yet until they make the draw for the Losers Block. She may end up unlucky that all her opponents will be tough ones. Madoka has quite a long road since all characters that lost in Round 1 or 2 need to win 3 rounds in the Losers Block. The ones who lost in the group finals on the other hand just need to win 1 round in the Losers Block.

We have a Kana Hanazawa combo in today's matches and it's after Tomoka's victory. Both matches look even but I think Yoshino will still win and I prefer Kuroneko to win since I prefer the ones who lost to her to continue.
Old 2013-10-15, 17:58   Link #1710
Team Rocket Elite

Ayase won which means Madoka is now back in the game. Madoka still needs to win 3 times before even reaching the Top 16 but even before looking at her opponents, I think she'll do it. Tomoka winning wasn't that surprising either. She looks strong enough to give a scare to the weaker Puella Magi.
Old 2013-10-15, 20:54   Link #1711
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Ayase wins block B as expected by many. Miho's blitzkrieg offensive backed by elements of the battered Saki faction is blunted and routed by a defense-in-depth strategy employed by hardcore Ayase supporters and reinforcements from the Madoka faction. She is taken as a POW into the repechage camp with a guarantee of freedom if she is able to fight her way out of there.

No commentary on the results of the block D final, since I'm not exactly familiar with both girls, aside from Tomoka winning as expected by many here.

Picks:
Kobato Hasegawa @ Boku Wa Tomodachi Ga Sukunai
Ruri Gokou @ Ore No Imouto Ga Konna Ni Kawaii Wake Ga Nai

HanaKana combo today!
Old 2013-10-15, 23:23   Link #1712
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

I was gone for a few days to Japan for the Bonbori Matsuri and so many things happen. I guess we can conclude MadoMagi as the winner already. No point to continue for the other non-Saki/MadoMagi or Saki girls cannot win this year's AST. MadoMagi is gonna dominate like how they did in 2011 >.>

Henceforth I'll only vote on certain match days.

EDIT: I see they introduced a new rule which made the tourney itself lose some flavor. As much as I want a fair and even match, I won't even get them now. Heck, I'll probably stop voting already.

The transparency of the new criteria is not there and I'm not pleased with it. The admins need to be transparent about their criteria or I see AST is going down to doom if they keep that rule that will potentially rig the tourney. It's not even funny right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldlight View Post
Nope. "neutral but leaning"? That is practically a contradiction right there. Maybe "Leaning towards ABM but not NBS" is a better way to put it. Drop the neutral act.
Perhaps it could be that way, but like I say on all purpose. I'm totally fine with anyone that is non-Mado/Saki to win so I don't think I have to drop that.

Quote:
But you did make a sweeping generalization against everyone. You yourself admitted misusing "absolute statements" and later backpedaling on it. See:

Making it seem like you're an extremist? Now where did that come from? Please provide me with a specific quote so I know you're not blowing my statements out of proportion or attempting to use a straw man argument on me.

Just because I said you're not neutral or called you a supporter of the Saki faction doesn't mean you're an extremist either. People have their own biases to varying degrees. Having some biases is not the same as being extremist. I don't know how you define 'extremist' but this isn't black or white, 1 or 0 where the only kinds of fans/voters are either neutral or extremist. That kind of narrow thinking is just a gross oversimplification of things.

Aren't you the one assuming and exaggerating things here?
Well when you said that I was shooting everyone not supporting Saki, mind you, go and see the past and you'll find most of them supporting MadoMagi. It's not wrong to support your favorite series but the way you put it, it seems like the reason I raged so hard was cos the Matsumi sister lost BECAUSE I supported them. While it's not wrong that I supported them, the fact I raged was not because I supported them and they lost but rather how it seems that Miho was piggy backing the presence of Mami to win over Kuro - lets remember that this is my main purpose of the rage and not otherwise what you stated by saying I'm shooting everyone not supporting Saki. Sure, I'm shooting those who is downplaying on MadoMagi's strength but not for that. Are we even on the same issue?

Last edited by KanbeKotori; 2013-10-16 at 00:10.
Old 2013-10-16, 00:36   Link #1713
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Quote:
Most pessimistic is actually 3, but yeah, I find 2 quite unlikely too. Unless they have an unexplained change of heart...

What happened to Korea's Best Moe Tournament?
KBM had a server crash and they didn't have any backup. According to what maglor told me on ISML forums so they are discontinuing the tourney.

Quote:
OK. In light of the recent results...

KanbeKotori, how'd you know that Saimoe was going to be this screwed up?

Also, grats to Akari and Sayaka.
I don't know is this sarcasm or not since I'm not in the mood now to tell the difference but I hope it's not. In anyway I'm gonna reply this earnestly.

Though this is my maiden participation, I already have reliable sources(veteran AST voters) telling me things. Besides, history of AST and the changes they made these years are already forewarning it's gonna be shit. I was hoping it won't be the case but it seems so right now. In any case, this year's AST is going down the drain and if the admins is not gonna do anything about it, future AST is also going to go down. Some of my Japanese friends aren't particularly happy with the new changes and they have given up voting completely.

It's a pity though, I like their repechage system but with them restricting so much and them not being transparent at all, it just do the system injustice.

Last edited by KanbeKotori; 2013-10-16 at 01:00.
Old 2013-10-16, 00:59   Link #1714
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanbeKotori View Post
Perhaps it could be that way, but like I say on all purpose. I'm totally fine with anyone that is non-Mado/Saki to win so I don't think I have to drop that.
If you still prefer to deny the obvious, then be my guest. I already gave you some constructive criticism regarding your signature.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KanbeKotori View Post
Well when you said that I was shooting everyone not supporting Saki, mind you, go and see the past and you'll find most of them supporting MadoMagi. It's not wrong to support your favorite series
Everyone =/= most. 'Nuff said.

Of course it's not wrong to support your favorite series. I get that you support your favorite series, Saki - and thus I said you supported the Saki faction. Is supporting the Saki faction that much of a bad thing that you so vehemently deny it? And of course one is also free to support other girls and factions too, there's nobody here saying that one can only support one faction.

Quote:
but the way you put it, it seems like the reason I raged so hard was cos the Matsumi sister lost BECAUSE I supported them. While it's not wrong that I supported them, the fact I raged was not because I supported them and they lost but rather how it seems that Miho was piggy backing the presence of Mami to win over Kuro - lets remember that this is my main purpose of the rage and not otherwise what you stated by saying I'm shooting everyone not supporting Saki. Sure, I'm shooting those who is downplaying on MadoMagi's strength but not for that.
So, where are those quotes of mine I requested from you? Still exaggerating, misinterpreting and making straw men out of my statements, are you? Or are you simply that paranoid that you keep misinterpreting and making twisted interpretations of my posts? Perhaps you only wish to save face in this argument, but the way you're doing this you're only giving yourself a hard time.
Quote:
Are we even on the same issue?
I don't think so, because you keep backpedaling and moving your goalposts in the argument. First, you attacked everyone with a sweeping absolute statement, and then backpedaled when it was pointed out. Next you denied supporting the Saki faction despite the negativity in your posts ("results are shit" etc.) whenever a Saki girl lost. Then you denied raging after the Matsumi sisters lost. Now you admit to raging; and now you bring up Miho as the reason for your rage? Let's not forget your "me making you look like an extremist" argument that you seem to have conveniently forgotten.
Old 2013-10-16, 01:19   Link #1715
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Quote:
If you still prefer to deny the obvious, then be my guest. I already gave you some constructive criticism regarding your signature.
I guess it doesn't matter anymore now so I don't think there's a need to change a thing. Thank you for providing such constructive criticism though.

Quote:
Everyone =/= most. 'Nuff said.

Of course it's not wrong to support your favorite series. I get that you support your favorite series, Saki - and thus I said you supported the Saki faction. Is supporting the Saki faction that much of a bad thing that you so vehemently deny it? And of course one is also free to support other girls and factions too, there's nobody here saying that one can only support one faction.
I was not trying to deny it but as I did say, I support them, but not so extensively as you believe to be considered pro-Saki since I DO have girls I prioritize over Toki.

Quote:
So, where are those quotes of mine I requested from you? Still exaggerating, misinterpreting and making straw men out of my statements, are you? Or are you simply that paranoid that you keep misinterpreting and making twisted interpretations of my posts? Perhaps you only wish to save face in this argument, but the way you're doing this you're only giving yourself a hard time.
I don't think so, because you keep backpedaling and moving your goalposts in the argument. First, you attacked everyone with a sweeping absolute statement, and then backpedaled when it was pointed out. Next you denied supporting the Saki faction despite the negativity in your posts ("results are shit" etc.) whenever a Saki girl lost. Then you denied raging after the Matsumi sisters lost. Now you admit to raging; and now you bring up Miho as the reason for your rage? Let's not forget your "me making you look like an extremist" argument that you seem to have conveniently forgotten.
Well, I kept clicking and didn't paste the quote at all but if you go all the way back to your quote that you say cardboard eating thingy, that was when I raged about Matsumi sisters losing...so I don't think it's directed at anything else since imadooddood came and deny that and what not. Not long before/after(cannot remember, can't scroll back now since I'm at work) that I flamed those who downplayed MadoMagi's strength. Both cases are totally unrelated and what I'm bringing out is the fact which Miho won because of Mami's match. Now tell me are you even directing at the right quote in the first place? I'm very confused right now.

"Next you denied supporting the Saki faction despite the negativity in your posts ("results are shit" etc.) whenever a Saki girl lost."

I beg to differ. If you would be kind enough to actually go back I didn't post all of that negativity whenever a Saki girl lost. One being I already know that the weaker Saki girls who will lose to a non-Saki/Mado girl and another being that it's understandable that Yuu lost. Now aren't you the one who is trying to pin everything in the wrong direction?
Old 2013-10-16, 01:34   Link #1716
MartianMage

I dunno why some people even assume this is no longer fair. I don't see how implementing stricter foreign IP bans = rigging the tourney. If majority of these 400-500 japanese voters like MadoMagi then why is it not fair? MadoMagi is pretty big in Japan after all.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
Old 2013-10-16, 02:03   Link #1717
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartianMage View Post
I dunno why some people even assume this is no longer fair. I don't see how implementing stricter foreign IP bans = rigging the tourney. If majority of these 400-500 japanese voters like MadoMagi then why is it not fair? MadoMagi is pretty big in Japan after all.
They didn't actually say that...according to some people(I have no time to validate cos I'm working atm) and they the rules that they introduced they aren't being transparent at all with the criteria. Even my Japanese friends are angry about it and ask the admins to make the rule more transparent but like what someone said here when others requested for transparency, they didn't budge at all(correct me if I'm wrong here). Now tell me how is that fair when the only one that knows what happen are the admins only?

Implement foreign IP bans? No one said anything unfair about it other than it reduce the vote count and make it more possible for manipulation. The reason I see why people are calling it rigged it because there is no transparency at all. Valid codes might be deemed invalid for reason known only to the admins.
Old 2013-10-16, 06:03   Link #1718
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

What an intense match, Kuroneko vs Akari that is.
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12
Old 2013-10-16, 06:28   Link #1719
Team Rocket Elite

Matches: Ff Hf

I may have been underestimating Sawa but Watashi didn't look as good last round. Maho did beat Nodoka but that doesn't really mean much anymore. She had a solid performance on Nyaruko, though. I think Watashi will win this one. Maho is definitely strong but I think Watashi will still get the win. Sayaka wins the second match. Eru is strong but not strong enough to beat a Puella Magi.

Votes:
Watashi
Miki Sayaka

Predictions:
Watashi
Miki Sayaka
Old 2013-10-16, 07:04   Link #1720
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
I pray that Kuroneko will win SaiMoe 2013! Double champion is a nice thing!

Still, it's a sad thing that the triple crown will not happen now that Korea Best Moe is discontinued.
Closed Thread

Tags
2013, anime saimoe tournament, saimoe, tournament