Old 2007-04-26, 14:24   Link #1
NeoSam

Sketchbook ~full color's~

スケッチブック ~full color's~
Sketchbook ~full color's~

Based on a seinen manga.

Official site:
http://www.sketch-full.net/

Based on a 4-panel manga thats titled: Sketchbook. its being serialized in the seinen manga magazine Comic Blade.
For now there are 3 volumes released of this manga.
Covers:

Spoiler:

Mangaka: Kobako Totan

Genre: Seinen

Last edited by GHDpro; 2009-04-30 at 03:17.
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 16:10   Link #2
Rion
Ramune~

Sketchbook are one of the manga that make me with I could read japanese. And oh my, it's getting animated!
But to be honest, I don't even know what it is about - I just find the drawing style extremely intriguing.

(Btw, NeoSam, your avatar is nice *_* Where did you get it?)
Rion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 07:09   Link #3
NeoSam

Hmm why the so sudden interest in animating 4-panel manga lately I wonder >.< but I see some calling this manga as "moe" so that might be reason enough to animate this anyway, the manga seems to be getting good reviews, so I'm looking forward for the anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rion View Post
(Btw, NeoSam, your avatar is nice *_* Where did you get it?)
Some moe~ illustration of Bottle Fairies >.<
Old 2007-07-05, 00:47   Link #4
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

No word yet on the seiyu, but some info on the staff has been released. Seems like ARIA fans will see some familiar names (well, I didn't really know the names of the directors or scriptwriters until now, but anyway a lot of the staff worked on ARIA).

BTW, love this image from the main website:
Old 2007-07-05, 01:20   Link #5
vaizard_ruler
Lucky☆Star Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to vaizard_ruler Send a message via MSN to vaizard_ruler Send a message via Yahoo to vaizard_ruler
damn...this looks awesome! cant wait till they get it out on tv(in japan i mean)
vaizard_ruler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-06, 01:24   Link #6
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

I was so excited about this series that I (tried) to translate the "Story" section from the main website. Seems very slice-of-life.
Quote:
Sketchbook ~ Full Color's is about

Heroine: A very quiet high-school girl.

school's Sui-mountain (学校の裏山?),
relaxing at the art picnic (のんびり写生大会)
neighborhood cats on the way to school,
strange surroundings,
the art room during afterschool hours,
senpais that are just a bit strange,
really odd creative works,
rainbows,
fireworks,
sunsets,
discovering tiny things that happens to anyone, any day.

drawing quickly, quickly

Lots of laughs, just a bit of heartfelt emotion...?
A faint smile, nostalgia slowly taking over
A highschool girl animation you've never seen before.
The heroine is KAJIWARA Sora. I the simplistic art here
Old 2007-07-06, 01:29   Link #7
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Thank you for that translation. The concept of the show sounds pretty interesting.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 23:32   Link #8
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Quote:
放送日時決定
2007年10月1日よりテレビ東京にて毎週月曜26:00~放送スタート
Yay! Sketchbook ~full colors's~ will start airing on October 1, 26:00 on TV Tokyo.

Seiyu cast:
  • Kajiwara Sora(梶原空, our heroine)役 / 花澤香菜
  • Aso Natsumi(麻生夏海)役 / 中世明日香
  • Torikai Hazuki(鳥飼葉月)役 / 牧野由依
  • 春日野日和役 / 広橋 涼
  • 空閑木陰役 / 斎藤桃子
  • 栗原 渚役 / 田村 ゆかり
  • 神谷朝霞役 / 小清水亜美
  • 佐々木樹々役 / 近江知永
  • 田辺 涼役 / 浅野真澄

Although there are a few big names on the list, the main characters are relatively new (for me). Koshimizu Ami and Yukarin are the only names I recognize, and both seem somewhat minor characters. Both seem rather quirky characters, though. Torikai Hazuki is Sakura from Tsubasa Chronicles.

Also, the 4th book (what is 出張版 by the way?) is out.
Old 2007-08-25, 04:08   Link #9
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahl_moon View Post
Also, the 4th book (what is 出張版 by the way?) is out.
Business trip version/edition >.< This was released on January 2006, the same month the 3rd volume was released, so it might be a special edition of the third volume (I think).

But this is not the fourth manga volume, the 4th manga volume will be released on September 10th (my birthday :P LOL).
Old 2007-09-12, 11:10   Link #10
xris
Just call me Ojisan

What's the accepted English name for this series? Is is Sketch-full or Sketchbook?
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-12, 11:31   Link #11
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
What's the accepted English name for this series? Is is Sketch-full or Sketchbook?
Should be "Sketchbook ~full color's~", or "Sketchbook" for short. Sketch-full is just something they came up with for the URL because it'd be impossible to find a domain with a common word like "sketchbook".
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-12, 11:55   Link #12
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The artwork is very pretty ... I wonder if the anime adaptation will be another "watercolor" style piece of work.
Old 2007-09-12, 16:14   Link #13
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahl_moon View Post
Seiyu cast:
  • Kajiwara Sora(梶原空, our heroine)役 / 花澤香菜 Hanazawa Kana
  • Aso Natsumi(麻生夏海)役 / 中世明日香 (Nakase Asuka)
  • Torikai Hazuki(鳥飼葉月)役 / 牧野由依 Makino Yui
  • 春日野日和役 / 広橋 涼 Hirohashi Ryou
  • 空閑木陰役 / 斎藤桃子 Saitou Momoko
  • 栗原 渚役 / 田村 ゆかり Tamura Yukari
  • 神谷朝霞役 / 小清水亜美 Koshimizu Ami
  • 佐々木樹々役 / 近江知永 (Oumi Tomoe)
  • 田辺 涼役 / 浅野真澄 Asano Masumi
I love this cast. I've added the names of the people I recognize. Hanazawa Kana is a new rising star who does a fine job as Shiika in Mushiuta (and as Potemayo, lol). Makino Yui was nominated for best new seiyuu of 2006 for her role of Misaki in Welcome to the NHK. Hirohashi Ryou is Alice Carroll in ARIA and was Rakka in Haibane Renmei. Saitou Momoko was Solty in Solty Rei and Choko in Chokotto Sister. Asano Masumi won the award as most popular seiyuu personality of 2006 for her radio show. She shows up as the heroine's best friend in a lot of shows. She was Manatsu in Uta~Kata and stars in Doujin Work.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-12, 16:45   Link #14
FireChick

Man! Another MFI title! Oh well! I'm watching this on YouTube, Veoh or Crunchyroll! Besides, it looks cute! And it's by the same production company that did Futago Hime.
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-12, 16:52   Link #15
Woland
Latin Rascal

Well, Hanazawa Kana has to be mentioned especially and absolutely for Ryoko Kaminagi of Zegapain, a character that worth the whole series (her and the great Kawasumi as Shizuno-senpai, yeah like in "that thing" of potemayo XD). Nothing against Shiika but that's not comparison at all, IMHO

But other than that this show seems just something I'd like to watch, and that's why is one of my first choice for the fall (with Shin no O and Mokke, but I already know those because of the manga).
Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-12, 21:57   Link #16
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woland View Post
Well, Hanazawa Kana has to be mentioned especially and absolutely for Ryoko Kaminagi of Zegapain, a character that worth the whole series (her and the great Kawasumi as Shizuno-senpai, yeah like in "that thing" of potemayo XD). Nothing against Shiika but that's not comparison at all, IMHO ....
Lol. I knew I should have mentioned Zegapain. Ryoko is the role that brought Hanazawa Kana to prominence, and people say she's great in it. But I haven't seen it. I keep wishing there were ten days in a week so I could watch all the anime I haven't got to yet.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-09-24, 15:32   Link #17
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Here is a photo of the three main seiyuu. Left to right, they are Hanazawa Kana (Sora), Makino Yui (Hazuki), and Nakase Asuka (Natsumi). Click to enlarge.

Makino Yui and Hanazawa Kana are two of the most interesting young seiyuu around right now, for me.
Old 2007-09-26, 16:14   Link #18
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Yui Makino! I *luff*!

I was planning to watch Sketchbook anyways, but knowing Yui Makino will be a seiyuu in it just makes me darned happy.
Risaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-26, 16:27   Link #19
Midonin
Last Engage

I'm interested in watching this show. Looks cute and fun.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-30, 05:32   Link #20
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

I think Aria fans watching this will be in safe hands...

Spoiler for Presidential cameo in the PV:

Last edited by Sonhex; 2007-09-30 at 05:44.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, hal, school life, seinen, slice of life