AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-18, 23:22   Link #1261
solothurn
銀河妖精親衛隊・隊長

I know I'm gonna get shot for this, but to be honest, I really don't mind if Sheryl loses the triangle (While I abhor the fact that Ranka may not be able to mature properly due to the presence of Alto.) as long as they give her a fitting end. Dying doesn't count. I'm sure Kawamori would never kill off one of the members of the love triangle as some cheap way of resolving it as he never really did in the past series, but we can never know.

I'm sure that when all has been said and done after she comes into terms with everything, she's probably the type to smile and move on.

I just hope they don't end this the Macross 7 way where everything just hangs there and we never get to see what really happened, though it was kinda obvious who really won it.
Old 2008-08-18, 23:29   Link #1262
MaiHikari

Quote:
Originally Posted by solothurn View Post
I know I'm gonna get shot for this, but to be honest, I really don't mind if Sheryl loses the triangle ...
I'm sure that when all has been said and done after she comes into terms with everything, she's probably the type to smile and move on.
Why can't Ranka go find her true aspirations in life and move on? That would be a more satisfying ending as each character grows from what they originally were and gets something out of the experience.
Old 2008-08-18, 23:30   Link #1263
aneeshadc

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
I do think the fact that Alto was willing to return home to see Sheryl, reveals a little bit his developing feelings for her. It's not like anyone has made him obligated to protect her or look after her. The fact that he is seeking her out, and even returning to his dreaded home, is a huge step, that the assistant acknowledges to some degree. The more time goes on, the more confident I am with the outcome of this story.
Ya, I agree! The fact that he was willing to suppress his pride for her and go back to the home he swore to never set foot in again speaks volumes about his feelings for her with the added benefit that with this ep it is quite clear Sheryl has always made a strong impact on him ( his throwing that destiny thing back at her). Despite his tsundere attitude, he has always had an high opinion of her.
I think he 's vaguely aware of ranka's feelings but not making a move becos he simply isnt interested in her romantically.
As for Sheryl, even if he is inclined towards her, he's always thought she's messing with him, even in his talk with Michael, he mentions hw he thinks she's as Fickle as ever! So its no wonder that he isnt making any move in her direction. He is the biggest idiot of the century, a hot & lovable idiot though!
Everything points to an Alto/Sheryl end but doubts still stubbornly lurk in my mind. Its like, u knw u cant help but feel a teensy weensy bit unsure abt a 100% sure thing...kay nw m being contradictory... but u get my point. I really hope Kawamori is all that u guys say he is!
Old 2008-08-18, 23:30   Link #1264
Dark Wing

Quote:
I know I'm gonna get shot for this, but to be honest, I really don't mind if Sheryl loses the triangle (While I abhor the fact that Ranka may not be able to mature properly due to the presence of Alto.) as long as they give her a fitting end. Dying doesn't count. I'm sure Kawamori would never kill off one of the members of the love triangle as some cheap way of resolving it as he never really did in the past series, but we can never know.

I just hope they don't end this the Macross 7 way where everything just hangs there and we never get to see what really happened, though it was kinda obvious who really won it.
Both Sherly and Ranka have strong bonds with Alto so I believe it's still up in the air either one could come out on top depending on how the story pans out...Well thats how I see it anyway...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiHikari View Post
Why can't Ranka go find her true aspirations in life and move on?
How do you know thats not exactly what going to happen...You never know.
Old 2008-08-18, 23:44   Link #1265
solothurn
銀河妖精親衛隊・隊長

We can never really know what crazy ideas Kawamori has in his head. It could really go either way at this point, IMO. He could make it so that Ranka thinks she was rejected, grows up and faces the music, but in the end, Alto chooses her because of that.

Or maybe Klan gets into a macronization accident, turns into a Protodevlin, taps into the Ide, destroys the entire universe and we get floating human souls to be reborn in the end.

I dunno. Only way to find out is to sit and wait.
Old 2008-08-18, 23:50   Link #1266
aneeshadc

Quote:
We can never really know what crazy ideas Kawamori has in his head. It could really go either way at this point, IMO. He could make it so that Ranka thinks she was rejected, grows up and faces the music, but in the end, Alto chooses her because of that.

Or maybe Klan gets into a macronization accident, turns into a Protodevlin, taps into the Ide, destroys the entire universe and we get floating human souls to be reborn in the end.

I dunno. Only way to find out is to sit and wait.
I agree with that( Your 1st idea, i mean) . Thats the only way I can see sheryl losing the LT. Its a definite possibility... sad one though, While I like Ranka, I still feel Sheryl & Alto just fit much better.
Old 2008-08-18, 23:51   Link #1267
aneeshadc

Also afraid for Michael & Klan, can see one of them dying! Please prove me wrong!
Old 2008-08-19, 00:37   Link #1268
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teletha View Post
We need less trolls, more Sheryl

Oh, very cute. So, that would be fourteen year old Sheryl, I guess?
Old 2008-08-19, 01:13   Link #1269
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
From a writer's standpoint, I have a bit of a problem with this line of thinking. Only because of Sheryl's circumstances. She has no family, she has no real friends, her manager tried to kill her and abandoned her for another rising star. The only person who's treated her like a true human being has been Alto. Michael and Klan Klan are starting to see her as a human being, but Alto was by far the first. Just having her smile and walk away, to where exactly? That ending doesn't fit.

Is she going to wander the galaxy following in Basara's footsteps?

I don't see it. Not for one second.
Old 2008-08-19, 01:34   Link #1270
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teletha View Post
We need less trolls, more Sheryl

These are gorgeous illustrations! I love them!

So, is this what Sheryl will look like once she's been transfused with Ranka's life saving Loli-Vajra blood?

>>ducking now...<<
Old 2008-08-19, 01:44   Link #1271
justinstrife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mughi View Post

So, is this what Sheryl will look like once she's been transfused with Ranka's life saving Loli-Vajra blood?

>>ducking now...<<
Alto will finally know what Michael is going through....

-ducks too-
Old 2008-08-19, 01:45   Link #1272
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
From a writer's standpoint, I have a bit of a problem with this line of thinking. Only because of Sheryl's circumstances. She has no family, she has no real friends, her manager tried to kill her and abandoned her for another rising star. The only person who's treated her like a true human being has been Alto. Michael and Klan Klan are starting to see her as a human being, but Alto was by far the first. Just having her smile and walk away, to where exactly?
To the afterlife? They could be going for the "it was for only a short while, but I'm glad we met each other" kind of tragic ending.

After all, technically she is doomed, and that a cure exists is pure speculation at this point.

Not that I want to see that - it's overly melodramatic and also it's been done before in Macross (depending on how you view the ending of Zero).
Old 2008-08-19, 01:50   Link #1273
justinstrife

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyph View Post
To the afterlife? They could be going for the "it was for only a short while, but I'm glad we met each other" kind of tragic ending.

After all, technically she is doomed, and that a cure exists is pure speculation at this point.

Not that I want to see that - it's overly melodramatic and also it's been done before in Macross (depending on how you view the ending of Zero).
It's been done in other anime as well. I don't see it happening in this one however.
Old 2008-08-19, 01:52   Link #1274
solothurn
銀河妖精親衛隊・隊長

Quote:

So if Ranka is a Spaniel, Sheryl's breed would be...?

Edit: Though I see Sheryl more as a cat. :P
Old 2008-08-19, 02:01   Link #1275
Teletha

Quote:

>>ducking now...<<
No, that's young innocent Sheryl of course. Don't say that. Please keep her loli cooties away from Sheryl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solothurn
I kind of see that too.
Old 2008-08-19, 02:48   Link #1276
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Wink

Quote:
So if Ranka is a Spaniel, Sheryl's breed would be...?

Alto comes home to Ranka after a hard day of flying:

"DOWN Girl! DOWN! No... Stop licking me! Outside!... Go on!

Alto comes home to Sheryl after a hard day of flying:

"OH! You're STILL here, sitting on that couch?"

Old 2008-08-19, 03:32   Link #1277
solothurn
銀河妖精親衛隊・隊長

Quote:
"DOWN Girl! DOWN! No... Stop licking me! Outside!... Go on!
You mean, stop licking my shoes since Ranka would probably be this little dog that wouldn't reach even a kid's shoulders. :P

Quote:
"OH! You're STILL here, sitting on that couch?"
...For some reason, I can just see that cat responding to this with just a big yawn.

Old 2008-08-19, 03:36   Link #1278
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Quote:
...For some reason, I can just see that cat responding to this with just a big yawn.

"I'M Sheryl Neko!"

Old 2008-08-19, 06:38   Link #1279
Marina Ismail
<3 Sheryl Saotome
*Artist

Or Sheryl body checks Alto for saying that o.0
Old 2008-08-19, 14:58   Link #1280
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
It is quite abnormal for me to love anime character this much. And I watched quite a few, but Sheryl is above them all. If Alto chooses that other girl (can't say her name in respect to Sheryl topic lol) then she is better off alone. That Loli lover doesn't deserve our great Sheryl.

I wonder, if I was in that anime, I would probably be one among those guys chasing Sheryl's panties =)

Tags
characters