AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-12-04, 06:55   Link #1
ZhanDVG
Hail to the Sky~

Research material needed: Japanese high schools

Yeah, I figured, of all the places I know, this would be the best to make such a request.

Sooo, to the point, I need research material on Japanese high schools. (Incase the title was too vague :P) Specifically, I'd like to learn about what the typical yearly schedule looks like (I know the bare-bones facts, years start in May, 3 trimesters seperated by breaks, such-and-such), but I need something a bit more... comprehensive. What days students get off and why, what special events are held (I know of Sports Days and Culture Days, but that's basically the extent of my knowledge on the subjects ;E), and, uh... really, any general info would be greatly welcomed...

Website links, cool; books, even better; posts from personal experience, hey if you wanna go through the trouble for lil' ol' me :P

I don't really have anything to give in exchange for your help... You'll get some good karma points though, always handy to have a few of those lying about...
ZhanDVG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 07:10   Link #2
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Spoiler for A little Google never hurts:
Old 2004-12-04, 08:00   Link #3
ZhanDVG
Hail to the Sky~

Oh, forgot to mention that. I did google before I posted this. I googled for several days infact, but alas, did not find my thirst for knowledge quenched.

Hate to say, but I've read that article already. ;v I will give you, though, that it was one of the more helpful reads, but it didn't have enough on yearly schedules.
ZhanDVG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-05, 02:03   Link #4
山崎明

When I took Elementary school in Japan, we have those daily duty clean ups. When teachers come in to the classroom, you have to bow to your teacher, and then sit down. When it's time to go, everyone stands up to bow to your teacher and say good bye and leave. You have to wear uniforms, and you need to say something like "report" when you come into teacher's office. That's all I remember.
山崎明 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-05, 07:31   Link #5
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
We had something like this in europe
we had groups for the entire week for clean ups (you were assigned to one day of the week) , and also end of the week (entire school clean up), well those were the days

Quote:
Originally Posted by 山崎明
When I took Elementary school in Japan, we have those daily duty clean ups. When teachers come in to the classroom, you have to bow to your teacher, and then sit down. When it's time to go, everyone stands up to bow to your teacher and say good bye and leave. You have to wear uniforms, and you need to say something like "report" when you come into teacher's office. That's all I remember.
Yamano667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-05, 09:45   Link #6
IntrepidAKP
...Woah!

Man, I love the entrance exam part of it. Wish it was like that in America.
IntrepidAKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-05, 17:34   Link #7
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

From what I know about how high School works in Japan, the curricumlum is divided into 3 terms with end of term exams lasting about a week each.

The year starts in April with an exam in July.Summer Break starts after the Exam and last till 1st September where the second term starts.

The end of term exam starts in mid December with a 2 week Winter break that begins with Chirstmas and end a week after New Year, that's where the thrid and final term starts.

The 3rd term starts in January and last till the begining of March where there's another end of term exam.For the final year students, the term is shorter with Uni Entry exam in End Feb.Then there's the 2 week spring break for the 1st and 2nd year Students that last till the first week of April.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote