AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-08-15, 07:40   Link #941
Clarste
Human

Half the story takes place after they fall though. To not even show it at all implies that them falling down is the cliffhanger. Of the episode. The preview's obviously not going to show it, just like it didn't show Yoruko getting stabbed.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 08:36   Link #942
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirX View Post
I'm pointing out Sinon's VA not for that meaning. At this point if the VA for Sinon is only stated to be for the Drama CD only it means that GGO high probability won't get adapted
What? No GGO means no Sinon...that can't be true ;-;....Then there's Mother's Rosario. How will people understand why I cry every time I see this MAD? XP

As for the episode....they do know that they'll only have a few ep slots left for the main story lawl. XD

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 08:43   Link #943
Clarste
Human

Whether or not GGO and the later stories get adapted will probably depend on the sales of this season. What it means is merely that it's not planned yet, not that it'll never happen.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 08:47   Link #944
M1sFyr3
I eat babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
What? No GGO means no Sinon...that can't be true ;-;....Then there's Mother's Rosario. How will people understand why I cry every time I see this MAD? XP

As for the episode....they do know that they'll only have a few ep slots left for the main story lawl. XD
What's a MAD, and o.O there are a lot of videos like it with animated pictures from the light novel.
M1sFyr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 08:52   Link #945
Starlightz

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1sFyr3 View Post
What's a MAD, and o.O there are a lot of videos like it with animated pictures from the light novel.
Off-topic, but Japan MAD movies are somewhat similar to AMV, with the difference that besides movies, MADs can also include photo, picture and any kind of visual media.
Starlightz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 12:02   Link #946
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
I'm not surprised they're showing the dragon, I'm surprised they're showing the dragon at the end of the preview. Based on the other previews, they've always been in chronological order and go up to nearly the end of the episode. This is also how we predicted that episode 5 would be a two parter. If it was covering the entire story surely we'd see at least one image of them trapped in the hole.
Come to think of it...Ep.8 title also fit to be the name of possible second part too.

Last edited by Marina2; 2012-08-15 at 12:34.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 12:42   Link #947
Utsuro no Hako

I just don't see how Warmth of the Heart could justify a two-parter. Not to mention, the main story really needs to kick into gear before the show starts to feel like filler.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 13:11   Link #948
Znail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
I just don't see how Warmth of the Heart could justify a two-parter. Not to mention, the main story really needs to kick into gear before the show starts to feel like filler.
There is also "Sound of Water, Sound of Hammer" and "Cold Hand, Warm Heart" that they may include in those two episodes. Plus they might animate the Laughing Coffin crusade.

The important thing is that the title does not fit in with the main story line as we wont see Kirito use Dual Blades that soon in the main story, but he does show it to Lizbeth at the end of her story.
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 15:30   Link #949
Jinx999

The easiest way to deal with that would be for Asuna to arrive just a bit earlier, just after (or before) she asks the question.
Jinx999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 15:33   Link #950
Znail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx999 View Post
The easiest way to deal with that would be for Asuna to arrive just a bit earlier, just after (or before) she asks the question.
But that wont explain the name of the episode...
Old 2012-08-15, 16:03   Link #951
elior

i think episode 8 will be the coninue of lizbeth and episode 9 will start the main story since the title of episode 9 fit to the main story event
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 16:21   Link #952
M1sFyr3
I eat babies

At this rate all the episodes will be on aincrad and not on the future material/volumes
Old 2012-08-15, 17:10   Link #953
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znail View Post
The important thing is that the title does not fit in with the main story line as we wont see Kirito use Dual Blades that soon in the main story, but he does show it to Lizbeth at the end of her story.
I don't see why they couldn't get to the 74th Boss Fight in episode 8 -- it might be rushed, but it's doable. And that's assuming "white sword" refers to Dark Repulsor and not Lambent Light, in which case the title could just refer to Kirito and Asuna teaming up.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 17:18   Link #954
Xacual

Well based on the episode titles, Blue Eyed Demon should be Gleameyes fight. Crimson Killing Intent should be Heathcliff duel and Kirito joining KoB.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 18:43   Link #955
Divini
Senpai!

Are they splitting the season between SAO and Fairy Dance evenly? If they did, I'm kind of worried about how they will fit the whole main arc + Yui in 5-6 episodes.
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 18:51   Link #956
styr

If anyone is curious about Lisbeth's water mill powered blacksmith which will (hopefully) be featured in the next episode, I found an interesting video about how they operate and the work that goes into maintaining them. The video is a bit long and "Ben's Mill" is a combination of a lumber mill and a blacksmith, but I enjoyed it. A bit of real world science to help explain why Lisbeth wanted that water mill so much...

This isn't a comprehensive video by any means but it does give a bit of insight onto how they work and the complexity of the technology involved. I don't think it is fully explained in Warmth of Heart how water mills help blacksmiths (or other professions) in SAO, but surely it must increase efficiency or production somehow. Perhaps it increases production time and thus allows her to make more weapons? She does mention originally peddling her business from some kind of 'mat' merchants had to lay down with a portable furnace/bloomery, so a water mill must've been a huge upgrade. I wonder if "Ashley's" used a water mill or something along those lines.

Sorry for the 'off-topic' YT embed, but I think it was quite cool to see a bit about real world tech that was imported into a video game. I bet Lisbeth didn't have to do nearly as much maintenance/etc as that old guy did..

Last edited by styr; 2012-08-15 at 19:26.
styr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 18:52   Link #957
Ray
Garnet

Nope. At least that's what I'd like to think, as there's less (arguably) material to cover for Fariy Dance.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 19:12   Link #958
M1sFyr3
I eat babies

They'll have to cut some of the very suggestive or obscene scenes from fairy dance, but considering how kirito needs to go back into real and meet sugu, then go back and see her as lyfa, get ambushed, beat the general, journey the caves, etc etc, it would still need quite a few episodes
Old 2012-08-16, 02:00   Link #959
Divini
Senpai!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1sFyr3 View Post
They'll have to cut some of the very suggestive or obscene scenes from fairy dance, but considering how kirito needs to go back into real and meet sugu, then go back and see her as lyfa, get ambushed, beat the general, journey the caves, etc etc, it would still need quite a few episodes
I think they should keep as much of the 'suggestive' scenes as possible, they would make viewers HATE Sugou by so much more, much like how I felt when I read it for the first time. I'd also like them to keep the scene where he cuts off his hand and stabs his eye straight through his head. Not in like full, gory detail of course, a silhouette or a back-shot is fine. Just because he deserves it that much.

Besides, it's a virtual body anyway. It's all bloodless
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 06:54   Link #960
Znail

I would expect 10 or less episodes for Fairy Dance.