AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-04-09, 12:41   Link #61
raphaël
trainee archangel

Send a message via AIM to raphaël
Thumbs up omg they went quick

I just watched again the first episode, thanks to live-evil. Thank you guys!
The OP is indeed great. But it didn't change my mind on the whole thing. I still think Nana deserved better. Some agree with me, some other don't. It's all a matter of taste.
raphaël is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 12:56   Link #62
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by raphaël
I just watched again the first episode, thanks to live-evil. Thank you guys!
The OP is indeed great. But it didn't change my mind on the whole thing. I still think Nana deserved better. Some agree with me, some other don't. It's all a matter of taste.
I guess you were expecting a distinctive style that you can associate with Nana rather than a classic one-fitting-to-many style. Unfortunately that is not the case. But, I believe, as the story moves on, if the emotions are portrayed successfully in a way to capture more interest, your opninion might change towards the positive direction. We will wait and see for that.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 19:42   Link #63
ragnarokr
The Rare Visitor

Send a message via MSN to ragnarokr
This is promising.
I've seen the first episode and was very nice, it also made me remember of Parakiss. Same author? I should have know.
ragnarokr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 21:24   Link #64
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
I just had a thought...

Is the art school to which Shoji, Junko and Kyosuke go the same Yaza Arts School from Paradise kiss? Seeing how Yazawa seems to write all of her stories in the single, well, "universe", I wouldn't be surpised if it were the same place.

PS: This thought came to me when I saw Kyosuke's Alfa Romeo (and immediately thought back to George's old Jaguar).
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 22:06   Link #65
Amuse
BECK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofusensei
Honestly, I would hold off if I am not familiar with the storyline.

The reason why is that the movie spoil a good deal of the anime's storyline... Though I guess eother way, if you watch the anime it'll spoil the movie...

I guess it depends if you want to be spoiled now or later!

-Tofu
hmm I guess I'll watch the live action movie after I finish the anime..but in Japan, the Live action movie came out before the anime, so probably everybody watched the movie before watching the anime..

Anyways, I just watched the 1st episode and I like it..it kind of reminds me a little of Beck, which is one of my favourite animes.
Amuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 00:13   Link #66
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Contains spoilers for the 1st episode!

Okay, you guys ready for some Lilith babble?

First, some fangirling: OMGGGG!!111!!!1 Nana Anime?!?!11???? wah wah wah ^o^ *ahems* I am so happy about the anime.

The animation is great. It follows 85% Yazawa's style. The chibi (SD) style is funny too, smiliar to Yazawa style (they even kept the sweatdrop's place: middle). The coloring is amazing, I loved Oosaka's make-up, hehe.

The music is awesome. The BGM was fitting, the soft music when they're serious and the noisy one when they're joking around. I loved both the OP and how the ED how it soothly enters. Please inform me, they're by the same people who did the songs in the Movie?

The story is going great so far. It's faithful to the manga, which is fantastic. They even wear the same dress and have the same hairstyle in the manga. I'm glad that they kept the memorable scenes (e.g. the bank road, Komatsu's and Oosaka's handshake).

Overall I'd give it 8/10. Why 8? Because Nana manga is so good that nothing would do justice for it LOL. Also, Oosaka's VA is IMO not suitable. I did get used to it, but I think they could've chose better.

It's a well-done anime-manga adaption and I wouldn't be surprised if it get licesend soon. For me, this is the best adaption next to Honey & Clover. Now those are what I call good (drama) anime!

Thanks for reading. XD;;
Lilith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 03:04   Link #67
igalsfy

i spent the whole episode smiling... i didn't read the manga but was expecting something great after having watched paradise kiss and i'm not dissapointed at all!

waiting for what will happen next in their life with excitement.
igalsfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 03:14   Link #68
musicgal

hih folks, new to animation here,,

so erm what is teh animation about again? can someone give me a gd summary over this? i have nt seen the manga but looking at the reviews, looks like it's pretty gd stuff =)

i keep having the misconception that those girl/guys have the same name, so are they two gd galfriends who share the same room pursueing their dreams for their boyfriends?

or they are a guy and a girl looking out and taking care of his/her/ boyfriend/girlfriend?

the summary in animenfo got me confuse since their names are so similar to each other..

do enlighten me thanks
musicgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 03:37   Link #69
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

The two main character has the same name,the same age,come from the country and going to tokyo for the first time.The cool and gothic one is Nana(the other is Nana too but.....),the second who's her total opposit is called hachi by her friends in the manga.

Hachi followed her boyfriend to tokyo,at least in theory.
For Nana,they didn't say anything in ep 1 so I am sorry but it's a spoiler.

Spoiler:

Last edited by ZeusIrae; 2006-04-10 at 04:47.
ZeusIrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 04:42   Link #70
Simon
気持ち悪い

Reading this thread I feel like I'm the only ignoramus who has neither read the manga nor seen ParaKiss So maybe my expectations weren't as high as other people's, but I thoroughly enjoyed the first episode. This is looking like one of the most engaging stories of the season. I found the art style quite refreshing - someone I know described it as "very 80s", and at the risk of showing my age I'm vaguely reminded of The Ballad of Halo Jones from 2000AD (which is a Good Thing).

Mind you, I knew it was going to be worth a look when I read that Anna Tsuchiya was singing the OP - I thought she was great as biker gal Ichigo in Shimotsuma Monogatari (a wonderful story of girly frocks and friendship, with headbutts). Then again, I'm just a sucker for Japanese rock chicks (which reminds me, I must watch Linda Linda Linda...).

But enough rambling. I'm hooked!
Old 2006-04-10, 07:25   Link #71
mippa
Mahou Shoujo~!

Send a message via AIM to mippa Send a message via MSN to mippa Send a message via Yahoo to mippa
To answer a few questions:

1. No, the singers for the anime are not the same as the singers in the movie. Tsuchiya Anna does NANA in the anime, Nakashima Mika does her in the movie. OLIVIA is Reira in the anime, Ito Yuna is Reira in the movie.

As far as the music goes, am I the only one that finds the movie music (both songs) superior?

And as far as "disappointing animation" goes--again I ask them: "what were you expecting? it's a shoujo slice-of-life drama. there is really no fantasy to animate imaginatively."

Maybe we can hope for some impressive music/concert animations...
mippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 10:09   Link #72
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

Mippa ... i more think it should be "unusual animation" than flat out disappointing
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 10:24   Link #73
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

I didn't Paradise Kiss at all, but I loved Nana, judging only from the first episode... I think it's much much better than ParaKiss in many terms - animation, musical score, voice acting. And it doesn't seem so girl-ish as ParaKiss to me. The best first episode in this season for me.
Quajafrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 10:54   Link #74
Yotsuba
芸術は爆発だ!

I really liked this. It'll tide me over till something else good comes along, I guess!
Yotsuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 11:44   Link #75
SmartChick
Future Billionaire

Send a message via AIM to SmartChick
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
I just had a thought...

Is the art school to which Shoji, Junko and Kyosuke go the same Yaza Arts School from Paradise kiss? Seeing how Yazawa seems to write all of her stories in the single, well, "universe", I wouldn't be surpised if it were the same place.
MrProphet I dont remember them ever referring to going to that same school. In fact, they usually dont say the school name in the manga they call it uni, university and so on but never the name. However, there is a parakiss member who is in the Nana manga a substantial amount of time.
SmartChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 12:29   Link #76
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I think NANA might end up being one of my favorite this season i love the OP theme and the animation is kind of dark which is to my liking i havent read the manga yet but i just ordered it. never got around to seeing the movie either but i heard it was pretty good
Old 2006-04-10, 13:33   Link #77
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Is there a date for the full version (or single) of the opening theme to come out?
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 14:36   Link #78
raphaël
trainee archangel

Send a message via AIM to raphaël
Arrow let it be, let it be, let it be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mippa
To answer a few questions:

1. No, the singers for the anime are not the same as the singers in the movie. Tsuchiya Anna does NANA in the anime, Nakashima Mika does her in the movie. OLIVIA is Reira in the anime, Ito Yuna is Reira in the movie.

As far as the music goes, am I the only one that finds the movie music (both songs) superior?

And as far as "disappointing animation" goes--again I ask them: "what were you expecting? it's a shoujo slice-of-life drama. there is really no fantasy to animate imaginatively."

Maybe we can hope for some impressive music/concert animations...
ahem, i feel like i'm the one aimed at here. lol. Sorry again, you know, there is a french humorist, Pierre Desproges, who said " i hate it when my opinion is shared, because i feel like i only have one half of opinion left"...

But, just as Sazelyt wrote (thanks for your wise answer), it may be too soon to give mine, and that's why i will keep on watching Nana with more pleasure than my previous posts might let think...
raphaël is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 15:25   Link #79
TekNiks
kali mandirigma

It good to see so many people intrested in NANA here. In another forum that I frequent it only me and a few other people that are intrested in it. Anyways it looks like i'v found my place for NANA dissucsion.

Anyways back on topic, I've watched a raw, and live-evils sub, I have to say that the raw that i watched had better pic quality, but live-evil still did a good job with the subs. But i think i'm gonna stick to one of the other groups doing this.
TekNiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 17:55   Link #80
Tofusensei

Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekNiks
It good to see so many people intrested in NANA here. In another forum that I frequent it only me and a few other people that are intrested in it. Anyways it looks like i'v found my place for NANA dissucsion.

Anyways back on topic, I've watched a raw, and live-evils sub, I have to say that the raw that i watched had better pic quality, but live-evil still did a good job with the subs. But i think i'm gonna stick to one of the other groups doing this.
Which raw, if you don't mind me asking? I'd like to see *_*

-Tofu
Tofusensei is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, romance