Notices

Old 2006-07-31, 17:57   Link #1021
Paper Lilies

Send a message via AIM to Paper Lilies
Okay. Two questions.

Are

and

The same girl?

If so, what anime/manga/game is she from?
Paper Lilies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-31, 18:27   Link #1022
Neaco
*Graphic Designer

Hi, can anyone help me identify this character and the series/show if any, she's from?

Was cleaning out some old folders and found it. Would love to know. thanks^^
Neaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-31, 22:54   Link #1023
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper Lilies
If so, what anime/manga/game is she from?
She's Shirakawa Hotaru from Memories off 2nd.
http://community.webshots.com/album/547681890hnoUAi/2

A game by KID.
http://www.kid-game.co.jp/kid/game/g...off/index.html
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-01, 01:31   Link #1024
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
i saw this pic awhile ago and was wondering does anyone know what anime it is from?

-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-01, 01:39   Link #1025
Paper Lilies

Send a message via AIM to Paper Lilies
Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA-
i saw this pic awhile ago and was wondering does anyone know what anime it is from?

That's Rakka from Haibane Renmei. That scene is one of the goriest in the series.

But really. Watch it. It's good.
Paper Lilies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-01, 01:48   Link #1026
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper Lilies
That's Rakka from Haibane Renmei. That scene is one of the goriest in the series.

But really. Watch it. It's good.
hmm now that i see the animnfo review im wondering isnt that show directed by the same guy that directed Lain
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-01, 03:25   Link #1027
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA-
hmm now that i see the animnfo review im wondering isnt that show directed by the same guy that directed Lain
Yes, they are both directed by Tomokazu Tokoro who also directed NeiA_7. I would be remiss if I didn't point out that Serial Experiments Lain, Haibane Renmei and NeiA_7 were all created by the same writer also: Yoshitoshi ABe.

Tomokazu Tokoro and Yoshitoshi ABe teamup for t3h Win!

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-01, 13:56   Link #1028
Methen

Looking for Anime Giantess series

I am trying to get the name of a Anime I seen a long time ago
It involved a Anime Giantess that was in Handcups and bound
and was set lose by a small guy when she walked she swinged
her Hips back and forth a whole lot and there was a scene
where she caught a ship that was falling.
Methen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 09:34   Link #1029
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Wolf-Girl Series Name Question

What is the name of that recent new series in which two of the leads are sweet, cute huggable girls with grey wolf-like ears and tails? I really don't want to miss out on this one!! Pleae help!!
Ronin Aquila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 09:38   Link #1030
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Utawarerumono?

Also, there's an anime identification sticky thread on the top of this subforum.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 11:28   Link #1031
serasvictoria

can someone help me? these anime looks so familar but i cant remember any names. :P

pic 1
pic 2
pic 3

the last pic is old school :P
serasvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 12:03   Link #1032
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by serasvictoria
can someone help me? these anime looks so familar but i cant remember any names. :P

pic 1

I think this one is from Bleach.

Pic # 3 somehow reminds me of Saint Seiya, but nah..... I dont think it's actually that show.
Old 2006-08-03, 12:55   Link #1033
Illumina

here is my post on ann, no1 responded so i'll try here:

wasti_ec wrote:
My brother and i were arguing lately about anime and we remembered a old mecha one, wichs name we do not remember anymore... like i said, itīs about mechas and like almost allways: in another planet.
The mecha was suposly stolen by a kid (principal character) who also happens to posses a very special sword. The comand cabin was on the chest of the mecha, it was like a bubble that could absorb the pilot and once inside he just had to put his hands in another small bubbles (same efect) to operete it. Got some clue? if u do then please tell us! thnx for the help!

PS: the sword and also the mecha evolved after some time if this helps in something....

I am also looking for an anime that fits this description if anyone knows. I also remember that one of the main character's friend betrayed him for some reason. There was also a small girl who would pull out all kinds of stuff from her back. Some specific scenes i remember is that the main character is walking in some river of the dead type of place, and it is said if he turns around, he will turn into stone, and there are many other stone statues of people in the river, and after he completed it, his "mecha" upgraded or something. I think the mecha had a dragon theme to it too. There is also a scene where there is a villain who morphed into one of the good guys, and one of the character said whoever have a wound on their arm or leg, couldnt remember, is the real one. Then the villain morphed the wound, but turns out it was a trick and the real guy's wound already healed. I thought that was really smart when i was a kid so i always rememberd it.

There is a second anime which i need identification, and its from the same timeframe as the first one, other anime of the time include saint seiya,earliest sailor moon, tekkaman blade. In this one, all the character travels by flying on this thing that can also seperate to form armors and weapons for the user. Most of the battles are aerial i think. At the end, it was in some type of lair the main character's friends sacrificed themselves one by one in order for him to get to the final bad guy, and when fightning the bad guy, the main guy defeated him by the spiritual help of one of the badguy's henchmen who was good just misguided and died earlier. And then in the end when he was walking out, he saw most of his friends were still alive, just badly wounded, so a happy ending.

Thanks to anyone to can help.
Illumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 13:19   Link #1034
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illumina
here is my post on ann, no1 responded so i'll try here:

wasti_ec wrote:
My brother and i were arguing lately about anime and we remembered a old mecha one, wichs name we do not remember anymore... like i said, itīs about mechas and like almost allways: in another planet.
The mecha was suposly stolen by a kid (principal character) who also happens to posses a very special sword. The comand cabin was on the chest of the mecha, it was like a bubble that could absorb the pilot and once inside he just had to put his hands in another small bubbles (same efect) to operete it. Got some clue? if u do then please tell us! thnx for the help!

PS: the sword and also the mecha evolved after some time if this helps in something....

I am also looking for an anime that fits this description if anyone knows. I also remember that one of the main character's friend betrayed him for some reason. There was also a small girl who would pull out all kinds of stuff from her back. Some specific scenes i remember is that the main character is walking in some river of the dead type of place, and it is said if he turns around, he will turn into stone, and there are many other stone statues of people in the river, and after he completed it, his "mecha" upgraded or something. I think the mecha had a dragon theme to it too. There is also a scene where there is a villain who morphed into one of the good guys, and one of the character said whoever have a wound on their arm or leg, couldnt remember, is the real one. Then the villain morphed the wound, but turns out it was a trick and the real guy's wound already healed. I thought that was really smart when i was a kid so i always rememberd it.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...597#post528597

You are thinking of 魔神英雄傳 (Mashin Eiyuden Wataru). Yes? No?
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 13:47   Link #1035
Illumina

yea, that is exactly the one, thank you VERY much. i watched it in china too haha.

now if any know the other one
Illumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 17:36   Link #1036
chrisl456

Anyone ever heard of "Girls the Gathering"? I stumbled on it over at e2046.com (while drooling over this ) . I googled for it and found http://www.girls-the-gathering.net/, but the site is down. I did some digging (Google cache, whois, etc.) but only figured out that it is associated with "HobbyJAPAN". I can't read Japanese, so that's about as far as I got.

Anyone know what it is? Game / anime / manga? Something else?
chrisl456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 18:35   Link #1037
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by serasvictoria

pic 1
pic 2
pic 3

Picture 1 looks like Bleach as someone mentioned.
Picture 2 is most definatly Tsubasa Chronicle, probably from episode 35 (Season 2, ep9)
Old 2006-08-04, 02:47   Link #1038
serasvictoria

Thanks for the fast reply & your help :P Daniel E. & jpwong.
serasvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-05, 13:10   Link #1039
Demosthenes65

Help me recognize that poster?

Hello! about a year ago I bought this poster-

isn't she cute? I named her Harmony.
anyway, I would really like to know where is she from.
to me it looks like some kind of magic anime.
I'd really appreciate some help - if anyone has any clue...
I also know (I think) that the chinese writing above the poster is the serial number that is in English at the bottom. but then again... you would know better...

Domo arigatou...

*edit*

Wanderstar from HongFire knew where is it from! XD

"It's from an art book, not any anime or game. I dont know the accurate english translation for the name, so i will just try to spell its pronunciation. The name of the art book is "Ten kyo ki tan" or "天球绮谭" in Chinese characters, and the artist is "Yuu Shiina" or "椎名優". Here are the cover of the book and exactly the page showing this cute girl~"

ty very much everyone for the help! XD

Last edited by Demosthenes65; 2006-08-06 at 02:16.
Demosthenes65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-09, 03:08   Link #1040
Benawi

I need help to identify three anime. One of them is about tiny robots that plays sports I think. The main robot plays baseball.

The second anime I'm Not even sure about. I only watched it for one day back in china. It was something about red robots that are bad and a mystery white robot that helps the main character and destroy the red robots.

THe third one is about some people that can turn into robots, similar to Guyver.
ANy help would be appreciated.

Last edited by Benawi; 2006-08-09 at 03:19.
Benawi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#unknown, anime, anime figure, comedy, ecchi., fantasy, find, game, gender bender, heroes, higurashi, identification, manga, movies, quotes, search, secret, tv shows, visual novel