AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2006-08-21, 15:45   Link #221
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganeShounen
QuickEDIT: I almost cried when I saw this. (Thanks to kwok for the bit of news.)

Da Capo II Manga Underway?
I figured that's what they were saying there in Comptiq... Not surprising in the least, considering how unbelieveably well the manga sold (500,000 copies/volume?!). And, for what it's worth, the poll in Dengeki G's has Yume in the lead, followed by Nanaka and Otome! We'll see what Comptiq's poll shows. Here's to hoping the Cherish artist team comes back - I love their rendition of Circus's art style.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 22:07   Link #222
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Heh, the past ToHeart manga's worked out pretty well, so i'm looking forward to seeing this in action.

Manga before the anime.. liking the sound of that. :3
Old 2006-08-30, 09:17   Link #223
MeganeShounen
Huh?

It's rather late to ask this , since the thread has fallen into disuse, but I had a question to the players about a single thing.

Question: Where did Nanaka exactly sing "Mabushikute Mienai"? During the band practices or the radio concert? Or some other place?
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-30, 14:21   Link #224
DanielSong39

Don't worry about the game being forgotten; it will come back to life once the anime conversion comes out.

I would be stunned if an anime wasn't released within 1.5 years.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-30, 18:52   Link #225
radister
Back and Alive! i think!?

well after moths of thinking about it, i final decided to order da capo 2 the other day, it should be here in a few days..
really looking forward to it
radister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 01:19   Link #226
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Okay, a question for those who've played the game. Finally finished Yume's scenario, but I'm a bit confused by the epilogue...

Spoiler for Yume's end-game epilogue - MASSIVE SPOILERS!:
That being said, epilogue aside (though I want to know the correct interpretation), Yume's scenario is absolutely amazing. Wow. I think that even those who didn't like Nemu will find a lot to like about Yume (as long as they can accept some similarities too).

On the whole, my impression of the game as I continue to work my way through it is that it's much tighter/more well-composed than the original D.C. by a long shot. The way scenarios interconnect and play off of each other is really well done and interesting. (For example, the way Koko and Anzu's plots make reference to the play, etc.) Plus, I can see how the plots for the other characters that didn't make the cut for this version of the game will be easily squeezed in without seeming tacked on (the power of planning). All in all, I remain impressed that the sequel lived up to the original.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2006-09-05 at 01:51. Reason: more pieces to the puzzle?
Old 2006-09-05, 07:59   Link #227
cyw1988
Japaholic

Send a message via MSN to cyw1988
Spoiler:

Overall I thought D.C. II was pretty alright. Storywise its pretty interesting. Not to mention, everything will start flowing into place once u complete the entire game and unlock sakura's story(yes u didn't hear wrong there is a sakura route as well except no h scenes but it wldn't really matter wld it?) so for those of you still lost dun worry, most of the stuff will be explained in sakura's story.

Last but not least, I thought Otome's storyline was the most engaging and should be made into the main storyline for the anime(if D.C.II is ever gonna get animated). But nonetheless, I bet the kotori/nanaka fans will make their voices heard when the anime releases hehehehe

Last edited by cyw1988; 2006-09-05 at 08:15.
cyw1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 12:58   Link #228
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyw1988
Spoiler:
Thanks! I see... another question, then:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-09-05, 13:23   Link #229
DanielSong39

Not sure which path the anime will take, but if Yoshiyuki goes the siscon route, I want to see a Otome vs. Yume bloodbath - one that will put the Nemu-Sakura feud to shame. If we see the Nanaka route, Koko is her natural foil.

Still see this as a four-way race though I'd make Yume the favorite at this point. Don't think we're going to see an upset of SHUFFLE! proportions.
Old 2006-09-05, 13:59   Link #230
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39
Not sure which path the anime will take, but if Yoshiyuki goes the siscon route, I want to see a Otome vs. Yume bloodbath - one that will put the Nemu-Sakura feud to shame. If we see the Nanaka route, Koko is her natural foil.

Still see this as a four-way race though I'd make Yume the favorite at this point. Don't think we're going to see an upset of SHUFFLE! proportions.
More odds-taking and fanboy-mongering from you, I see. This isn't a "war", you know... I just hope all the characters get a representation that's relatively faithful to the game (in spite of the fact that the plots will be blended even further), without either over-playing or under-playing key parts. Then, I'd be happy no matter how Yoshiyuki's love story ends.
Old 2006-09-05, 15:01   Link #231
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Yume's Nemu done right. She's herself and while she has some similarities, she takes them to the point of being cute and moé, not to the point of being impossible to tolerate.

Not gonna read your spoilers tho, for now at least.
Old 2006-09-05, 15:58   Link #232
DanielSong39

Oh, why not. I'll go ahead and make odds for this show as well, in case it becomes animated. This is just for fun - no gambling, please.

Yume 1-2
Otome 3-1
Nanaka 15-1
Koko 40-1
Anzu 100-1
Minatsu 100-1
Old 2006-09-05, 21:49   Link #233
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Since no one (including bluemist himself) has posted about it...

Bluemist's Take on Yukimura Anzu

bluemist, you are one great godsend to people who couldn't even read the dialogue, or even get the game. (Like me. )

Oh, and main focus or not, Nanaka still looks awesome in that ski suit of hers.
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-06, 05:20   Link #234
bluemist
i am the mist

Thanks for reading, sorry it took so long. I can't promise to do the others faster but for sure I'll finish it even before the anime arrives (lol I have much time now hehe)

In any case, the ski trip was awesome! I'm glad I'll go through it again with Minatsu. But she seems like a chore (don't like robots) compared to my high anticipation for Otome and Yume (and Sakura). I hope not.
Old 2006-09-06, 05:34   Link #235
cyw1988
Japaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
Thanks! I see... another question, then:
Spoiler:
Your Qn about why yoshiyuki will be back will most probably be answered in sakura's scenario(which i should not spoil you on). And yes, You're right, yume's power is just merely able to dream about the future(no alterations to real life). So the reason why Yoshiyuki is back well, lets just say it is the power of love... lol(sounds cliche... I know :/)

Hey bluemist as in bluemist@animeblogger?? Remember me? I am Scramble@animeblogger... lol... hehe... Haven visited ur blog in a while will go once my mid sems are over....

About whose story is gonna be animated?? Lets just say I am more of an Otome fan. Go Otome Go!!
Old 2006-09-06, 20:46   Link #236
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Hmm... just finished Otome's scenario and in a lot of ways, it played out as almost an opposite to Yume's scenario. It also has a lot of essential ingredients in terms of piecing together the story. (Which is actually one of the best parts of the game, I think, even as I continue to get closer to the D.C. scenario.)

Spoiler for Otome & Yume Scenario End Spoilers:
In terms of general impressions, it'd be of course quite apt to say that Otome and Yume are very much an "older sister"/"younger sister" contrast. That means that Otome inherited a lot of that "older sister bossiness" that you'd expect - she's a bit overprotective, and her most commonly-used phrase would have to be "dame-dame!", and all in all, she's just like an older sister looking out for a younger sibling. It also means that the other girls who have an eye on Yoshiyuki know to look out. Actually, in terms of comparison, Otome reminds me a lot of Mahoro (she even gives you the "dirty magazines" lecture, though without the catchphrase of course).

My favourite non-spoiler scene in her path has to be one day when she comes to get Yoshiyuki for lunch (as usual) only to have the class president remind Yoshiyuki that his slacking off has resulted in a sizeable to-do list, so he can't go for lunch. This has Otome all fuming, as she announces to everyone that (more or less) she's going to eat Yoshiyuki's share and she's going to enjoy eating it!... as she storms out the door. As they walk home that night, Otome's still fuming about it and, out of blue, Yoshiyuki pulls out the ultimate trump card: "Otome... I love you." Watching Otome just crumble by that critical hit was priceless. Needless to say, she forgave him for the earlier transgression. I also enjoyed Yoshiyuki's efforts to try to get Otome to give him a "good morning kiss", and Otome's reaction when she finally did.

As for which path they should animate? Hmm... have to get back to you on that.
Old 2006-09-07, 01:47   Link #237
cyw1988
Japaholic

My feelings and some added pointers.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-09-07, 12:18   Link #238
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-09-07, 23:09   Link #239
cyw1988
Japaholic

Oh ya did i mention that the songs in D.C.II are so damn awesome? haha the Vocal Album is a must have. Love all the songs especially the second op(especially), the climax song(time will shine) and Otome and Yume EDs(If...I Wish)!!
Old 2006-09-08, 02:11   Link #240
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Oh ya did i mention that the songs in D.C.II are so damn awesome? haha the Vocal Album is a must have. Love all the songs especially the second op(especially), the climax song(time will shine) and Otome and Yume EDs(If...I Wish)!!
Yes! I totally agree! Actually, I just got the OST in the mail today as well. Definitely good stuff. I liked how part of the OST itself was a remix of the D.C. OST - oh the luxuries the "Da Capo" concept comfortably affords! And as you pointed out, those vocal songs were all great as well. I liked how the game had different OPs to signify the beginning of each "act" of the story, and as you said, the character-specific EDs were great. I have to say, though, that my favourite song is still "Spring has come", the final ED - it reminds me a lot of the D.C.S.S. ED (unsurprisingly) and is just very much a "D.C." type song.

Attention thread lurkers: we know you're out there - don't be shy!

Tags
bishoujo, circus, drama, ero-game, eroge, game, games, romance, school life, seinen, visual novel