AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2007-09-14, 04:07   Link #21
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

You are partly mistaken get fresh, not everyone thinks like that.
I do not do things to show off to others or try to get their attention or try to be better than them.

however, you are also partly right. last few releases of ours have been real bad. lately, its been a revolving door of people joining and leaving, it seems they are all looking to be attention queens. I rarely use mIRC and lately when I visit other peoples channels no one is friendly.

But what do you expect? just like in real life, you have to build a relationship with others, it's not something that should be taken for granted.

If you plan to start a wiki, gary, then take care of it. making a web page then abandoning it is worse than not making it in the first place. Too many little kids take one HTML class then think they're going to revolutionize the internet.
They are annoying. and it is very hard to annoy me.

since everyone is bashing on speed subbing, why don't you add a 'release time' column. you cant expect a fansub that was done in three days to be the same quality as one episode that another group worked on for three months, now should you?
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-14, 12:49   Link #22
dj_tjerk
Ana-chan~

Quote:
since everyone is bashing on speed subbing, why don't you add a 'release time' column. you cant expect a fansub that was done in three days to be the same quality as one episode that another group worked on for three months, now should you?
*has flashback to 101 Typesetting topic and foresees the future*

anyway.. I like the initiative of Yet Another Fansub Comparison Site, but honestly I don't see the use. There's already ultracarls and vivi-boiis which are just fine for comparing typesetting.. (guess I'm repeating someone's words here)
dj_tjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-16, 17:54   Link #23
Garylisk
Baka Neko!
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Garylisk Send a message via AIM to Garylisk Send a message via MSN to Garylisk Send a message via Yahoo to Garylisk
For some reason, the URL http://subcompare.fotsubs.net is not working, it keeps giving Forbidden errors. Dunno why, I'll try to figure it out.

http://www.fotsubs.net/wiki works.
Garylisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 19:47   Link #24
Garylisk
Baka Neko!
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Garylisk Send a message via AIM to Garylisk Send a message via MSN to Garylisk Send a message via Yahoo to Garylisk
For those who were curious or interested in helping, here's a little update on the wiki.

It's going to be moving, and it's hopefully going to gain a lot of content soon just to get things rolling. Its new home can not yet be announced, but it should make things a lot more manageable, plus it will be on a more visited and known website.
Garylisk is offline   Reply With Quote