AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2012-01-31, 04:22   Link #601
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

Spoiler for EEhhh!?:

D-Different artist? This doesn't look like the current Hitomaru that I know of. Feels like a downgrade ;_;
Zetsuen_no_Myuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 13:23   Link #602
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Remember that the "original cover" of Seinarukana had a very different art style as well.
Old 2012-01-31, 15:01   Link #603
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Wait, why would people be bothered by +18 content if it's a normal H scene where both characters are willing? (unless you are minor of course... but even that hardly stops people) As far as I heard there is no rape in the game... right? ^^'

Anyway, I really hope the English release is done by the end of this year.
Old 2012-01-31, 16:38   Link #604
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Remember that the "original cover" of Seinarukana had a very different art style as well.
Spoiler for Normal edition:

Spoiler for Special edition:

True. The normal and special cover does have a different art style between them. Hitomaru did the normal cover, and if I'm not mistaken, he also did the cover for the special (looks like it's his style enough). Sadly, the special cover for the PSP here doesn't seem to have traces of his art style, so I think it's a different artist.
Old 2012-01-31, 16:41   Link #605
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
Wait, why would people be bothered by +18 content if it's a normal H scene where both characters are willing? (unless you are minor of course... but even that hardly stops people) As far as I heard there is no rape in the game... right? ^^'
Because I feel it's cheap and adds nothing to the game as well? Considering what I read above, this seems to be the case, that's why I think I'll go for the PSP version.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 22:23   Link #606
deathcoy

Haha, well to each his/her own. I have a friend that doesnt like H in his stuff too.

Anyways, anyone know eta for Seinarukana release by Jast(PC version) and the PSP version? In a dilemma which version should i get >.> PSP exclusive content is tempting but i prefer vanilla build in PC(Its just me, i like originals)...

I hope some fans do a special plot port frm PSP to PC or the company releases a PC version with the PSP exclusives, like in Eien no Aselia - Kono Daichi no Hate De...
deathcoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 05:52   Link #607
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Look, I normally find the H-content in a lot of games bad. But frankly, I thought what was present in Seinarukana was tastefully done, consensual and endearing to the females. It wasn't degrading or stupid at all. I thought the scenes in Katima's route were very beautiful, Nozomi's was a bit spicy (surprising considering she's normally a quiet character), Ruputna's were a bit daring, the Jatzieta special was hilarious. Was it necessary? Perhaps not. Did it add a bit extra to the whole experience? For me it did.

Could you at least acutally play a route in full before you decide to slam what you haven't seen? Pre-conceived judgements aren't exactly what you should be having when you try something for the first time. Make up your own mind, don't let other people decide for you. The only real negative I took out of Seinarukana was that Subaru is the most useless character I've ever encountered in that style of game. He utterly sucks!

As for the English version of Seinarukana, late 2012 is what I've been told since Eien no Aselia is just newly available. And I'm PCing, from choice and because I despise Sony and its platforms full stop.
Old 2012-02-01, 12:25   Link #608
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcoy View Post
Anyways, anyone know eta for Seinarukana release by Jast(PC version) and the PSP version? In a dilemma which version should i get >.> PSP exclusive content is tempting but i prefer vanilla build in PC(Its just me, i like originals)...

I hope some fans do a special plot port frm PSP to PC or the company releases a PC version with the PSP exclusives, like in Eien no Aselia - Kono Daichi no Hate De...
Dilemma-wise, the PSP for the improved scenario. Otherwise, both. ^^

JAST hasn't shed much on the release date, so it's still TBA. At the rate the translation is being done by Dakkodango, I can't see any earlier than late quarter of 2012. For the PSP, the date is still set to 4/19/12, unlike Aselia PSP, which got pushed back to 3/8/12.

Far as I know, the LE of the PSP port only comes with a booklet and soundtrack. No PC version bonus or port like they did with the LE for the PC.
Old 2012-02-01, 12:29   Link #609
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

There is no actual guarantee that additional content is an "improvement". Since they are literally filling content they had to remove, there is absolutely nothing that can assure you they won't put silly stuff instead (for instance, Tomoyo After ero scenes were changed into... cosplay, and it isn't the only eroge having such treatment).

To begin with, I don't get the assumption that "all ages" are superior due to that kind of content when it isn't even out yet. I might understand once it is confirmed somehow, but if it isn't: using CTRL on a ero scene or a filler-type all age content is the same deal to me.
Old 2012-02-01, 13:46   Link #610
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

Improved scenario, in the sense that certain scenes or bits of the story/lines has been alter and improved on. That isn't related to the changes made to fill in the h-scenes for an all ages transition, no? Though even aside from the h-scenes, censorship and toning down controversial words/content (rape, and even words like lolicon) isn't uncommon for console ports, being for non-niche and younger audience and all.

If it was simply an all ages port that didn't promise improved scenario, I'd definitely think it's better to go with the PC, even if the PSP port has more CGs and new recording. It's the opposite of Realta Nua, which had a number of new and better things, but no mention of the scenario being improved on.
Old 2012-02-01, 14:11   Link #611
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post

Could you at least acutally play a route in full before you decide to slam what you haven't seen? Pre-conceived judgements aren't exactly what you should be having when you try something for the first time.
Notice that I'm not talking about the quality of the game at all. However, it's my policy to not play visual novels/games without the ability to filter the 18+ content, so again, chances are I'll go for the PSP version.
However, the visual novel is just a part of the package. Aselia's game component had some issues, especially near the end of the game. Is something changed in this game (I'm referring mainly to stuff like the skills and the likes) for the better?

Quote:
To begin with, I don't get the assumption that "all ages" are superior due to that kind of content when it isn't even out yet. I might understand once it is confirmed somehow, but if it isn't: using CTRL on a ero scene or a filler-type all age content is the same deal to me.
In case for example of Tears to Tiara I'd say the PS3 version is clearly superior to the original game (and it also got the semi-spinoff Gaiden, too bad that one wasn't particularly good). For me it's "superior" in the sense I can play it.
Old 2012-02-01, 14:17   Link #612
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Aselia View Post
Improved scenario, in the sense that certain scenes or bits of the story/lines has been alter and improved on. That isn't related to the changes made to fill in the h-scenes for an all ages transition, no? Though even aside from the h-scenes, censorship and toning down controversial words/content (rape, and even words like lolicon) isn't uncommon for console ports, being for non-niche and younger audience and all.

If it was simply an all ages port that didn't promise improved scenario, I'd definitely think it's better to go with the PC, even if the PSP port has more CGs and new recording. It's the opposite of Realta Nua, which had a number of new and better things, but no mention of the scenario being improved on.
The problem is that: we have no evidence about the said "improvement". Of course, you better brand your port as "improved" so even those who bought the original game would be tempted to buy the console port. That said, I always take a huge grain of salt with companies claiming they are improving their scenarios in the middle of a port, as there is no guarantee it will be an absolute improvement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
In case for example of Tears to Tiara I'd say the PS3 version is clearly superior to the original game (and it also got the semi-spinoff Gaiden, too bad that one wasn't particularly good). For me it's "superior" in the sense I can play it.
Using Tears to Tiara is a very bad example: it isn't even a simple port, it is a major overhaul, a remake.
It is really not your usual PC eroge => console ADV process.

The likes of TtT, White Album etc are by no means the norm. I really don't get how you can use this title as an example.
Old 2012-02-01, 14:40   Link #613
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Using Tears to Tiara is a very bad example: it isn't even a simple port, it is a major overhaul, a remake.
It is really not your usual PC eroge => console ADV process.
The likes of TtT, White Album etc are by no means the norm. I really don't get how you can use this title as an example.
I simply chose an example (I didn't say it was the norm) in which the result was much better than the original. Then I added that for me (I tend to stress this) console ports are "superior" since I can actually go and play VNs that I'd have skipped otherwise. This is the same as Seinarukana for me, with the PSP port.
Old 2012-02-01, 14:54   Link #614
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
I simply chose an example (I didn't say it was the norm) in which the result was much better than the original. Then I added that for me (I tend to stress this) console ports are "superior" since I can actually go and play VNs that I'd have skipped otherwise. This is the same as Seinarukana for me, with the PSP port.
What Klash was trying to say, was that this specific example doesn't work, because the situations aren't comparable. TtT PS3 version is a remake, with everything that entails. A complete overhaul. Seinarukana PC to PSP port is not a remake, it's just that - a direct port from one system to the other. There isn't much of a basis for comparison between the two actions, as both are fairly different animals. Obviously one should choose the version he wishes to play, but that's besides the point that this specific comparison can't really be made.
Old 2012-02-01, 15:10   Link #615
xizro345
King's Justice

I'm not really trying to argue which is best or if the ports are really worth the money. Again, I'd take, to make an example, a Realta Nua everyday over the original F/SN. It may be a useless port or a quick cash-in, but it's still good for me.
Then again, can someone reply to the questions I made about the battle system? 8P
Aselia's limitations really hit the top in the final area with all the going back and forth to kill bosses and popping enemies while moving around, so I'd really like to know if Seinarukana suffers from the same issues. More specifically the skill system was something I really didn't like, not because of the limitation but because the game made zero efforts to tell the player the allotted number ran out, among other things.
Old 2012-02-01, 15:25   Link #616
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Aselia's limitations really hit the top in the final area with all the going back and forth to kill bosses and popping enemies while moving around, so I'd really like to know if Seinarukana suffers from the same issues. More specifically the skill system was something I really didn't like, not because of the limitation but because the game made zero efforts to tell the player the allotted number ran out, among other things.
Seinarukana indeed tends to have enemies spawning "behind" you at times, or a new "goal" popping up when you complete the previous one. I wouldn't really call these "issues" though, that's where the difficulty comes from if you wish to compete for high mission rankings (the rewards are often very well worth it). If one doesn't care about the rankings and the skills they provide, all these extra spawns can be often ignored. Forcing you to efficiently split your forces in order to timely achieve all the objectives is how this game increases difficulty.

The skill system is still here, but less annoying than in Aselia (Having played Seinarukana first, I found Aselia's approach to be irritating at times). One major improvement is that the max number of uses is notably higher in general. There are still some very powerful skills that have a low number of uses (especially some support skills like final velocity, but then again there is a good reason for that), but nothing as limiting as the 5 or 3 usage skills in Aselia. Most attack/defense skill usage hovers in the 1x regions, while some go in to twenties.

The tradeoff, if you can call it that, is that you no longer regenerate all uses at once while sitting in a town. Rather, each turn skipped in a town will regenerate 2 uses across all your skills. I actually found this a pretty good approach, as it occasionally forced me to plan my skill usage tactically for the best possible results. Most of the time it wasn't much of a limiting factor though, as I found myself occasionally skipping a turn or two in a town anyway in order to heal up.

I don't quite remember how the display was in Aselia, but you can see the remaining skill use (of the "equipped" skill) for each party member on the tactical map. Which is to say, you are in no real danger of missing the fact you are getting low on uses.
Old 2012-02-01, 15:49   Link #617
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

Quote:
The problem is that: we have no evidence about the said "improvement". Of course, you better brand your port as "improved" so even those who bought the original game would be tempted to buy the console port. That said, I always take a huge grain of salt with companies claiming they are improving their scenarios in the middle of a port, as there is no guarantee it will be an absolute improvement.
Reasonably true enough.

Quote:
That annoying final map in Aselia was something that was added in the PS2 port since the original/expansion didn't have it. The Special Edition (should had release this instead, JAST), which combined 3 different editions, one being the PS2 port, doesn't have it due to complaints. Anyways, Seinarukana's final map is nothing like that annoying one in the PS2 port, so you don't have to worry there.

The gameplay is better in the second game. New attributes and passive skills on top of minor changes to how battles are done. The most notable difference is that you can switch around the positions (between attacker, defender, supporter) of a unit during battle. For All-Rounders, you can switch between skills during battle, so you have 9 different skills to plan out and use.

Are you talking about the number of skill usage? They did show the number of skills usage left and its max in EnA. It's the same for Seinarukana.
Old 2012-02-01, 23:43   Link #618
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

The battle system in Seinarukana was a huge drawcard for me. I liked how there wasn't a single dominant colour which was a major sticking point in Eien no Aselia. That you were required to create teams with a variety of moves and combos to counter whatever enemies you faced and that each route presented unique missions with completely different challenges (Katima's requiring delicate and well-timed maintenance of three different areas of the map, Ruputna's requiring an all-out blitz with next to no time to recover, Satsuki's being deceptive by making you thing it's a quick finish when it's anything but) and how different colours/characters change in strength during different points of a playthrough as well as different difficulty modes. (Aka not every strategy for a certain mission that worked in Normal Mode will work in Hard or Very Hard). And as others said, during a battle you are required/allowed to change the slot a character is in, but also, at some point during the mission if several teams/characters are at the same node and you want to change some characters to different teams, you can. The mana management and time management were also traits I wasn't used to seeing. It's a good system and if it had the flaws Eien no Aselia had, I wouldn't have persisted with it. If the problems with the original are causing you to not try it out, be assured they really did fix the issues therein.
Old 2012-02-02, 04:24   Link #619
deathcoy

@Last Sinner So true, Aselia was so goddamn easy to play, all you need is Yuuto, make him and eternal 1 man team, he can mow down entire levels single handed. Seinarukana needs loads of planning and strategy since they now have counters and passive abilities and the subaru protaganist sux bad.

Anyways, is there any mentioning what exact contents are improved or added in Seinarukana PSP version? If its jux minor plot fillers to replace the H scenes i can let go... maybe... But if they have extra scenes for Jatzeita or maybe promote one of the side girls to lead heroine, then i must get the PSP version... I have a lot of favourites in Seinarukana rofl, dont wanna miss any of them hahaha...
deathcoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-02, 08:44   Link #620
Omipotent

the hell is this

I am liking this series.
but i recently stumbled up on something called Narukana Assorted and something else "wings of faires" I youtubed it up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64yuc...eature=related

assorted seem to have some wicked art but why does Nanashi have much "bigger body" in it? @_@ ( zetsu became a pedo?)
based on my limited understanding of japanese, it seems to have 3 parts and is about the days after the events of Narukana

Deathcoy you might have got your wish in Assorted. extra scenes for Jatzeita.....i think

the other one seem to be about those crystal thingy in Narukana and look like it is not SRPG. it have 2 titles but i have no clue what the difference between them is.
i am wondering if anyone here played them
Omipotent is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battle action, ero-game, eroge, fantasy, rpg, visual novel