AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-12-14, 11:25   Link #11441
kenjtr

Is it me or did medaka started talking like kumagawa ?
kenjtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 11:30   Link #11442
[HearT]

You know, at the end of last weeks chapter I actually thought that Kumagawa might actually have a chance at winning this week...

And then in this chapter....my Kumagawa...Impaled... I am not okay with this~~ ;_;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
The first thing I thought when I saw Kakegae's ability was... 'It's Neo vs Agent Smith...s'
And here's to hoping that this fight will be just as awesome~
Old 2012-12-14, 12:00   Link #11443
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I'm wondering since her style makes copies of her 800x, then the copies use the style again to make it 800x800, so technically she can keep making copies infinitely?
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 12:12   Link #11444
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Assuming they're not all killed by Medaka/other crazy strong person like Iihiko? Probably.
Libros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 12:19   Link #11445
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I really liked this chapter, from Medaka's "Well...shit..." face to Kumagawa's trolling and an actual explanation to how Real Eater works.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 14:00   Link #11446
[HearT]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I really liked this chapter, from Medaka's "Well...shit..." face to Kumagawa's trolling and an actual explanation to how Real Eater works.
I'm a little disappointed in Real Eater tho...it ended up being exactly as people had predicted it to be (a skill that alters skills, that is) rather than it having some unexpected twist to it
Old 2012-12-14, 14:13   Link #11447
jvcscasio
Lord of Lurkervile

But well, I really think there was not many ways Real Eater could be twisted, the name and the past gives away too much information...
jvcscasio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 14:26   Link #11448
kenjtr

The thing i wonder is that how strong medaka will be after she defeats lihiko and will zenkichi ever hope to catch up with hersince from what i see even now gap is really big . I think this arc will be the reason zenkichi becoming like doctore fukurou .
kenjtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 15:01   Link #11449
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Well, I am actually rooting for Iihiko or something to get rid of Medaka but it is futile to think such things .
Old 2012-12-14, 15:05   Link #11450
DawnEmperor

Thought that was pretty cool of Shiranui this chapter, fairly resourceful. To be honest, we kind of all knew how real eater worked. The real mystery is how it will potentially alter all fiction.
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 15:14   Link #11451
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Now it is only a matter of time before Medaka copies that skill, masters it and schools Shiranui with it...not that I actually want that to happen but even that is inevitable. I just irritable right now, working the night shift can do that to you and I genuinely hate Medaka.
Old 2012-12-14, 15:28   Link #11452
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
I'm wondering since her style makes copies of her 800x, then the copies use the style again to make it 800x800, so technically she can keep making copies infinitely?
don't need 800 but i want to order a half-dozen copies
Old 2012-12-14, 15:36   Link #11453
summers

great chapter, but bogged down by skipping to the Medaka fight, though maybe it was a hint that Either Kumagawa is lying about his motives(that he never stated) or Shinrai is lying to herself. Kuma of course lost his battle, but its obvious he's going to troll her hard, and he already has the ability to bring Zen back and she is altering some other Minus/skill by accident.

It could be all-fiction, april fiction, hundred guantlets, Bookmaker, the unnamed gift skill. Misogi because of the nature of his first Minus can twist and combine them in many way's that could get twisted even more by Real eater. Altering bookmaker would give him the ability to change person into Plus right?

Gonna love next chapter.
summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 20:27   Link #11454
silvercover
Romance Expert

well, here's to hope that kumagawa doesnt pull up a trick and shiranui actually won this match.

and its nice to see medaka stunned for once.
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 20:39   Link #11455
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers View Post
It could be all-fiction, april fiction, hundred guantlets, Bookmaker, the unnamed gift skill. Misogi because of the nature of his first Minus can twist and combine them in many way's that could get twisted even more by Real eater. Altering bookmaker would give him the ability to change person into Plus right?
...What if Kumagawa's plan is to turn himself into a Plus?
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 20:51   Link #11456
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
well, here's to hope that kumagawa doesnt pull up a trick and shiranui actually won this match.

Medaka has been sweating bullets this entire arc.
Old 2012-12-14, 21:13   Link #11457
ziggi92

A could Medaka box in real be without "boring & useless Zenkichi" at begin of Manga we saw it through the point of view from Zenkichi maybe it is kind ironic that if Wolfenstein is right about Devil Style it it all about faith in himself that I think is one reason why Zenkichi is boring is because we have so many hopes or faith in him that could become better that nearly does not happens so instead we see Zenkichi the normal like some at big hopes like me of him getting big before the black wedding and right after becoming president but no he is still same Zenkichi that we know of has not changed.

There is another reason why I think many people considered him boring is because of him nearly always becomes victim of something like for example what happened at Jet black wedding where he became of the people of got trap and was the last one to be released from the trap plus he could have dead from the wound he got but that is another story.

Instead of saving himself like what Kumagawa did and Ajimu with their trap instead he saved by the one he was suppose to save.

And now he is again trapped now by he "suppose" friend Kumagawa who doubtful told Zenkichi that he would make him disappear from forsake of Shiranui coming back to the academy.

And Again is going to be saved by someone this is not sign of powerful character but instead weak character who is being used by powerful people by all means like being part of plan of making someone lose (ajimu) but now his is still being control by powerful ones who he is not equal with like Kumagawa who made him disappear like he was nothing.

That is why it will be interesting if Zenkichi will be back will he change and become someone who is not controlled by powerful people or will he still be the same "boring" Zenkichi.

But another thing why is Shiranui willing to save "boring Zenkichi" what makes him not "boring" in her eyes which nobody can see expect Ajimu and some near Zenkichi expect for Medaka.

What makes Zenkichi special that it is not possible to see the manga without Zenkichi would be like Batman without robin why is that he is so important to the manga is because of Zen X Medaka relationship which many people don't like to see happened instead they like to see him with another character.
ziggi92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 21:29   Link #11458
[HearT]

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercover View Post

Well there has to be some sort of trick, it would just be too random to have Zenkichi disappear for a chapter to piss off Shiranui then have Kumagawa and Shiranui fight for a couple of pages and then bring Zen back 2 chapters later, that'd just be too lame~
especially with the buildup from the beginning of the chapter saying Kumagawa probably has something planned,

And it's Kumagawa, he doesn't go down without screwing you over a bit first~
Old 2012-12-14, 22:08   Link #11459
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggi92 View Post
A could Medaka box in real be without "boring & useless Zenkichi" at begin of Manga we saw it through the point of view from Zenkichi maybe it is kind ironic that if Wolfenstein is right about Devil Style it it all about faith in himself that I think is one reason why Zenkichi is boring is because we have so many hopes or faith in him that could become better that nearly does not happens so instead we see Zenkichi the normal like some at big hopes like me of him getting big before the black wedding and right after becoming president but no he is still same Zenkichi that we know of has not changed.

Haha. It is kind of interesting to see Zenkichi fans try to rationalize the perspective of why some people consider him "boring". But if I had to say the one thing which makes Zenkichi "uninteresting", it actually has nothing to do with his lack of power or needing to be saved. Rather, it is instead Zenkichi's personality/point of view/understanding of the world, this is the fundamental "boring" part of his character.

There are basically two major components of Zenkichi's personality. The first, Zenkichi's 'love'/obsession with Medaka, is the primary contributor to the weakness of Medaka Box's beginning chapters. At the start of the series, Zenkichi's entire personality is basically about the belief that "Medaka is always right". Zenkichi raises Medaka up like some kind of paragon to be loved and protected, forcing readers to just think of the series as some piece of crap where the main character is perfect, invincible, and always right. In large part, it is Zenkichi's fault that at the beginning of the series it is impossible to see or think of Medaka as human.

The second major aspect of Zenkichi's character is his idealism/positive outlook on life. This is the principle source of where his thematic/narrative value can come from. Even though everybody knows that life/the world is meaningless, in the end it's still important to look forward, believe in things, and keep trying. In order to have any sort of proper life, a human being must accept that. Out of all the characters in Medaka Box, Zenkichi is more or less the best/only one who can pass on this message.

However, despite the necessity of Zenkichi's idealism/optimism at the fundamental level, there are a lot of times when Zenkichi's natural idealism is just bullshit or goes too far. Zenkichi is not really someone who understands all of the meaninglessness or emptiness Medaka/Kumagawa (or other characters; Emukae, etc.) has seen. Again, especially in the early parts of the series: for example, the time when Zenkichi refused to accept Unzen + Team Loser's help during the Flask Plan because "Medaka would cry if she found out you got hurt for her". But also sparking off the Not Equals/True Flask Plan arc when Zenkichi refused to cooperate with others for the Treasure Hunt (and complained about the results). And still recently when Zenkichi thought it was honestly viable to charge straight in and fight Iihiko again, without any plan or training.

All in all, both "boring" aspects of Zenkichi (irrationally being in love with Medaka, and empty optimism) still exist in his character, so you can't really expect things to get better. More accurately, they are pretty significant and defined aspects of his character, so you should only expect them to change after major character development.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 23:35   Link #11460
summers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
...What if Kumagawa's plan is to turn himself into a Plus?
It would be an abomination. Chapter also highlighted that Kumagawa is random so he may just be experimenting and seeing how things will end up.
summers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council