AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-26, 14:58   Link #121
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

yeah someone will likely have gotten the right culprit at least, but that person wont know it themself so its the same as guessing.
Old 2009-12-27, 09:58   Link #122
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

If even the novel readers can't get a hold of the human culprit yet .... then i will like to see that new poll+discussion thread

Such a good mystery as Umineko does not come often, right? For the next decade(s), we will hardly have another similar mystery anime that requiring this degree of brainstorming and discussion ( to spot out the possible culprit in non-lame fashion).
Old 2009-12-27, 10:11   Link #123
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Request denied. The speculation threads are plenty enough for that.
Furthermore, I believe it is way too dangerous to mix both anime and VN readers considering the titanic gap in term of clues just with Ep4 and Ep5.

Any mistake can lead to devastating result. Therefore, nothing of that kind will be created.
The other reason is that the sub forum has already way too much different threads, which will lead to unecessary cluster. Therefore, please stick with the respective speculation thread you should belong to.

As for the other threads, they will be created in due time.
Old 2009-12-29, 13:09   Link #124
Marion
The Great Dine

So it's been a week now since the anime ended. Hate to be a bother but when will the overall impressions thread be made?
Old 2009-12-29, 21:24   Link #125
Sir Andy Richter
Wuh?

Uhhhhhhhh....requesting EP6 thread? <_<
Old 2009-12-30, 12:35   Link #126
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
So it's been a week now since the anime ended. Hate to be a bother but when will the overall impressions thread be made?
Okay, I will explain a bit my situation right now:
On 25th december, my connection got totally screwed, and for dumb reason, ISP technician are out of vacation until 5th january (you can bet there was a lot of trouble for the patch of ep5, and a giant stress for me...).
Because of this, I have no idea whatsoever when I can log in (leeching at a friend's, which is not reliable).

Unless another moderator takes care of it, I will do these on next tuesday/wednesday. Might not be so bad, considering an extra week might be good to consider few aspects of the anime.
Likewise, the same applies to character poll threads.
Old 2009-12-30, 12:37   Link #127
Marion
The Great Dine

Ah I see. Alright then I understand. Thanks for the explanation.
Old 2010-01-03, 02:13   Link #128
bereal31

How about a thread for bewildered anime viewers? I am a first time anime viewer. I am just bewildered with all the stuff that all the vn readers are saying. I would like a thread where anime only people like me could be discuss such matters further and in depth with vn readers so as to enhance and clarify our understanding of the series. For example, stuff that were left out and impact of such, details that were changed and the impact of such.
For example:

I am totally bewildered at the fact:

Spoiler:

and

Spoiler:

and

Spoiler:

These three are just a tiny sample of all the stuff that bewildered anime viewers like me would like to discuss with vn readers in the thread, should it be created.
Old 2010-01-03, 02:17   Link #129
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by bereal31 View Post
How about a thread for bewildered anime viewers? I am a first time anime viewer. I am just bewildered with all the stuff that all the vn readers are saying. I would like a thread where anime only people like me could be discuss such matters further and in depth with vn readers so as to enhance and clarify our understanding of the series. For example, stuff that were left out and impact of such, details that were changed and the impact of such.
For example:

I am totally bewildered at the fact:

Spoiler:

and

Spoiler:

and

Spoiler:

These three are just a tiny sample of all the stuff that bewildered anime viewers like me would like to discuss with vn readers in the thread, should it be created.
Anime Speculations thread
Old 2010-01-03, 11:39   Link #130
bereal31

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
From the thread that you have mentioned:

Unacceptable post topics:
Any form of spoiler from Umineko manga.
Any form of spoilers from visual novels.

Perhaps you have misunderstood, or perhaps I have not made myself clear. But it appears to me that it is impossible to discuss with VN readers on the anime speculation thread as VN readers can only give riddles and super vague hints so as to avoid breaking the rules. It is after all, meant for speculation, not clarification. To increase the fog, not clear it. My idea of the thread, should it be created, would be free from such a rule. So that anime only viewers may receive direct clear guidance/clarification as such rules does not exist.

Rest assured for future purposes that I have lurked in said forum for a long time and have seen no threads that would facilitate such discussion as the one that I have described. Threads that I have seen so far creates a clear distinction, a boundary if you may, between anime only viewers and vn people, that may not be crossed. In my thread, the two parties will finally be able to be brought together, to clearly, not vaguely, discuss and guide the bewildered/lost. My thread will clear, not increase, the fog.
Old 2010-01-03, 11:58   Link #131
Antera Caramichael
French Maid

Adaptation Incoherences thread?
Old 2010-01-03, 16:36   Link #132
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I think that what Bereal is looking for is a thread where the VN readers can be free to explain all the things that went missing in the anime rendition, and the anime only watchers can search for them. In other words a thread that is specifically dedicated to the purpose of filling the gaps in Deen's work.

However Bereal I think you should understand that right now all the VN readers have played EP5 and some of them even the recently released EP6. This means that unless that thread will alow such spoilers, you still won't shake the feeling of receiving riddles and clouded informations, because the VN readers themselves won't be able to fully explain their theories.

There is also the fact that while the anime is certainly a lot more confusing, the novel isn't really crystal-clear. So some of the questions might not really have any clear answer. And I know for experience that many novel readers share completely different opinions.

Old 2010-01-03, 21:37   Link #133
Kazuki_Kun

Is there going to be an Umineko character popularity poll of our own here on AS?
Old 2010-01-03, 23:30   Link #134
bereal31

Jan-Poo:

I understand and that is of course, to be taken for granted. It is not to be expected for the novel to be like the rosetta stone that reveals all. However, it's to better know and be theorizing on the right path and on the same ground as vn readers than not.
Old 2010-01-04, 03:54   Link #135
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I will simply say that Meotwister answer is the best.
Making a thread solely to fill the gap will take a lot of time (especially that I'm planning to resume the red truth thread, but I'm really really busy recently).

Also, remember that the VN readers should NOT give vague hints etc. Actually, their role in that thread should be clarification so anime watchers can have proper speculations and theories, with the proper basis.
Old 2010-01-04, 04:51   Link #136
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

For more practical reasons, having a thread like that is hard because even if it's meant to help fill gaps the anime left, even those scenes themselves are subject to some interpretation. If you leave a question and a VN player answers, you're likely to have another VN player disagree and put his own view on things, which just leads down the slippery slope of derailment.

Best thing to do is just ask a specific question in the Q&A thread, say you request some VN information in the PM system, and you're likely to get a response in minutes. Contrary to the usual venom they/we/us/etc. have for the anime, VN players are a very helpful bunch.
Old 2010-01-04, 12:42   Link #137
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Well about that... I think the "anime" tag in the Q&A thread should be removed.

People aren't respecting that anyway and since a long time...

Plus if that thread is meant for clarifications about the "story" why there should be a distinction?

Old 2010-01-04, 18:17   Link #138
bereal31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Well about that... I think the "anime" tag in the Q&A thread should be removed.

People aren't respecting that anyway and since a long time...

Plus if that thread is meant for clarifications about the "story" why there should be a distinction?
Because to the Sonozaki family, DISTINCTION is SERIOUS NAIL RIPPING BUSINESS!!!

Sorry, carry on...xD
Old 2010-01-09, 15:58   Link #139
Ronove

Requestingn Thread:

Requestion thread for Demon Furnitures! (Ronove, Gaap, Virgilia).

There's not much Spoilers about them, and there's tons of fans for most furnitures (including the Stakes as well).

Speculation of their "Piece" however may be a problem...
Old 2010-01-09, 17:30   Link #140
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

^ To follow up on that, topics for Bernkastel and Lambdadelta would be nice too.

And one for Ange as well.

Since the anime's over, it should be safe to make topics for any character that's appeared in EP1 through EP4.~