AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2008-12-06, 11:46   Link #141
wtfftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshin_Uchiha View Post
But they didn't want to destroy konoha before having theyr ultimate weapon.
exactly so whats the point of what pain is doing now :S. He IS pretty much destroying it.
wtfftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-06, 13:24   Link #142
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfftw View Post
exactly so whats the point of what pain is doing now :S. He IS pretty much destroying it.
Not really. He has killed a few no-name characters (potentially Kakashi), but most of those that he injured are seemingly fine (due to Tsunade's amazing jutsu), and he has only destroyed a few blocks. Quite honestly, all Pain is doing is causing a degree of chaos so that a few of his less offensive oriented bodies can sneak around trying to gather information (Naraku Pains soul-sucking ability which lets him analyse the contents of a person's brain). To put it another way, Pain is not fighting to win he/they are fighting for information. All the bodies, save for the Yahiko/Deva Body are expendable, and even that body is potentially expendable, so long as the information they seek is acquired. And, again, Pain is probably not worrying about his/their "weakness" that much, considering that he/they are fighting under the assumption that he/they only need Naruto and three days to seal the Kyuubi before Akatsuki's plans are complete, in which cause any "weakness" becomes unimportant.

To put it bluntly, if someone would simply tell him where Naruto was, he/they would leave. This is not an invasion, it is a fact-finding mission .
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-06, 14:08   Link #143
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshin_Uchiha View Post
But they didn't want to destroy konoha before having theyr ultimate weapon.
And their ultimate weapon involves capturing all 9 of the tailed beasts; Anything destroyed along the way is just collateral damage...

This whole "Will Kakashi die" seems to be killing (GET IT? "Killing"?) alot of people; Talk about stretching suspense far beyond cliffhangers...Leave it to a female character to not answer questions and speak in indirect terms, Tsunade of all people... (Sexism!)

Speaking of Tsunade, I said in the chap. 421 discussion thread that I had hoped Tsunade would engage in battle against Pain somewhere down the line and it looks like it finally came around 6 chapters later...No surprise, though it's also a "See I told you so" that just because Tsunade's playing field medic doesn't mean she's immune from Pain's assault...Better yet, she's fighting against the Yahiko body, which seems to be Pain's preferred and favorite body, so we should see a good fight out of this one...

Tsunade doubters, brace yourselves

Oh, and is this whole "Looking left and right at the same time" thing going to be another cliche like "That's my ninja way" in the Naruto universe?
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-06, 14:14   Link #144
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
It's over, Tsunade is gonna win!!
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-06, 16:28   Link #145
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
He is concern about his secret...
- One pain is in the autopsy room, facing Kiba and his Mom.
- another is chasing Shizune and Ino's Dad.
- another is facing Ibiki.
- Pain is facing Tsunade.

So, one pain is out of battle, Konan and Genjutsu Pain are facing Shino and Konohamaru (not doing their task), 3 pains are chasing people who is working on Pain's secret, Pain is facing Tsunade, so... from 7 enemies, 6 are not looking for Naruto.
Old 2008-12-06, 16:45   Link #146
wtfftw

fran and james0246im talking about the explosions and summonings i mean konoha is pretty much destroyed like with the invasion of oro and the sand.
Old 2008-12-06, 16:51   Link #147
james0246

Quote:
fran and james0246im talking about the explosions and summonings i mean konoha is pretty much destroyed like with the invasion of oro and the sand.
That seems to be a gross overstatement the destruction of these last few chapters. Only a few blocks have seemingly been destroyed, and only a few no-name characters have died in the 30 minutes to 1 hour that Pain has been attacking (Tsunade is seemingly healing everyone, so I expect only a few actual casulties). Added to that, this is nothing like the Sound/Sand invasions simply because this is not an invasion. This is a Splinter Cell mission with a lot more collateral damage . Pain is on a mission, and he/they have specific targets they need to hit in order to complete their mission. And, now that most of the individual Pain abilities are known, the counterattack will be swift and vicious. 6-on-1, Pain is near invincible, 1-on-1 he/they are just more gimmicky Shinobi where once you know there basic abilities they stop being a significant threat (Hidan, anyone?). And finally, nearly a third to a half of Konoha's forces seem to be elsewhere (on mission or with Danzou), so the fact that Pain can even do this level of damage is due to the fact that Konoha has been left partially undefended.

Last edited by james0246; 2008-12-06 at 17:25.
Old 2008-12-06, 17:04   Link #148
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
No it is not, you are grossly overstating the destruction of these last few chapters. Only a few blocks have been destroyed, and only a few no-name characters have died in the 30 minutes to 1 hour that Pain has been attacking (Tsunade is seemingly healing everyone, so I expect only a few actual casulties). Added to that, this is nothing like the Sound/Sand invasions simply because this is not an invasion. This is a Splinter Cell mission with a lot more collateral damage . And, now that most of the individual Pain abilities are known, the counterattack will be swift and vicious. 6-on-1, Pain is near invincible, 1-on-1 he/they are just more gimmicky Shinobi where once you know there basic abilities they stop being a significant threat (Hidan, anyone?). And finally, nearly a third to a half of Konoha's forces seem to be elsewhere (on mission or with Danzou), so the fact that Pain can even do this level of damage is due to the fact that Konoha has been left partially undefended.
Well, I guess that just goes to show how difficult it is to judge based on the manga.....
OtseisRagnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-06, 18:21   Link #149
wtfftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
That seems to be a gross overstatement the destruction of these last few chapters. Only a few blocks have seemingly been destroyed, and only a few no-name characters have died in the 30 minutes to 1 hour that Pain has been attacking (Tsunade is seemingly healing everyone, so I expect only a few actual casulties). Added to that, this is nothing like the Sound/Sand invasions simply because this is not an invasion. This is a Splinter Cell mission with a lot more collateral damage . Pain is on a mission, and he/they have specific targets they need to hit in order to complete their mission. And, now that most of the individual Pain abilities are known, the counterattack will be swift and vicious. 6-on-1, Pain is near invincible, 1-on-1 he/they are just more gimmicky Shinobi where once you know there basic abilities they stop being a significant threat (Hidan, anyone?). And finally, nearly a third to a half of Konoha's forces seem to be elsewhere (on mission or with Danzou), so the fact that Pain can even do this level of damage is due to the fact that Konoha has been left partially undefended.
Dude i was reading and choked down some food cuz the bold part just got me laughing like shit

lol i dont wanna know what Pains missions are like^^.

bout the destruction its not only pain doing it tsunade been aiding on that area too from the looks of this chapter.
Old 2008-12-06, 18:31   Link #150
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
I don't know if anyone mentioned this before:
i remember Jiraiya cutting in half the one Pain that was in the autopsy room. In this chapter he seems to have a whole body. Is this an error or my memory is not correct or Shizune and the team reattached the two body parts ?

The 5 seconds seems to be too much, Kishi is making the Yahiko body weak...
The Yahiko body weak? Nahh...just cuz his special technique has a 5 second delay it wouldnt make him weak. Kakashi had his hands full with him...and didnt even hit him if i remember. Man.. Jiraiya was awesome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
If he could do something against Kakashi and the Chouza-team why would he sacrifice one of his bodies? I'm sure that limitation is a reality, also because otherwise kakashi's sacrifice would be meaningless (sacrifice is not dying, i think kakashi will survive).

Now he is down to 5 and more and more enemies appear. I think he may be now taking it seriously because he discovered that Konoha is after his secret and is about to solve it. Taking it seriously means that he will sacrifice all his bodies (even the Yahiko body which seems to be precious to him since he sacrificed the missile-launcher-body for it) in order to destroy everything and everyone that is about to discover his big secret. That would also mean that the theory about Pain/Nagato being in a secret 7th body is true, otherwise i think Pain would consider escaping now that the whole village is ganging up on him. If he can destroy all signs of his secret before the remaining 5 bodies are killed then he will think that he succeeded in keeping his secret despite of Jiraiya's efforts. Or maybe Pain is so arrogant that he thinks he can beat a whole village now. It's difficult to tell since Pain is definitely not a fool like Hidan or Kakuzu were.
I think that Pain would've been able to get his information without getting even 1 body killed... but... that would totally ruin the reputation of Konoha. Besides..if you ask me Konoha aint that good either...so far they have great loses after each invasion.

Pain thinks of himself as a God...there's no way he'll back down. He wont run untill he has what he needs. There's a reason why Jiraiya died...why Kakashi cant even handle 1 body without backup and why Pain is still undefeated.

However if this Sannin/Hokage Tsunade cant even manage to kill one body then i'd be disappointed. Or.. i'd praise Jiraiya even more!
Old 2008-12-06, 19:11   Link #151
nutype
Future MD

i think it would really funny if Kishimoto decides to cut the tsunade vs yahiko pain fight completely. Next chapter might just begin with Yahiko-pain holding up a defeated tsunade by her neck while the other anbu members are lying dead on the floor lolz
nutype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-06, 20:02   Link #152
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutype View Post
i think it would really funny if Kishimoto decides to cut the tsunade vs yahiko pain fight completely. Next chapter might just begin with Yahiko-pain holding up a defeated tsunade by her neck while the other anbu members are lying dead on the floor lolz
That would really suck...
Old 2008-12-06, 21:05   Link #153
naruske

so how do you think pain will kill tsunade? he only controls gravitational forces. any ideas?
naruske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-06, 21:24   Link #154
reloaded
skywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindi89 View Post
She's already been setup for a fall, using her King Summon and also having it drain her chakra to cure all the injured nins. I'd imagine that took quite a bit of chakra.
That would be true if it was actually a one-on-one battle from the start but she has ANBU surrounding her, im sure they wont be ABSOLUTE cannon fodder and that they'll aid her in someway before they get thrown aside. I reckon Tsunade will just about make it. In a worst case scenario she doesnt though the plot would have it that Naruto would catch her at her death speech,telling him about his father and how he would make a great Hokage etc etc
reloaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-06, 21:40   Link #155
Cael
Lurker Mode

Page 3 shows Konohamaru using an earth element seal, similar to Yamato and the First when they use thier wood element technique. I'm not saying he can use wood element, but if it's an earth element technique, do you think he learned it from Naruto? Or was that just to show them bonding when he taught him sexy no jutsu? I can't really think of any earth element techniques that Naruto knows.
Cael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-06, 21:46   Link #156
reloaded
skywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cael View Post
Page 3 shows Konohamaru using an earth element seal, similar to Yamato and the First when they use thier wood element technique. I'm not saying he can use wood element, but if it's an earth element technique, do you think he learned it from Naruto? Or was that just to show them bonding when he taught him sexy no jutsu? I can't really think of any earth element techniques that Naruto knows.
nah I severely doubt it, Naruto hardly knows any techniques of his own wind element. For him to go teaching young ninjas earth element techniques seems to be out of the question. Who knows it might be an attack to stall or if it is actually earth element then it could be something the third might have showed him but I still doubt it...
reloaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-06, 22:03   Link #157
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cael View Post
I thought the tatsu seal was used in Wind jutsus (or at least Temari has used it at least once)?

Not that it really matters. Unless Naruto has jutsus that he has not shown us, then whatever Konohamaru is about to use will be something that someone else taught Konohamaru.
Old 2008-12-06, 22:17   Link #158
Supermutant

It sure would be nice to see Tsunade fight somebody. I don't think she was earning enough respect with her slugs. (Granted I'm sure the wounded appreciate it)

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that Naruto would be inspired again to solve his problem with a clone, (probably) though I'm not sure how he's going to remain in contact with a vulnerable clone while fighting.
Supermutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-06, 23:27   Link #159
Lunarskylar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermutant View Post
It sure would be nice to see Tsunade fight somebody. I don't think she was earning enough respect with her slugs. (Granted I'm sure the wounded appreciate it)

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that Naruto would be inspired again to solve his problem with a clone, (probably) though I'm not sure how he's going to remain in contact with a vulnerable clone while fighting.
naruto's ultimate technique will eventually require 23 clones, and it will as powerful as a chuck norris roundhouse kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by naruske View Post
so how do you think pain will kill tsunade? he only controls gravitational forces. any ideas?
he will pull a kira from bleach adn make her boobs heavier than the hokage mountain
Old 2008-12-07, 00:49   Link #160
Hiking_Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermutant View Post
Naruto will create two clones, and he will have to fuse with them. So, he will end up with two mini Naruto heads - one on each shoulder. And the two ShoulderNarutos gather nature energy and they also work together with the main head to make a rasenshuriken.
Hiking_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote