Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-04-23, 20:51   Link #41
Stormwhite

Send a message via MSN to Stormwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
I put my efforts into parodies these days. Beats talking about a few seconds of action over and over.
I always figured that Bleach *was* a parody. If it isn't, then please explain to me why stripping makes Ichigo weaker, the source of Chad's power is black pride, and how fighting a giant teddy bear gets you your death god powers back?

Cool comic, though.
Old 2011-04-24, 10:09   Link #42
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormwhite View Post
I always figured that Bleach *was* a parody. If it isn't, then please explain to me why stripping makes Ichigo weaker, the source of Chad's power is black pride, and how fighting a giant teddy bear gets you your death god powers back?

Cool comic, though.
Chad's not black, he's Mexican. Racist.

()
Old 2011-04-25, 09:51   Link #43
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
But it has just been shown in the same chapter that Ichigo doesn't have equal or greater power so it still doesn't make sense.
I thought you meant Ginjo, not Ichigo....

Yeah it does....it means that Tsukishima was just dicking around and wasn't trying to hurt him. Because he already showed that he could hurt if he wanted to

(I can't think of Tsukishima without hearing a gay voice thanks to Alchemist and those pink fonts )
Quote:
Before at least Kubo tried to give an explanation such as Kisuke's device, now it seems like he doesn't even bother also it is quite different because Ichigo didn't even know what fullbring was until a few days ago. With his Bankai though he had previous experience with his shikai, the set up with Zangetsu and the Kenpachi fight with talking to your sword.
yeah but before that, he used Getsuga Tensho on Urahara, and beat Renji with it and he still didn't know how he was doing it, until he fought Byakuya

So Kubo is being consistent and he never explains everything at one time. A lot is done in foreshadowing and inane comments that really aren't inane. Kubo uses Fridge Brilliance a lot of the times
Quote:
There was none of that, Ichigo finds out what fullbring is and boom he's doing it.
Again I have to say...hasn't he always done that? (With Every Power-up)
Old 2011-04-25, 10:27   Link #44
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

If there's more to an essential plot element than has already been explained then it's a good idea to atleast hint at that, otherwise it just seems contrived when additonal information is introduced. The characters themselves never assume there's more to follow. They automatically assume that's enough explanation that's required so it's reasonable for us to assume so in most situations. To just suddenly bring in something else about a plot element established 400 odd chapters ago is breaking that assumption. And when you break an assumptions it's important that there were hints to suggest something like that would happen. Kubo rarely ever does that.
Old 2011-04-25, 16:33   Link #45
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Can't exactly argue with that since i did that myself before joining.

Haha, I'm guessing we all did that at some point
Old 2011-04-26, 06:12   Link #46
Lunarskylar

holy crap a kubo fan O.O
thats more interesting than the chapter itself

so yea fullbring, im not surprised that ichigo can use full bring, seriously all these moves are the exact ichigo i dunno why kubo just gives them different names
the only variance i've ever acknowledged was that hollow shunpo made a farting noise

but it's always been the same concept, i bet ichigo was just trying to shunpo and he ended up fullbringing the air instead, s'all good

now something i just wanna bringing up, especially for hte kubo fan
didn't aizen say the hyougoku gave chad and inoue their now claimed" fullbring power?"
im sure it's prob already been discussed... if anyone cared, but if it hasn't yea, opinions? (aside from it's a kubo asspull, cuz... well that's stating ze obvious xDD)
Old 2011-04-26, 13:01   Link #47
Wakan Tanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunarskylar View Post

now something i just wanna bringing up, especially for hte kubo fan
didn't aizen say the hyougoku gave chad and inoue their now claimed" fullbring power?"
im sure it's prob already been discussed... if anyone cared, but if it hasn't yea, opinions? (aside from it's a kubo asspull, cuz... well that's stating ze obvious xDD)
Probably, The Hougyoku awakened their Fullbring-Power just like it did with Ichigo's Shinigami-Power. The rest awakened their Fullbring-Power through training.
Old 2011-04-27, 14:17   Link #48
Kskelts

Quote:

Cool comic, though.
Well I mean if you actually READ MANGA then you would know all Mangas have their silly sides, but Bleach started out pretty serious and it still is just the arc hasn't reached that much of a serious point yet.
Old 2011-04-27, 14:26   Link #49
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

He was just joking you know...
Old 2011-04-27, 21:57   Link #50
secretzfan
*Fansubber

I am alright with Ichigo's having his powers back
I am glad for Riruka coming back
And I can't wait too see Ginjou be bad *** but......
it is the drawings. What the **** is with his left eye Kubo. I feel like I was just super trolled. The dude makes it look like his hollow mask but it isn't. Just some scratches. It is barley anything. So now what I wanna see happen is Rukia, but bigger tan that I wanna see Ichigo think for once. When he didn't have soul reaper power really he had to think. That is all I wanted from that guy. Cuz when he thinks and when he acts like
[snip]His personality. his attitude and coolness all improve and he becomes more interesting and less boring

Last edited by james0246; 2011-04-28 at 00:41. Reason: never provide links to licensed materials...
Old 2011-04-28, 00:33   Link #51
Wiggy Fuzz
Has balls of cast iron

^ don't link to manga sites.

Law of Inherent Combustibility: Everything explodes. Everything.
Old 2011-04-28, 10:47   Link #52
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

ive been noticing that too. compair volume 18 and the latest chapter in artwork. Either shonen jump gets really REALLY good background editors for publication of the volumes but they dont edit the chapter by chapter release or hes just stopped trying.

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Old 2011-04-29, 19:33   Link #53
Stormwhite

Send a message via MSN to Stormwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kskelts View Post
Well I mean if you actually READ MANGA then you would know all Mangas have their silly sides, but Bleach started out pretty serious and it still is just the arc hasn't reached that much of a serious point yet.
You clearly have no sense of humour, so I'm going to ignore you.

Having actually read the thread, I'm going to agree with Haak, I really want to know what other manga LoP reads that he thinks a lot happens in a Bleach chapter.
Old 2011-04-30, 01:08   Link #54
Excelion

Quote:
Having actually read the thread, I'm going to agree with Haak, I really want to know what other manga LoP reads that he thinks a lot happens in a Bleach chapter.
Compared to Hajime no Ippo in these past few chapters, a lot has been happening in Bleach.
Old 2011-04-30, 11:15   Link #55
james0246

Early Spoilers have been released. Bleach Chapter 445 Discussion thread has been opened. Please move relevant discussions to the new thread.
Closed Thread

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion