AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-19, 11:19   Link #141
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

yupz looking forward to see what buggy is up to.

I would hope that he has somehow gotten a little stronger. Not shichibukai strong, but at least not that weak. I see a lot of potential for his DF ability and just learning Haki from being constantly exposed to strong people (under him and people they attack) would be a good boost.
Old 2011-09-19, 11:28   Link #142
Undertaker

My view on Buggy has always been that he's stronger than he lets on. I mean, he was Shanks' partner on Roger's ship, not to mention that he stands out enough for WB to remember him. Showed me that he at least got potential.

My guess is he fell into the trap that most DF user were in: relying too much on their DF power and not develop their base skill.
Old 2011-09-19, 11:49   Link #143
james0246

I don't want Buggy to be powerful. He is a clown through and through, so his power level should always be lesser than the current average level of strength. Buggy is cool just the way he is.
Old 2011-09-19, 12:12   Link #144
marvelB

^Yeah, I actually agree. I don't see Buggy being that strong, either. If anything, he's more like Usopp in the sense that he relies more on trickery/weapons than actual brute force (though I still believe that he's capable of using Haki, as I've been saying for a few years now). So really, I pretty much see him as the GL's biggest underdog.

And going back to the supernovas: Wow, I've seen an amazing amount of fanart pop up for the new designs already (most of the ones I've seen were of Law, though). Personally, I'm rather curious as to how much the rookies' crewmen have changed during the skip, as well (like Bepo, that zombie guy from Kidd's crew, etc.).....
Old 2011-09-19, 13:32   Link #145
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Buggy being powerful is like saying Mr. Satan should have been the end boss. It just doesn't work.
Old 2011-09-19, 16:08   Link #146
Undertaker

What? you mean Mr. Satan is not the end boss? But he is the strongest guy in DB universe!!!!!
Old 2011-09-19, 16:10   Link #147
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Buggy being powerful is like saying Mr. Satan should have been the end boss. It just doesn't work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
What? you mean Mr. Satan is not the end boss? But he is the strongest guy in DB universe!!!!!
He beat Cell and Buu! Are you saying that never happened too?

Burn him! Burn him for his blasphemy!
Old 2011-09-19, 17:44   Link #148
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
So apparantly that article with the Time Skip Novas was translated... and they apparantly revealed their new bounties...

Quote:
Strawhat Luffy - 400,000,000 Beri
X Drake - 620,000,000 Beri
Captain Kidd - 450,000,000 Beri
Killer - 250,000,000 Beri
Trafalgar Law - 310,000,000 Beri
Urouge - 180,000,000 Beri
Jewelry Bonnie - 141,000,000 Beri
Capone Gang Bege - 220,000,000 Beri
Basil Hawkins - 420,000,000 Beri
Scratchman Apoo - 380,000,000 Beri
Not sure if that's true, but I thought it was interesting~
Old 2011-09-19, 18:12   Link #149
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
So apparantly that article with the Time Skip Novas was translated... and they apparantly revealed their new bounties...

Strawhat Luffy - 400,000,000 Beri
X Drake - 620,000,000 Beri
Captain Kidd - 450,000,000 Beri
Killer - 250,000,000 Beri
Trafalgar Law - 310,000,000 Beri
Urouge - 180,000,000 Beri
Jewelry Bonnie - 141,000,000 Beri
Capone Gang Bege - 220,000,000 Beri
Basil Hawkins - 420,000,000 Beri
Scratchman Apoo - 380,000,000 Beri

These bounties actually make sense to me xD
Hope they are true.

But Holy mother of all things sacred...what the hell was Drake doing over there! Did he kill Kaidou or something? xD
Old 2011-09-19, 18:17   Link #150
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Though... I do wonder why Bonney's only went up 1,000,000.... did she become a Shichibukai or something?
Old 2011-09-19, 18:21   Link #151
Undertaker

Yeah, other than Drake, the others make sense with Luffy being idle for 2 years, though I would guess his bounty would go up again provided WG did cover up what happens on this arc.
Old 2011-09-19, 18:24   Link #152
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I just love the fact that it took Kid 2 years to get a bounty 450,000,000 while Luffy got to 400,000,000 in a few days xD

PS: Urouge is still fail-Supernova to me...never really thought much of him. I'm hoping he's the guy to fail in the New World
Old 2011-09-19, 21:42   Link #153
Undertaker

Bonny is actually more interesting to me other than Drake.

If those bounties are true, that means the she found a way to escape WG again. Though consider the bounty amount, either she just escaped recently or she's been lying low like Luffy and Law.
Old 2011-09-19, 21:51   Link #154
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adan View Post
I would like to post these reasons, but like I said, marvel would do a better job than me in explaining you.
So basically you don't have a reason.
Old 2011-09-19, 22:23   Link #155
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Bonny is actually more interesting to me other than Drake.

If those bounties are true, that means the she found a way to escape WG again. Though consider the bounty amount, either she just escaped recently or she's been lying low like Luffy and Law.

Well, from the way it looks in the time-skip picture there... it DOES look like she's been lying low for awhile...
Old 2011-09-20, 00:08   Link #156
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post

Do we know Zoro's new bounty? Sucks that he was thrown out of the supernova group
Old 2011-09-20, 00:27   Link #157
james0246

^As far as I know, Zoro's bounty has stayed at 120 million.
Old 2011-09-20, 09:55   Link #158
marvelB

Uh, I'm pretty sure those new bounties are fake. The original post where that "info" came from credited "Aohana" from AP..... who doesn't exist (it was probably meant to reference aohige, who happens to be a member at both AP AND here, and he made no such post).

Frankly, I wouldn't really expect Drake's bounty hike to be that great, anyhow. IMO, a 600 million price would be more fitting for post-skip Buggy (at least if I weren't convinced that he became a warlord).

Also, back on the subject of our blue-bearded friend, he pointed out another of MS's translation mistakes:

Quote:
Ok, just read the chapter, and noticed a serious mistake on the mangastream scanlation.

The part where Hody is talking about dropping the Noah on FI to eliminate the Straw Hats, they left out a rather important line.

"Our first priority right now is to have the Straw Hat Pirates eliminated, we can't handle them right now!!"

This is the first time Hody's ever admitted he and his men are no match for the Straw Hats.
It also makes him look a lot more pathetic (as if that was even possible).

LOL, like we even needed further confirmation that Hody is a loser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^As far as I know, Zoro's bounty has stayed at 120 million.

Yep. Although an earlier chapter from this storyline claimed that he had a 160 million bounty after the skip, that was actually an error on Oda's part and was fixed in the volume release. But don't worry, I'm sure we'll see Mr. Bushido (as well as the rest of the crew) get their well-deserved bounty hikes in the New World.....
Old 2011-09-20, 10:33   Link #159
Undertaker

Glad to know those bounties were fake I was wondering about Drake's 600 hike.

I double checked on Chinese scanlation as reading the Aoihige, there is a part where Hody mention something in tune to "I(we?) can't hold them off right now and if it take tens of thousands to die along so be it"

That little addition changes the whole tune of conversation for MS scans and actually makes more sense for the line.
Old 2011-09-20, 16:09   Link #160
marvelB

lol, aohige's recent comment actually reminded me of a post he made in a spoiler thread a few chapters back:

Quote:
Man, Hody just keeps degrading himself.
Every chapter he's just keeps sinking lower and lower.

- I'm a badass fishman -> A pill junkie relying on drugs to dope up
- I'm a badass fishman under water! -> sliced in one move by Zoro under water.
- I am SUPER HODY NOW -> He just went overdose on pills because Zoro's cut huuuuuuuuuurts it huuuuuuuurts
- I'm going to join forces with another badass fishman! -> Dude just threw ARK OF DOOM at yo new kingdom, yo.
- Imma tear you a new.... -> Luffy kicks the shit out of him
- My doped up water pistol is awesome -> Jinbe: lol noob

New! - I command powerful sea creatures under my command! -> he just held the monster's brother hostage to make him obey
New! - Come on and get me Straw Hat!! -> Lol he can't even see the punch coming at him.

Seriously, Hody?
Even Daruma seems more threatening than you.

Seriously, the guy just fails so hard at being "teh BADASS SUPERVILLAIN" that it's almost pitying.
Closed Thread