AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2008-04-23, 12:40   Link #1
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

[Manga] Chapter 398 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant part of the chapters. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 12:59   Link #2
ajay29

nothing yet? seriously? bah.....
ajay29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 13:25   Link #3
neji-kun

Got this from Mangahelpers Credits to Hatifnatten, NF
Spoiler for Spoiler:
neji-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 13:27   Link #4
mrsticky005
Banned

I saw two unconfirmed spoilers both with a Sasuke-Madara flashback.
first is concerning the 1st hokage and the 2nd is concerning Shisui.
Either way I think getting to see either of those guys is going to be awesome.
Hopefully we'll either A. figure out how Madara faked his death or B. how exactly and why exactly
Itachi drowned the teleportation ninja Uchiha Shisui.
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 14:04   Link #5
james0246

The various translations seem farily...boring. Which doesn't make sense since we are either seeing Itachi past or the past of Konoha (depending on the spoiler). I guess Kishimoto decided to wind down for Golden Week instead of leaving us with a shocking cliffhanger...

And you got to love the fact that, no matter what, Itachi is a victim in all of the spoilers

Last edited by james0246; 2008-04-23 at 14:19.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 14:06   Link #6
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

so... how many more months would it be before we stop hearing about the Uchihas?
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 14:26   Link #7
mayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by neji-kun View Post
Got this from Mangahelpers Credits to Hatifnatten, NF
Spoiler for Spoiler:
That seems to be false, from all we have heard wood was strictly a first hokage move not a clan capability.
mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 14:35   Link #8
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
That seems to be false, from all we have heard wood was strictly a first hokage move not a clan capability.
That is not true. We have only heard about the first, nothing really about the Senju clan itself (besides the fact that they were allied with the Uchihas). So, it is possible that the clan had a few Wood users (much the same as the Kaguya clan only had a few Bone users, even though the clan was known for Bone techniques.) The Doujutsu clans seem to be the only clans were a large percentage of the clan has the bloodline/abilities.

That being said, I just say a spolier for the cover of the recent Shounen (on 2ch), and Naruto looks pretty cool...sadly enough the cover seems to have nothing to do with the story in the slightest .
Old 2008-04-23, 15:20   Link #9
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
so... how many more months would it be before we stop hearing about the Uchihas?
8 weeks and 2 days, then they will be appearing in the Kakashi arc for 3 more months
HiroInazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 15:56   Link #10
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

No more about the Uchiha Clan, please God I'm begging you. For a group that now only has two members left, they get too much attention. Where the heck is the stuff about people we actually care about? Well, Madara is cool, but Sasuke.... well, you can guess that my opinion of him is not good.
Old 2008-04-23, 15:58   Link #11
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

If the part about the Senju clan is true, them being a wood using clan, then I hope people, who are defending the story (as not being misleading because of not having heard another wood user), would give up.\

At the least, if that many Uchihas with Sharingan have survived, seeing not one Senju with respectable ability surviving (other than their leader), despite the Uchihas not being able to overpower them, is ridiculous and unrealistic.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 16:03   Link #12
james0246

Just wait until the Sakura story starts...which will, somehow, be all about the Uchihas. Then finally Naruto will return...and be looking for the Uchihas .

That being said, I read a spoiler from 2ch that had Pein showing up to confront the Naruto group, with Jiraiya's body replacing the missing 6th body. That would be a pretty cool cliffhanger...if it were true.
Old 2008-04-23, 16:07   Link #13
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by james3wk View Post
That being said, I read a spoiler from 2ch that had Pein showing up to confront the Naruto group, with Jiraiya's body replacing the missing 6th body. That would be a pretty cool cliffhanger...if it were true.
Jiraiya's body had already been taken by the elder pa-toad, so that is not possible.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 16:11   Link #14
naruto89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
Jiraiya's body had already been taken by the elder pa-toad, so that is not possible.
No, more like he's at the bottom of a swamp or whateva
Pa-toad is currently returning to the head sage to pass on the code that jiraya left.
naruto89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 16:15   Link #15
james0246

Quote:
Oh I never said the spoiler was true (besides Jiraiya's body was not recoved by any of his toad summons), I only mentioned that it would be kind of cool. Besides, why would Pein use a 50+ year old extremely dead body of Jiraiya, when he could use the 20+ year old extremely dead body of Itachi .
Old 2008-04-23, 16:33   Link #16
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
At the least, if that many Uchihas with Sharingan have survived, seeing not one Senju with respectable ability surviving (other than their leader), despite the Uchihas not being able to overpower them, is ridiculous and unrealistic.
hmmm, I think you are jumping the gun too fast, first of, it was never stated that the Uchihas could not overpower the senju clan (remember we are talking about the clan as a whole and not about individuals), they just combined forces for a common goal, or at least that is what I understand.

Also, the part about not surviving, we have to see, it could be what I have been saying about been a rare ability (and one on the brink of extinction), thus only by that time 3 or 4 users existed, whereas the Uchihas DNA was strong enough to pass the Shairgan info to its descendants, or maybe there was one really big war, were all of the Mokuton users were killed, surviving only Shodaime…

Heck, Even saying that the people who said that the mokuton ability could only be done by Shodaime were people that were speaking based on their knowledge (Just like the ANBUI who said that Shdoaime was the only one, whereas Yamato could also do it).

I’m not a Manga writer, however I can come up with different explanations without the need to be ridiculous, or unrealistic.
Old 2008-04-23, 16:41   Link #17
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiroInazuma View Post
8 weeks and 2 days, then they will be appearing in the Kakashi arc for 3 more months
Ugh... kill me now... please, this series has seriously gone to the dogs.
Old 2008-04-23, 17:42   Link #18
Slave0fLife
O_O

Well, if the chapter (and the next ones) is entirely about what happened with Itachi/Uchiha clan, I guess we can assume it is the real deal, and not just a mind trick that Madara is using. Again, I am basing this on the shounen formula. If it were a mind trick (and I am not saying it isn't), I don't think Kishimoto would spend whole chapters on it, I think he would only leave it at the last chapter with the "Itachi was a good person" thing, so we could have a surprise later on.

Of course, Kishimoto could waste this all on a well elaborated mind trick, but if I had to bet, it would be on the more likely scenario that what he will tell us in the next (supposedly) uchiha-past based chapters is the truth.
Slave0fLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 17:44   Link #19
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Kishimoto is the master of milking! he learned from DBZ
Old 2008-04-23, 17:47   Link #20
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Kishimoto is the master of milking! he learned from DBZ