AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2008-10-28, 14:46   Link #1
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

[Manga] Chapter 423 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant part of the chapters. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-28, 15:00   Link #2
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
I don't want to go against any rules, so I ask first: is it allowed to put a photo of one page from ch 423 here?
Is it allowed to ask questions yet? Example:

Spoiler for question:

Spoiler for thumbnail of a picture:
Old 2008-10-28, 15:17   Link #3
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraFlash View Post
I don't want to go against any rules, so I ask first: is it allowed to put a photo of one page from ch 423 here?
Is it allowed to ask questions yet? Example:

Spoiler for question:
Probably not, since Kishimoto stated that Kakashi would be getting an arc; and I don't think chapters 419 - 423 could constitute as a "full" arc.
Old 2008-10-28, 15:24   Link #4
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohei View Post
Probably not, since Kishimoto stated that Kakashi would be getting an arc; and I don't think chapters 419 - 423 could constitute as a "full" arc.
I dunno.... Kishi has a bad habit of ignoring his characters.... Maybe his arc would be a flashback arc? Or maybe he did lose his sharingan...?
OtseisRagnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-28, 15:30   Link #5
haomaru

From the pic posted it looks like pein throws some kind of nail to kakashis sharingan eye, there is something dripping from kakashis face.
haomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-28, 15:31   Link #6
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
a hero falls. he wont die, but it does look like blood is dripping from his face.
Old 2008-10-28, 15:34   Link #7
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by haomaru View Post
From the pic posted it looks like pein throws some kind of nail to kakashis sharingan eye, there is something dripping from kakashis face.
Like I said earlier, Kakashi will most likely lose the Shaingan. That's actually a great idea for starting out his arc. Such a drastic change.
Old 2008-10-28, 15:36   Link #8
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Heh, God Pein's powers remind me a lot of Blackbeard's from OP. In fact, Kakashi vs. Pein reminds me of Ace vs. Blackbeard in many ways, but that's neither here nor there...

Oh yeah, Pein. Looks like he can attract or repel anything at will. That's a pretty impressive power. Means he's virtually untouchable if he has enough time to react but he still can be hit given the fact that he choose to dodge Chouji's attack instead of repel it. And judging by the "marble" he's holding, he may be able to turn objects into projectiles by repelling them at high speed.

Also, I agree that Kakashi isn't dead. No foreshadowing, no flashback? (might be some in the chapter though). Does look like the attack could've caught him in his Sharingan eye, though Kakashi losing Sharingan seems kind of pointless IMO, unless Kishi plans to make a subplot of him getting back his powers. I guess we'll have to wait until next week to be sure.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-28, 15:43   Link #9
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohei View Post
Kishimoto never said Kakashi would get an arc. He just said he would write about Kakashi and Sakura after Sasuke, later in the year. Naruto would have to wait. So he is doing what he said since he is writing about Kakashi right now.

Here's the quote.
Quote:
2. What's gonna happen next year?
Kishi : Started with Sasuke vs Itachi battle.
I'm gonna write about mainly Sasuke next year. And Kakashi and Sakura, after that. Especially Kakashi. I can't tell yet but a huge event will happen to him.

5. Describe the color of Kakashi story which you just mentioned about.
Kishi : Dark Blue
Could losing the sharingan be Kakashi's huge event? That might take him out of the Hokage running. It might just go Tsunade to Naruto sooner than we think.
DeDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-28, 15:44   Link #10
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Heh, God Pein's powers remind me a lot of Blackbeard's from OP. In fact, Kakashi vs. Pein reminds me of Ace vs. Blackbeard in many ways, but that's neither here nor there...

Oh yeah, Pein. Looks like he can attract or repel anything at will. That's a pretty impressive power. Means he's virtually untouchable if he has enough time to react but he still can be hit given the fact that he choose to dodge Chouji's attack instead of repel it. And judging by the "marble" he's holding, he may be able to turn objects into projectiles by repelling them at high speed.

Also, I agree that Kakashi isn't dead. No foreshadowing, no flashback? (might be some in the chapter though). Does look like the attack could've caught him in his Sharingan eye, though Kakashi losing Sharingan seems kind of pointless IMO, unless Kishi plans to make a subplot of him getting back his powers. I guess we'll have to wait until next week to be sure.
How would it be pointless?
You're a One Piece fan, so you'd understand the point of having the unexpected happen, right?
But that's aside from the point. As Kishi said, there will be a Kakashi arc, why wouldn't having him become stronger be a part of it? And the sharingan seems to be weakening him, anyway. (It's a massive drain on his chakra).
Old 2008-10-28, 15:51   Link #11
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
Kishimoto never said Kakashi would get an arc. He just said he would write about Kakashi and Sakura after Sasuke, later in the year. Naruto would have to wait. So he is doing what he said since he is writing about Kakashi right now.

Here's the quote.

Could losing the sharingan be Kakashi's huge event? That might take him out of the Hokage running. It might just go Tsunade to Naruto sooner than we think.
He is getting his own arc; which has already started. Call it a mini arc or whatever you want to call it since for now, Kakashi is the focus of the reader's attention.
Old 2008-10-28, 15:59   Link #12
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtseisRagnarok View Post
How would it be pointless?
You're a One Piece fan, so you'd understand the point of having the unexpected happen, right?
But that's aside from the point. As Kishi said, there will be a Kakashi arc, why wouldn't having him become stronger be a part of it? And the sharingan seems to be weakening him, anyway. (It's a massive drain on his chakra).
I meant it would be pointless to have Kakashi permanently lose Sharingan. Shocking but pointless. Rarely do characters ever lose the abilities they're known for. 9 times out of 10, whenever characters lose their power "for good" it's just a set-up for them to get it back somehow (Superman and Spiderman series infamous for using this stunt a lot. See Ishida from Bleach for a manga example). They may learn how to adapt to the loss of their powers, or get different abilities for a while, but eventually they regain the abilities they're known for.

So even if Kakashi lost Sharingan, I just wouldn't except it to be permanent. Frankly, I'd rather see a Kakashi arc focus on something else though.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-28, 16:03   Link #13
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
I meant it would be pointless to have Kakashi permanently lose Sharingan. Shocking but pointless. Rarely do characters ever lose the abilities they're known for. 9 times out of 10, whenever characters lose their power "for good" it's just a set-up for them to get it back somehow (Superman and Spiderman series infamous for using this stunt a lot. See Ishida from Bleach for a manga example). They may learn how to adapt to the loss of their powers, or get different abilities for a while, but eventually they regain the abilities they're known for.

So even if Kakashi lost Sharingan, I just wouldn't except it to be permanent. Frankly, I'd rather see the Kakashi arc focus on something else though.
I wouldn't expect it, either... But then again... It would be a nice change of pace. Maybe he'll get a lot stronger without it?
With access to larger chakra reserves, and the fact that he's already adapted to having only one eye most of the time, I'd say that he's apt to becoming stronger from this situation.
Old 2008-10-28, 16:34   Link #14
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Crap it would be really unfortunate if Kakashi loses his Sharingan. If that happens, he won't be able to effectively use Raikiri/Chidori anymore.
Old 2008-10-28, 16:39   Link #15
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Crap it would be really unfortunate if Kakashi loses his Sharingan. If that happens, he won't be able to effectively use Raikiri/Chidori anymore.
What?
When did anyone say that? If anything, he should ba able to use it more!
Old 2008-10-28, 16:41   Link #16
Nintendo

time for kakashi to get itachis eye.....oh yes.

if anything i bet next chapter will show kakashi and it didnt hit his eye, but his ear. So he dodged it just in time.
Old 2008-10-28, 16:43   Link #17
Ryuujin

Quote:
What?
When did anyone say that? If anything, he should ba able to use it more!
iirc, he needs Sharingan in order to actually hit anything with it...

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-28, 16:49   Link #18
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendo View Post
time for kakashi to get itachis eye.....oh yes.

if anything i bet next chapter will show kakashi and it didnt hit his eye, but his ear. So he dodged it just in time.
One eye, one ear, he's running out of things he was born with two of!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuujin View Post
iirc, he needs Sharingan in order to actually hit anything with it...
Explain.
Old 2008-10-28, 17:00   Link #19
Nintendo

Quote:
One eye, one ear, he's running out of things he was born with two of!
lol maybe not his whole ear, maybe just the bottom of it lol.

he doesnt need the eye to hit anything, he needs it to see the counter attack so he doesnt get hit himself.
Old 2008-10-28, 17:02   Link #20
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendo View Post
lol maybe not his whole ear, maybe just the bottom of it lol.

he doesnt need the eye to hit anything, he needs it to see the counter attack so he doesnt get hit himself.
Makes sense, but he still could use it, theoretically.