AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-03-14, 13:58   Link #1
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Yutori-chan

Yutori-chan is a new comedy directed by Kawaguchi Keiichirou (Getsumen to Heiki Mina, Hayate no Gotoku), with original character designs by POP (Moetan), and animation directed by Nishio Kouhaku (ToHeart2, Moetan).

The main seiyuus are Yuuki Aoi, Hanazawa Kana, and Watanabe Akeno, who also do the OP.

It consists of two-minute streamed animations, distributed via links sent out (apparently daily) to viewers by Biglobe. The first four episodes were previewed in December. The full season begins Tuesday 16 March.

Yutori-chan is a cute, cheery, selfish, inefficient part-time worker in the marketing department of a toy company. She (Yuuki Aoi) is a high-school student, and her closest co-worker (Hanazawa Kana) is a student at a prestigious university. Their supervisor is played by Watanabe Akeno.

The animation is simple but effective. The first four episodes were funny, and the seiyuu work is excellent.

More credits: animation produced by Actas; story by Tanaka Yutori and Actas; script by Asakawa Miya (Mars Daybreak, Shounen Onmyouji, episodes of Noein).

AniDB. ANN. official site.

YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 14:00   Link #2
Midonin
Last Engage

Keiichiro Kawaguchi, at the very least, is enough to grab my attention.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-15, 02:51   Link #3
Pachael
原作通り

Watched the first four web-eps. It was quite funny - no relation between Tanaka Yutori and the title character? ;p
Pachael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-15, 05:53   Link #4
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Yes its a amusing cute show.
Old 2010-03-17, 20:45   Link #5
Fuze

I just recently saw the first 4 web-episodes that has been out since December(?), and I can say it's my type of comedy. I can see myself being entertained by Yutori-chan alone, whom she reminded me a bit of Miu (Ichigo Mashimaro), with her heedless tendency.

Anyway, I signed up for the e-mail service and I got the links to the streams but it has some type of error for me. Could it be that they're blocking my IP since I don't live in Japan? Anyone else sign up for it?

Edit: Err, nvm.. they stopped sending me links to streams after the 4th episode. I think for episode 5 and up you have to pay 500 yen or something. Great.

Last edited by Fuze; 2010-03-21 at 15:32.
Fuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-26, 04:05   Link #6
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Those 4 webcasts were quite amusing. Definitely something to look out for.
Lord of Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 22:05   Link #7
Rias

I wonder if this is a way of jabbing at Japan's Yutori-education.

Nevertheless, it's some funny stuff.
Old 2010-04-05, 08:30   Link #8
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
The episodes are short, but kind of fun. In part thanks to Yutori herself.
Old 2010-04-05, 11:44   Link #9
Dralha

I've seen a handful of them so far. They're short, but very funny.
Old 2010-04-06, 07:56   Link #10
rumia
普通の魔法使い

oh, the short anime is moe~
it really make me laugh~
short but not bad
rumia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 11:16   Link #11
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I sure hope someone is able to keep up with subbing these. They're hard to find. They appear daily, and we're up to over 22 of them now. Chinese subs do keep showing up. Episode 13 -- which I've seen called "Black Yutori" -- is a classic. Especially good work by Yuuki Aoi.

@Rias -- I'll bet that's exactly what they're poking fun at, since Yutori-chan herself is pretty relaxed and refuses to work overtime, for example. And she is also the happiest of everyone in the office, it seems.

NOTE: I didn't know what "Yutori Education" was until I looked it up on my friend, Wikipedia. It was an education reform that among other things reduced hours in elementary school, trying to reduce pressure on students. The changes started in 1989, but the biggest changes took place in 1998, so students who had their education since then -- including Yutori-chan -- would show the effects of it.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 13:08   Link #12
Dralha

Quote:
NOTE: I didn't know what "Yutori Education" was until I looked it up on my friend, Wikipedia. It was an education reform that among other things reduced hours in elementary school, trying to reduce pressure on students. The changes started in 1989, but the biggest changes took place in 1998, so students who had their education since then -- including Yutori-chan -- would show the effects of it.
Interesting...perhaps there's a bit of subtle social commentary going on there...
Old 2010-04-06, 15:19   Link #13
JapanAni
tasukete Erin!

really fun short episodes, not expecting too much since it's aired on cellphones in Japan.
JapanAni is offline   Reply With Quote