AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-09, 22:31   Link #21
mochichan

I just read the news about this on Tokyohive and OMFG ASDFLJSDLFJSLDFJ!!
SO EXCITED!!

It's like Battle Royale...with less mentally messed up characters...tho there's still a few crazy people in this anime too.
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 23:09   Link #22
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

^ I thought it was avatar themed battle like accel world or .hack or SAO theme since the synopsis mentioned that the MC enter the BTOOOM! world?
Old 2012-06-10, 01:51   Link #23
tsunade666

[mod's note: you been had by articuzwolf]

Read the manga synopsis. That anime synopsis is leading you in a wrong way or it gives a partial truth to it but some of it are missing or left out.

Last edited by monir; 2012-06-10 at 03:22.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 03:18   Link #24
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
^ I thought it was avatar themed battle like accel world or .hack or SAO theme since the synopsis mentioned that the MC enter the BTOOOM! world?
Are you trying to be cute? It's pretty obvious from your previous deleted post for spoiler, that you are nose deep in the source material and familiar with the story. How about showing some consideration toward your fellow member who aren't familiar with the source material by not spoiling, or baiting someone else to spoil for you. Poor Tsunade66 actually fell for your bait....

Folks, please stop spoiling in any anime thread. If you can't contain yourself, then just to go to the corresponding manga thread and unload at your heart content. Thanks.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 02:39   Link #25
Westlo
Lets be reality

Madhouse seem to be pretty active in the second half of this year, I guess they have finished up a few movie productions freeing up some studios? Anyway this seems interesting, I guess I'll steer clear of the manga so I can experience this fresh but no doubt I'll end up checking out the manga since 70% of the thread will be about how this sucks compared to it.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 03:11   Link #26
Kakkou
Tch.

I was actually thinking of reading the manga soon, but with this announcement I guess it'll be better if I put that thought on hold for now.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 14:42   Link #27
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

Never heard of this series before, but with a name like that, it's bound to grab your attention. And it's horror you say?
SquirrelLuvsPnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 00:31   Link #28
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ Definitely not horror, violent yes.
Old 2012-06-12, 01:34   Link #29
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by gecd View Post
wow
another MMORPG themed anime like Accelworld and SAO?
this is look very interesting!!!
MMO.... Ok I suppose you can say it like that...Technically it is an MMRPG
Old 2012-06-14, 12:09   Link #30
EroKing

NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-06-14, 12:33   Link #31
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

Whoah.... no way is it a MMORPG. Not even close really. I've read up on the manga and I can promise that it has nothing to do with role playing.
SquirrelLuvsPnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 02:33   Link #32
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
If the anime will be 2-cour I hope that they'll have Fujiwara Keiji as a seyu for the Masahito Date (if you know what I mean ).
*that's not a spoiler*
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 02:57   Link #33
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ I didn't think we had enough for that many episodes.
Old 2012-06-16, 03:24   Link #34
OPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
^ I didn't think we had enough for that many episodes.
Actually since it has 8 volumes out it has more then enough for a two cour adaption. Also while im looking foreward to this i really do hope this does well enough for madhouse to consider doing a adaption of cage of eden another survival manga.
OPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 05:29   Link #35
iceyfw

promising staff and studio production backing this up. only question mark is Kotono Watanabe directing this entire project. anyone else know more about how this guy directs? seems he hasn't done that much directing.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 07:15   Link #36
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceyfw View Post
promising staff and studio production backing this up. only question mark is Kotono Watanabe directing this entire project. anyone else know more about how this guy directs? seems he hasn't done that much directing.
Going by the name I figure Kotono is a woman.It's her first time directing a whole show so there isn't much to go on.
Old 2012-06-16, 08:04   Link #37
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
Quote:
Originally Posted by OPN View Post
Actually since it has 8 volumes out it has more then enough for a two cour adaption.
Well you aren't quite right. Only the first 4 volumes (31 chapters) were published in weekly format, but starting from here it started to be published in the monthly format, so chapters in the first 4 volumes were much shorter (about 2 times) than those that are released now.

From this we can assume that these first 31 chapters can turn into about 16 episodes, so they could go further after this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Going by the name I figure Kotono is a woman.It's her first time directing a whole show so there isn't much to go on.
The director of Sankarea anime is a newcomer too, but most of people like how the anime turned out with his work (I've read the manga so I can't bring myself to love it).

Last edited by Iby; 2012-06-16 at 08:16.
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 03:19   Link #38
OPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iby View Post
Well you aren't quite right. Only the first 4 volumes (31 chapters) were published in weekly format, but starting from here it started to be published in the monthly format, so chapters in the first 4 volumes were much shorter (about 2 times) than those that are released now.

From this we can assume that these first 31 chapters can turn into about 16 episodes, so they could go further after this.
Ah thanks for the info. The only stuff i know about the manga is the xbox 720 covers and the plot anything else....nope . They could always go for the 1 episode = 2 or 3 chapters formula for the weekly format while for the monthly format they can do 1 episode = 1 chapter.
OPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 05:00   Link #39
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iby View Post
The director of Sankarea anime is a newcomer too, but most of people like how the anime turned out with his work (I've read the manga so I can't bring myself to love it).
Oh I'm not trying to diss the director just because it's her first time directing a show,in fact I've generally liked the shows she's been involved in even if she directed episodes and not the whole shows.

It's just that you can't really answer the question "how does she direct" when she hasn't directed a whole show before,that was a bit different with the director of Sankarea because he had worked his whole career at shaft so it isn't surprising to see sankarea be a bit shaft-esque in its direction.

The writer is experienced though,I can already see the anime starting with a flash forward scene since he likes to do that (did it in HoTD,Requiem for the phantom,Jormungand etc )
Old 2012-06-18, 06:04   Link #40
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirrelLuvsPnut View Post
Whoah.... no way is it a MMORPG. Not even close really. I've read up on the manga and I can promise that it has nothing to do with role playing.
Oh it has loads of role playing....if you consider BF3 role playing...

Tags
action, seinen