AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-05-04, 11:27   Link #301
Seska

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futaba-chan
Indeed... do the flight suits only work in the pool? If they work outside of it, why not wear them on actual missions as a substitute for a parachute? If the pool is the only place where they work, shouldn't there be a safety net on the bottom to prevent a Sibylla from wandering out of it and plummeting to her death? For that matter, shouldn't there be one anyway, in case a spectator at the pool's edge falls in?
I think this "Pool" secret, is a wind upstream tube. its the same as Tsunamis... (well i mean the Wind ones).above warm air, and on the bottom cold air.. voila.. artifical Tsunami aistream. perhaps this suits works as "littel" parasuits.....

But. when others are watching from above, Thier hair should go wild cause of the Airstream jet, but dosent.... Well.. i dont have other explation if you wanna compare the pool to earth physics...

episode 05? damm, i miss something....

Mfg,
Seska
Seska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-04, 11:45   Link #302
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
Thier hair should go wild cause of the Airstream jet, but dosent....
Actually it does, at least in episode five. If it was just an air stream how do the characters to dive agaisnt the flow of air so easily?

BTW, it occured to me that this whole training process, gradual introduction of characters, psychological traumas, great music and atmosphere and so on really reminds me of Gunslinger Girl.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-04, 13:47   Link #303
Ness
Music Whore

Send a message via MSN to Ness
I've only seen 'til episode two (I don't understand Japanese, so I don't watch the raw versions) and it did spike my curiosity. Although that gender-switching thing makes me go "wtf".

I sure want to see more. You guys understand Japanese? 'Cause many of you have even seen episode five! =P

Thanks in advance.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-04, 17:57   Link #304
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Send a message via AIM to Futaba-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Futaba-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness
I sure want to see more.
If you go back in this thread a little ways, there are detailed synopses of episodes 3 and 4 that are meant to give you enough detail to watch the raws even if you don't know any Japanese, and still understand what's going on. Or at least that's the intent; if there's anything missing, please let me know.

I'm working on the one for episode 5 in another window....

Quote:
You guys understand Japanese? 'Cause many of you have even seen episode five! =P
Yui-san is a native speaker. At least one other forum member lives in Japan, and some of the others have had formal Japanese training. I've never actually taken any Japanese classes, but I've watched a lot of subtitled anime, and I picked up some of the language that way, which I'm now supplementing with textbooks. (Doing the synopses is turning out to be a very good learning exercise.)
Futaba-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-04, 18:03   Link #305
Altimit

Quote:
Huh? There's a railing there; in one scene, Neville and Paraietta lean against the railings on opposite sides and stare out at the scenery.
I was refering to this:
Spoiler:
Altimit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-04, 19:13   Link #306
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimit
I was refering to this:
That's the port flight deck, not the forward observation platform. It would be hard to put a railing around the flight deck and still have it function... but that's a good point; wouldn't it be rather dangerous to be out on the flight deck at all if the ship were rolling and pitching due to enemy fire, evasive maneuvers, or a storm?
Old 2006-05-04, 22:45   Link #307
Yui from Okinawa

Send a message via Yahoo to Yui from Okinawa
Shimoun Fan-art The Contribution Bulletin board open!

Regulations
  1. Fan art of making concerning "Shimoun" by yourself or coopolate with your friends. (Include it in C.G Collage okay).
  2. The name of the character or airframe is described to comment of your art.
  3. The reprint from Comic Yurihime or anime "Shimoun" is not good. Your orijinal Fan art is need for webmistress!
  4. Permit it when you contribute fan art drawing of the other people ....to the the fan-artist herself / himself.

Shimoun Fan-art post-contribution Bulletin board open!
in Japanese wiki page!

Adress is http://www.degitalscope.com/~mbspro/...oun/index.html

- Contribution method-
  1. If you pushed " 投稿(=Contribute)" of " お絵描きページ(= Fan art post contribute board ) " , the page is changed
    " 投稿画像確認(=Contribution image confirmation)"
  2. "あなたの描いた絵の登録が成功し,添付が完了しました。"(=The registration of the picture that you drew succeeded and appending was completed.)
  3. "画面内上部の「閉じる」リンクにて、画面を閉じた後「投稿する」ボタンで投稿して下さい。(=Pleas e contribute with "Contribute" button in "Shut" link of the upper part in the screen after shutting the screen. "

First post is "Nevirill" by fan-artist Ms. Lemon-Kayama(Hundle name)

Last edited by Yui from Okinawa; 2006-05-05 at 00:51.
Yui from Okinawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-04, 22:54   Link #308
Yui from Okinawa

Shimoun Fan art post Bulletin board open!

Regulations
  1. Fan art of making concerning "Shimoun" by yourself or coopolate with your friends. (Include it in C.G Collage okay).
  2. The name of the character or airframe is described to comment of your art.
  3. The reprint from Comic Yurihime or anime "Shimoun" is not good. Your orijinal Fan art is need for webmistress!
  4. Permit it when you contribute fan art drawing of the other people ....to the the fan-artist herself / himself.

Shimoun Fan-art post-contribution Bulletin board open!
in Japanese wiki page!

Adress is http://www.degitalscope.com/~mbspro/...oun/index.html

- Contribution method-
  1. If you pushed " 投稿(=Contribute)" of " お絵描きページ(= Fan art post contribute board ) " , the page is changed
    " 投稿画像確認(=Contribution image confirmation)"
  2. "あなたの描いた絵の登録が成功し,添付が完了しました。"(=The registration of the picture that you drew succeeded and appending was completed.)
  3. "画面内上部の「閉じる」リンクにて、画面を閉じた後「投稿する」ボタンで投稿して下さい。(=Pleas e contribute with "Contribute" button in "Shut" link of the upper part in the screen after shutting the screen. "

First post is "Nevirill" by fan-artist Ms. Lemon-Kayama(Hundle name)

Last edited by Yui from Okinawa; 2006-05-05 at 00:53.
Old 2006-05-04, 23:10   Link #309
Yui from Okinawa

I remenber The Gods of Xuma !!

I remenber The Gods of Xuma and The Left Hand of Darkness

Last edited by Yui from Okinawa; 2006-05-04 at 23:28. Reason: False post
Old 2006-05-05, 00:12   Link #310
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui from Okinawa
I remenber The Gods of Xuma and The Left Hand of Darkness
Have you read Commitment Hour, by James Alan Gardner? (Available here: http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/...632233-3545043 .) It's excellent, and touches on the same sort of dilemma that Eri(f) faced, and that Aaeru may or may not be wrestling with.

The short stories of John Varley and Rachel Pollack also seem relevant....
Old 2006-05-05, 00:26   Link #311
Yui from Okinawa

Yes I order Commitment Hour Amazon USA 2weeks ago....

Yesterday EMS parcel reached, but I've just onky a few pages.....
But I imagine that contents is resemble to Simoun world...
Old 2006-05-05, 00:45   Link #312
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Some unanswered questions

1. Does Simulacrum have a carrier fleet, or is Arcus Prima one-of-a-kind?
  2. Are there ground-based Simoun, or is the force based on Arcus Prima (and hypothetical sister ships) all there is?
  3. Simulacrum appears to be able to manufacture Simile; can they build new Simoun, or is that a lost technology?
  4. How significant a blow was the loss of Chor Cup? Was it a catastrophic loss of up to a quarter of an irreplaceable resource, or was it just the first of many skirmishes in a long war between two large forces?
  5. How big is Simulacrum? The Simoun appear to travel at subsonic speeds (similar to a first-generation jet fighter, perhaps?), and rely solely on visual sightings to detect opposing forces, and entire chor appear to operate together when they sortie. Is Arcus Prima's Simoun group actually providing full patrol coverage for the whole nation?
  6. Does Simulacrum have other classes of aircraft besides Simoun and Simile? Are there air transports, for example? How do personnel (Dominura, for example) travel between Arcus Prima and the ground?
  7. How do citizens of nations other than Simulacrum and Argentum deal with sex selection? Presumably, they don't come to Simulacrum's Spring... so what do they do?
  8. If Aaeru was a cadet at the southern front, and the Simoun are the only effective forces, and Aaeru had never flown a real Simoun before being assigned to the Arcus Prima, what forces are engaged on that front? Mass-produced Simile? Simoun that Aaeru just wasn't assigned to? Some sort of ground troops?
  9. If Argentum and Simulacrum share a land border, why did the Argentine fleet need to cross the ocean to attack in the first episode?
  10. Are parachutes a lost technology?
  11. Is the Ri Maajon image in one Simoun's gem repeated in the gems of other Simoun in the same chor? If not, how does a chor coordinate which Ri Maajon to perform when its communication cables are disengaged?
  12. We've seen the Sibylla, Wapourif's maintenance crew, and the bridge crew. How many more crew members are needed to operate the Arcus Prima?
  13. Do other nations also adhere to the religion of the Tempus Spatium, or is that unique to Simulacrum?
  14. Does Simulacrum have the highest level of leftover lost technology, or are there other states with different kinds of applied phlebotinum?
  15. Is the Ri Maajon magic, technology, or a miracle?
  16. What is the large cone-shaped hill in the opening credits? The one covered with buildings, with a cantilever airstrip and some other projection sticking out of it? I've been calling it the "citadel," but what is its actual function?
  17. What is that other funny thing sticking out of the citadel, that angles up into the sky at a thirty to forty-five degree angle?
  18. Are there other interesting places on the ground in Simulacrum besides the Spring and the citadel?
  19. Is the water surrounding the citadel a river, a lake, or an estuary? Do the boats on it trade with other nations?
  20. How open are Simulacrum's borders for trade with other nations? Are there Argentine spies hidden among the population, trying to steal technological secrets?
  21. Is Onashia really the head of state, or is "Grand Shrine Empress" just a courtesy title?
  22. What other clergy does the religion of the Tempus Spatium have? Do retired Sibylla who have spent their formative years as priestesses frequently take religious vows?
  23. Aren't other nations worried about the rise of the Argentine war machine? Might Simulacrum find allies somewhere?
  24. How do the dragonfly fighters land?
  25. How are the dragonfly fighters recovered aboard their carriers?
  26. How do the dragonfly fighters work? It doesn't look like the "wings" would provide enough lift -- is it supposed to be a lifting body shape?
  27. Can anyone fly a Simile, or is it also limited to Sibylla who haven't chosen a sex?
  28. Do the Simoun have a maximum range?
Spoiler for episode 5:

Last edited by Futaba-chan; 2006-05-05 at 01:06.
Old 2006-05-05, 00:46   Link #313
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui from Okinawa
I think you'll enjoy it. You might enjoy the rest of his "League of Peoples" series -- it's unrelated to Simoun, but it's both enjoyable and thought-provoking. (Especially Oar. :-) )
Old 2006-05-05, 01:23   Link #314
Yui from Okinawa

I can Anser Question 9 only.....

Quote:
Some unanswered questions

9.If Argentum and Simulacrum share a land border, why did the Argentine fleet need to cross the ocean to attack in the first episode?

Trans Japanese: 

銀とシムラークルム宮国が土地境界を共有する場合、なぜアルゲントゥムの艦隊は、第1エピソードにおいて、 攻撃のため、海洋を横断する必要がありましたか?
1. "Simulacrum Imperial princess country" separated across the ocean from "Argentum Shou Nation".(=Argentum "Atoll" or "reef" Nation)

2. In Episode 5, Enemy Anti-Air Tank Unit is belonged to "Purunbum Rei-Koku"
(=Purunbum Ridge Nation).

3."Purunbum Ridge Nation" shared Steep mountain range to border "Simulacrum Imperial princess country"

The Some of English Fan-Sub otaku has mis-understand to confuse When "A" is "B", "Argentum Shou Nation" is the "Purunbum Ridge Nation"
"Purunbum Ridge Nation" shared Steep mountain range to "Simulacrum Imperial princess country"

"Argentum Shou Nation" far from the Simulacrum, over the ocean.
But "Purunbum Ridge Nation" near to the Simulacrum, only shared Steep mountain range.

Last edited by Yui from Okinawa; 2006-05-05 at 06:38.
Old 2006-05-05, 07:37   Link #315
Yui from Okinawa

10.Are parachutes a lost technology?

The hypothesis (ostrich algorithm)
There is rarely happening what, and, therefore, the idea of not needing dealing.
There is no .."Airframe that the god gave".. ..degeneration.. must...
It is imprudent to think when falling.

Up to now, it had gone well by it.
However, measures for safety and the escape device will be necessary in the
future. (Zvezda "K-36DM" zero-zero ejection seat and Martin Baker Mark 7 ejection seat so on ...)

On the other hand, I write fiction interview article "Interview with Halconf"
http://www.geocities.jp/emiri_0623/dragon-fly-e4.htm
Quote:
The enemy's "Single-pal" has to defend body from the gas for the buoyancy station oneself at even the control compartment, those who control fully equip the goggle with the helmet, and, in addition, wear the whole body protective wear to the body parachutes.
Oh,Is it a very tight, pitiful, just isolate-enemy 's pal...

Last edited by Yui from Okinawa; 2006-05-05 at 08:43.
Old 2006-05-05, 09:44   Link #316
Seska

Quote:
11. Is the Ri Maajon image in one Simoun's gem repeated in the gems of other Simoun in the same chor? If not, how does a chor coordinate which Ri Maajon to perform when its communication cables are disengaged?

Yes. How then the others know what kind of Ri Maajon they must perform?... I dont saw any cables either... But they need some sort of leader... (to many cooks destroys the meal or so)

xx. How do citizens of nations other than Simulacrum and Argentum deal with sex selection? Presumably, they don't come to Simulacrum's Spring... so what do they do?

Like we do it in our time. With Hormone... Today you can give a man, woman hormone to let them change sex.. Well, until the last part... you know.. but breats can raise from his chest... and that kind of stuff works on a woman, too. Give a Woman Man hormone, and she will lose her woman chest, and build up some muscles... Why do you think that some "Amazones" (Oympia these girls that lift this heavy wights) looks like men above the upper part )
Well, in Simoun the soldier said something equal too. when i remeber right.. He was forced to be a Men for the warmachine...

28. Do the Simoun have a maximum range?

As far as i know.. (Afaik) their Gems dry only out if they make the Ri Maajons. Therotical, they can flight as long they dont use to much Ri Maajons.. (Episode 01). The source of energy for the crystal must be the Pilots.... "you must pilote the Simoun with your body and soul" (some place in a Pool scene...) Body = direct piloting... and Soul perhaps for Ri Maajon and "engage" of them.

Spoiler for episode 5:
Well, what i tinking about it...

Mfg,
Seska

Last edited by Seska; 2006-05-05 at 11:37.
Seska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-05, 10:19   Link #317
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Since I am a person who loves to speculate about plot details I think I will try my luck with some of these questions.

Quote:
# Does Simulacrum have other classes of aircraft besides Simoun and Simile? Are there air transports, for example?
Well if they can have trains which seems to have an engine looking just like a bigger version of the Simoun engine, I would venture that they can build other types of aircraft if they need them.

Quote:
If Aaeru was a cadet at the southern front, and the Simoun are the only effective forces, and Aaeru had never flown a real Simoun before being assigned to the Arcus Prima, what forces are engaged on that front?
Maybe some ground based guns and fortifications like those the enemy had in episode 5 combined with Similes?

Quote:
If Argentum and Simulacrum share a land border, why did the Argentine fleet need to cross the ocean to attack in the first episode?
Looking for the element of surprise, getting around the fortified border and striking directly the heartland of Simulacrum, I guess. But why haven't they done earlier if that's the case?

Quote:
Can anyone fly a Simile, or is it also limited to Sibylla who haven't chosen a sex?
Considering that Aeru had no idea about the special rituals involved in flying the Simouns, I'd say it's possible for anyone to fly a Simile but probably most of them are used by people under 17 as a means to train future Sybillas.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-05, 11:36   Link #318
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Thanks for the questions, Futaba-chan. Too bad I don't have many answers, lol.

5. The magazine pages posted earlier say that Simulacrum is "small," is in the mountains, and has no seas. So I think it is likely small enough for one or a few Arcus vessels to cover.

9. The same page says that there are "a hundred and some tens" of countries on Daikuuriku, and names Simulacrum Palace (Shrine?) Country, Argentum Reef Country, and Purunbum Ridge Country. As Yui posted, Purunbum is supposed to share a land border with Simulacrum, and is the source of the attack in episode 5, but Argentum is across water.

19. Since the magazine page said that Simulacrum had no seas, I guess the citadel hill is in a lake in the mountains. I have been thinking of that as the capital, where the Pool of the Grand Shrine is located、but I don't really know for sure.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-05, 12:20   Link #319
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
Too bad I don't have many answers, lol.
If you did, they wouldn't be "unanswered." :-) I was pleasantly surprised that there was a definitive answer to even one of them (thanks, Yui!)... but it's fun to speculate.
Old 2006-05-05, 13:02   Link #320
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
19. Since the magazine page said that Simulacrum had no seas, I guess the citadel hill is in a lake in the mountains. I have been thinking of that as the capital, where the Pool of the Grand Shrine is located、but I don't really know for sure.
Spoiler for episode 2:

Last edited by Futaba-chan; 2006-05-05 at 16:31.

Tags
drama, science fiction, yuri