AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-04-03, 16:36   Link #41
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
omg, another random harem with anoter random whatever mc/clueless which can't see the girls are in love with him and even while he want a girlfriend he is just to freaking stupid to notice the things, really why this sort of mc is so popular among the otakus why is so hard to see a mc which actually more "mainly" or "normal" toward girls(i'm not asking for pervs mcs).

this is one of the reasons is so hard for me watch/root for harems most of the times or the mc is a near (gay) guy or a stupid overthetop perve, we rarelly get a balance here.
Hey, hey. Cut the kid some slack. She is a goddess so he can't just pull some cheap moves on her.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 16:40   Link #42
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

He's also 14 years old. It's an awkward age.
Old 2015-04-03, 16:42   Link #43
VDZ

Can't say I like the characters and their interactions so far. The protagonist is utterly pathetic in every way (combined with the typical shounen-style 'I will ganbatte harder to overcome my problems!'), and the goddess hasn't really done anything except being jealous that the donkan protagonist is being attracted to other girls while being ignorant of her feelings.

On the other hand, the setting will at least make me watch for another episode and possibly for the rest of the season. There really aren't enough anime set in typical RPG settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-kun View Post
The world reminds me of Etrian Odyssey, which is fantastic. I hope that there will be FOE-type enemies soon. The characters and plot do not appeal so far.
My thoughts exactly! During the episode I was thinking, 'man, with some changes this could be Etrian Odyssey: The Anime'.

So why is there no EO anime yet?
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 16:43   Link #44
kyuudere

Oh, pretty nice. Better than I expected. That soundtrack is pretty good.
Bell's voice isn't as annoying as I thought it would be. Nice job there Yoshitsugu.

Kami-sama is just too cute (and lewd).

Spoiler for kami-sama is angry at you:
kyuudere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 16:51   Link #45
VDZ

Quote:
omg, another random harem with anoter random whatever mc/clueless which can't see the girls are in love with him and even while he want a girlfriend he is just to freaking stupid to notice the things, really why this sort of mc is so popular among the otakus why is so hard to see a mc which actually more "mainly" or "normal" toward girls(i'm not asking for pervs mcs).

this is one of the reasons is so hard for me watch/root for harems most of the times or the mc is a near chickening guy or a full clueless mc which can't undesrtand the girls having hots for him or a jut stupid overthetop perve, we rarelly get a balance here.

i really hate how most of the harem you can classifie the mc in 3 types
perv
clueless
coward
Old 2015-04-03, 17:01   Link #46
HandofFate

There's actually a lot of attention to detail in the backgrounds and character designs here than I expected for a LN anime.
Looking forward to it.
Old 2015-04-03, 17:02   Link #47
Mentar
Banned

*shrug*

If you ask me what's _really_ cliche in the anime world, then I'd list the hater crew that invariably pops up for every show of this genre. Just like their whines that follow, able to figure out a show after 5 minutes.

Thanks for nothing, kids. No point in forcing yourself to consume this material, please find yourself better matches for your palate. The door is here, please close it from the outside. Thank you.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 17:15   Link #48
Dahak86
Classics never age

Images
I see no other reason to watch this
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Quote:
for harems most of the times or the mc is a near chickening guy or a full clueless mc which can't undesrtand the girls having hots for him or a jut stupid overthetop perve, we rarelly get a balance here.
Because balance is boring.
Old 2015-04-03, 17:23   Link #49
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
Because balance is boring.
You wouldn't know since it's so rare.
Old 2015-04-03, 17:34   Link #50
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Hey, hey. Cut the kid some slack. She is a goddess so he can't just pull some cheap moves on her.
and she can?, because she want him to notice and take her and keep making movies you know like all the cliches harem where the girls keep making movies but the guy still pretty much "meh" to then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newprimus View Post
He's also 14 years old. It's an awkward age.
but he want a girlfriend this is the title of this novel. he looking for it, even for that age is not hard see a girl saying, you have a girl at your side and bla bla bla and no notice, really this is a harem thing.

that is my problem on harem most of the times we have some "lamen" excuse for the mc, he is too young, he have some woman disease, some mental issue, aways have a excuse to be like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDZ View Post
Can't say I like the characters and their interactions so far. The protagonist is utterly pathetic in every way (combined with the typical shounen-style 'I will ganbatte harder to overcome my problems!'), and the goddess hasn't really done anything except being jealous that the donkan protagonist is being attracted to other girls while being ignorant of her feelings.

On the other hand, the setting will at least make me watch for another episode and possibly for the rest of the season. There really aren't enough anime set in typical RPG settings.

My thoughts exactly! During the episode I was thinking, 'man, with some changes this could be Etrian Odyssey: The Anime'.

So why is there no EO anime yet?
that is a trooper which i hate in most of the harems, for the sake of "harem state" the mc must be clueless or stupid or coward or perve as possible, he rarelly is aware or honest ro himself until near the end "when this happen"(what also not happen so often, some mcs ending in the same way or even worsth in some cases)

Quote:
yeah really this guy deservers the kodaka award of being oblivious the girl can speak in his face and he will still clueless like she is speaking a unknow language

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
yeah, that what make me sad is really rare i barelly can recall that sort of genre have a more "normal mc", than the overthetop cliches stereotypes.
Old 2015-04-03, 17:37   Link #51
Malicre

There will always be fanboys
Malicre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 17:40   Link #52
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
To say he's utterly pathetic in every way is taking it way too far. Did you not notice him handling himself quite well when he was fighting monsters of his own level? He's quick and seems fairly competent when he's not faced with a Minotaur from the 17th floor. Is he pathetically dense? Yes, he is quite dense, but that comes with the territory of being a 14-year-old.

And yes, I find the dense MC's to be annoying as well, and his excitability is also probably going to irritate me as well as it conflicts considerably with my own personality, however he's not completely pathetic.

Quote:
yeah really this guy deservers the kodaka award of being oblivious the girl can speak in his face and he will still clueless like she is speaking a unknow language.
For starters, Kodaka isn't dense, at all.

Spoiler for Other show.:
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 17:46   Link #53
AntonKutovoi

Quote:
that is my problem on harem most of the times we have some "lamen" excuse for the mc, he is too young, he have some woman disease, some mental issue, aways have a excuse to be like that.

that is a trooper which i hate in most of the harems, for the sake of "harem state" the mc must be clueless or stupid or coward or perve as possible, he rarelly is aware or honest ro himself until near the end "when this happen"(what also not happen so often, some mcs ending in the same way or even worsth in some cases)

yeah, that what make me sad is really rare i barelly can recall that sort of genre have a more "normal mc", than the overthetop cliches stereotypes.
Well, there's always Rance for the cases, when you need a harem protagonist, who knows his ways around the girls
If we don't count him, since he is hentai protagonist, there's also Grisaia no Kajitsu MC (who is technically also hentai protagonist, but since anime adaptation isn't hentai...).
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 17:52   Link #54
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
And it's not that hard to understand why it's so rare.
Old 2015-04-03, 17:53   Link #55
kyuudere

Agree with Metaneo, Kodaka is aware of Sena and Yozora's feelings toward him.

-----

Well, I only read the manga for 18 chapters or so...
But I think if the story more focused on the adventure, not the romance, I'd love to continue to watch this series.
kyuudere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 17:56   Link #56
Mentar
Banned

The thing is: I can perfectly understand if people don't like Bell, based on episode 1. And if this is a problem for you, also perfectly understandable. MOVE ON TO GREENER PASTURES.

I simply find it tiring having to tolerate the nuisance of the recurring hating club time and time and time again. It's clearly impossible for action romcom harems to have an episode 1 without having people barf all over the keyboard in an oblivious/disgusted way to voice their contempt that the show simply refuses to adhere to their tastes.

And Malicre: This site is called "Animesuki" - loving anime. Fanboi central. If you want cesspools, please try 2ch, 4ch, or the various hater blogs. You'll probably feel just at home there.

About Bell: Hestia is his _goddess_, someone who watches over you. She's not dating material to him, he sees her as waaay above him. Yes, he is naive, but he sure isn't useless and he most definitely is no coward.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 17:57   Link #57
Amiluhur
Gondok

The only thing i liked about the premiere is the medieval fantasy landscape and the BGM, while everything else was meh. The jealous goddess was borderline annoying, the expositions in particular was clumsy, and i couldn't careless about some random fights with the monster. I was also rather disappointed by the fact that rather than establishing what kind of fantastical setting the show revolves around, they instead focus to have the MC meeting cute girls one after another. The main appeal of fantasy genre for me is the wide scope fantastical setting, which this episode rather failed to deliver.
Amiluhur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 18:00   Link #58
VDZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaneo View Post
To say he's utterly pathetic in every way is taking it way too far. Did you not notice him handling himself quite well when he was fighting monsters of his own level? He's quick and seems fairly competent when he's not faced with a Minotaur from the 17th floor.
Though recklessly going further than he's capable of and then cowering in fear before a too powerful monsters was pathetic, and so was his running away after the danger had passed, as well as his pathetic way of asking info from that one girl, the part that really made me feel he was utterly pathetic was in the tavern, where he not only flipped out but even ran away crying just because someone was saying mean things about him (and not even to his face). I can understand not being able to handle personal criticism, but that was just utterly pathetic.
Old 2015-04-03, 18:02   Link #59
Enternal

Seriously what the hell happened here?

Hestia is his benefactor so he has his reasons why he does not view as as a potential girlfriend material. So he becomes oblivious to her. He wants a girlfriend yes but Hestia is not one of his potential choices at this point. She's a goddess, his benefactor, and his family. She may have other feelings for him but at the moment, that's not how he sees it.

What matters is how their relationship will develop in the future.

Quote:
Though recklessly going further than he's capable of and then cowering in fear before a too powerful monsters was pathetic, and so was his running away after the danger had passed, as well as his pathetic way of asking info from that one girl, the part that really made me feel he was utterly pathetic was in the tavern, where he not only flipped out but even ran away crying just because someone was saying mean things about him (and not even to his face). I can understand not being able to handle personal criticism, but that was just utterly pathetic.
Awesome! Yeah yeah yeah he's pathetic. It's the 1st freaking episode. Let see how he turns out. Besides, everyone here is never pathetic before in their lives. Right? We never cower in fear because we're just too manly to do so.

If he continues to be this way, then your feeling is fine. But it's the 1st episode. We all have to start somewhere and so does he.
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 18:04   Link #60
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiluhur View Post
The only thing i liked about the premiere is the medieval fantasy landscape and the BGM, while everything else was meh. The jealous goddess was borderline annoying, the expositions in particular was clumsy, and i couldn't careless about some random fights with the monster. I was also rather disappointed by the fact that rather than establishing what kind of fantastical setting the show revolves around, they instead focus to have the MC meeting cute girls one after another. The main appeal of fantasy genre for me is the wide scope fantastical setting, which this episode rather failed to deliver.
Did you read the name of this serie???
Cmon, its the first chapter, you expect that everything is explained in those 24 min without introducing some characters?? At least say that after chapter 2 or 3....

Tags
dungeon crawler, dungeons, elves, fantasy, goddesses, gods, light novel adaptation