AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-06-12, 14:17   Link #161
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Big mistake by the English goalkeeper Robert Green there. He should have gotten that one.
Old 2010-06-12, 14:19   Link #162
Mr.Amazing
Enjoy

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
Big mistake by the English goalkeeper Robert Green there.

IIRC, he's not the first choice goalkeeper. Paul Robison is suppose to be the first choice of England. Strange that he's not playing.
Very big mistake, but I'll take it though. Let's go USA!
Mr.Amazing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-12, 14:20   Link #163
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

well... that was one fugly mistake fo sho....
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-12, 14:20   Link #164
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Sucks to be Rob Green. That was a horribly amateur mistake, honestly what is it with England and screw up goalkeepers? Even if this turns out well nobody will let him forget that.
Old 2010-06-12, 14:28   Link #165
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Not surprising for their Goalkeeper :

-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-12, 14:29   Link #166
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety View Post
Sucks to be Rob Green. That was a horribly amateur mistake, honestly what is it with England and screw up goalkeepers? Even if this turns out well nobody will let him forget that.
Yeah, if I were him, I seriously can't show my face to the supporters any longer. I wonder if Capello will replace him for the second half? And seriously, you guys got great players in pretty much all position, except for Goalkeepers. Even when they're good they're not particularly world-class, and in critical moments makes stupid mistakes. Not just Robert Green here, but also Paul Robinson, Scott Carson, etc...Who was the last great England Goalkeeper again?

In any case, this will be one interesting second half for sure...
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-12, 14:31   Link #167
hinakatbklyn

I don't think the US is going to give that goal back. But the US still needs to score again to make it count.
Old 2010-06-12, 14:45   Link #168
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:
Who was the last great England Goalkeeper again?
Gordon Banks. Which was too long ago.

Even David Seaman managed to finish his career with a facepalm moment being completely off his line during the freekick.
Old 2010-06-12, 14:53   Link #169
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Gordon Banks. Which was too long ago.

Even David Seaman managed to finish his career with a facepalm moment being completely off his line during the freekick.
Are you talking about the World Cup 2002 here? The one where Ronaldinho managed to score a great goal from a freekick that completely caught David Seaman off-guard or something?

If you are, I remember that freekick like it was yesterday, even though it's been 8 years and I was around 10 years old. I remember watching it on TV, and from that moment on, I used to worship Ronaldinho back in the day.

Here's the video:

Old 2010-06-12, 14:56   Link #170
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

PS:
Green got a little face back XD

And yes I am talking bout the Ronaldinho goal the kick itself was great but fact was Seaman was completely off his line, you just shouldnt make a mistake like that against a freekick. He was stumbling over himself to run back, it was painful to watch.
Old 2010-06-12, 15:04   Link #171
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Quote:
PS:
Green got a little face back XD

And yes I am talking bout the Ronaldinho goal the kick itself was great but fact was Seaman was completely off his line, you just shouldnt make a mistake like that against a freekick. He was stumbling over himself to run back, it was painful to watch.
Yeah, but for me it's not as bad as this one. It IS a foolish mistake, but Ronaldinho kick was that good that maybe even if Seaman was in a proper position he may not be able to save it. Maybe.

And yeah, that was a good save but not enough to get him out yet. After all, he was lucky it hits the frame, as a world class GK is expected to catch it. Seriously, you want to see good GK, watch Enyoume, Nigeria's GK in the match earlier against Argentina. Stopped at least a dozen shot on target, sure his team still lost but it wasn't his fault, and without him the loss will be much more severe.
Old 2010-06-12, 15:11   Link #172
Who

Ugh, can't believe I went to sleep and missed most of the match. I'm guessing England has been applying most of the pressure throughout the game? That what it looked like in the last 5 minutes I was watching.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-12, 15:16   Link #173
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
Ugh, can't believe I went to sleep and missed most of the match. I'm guessing England has been applying most of the pressure throughout the game? That what it looked like in the last 5 minutes I was watching.
Yeah, England took an early lead with a goal from Gerrard but a few minutes before half time, continuing the legacy of England's GK blunders Green fumbled an easy shot to make the score 1-1. And although England dominates most of the match, US put on a good defending and none of the England's attackers has been clinical. US got in some dangerous counter as well too, so in this last 5 minutes if someone is not careful a goal would makes a great difference for the rest of the group rounds.
Old 2010-06-12, 15:20   Link #174
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

It's the end , 1-1 . Lulz for Green , what will happen to him after the match
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-12, 15:25   Link #175
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Yeah, England took an early lead with a goal from Gerrard but a few minutes before half time, continuing the legacy of England's GK blunders Green fumbled an easy shot to make the score 1-1. And although England dominates most of the match, US put on a good defending and none of the England's attackers has been clinical. US got in some dangerous counter as well too, so in this last 5 minutes if someone is not careful a goal would makes a great difference for the rest of the group rounds.
I see, I see.

Ah well, good to see the U.S. can play it relatively evenly with England.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-12, 15:26   Link #176
imbehindyou
turn around...

Yay a tie great job by US team~

yuuki kanade @ fortune arterial
imbehindyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-12, 15:28   Link #177
hinakatbklyn

It became a defensive match for the US, but they got through it. 1 point is better than 0.
Old 2010-06-12, 15:30   Link #178
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Well, it ended in a draw in the end...fair enough, I suppose. US got a lucky goal but they played well too. I still don't see Algeria or Slovakia to really put on a real competition in passing the group, though they may show a surprise tomorrow, who knows. One thing for sure though, Green (and by extension Capello) wil defnintely be lambasted by the English fans and press for that blunder.
Old 2010-06-12, 15:33   Link #179
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

This WC has many unexpected results (at least I wasn't expecting some of them). I guess I will loose the first round in the little betting game we have running at my workplace.

What I found particularily interesting, is the weak performance of France (okay I know they lag a sniper... but so much pressing and no goal... thats well unexpected), and Englands (UK) weak performance today -no further comment-. The US players had some nice scenes based on their team interaction in the play, it is more concerted. And lets be honest, they really worked for this 1:1. It seemed to me as if they ran twice the distance of the UK players.
Old 2010-06-12, 15:33   Link #180
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Haha, I think everything that has to be said about Green has already been said. That was indeed an unbelievable mistake.

Earliest goal of the World Cup now belongs to Gerrard, and it's splendidly deserved. However, the goal probably came a bit too early, because England failed to keep up the momentum, allowing USA to keep threatening their box. By the time England turned up the tempo in the second half, it was already perhaps too late.

USA truly proved their mettle in this immensely tense, tactical match, successfully shutting down Rooney and Hesky, thus nullifying whatever strike potential England had. It'll be completely unfair to say that equaliser came from a lucky strike. USA definitely earned it.

That said, England didn't do all that badly either, lacking only the kind of offensive power that Spain and Argentina might have. Of course, that would prove their ultimate undoing, but all the same, they stand good chances of advancing into the quarter-finals.

Awesome game. Loved every minute of it, as did everyone here at the McD restaurant.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fifa, football, soccer, sports, world cup