AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier: Sayonara no Tsubasa Movie Rating
Perfect 10 40 42.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 34.74%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 12.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 5.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.11%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-10, 06:26   Link #3761
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
LMK, could you point out which parts of the series make you think Ranka is suspicious of Grace? To me it seems more like she's just really uncomfortable with the situation. Even her bringing up that Grace has Sheryl to manage seemed more like her trying to get out of a situation she's uncomfortable with then something brought up out distrust.
Like I told magnus before, when I'm finished moving apartments. My DVDs have already been packed. I won't be fully moved until sometime in June or July, sadly. Trust me, no one wants my DVDs right now more than me. I need to edit and I can't replace them on my external hard drive. (Damn that 150GB limit!) So be patient with that... I miss them too. Thank god for streaming Internet... though the loss of Megaupload to download the clips discourages me.
Old 2012-02-10, 13:00   Link #3762
magnuskn

Eh, forgot to put it behind a spoiler wall. Editing that in now.

Spoiler for Space saving:

Last edited by magnuskn; 2012-02-10 at 13:49.
Old 2012-02-10, 14:18   Link #3763
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Saving space!

Spoiler for to magnus:
Old 2012-02-11, 13:04   Link #3764
magnuskn

And my response for the day:

Spoiler for As to not bother others:
Old 2012-02-13, 04:30   Link #3765
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Ah, I'm late... hope you don't mind.

Spoiler for my response:
Old 2012-02-13, 11:16   Link #3766
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
Ah, I'm late... hope you don't mind.
No problem, I am immensely stressed out anyway and have little time to give detailed answers. And that won't change until the beginning of March at the very least.
Spoiler for Space:
Old 2012-03-13, 11:29   Link #3767
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

"If Michel had died, that'd be pretty emotional, wouldn't it?"
Old 2012-04-01, 22:42   Link #3768
jho

Just finally got around to watching this, was kind of surprised by the direction the ending took, I really expected a more open ended ending, not that i'm complaining lol.
Old 2012-04-02, 22:39   Link #3769
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

^
I wasn't, considering how the series ended. But, I'm wondering if you meant the war bit or the romance bit. In my opinion, the romance was solely based on what the writers felt was the better profit. Still, it is the highlight of animation for me, despite the fact I'm still solely disagreeing that my favorite character lost the love triangle.
Old 2012-04-03, 00:04   Link #3770
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jho View Post
Just finally got around to watching this, was kind of surprised by the direction the ending took, I really expected a more open ended ending, not that i'm complaining lol.
Oh, most of us aren't.

But no surprises if you hanged with us long enough, considering Kawamori spoiled us silly a while back regarding the ending. Which was a good thing, considering a vast majority (from both ends) were downright pissed at the open ending of the original series. And I have to say, it was the dumbest, if not the most fucking retarded ending I have ever seen, considering what had went on in the previous episodes.

This of course, does not include the sentiments of individuals who wanted to outright crucify a certain green...

Thankfully, the 2nd movie ended with the SOLE, LOGICAL conclusion to that question.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2012-04-03 at 00:17.
Old 2012-04-03, 00:31   Link #3771
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

^
But overall, the series had better pacing story wise than the movies. Best of both worlds, I guess.
Old 2012-04-03, 01:22   Link #3772
Tak

I would have been much happier if there were more dogfights with massive Valkyrie fleets than Alto flying solo. The first movie had Princess & Banana's second battle-ballade, and it was nicely done. I cannot be blamed for wanting to see much, much more in the second.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2012-04-03, 02:11   Link #3773
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
And I have to say, it was the dumbest, if not the most fucking retarded ending I have ever seen, considering what had went on in the previous episodes.

- Tak
Mass Effect 3 managed to top that. Seriously, it did.
Old 2012-04-03, 04:14   Link #3774
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I would have been much happier if there were more dogfights with massive Valkyrie fleets than Alto flying solo. The first movie had Princess & Banana's second battle-ballade, and it was nicely done. I cannot be blamed for wanting to see much, much more in the second.

- Tak
Well, I agree that there should have been more fights in the series. I had hoped there would be tons of mecha but the series disappointed me there. But for the story and plot, the series had better pacing than the movie that had so many plots overlapped that it could easily confuse people unless they paid close attention to every detail.

In my personal opinion, the first movie put me to sleep. The first fight - epic, and lovely, completely took me into the action - but for the 1hr and 10mins after, it was a snore fest. There was drama, angst, romance, and character development that - for people who'd seen the series - was not necessary. (Well, at least the drama piece.) There was too much of a serious tone to the first movie that it bored me half to death. I fell asleep midway. Then the final fight came along and captured me again. However, I had to find out that soon after that fight... the movie was OVER. I didn't like that one bit.

Now the second movie: that was just freaking win with mecha. I loved all the fights, including the Alto and Brera dogfight (even though there is still no victor). I think that it has to be credited at least for the amount of effort the studio gave for those fights. That was awesome.
Old 2012-04-03, 07:04   Link #3775
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Mass Effect 3 managed to top that. Seriously, it did.
You really did not like that, huh?

Old 2012-04-03, 07:08   Link #3776
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
You really did not like that, huh?
Dude. I am angry to the point of depression about it. Almost a month after the game came out. I wasn't this angry about the ending for Frontier TV and you all know how much I hated that shit. I can't go back to playing the game again because it just sickens me to my stomach, thinking about how pointless all of it was, due to those absolutely awful, stomach-turning, vomit-inducing endings.

That is how I feel about it.
Old 2012-04-03, 09:28   Link #3777
Tak

So I ... watched the ending. I never played the series... and if I didn't know any better, I'd think Tomino directed the entire game!

- Tak

Old 2012-04-03, 10:01   Link #3778
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Did you see the green, red or blue ending, Tak?

Oh, just to be on topic for once: My BD has finally arrived at my country. Maybe sometime in late june I'll finally be able to receive it? One can only hope...

Old 2012-04-03, 10:51   Link #3779
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Did you see the green, red or blue ending, Tak?
I seen all variants, and to me, they all end in pretty much the same way. I haven't played the game, so I cannot really relate to Maggy, but it definitely does not top Guilty Crown's own god-awful, vomit-inducing, stomach-revolting, gut-wrenching, writhe-in-pain ending...

- Tak

Old 2012-04-03, 11:01   Link #3780
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Didn't really see all that from GC's finale. You guys need to start using looser underpants, I guess...

And, YAY, the movie's coming to my state! FINALLY!!!

Closed Thread

Tags
mecha, movie, romance, science fiction, song