AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-01, 14:55   Link #881
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Episode 8

>Watanuki staring at naked Saya.

also dat hair

best scene from this week.

With so much blood in this one episode alone (stupid censoring) you will probably forget about the C part now

Saya "I will not let anyone else die!"
Yea that pretty much confirms everyone is gonna die >.>
Doesn't help his case that he's WAGGING HIS TAIL XD
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 15:56   Link #882
Byakou

Geez saya just sat there while all her classmates were getting killed. Sheesh girl, don't wait till people die to act >.> I woulda went after the monster when it was still in the courtyard.
Byakou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 16:08   Link #883
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

I wonder if Saya even cares about those people dying. She did show concern when her close friends (twins) were attacked/killed, same when her father fainted, but apart from that, it doesn't seems to bother her to see people being eaten.
She has to remind herself of her promise to start moving. She doesn't step in to save her classmates as I see it, but because she has to. Because she promised/vowed to.

It's pretty clear at that point that Saya isn't (completely) human on the emotional level: she knows no fear, no shame (of being seen naked), doesn't get the concept of love... she could all the same not be familiar with the feeling of empathy. Hence why she didn't try to save the backer either back in episode 3 or 4...
Old 2011-09-01, 16:33   Link #884
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
And ANN has some interviews with a few of the staff memebers.
Two things from this interview caught my attention:

Quote:
ANN: How much creative interaction did you have with CLAMP? Would you describe it as a “collaboration”?

TSUTOMU MIZUSHIMA (series director): I'm not sure to which extent we can talk about “collaboration,” but indeed my ideas have been incorporated here and there in the series.
So this means Clamp actually call the shots and the director has barely any control on the series. This explains a lot of things.

Quote:
ANN: Blood-C is very different from the other incarnations of this property - what was your goal going in for this show? Did you want it to fit in with Blood+ and the original film, or were you going for a completely different feel?

TM: Blood-C undoubtedly inherits and continues what started in Blood: The Last Vampire. At the same time, it feels remarkably different from its predecessors. And it couldn't be any other way, as that was the purpose of having CLAMP join the project.
So we were right that Blood-C is indeed a continuation to Blood TLV.

I suppose this also means they are retconing the manga (a shame!).
Old 2011-09-01, 16:57   Link #885
User165949
Disabled By Request

"it wasn't a tail"

now, with this "episode", the last third of this "series" has been reached,
can we joke about it? make fool of it? have a big loud laugh about it, the
clumsy writing and the lack of a goal and a consistency, and the
lack of any flavour and the repetitiveness of the worst aspects of it?

this might well be the worst series by production i.g ever, same for clamp ideas, and this episode in particular, the current worst; but maybe the next will be the new "champion"; who knows.

it seem to suck so much, I frankly don't want to read about it, much less writing
about it anymore. That's it.

who might be searching for something vastly more meaningful and complex,
might find shelter in Sora No Otoshimono OVA.

I sincerely hope someone in production i.g is completely aware of the failure, knows who's to blame, an thus might plan another Blood in a not so distant future.
User165949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 17:14   Link #886
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Why wasn't Tokizane more freaked out. Gotta like how dense Saya is. So what's wrong with the father now, can he no longer put up with the experiment. Lol the dog checking out Saya in the bath. Say keeps saying that she'll protect everyone in the village, but why did she not attack the elder bairn, or at least get out of the classroom so it doesn't target her classmates. Even when it started killing them she waited so long until she drew her sword. The censoring ruined the last few moments as well.
Old 2011-09-01, 18:44   Link #887
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Why wasn't Tokizane more freaked out. Gotta like how dense Saya is. So what's wrong with the father now, can he no longer put up with the experiment. Lol the dog checking out Saya in the bath.
Maybe he's losing the bet. Cafe guy was taunting him about how blood is thicker so maybe Cafe guy is the real relative or a member of the same species as Saya. Saya thinks that she is human but is not acting like a human. She does not think past what has been pre-programmed into her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Say keeps saying that she'll protect everyone in the village, but why did she not attack the elder bairn, or at least get out of the classroom so it doesn't target her classmates. Even when it started killing them she waited so long until she drew her sword. The censoring ruined the last few moments as well.
Because she wanted the Elder Bairn in close quarters so she could defeat it. Rule #1: Defeat Elder Bairn just like mom did.

If she had jumped out of the window, it would have skewered her. She has always protected herself first at the expense of the humans which was different from Blood:TLV's Saya. Rule #2: Come home safely.

She doesn't attack unless an Elder Bairn has killed a human. If it just happens to be standing there minding its own business, then Saya does a "Live and let live." and ignores it.
Rule #3: Protect everyone.

She doesn't think past those 3 pre-programmed rules. She's very concrete in her thinking.
Old 2011-09-01, 18:57   Link #888
hanashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxyz View Post
"it wasn't a tail"

this might well be the worst series by production i.g ever, same for clamp ideas, and this episode in particular, the current worst; but maybe the next will be the new "champion"; who knows.

it seem to suck so much, I frankly don't want to read about it, much less writing

I sincerely hope someone in production i.g is completely aware of the failure, knows who's to blame, an thus might plan another Blood in a not so distant future.
Soooo...you're going to stop watching it and posting about it in the forum, right? Right?
Old 2011-09-01, 21:37   Link #889
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
So this means Clamp actually call the shots and the director has barely any control on the series. This explains a lot of things.
Uh, I think you went to an extreme. CLAMP has most of the input in terms of story yet, but that hardly means Mizushima as barely any control. The way the story has been depicted so far (I mean pacing wise) has probably been mostly up to him, as later in the story he says he was trying to focus on the everyday life events in the first half of the story.

Quote:
I don't think this is what he meant...
Old 2011-09-02, 00:38   Link #890
User165949
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanashi View Post
posting about it in the forum, right? Right?
time for saving some bits in the interwebz world :nods:
User165949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-02, 00:45   Link #891
Xaturas

Wanted to give it a try when it got more eps (as I gave up on first ep, after fast forwarding it), but it seems later its as shitty as first ep was.
Good to know more time to waste on other animes.
And God, I'm even watching Sacred Seven, and that shit ain't one of high caliber to begin with ...
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-02, 00:46   Link #892
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxyz View Post
"it wasn't a tail"

This is a little off-topic, but there is NOTHING complex about Sora no Otoshimono (let alone meaningful). If you go and watch that, you'll be making a DOWNGRADE. Blood-C has more complexity to it in one syllable than that show has in its entire existence and concept (and that's NOT saying much of anything at all, as Blood-C isn't that complex as is).

But something doesn't have to be complex to be meaningful to people (or meaningful in general). There are enough bad or mediocre anime series with nonsensically huge fanbases to prove that fact. (I'd give examples, but it'd be dreadfully off-topic and it would start a flame war too heavily fueled by people's opinions and not their logic.)
Kismet-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-02, 00:55   Link #893
hoarfrost

I'm beginning to think that Saya standing around while people die may just be an effect of the directing. Perhaps these deaths are happening a lot faster in real time than they're being shown on screen. Perhaps the writers want to show people getting killed in gruesome ways and so they decide to pay no mind to the pesky circumstance that the people being killed are in proximity to the only person who can save them. Either of these is much preferable a possibility than that Saya's reaction time occasionally arbitrarily slows to glacial speed.
hoarfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-02, 02:49   Link #894
Silverwyrm

Tokizane wasn't in class, this means it is safe for "everyone to die"
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-02, 05:14   Link #895
YuriEcchiGirl

I'm definately gonna start watching this anime from the very first episode again soon! Right up to it's most current released episode so far! I'd be totally mad not to, being the huge CLAMP fangirl that I am
Old 2011-09-02, 05:24   Link #896
Key Board
Carbon

The reaction time of those people are too slow

Did they really need to get the order to scram before realizing it?

If it was me I would get out of the class when the first BANG! crash happened
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-02, 05:37   Link #897
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Two things from this interview caught my attention:

I suppose this also means they are retconing the manga (a shame!).
Did you even read the other interview, the one with Junichi Fujusaku (the screenwriter)?

He makes it quite clear that the idea was mostly Production IG's but they let CLAMP make major inputs - essentially let them take the driving seat - because that was the point to the show or something.

But this:
Quote:
Saya singing songs, being a meganekko (glasses-wearing girl) and her hairstyle are all features coming from CLAMP. I think all these elements are very CLAMP-like and I always appreciate it when the character designer is free to express his or her creativity in full. Freedom of creative expression like that is always the best thing for any project. At the same time, I was aware of the great number of differences between this Saya and the previous ones, so I intentionally did not use her surname, Otonashi, as I wanted to make clear with the audience we were dealing with two different characters. The continuity in the “Blood” world doesn't include the character being the same person; it's in the essence of the character itself.
pretty much makes it clear that it's not a direct sequel to TLV - and combined that with his comments about how TLV had more or less nothing but the very basics of a framestory, that they pretty much means Production IG never really wanted to do a proper "sequel" to TLV to begin with.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-02, 06:04   Link #898
PzIVf3

I wonder why she hesitate to jump out in the window and lure the monster out in the field so no one in the school gets killed. I only guess she fear for herself to reveal her true brutal character to the classmates but its too late. HHHHNNNNGGGG another bloody massacre.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-02, 06:19   Link #899
Kasirgan
Combat Detective IN SPACE

Or it might be because jumping would have meant an invitation to kill her on the spot. Also I guess hoarfrost is right: it's probably only the directing that makes everyone seem so slow. I suppose that spider-spike-thing is actually a lot faster than we could see.

And, MOAR CENSORED BLOOD, YAAAAY!
Kasirgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-02, 06:56   Link #900
Forsaken_Infinity

Kay so I finally got around to watching it. And holy shit what a bomb of an episode it was. So much happened that it's quite unbelievable that this is an episode in the same show as the first few episodes.

First off, SAYA IS HOT. LIKE INSANELY HOT. Sexiest character ever? Holy shit I absolutely loved that semi-insane face she made when she realized she hadn't a clue what she would do if something were to happen to her "father" and she was absolutely gorgeous throughout the episode. Gotta love how brutally abnormal her thought pattern is too. Dense doesn't really apply to her imo. It's rather that she thinks on a completely different track than normal humans do.

Second, the plot is finally on full gear now. So many subtle things happened this episode and we'll only see the full implications in the upcoming episodes. They did this much better than I expected them to, and I love it.

My only complaint this episode was the solar flares. Censoring is fine and all, but don't turn me blind over it >_>
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, blood, clamp, miko, production i.g.