AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-02, 05:15   Link #501
YuriEcchiGirl

I just can't get over how super cute & totally adorable all of the characters are in this series
Old 2011-09-02, 13:37   Link #502
Midonin
Last Engage

The Mirakurun single is everything I hoped it would be. A proud addition to my collection of show-within-a-show songs. Ayana Taketatsu has gone from fangirling over a magical girl to actually being one. It's a step up in the world, metafictionally.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-02, 22:32   Link #503
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
Ok, thanks. I just googled "deodorants for shoes" to confirm it and wow, it's true. lol There are special ones for feet, too. Learn something new everyday.
Not as varied as over in Japan or asia, but you can still get then in Supermarkets or CVS in U.S. They are basically foot powders.
Old 2011-09-05, 02:41   Link #504
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

I loved Yui from the start, since she is pretty much the only sane girl of the bunch and the perfect counter for Kyouko's craziness. Those twintails only helped improve her image even more. Too bad she won't keep it like that in future episodes.

And Akari is cute, even if she is the show's official Buttmonkey. I'm feeling increasingly bad for her being treated like that.
Old 2011-09-05, 03:16   Link #505
amasposu

Episode 9:

Spoiler for Episode 9.:
amasposu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-05, 09:59   Link #506
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
I loved Yui from the start, since she is pretty much the only sane girl of the bunch and the perfect counter for Kyouko's craziness. Those twintails only helped improve her image even more. Too bad she won't keep it like that in future episodes.

And Akari is cute, even if she is the show's official Buttmonkey. I'm feeling increasingly bad for her being treated like that.
I really think Yui's quiet and thoughtfulness came directly from being an osananajimi with the energetic Kyouko. Clearly, the personality of each girl was developed through childhood to support another. Kyouko was to spike up the fun, and Yui was to keep Kyouko in check...

*Start image about an alternative universe with an energetic Yui and a real quiet and thoughtful Kyouko*
Old 2011-09-05, 12:56   Link #507
Midonin
Last Engage

Yuru Yuri 10 - Groping in the Dark

That might be the first time I've seen tainan in an anime. The Loony Tunes-esque display of only the characters' eyes and mouths, combined with total darkness, lets one's imagination run wild. Whatever was going on in there, Chitose's reaction tells the story. The scene with the Buddha was funny, and really, Kyoko as a whole stole this episode. Her thoughts about leaping off the stage (or into magma...), her weird sense of gift giving, and her pillow fighting... she's one of my favorite characters from this season through her sheer persistence. Though I'm not sure her pillow fight was in accordance with the rules of the International Pillow Fighting League.

Poor Akari. Her house is where people get sequestered and presence goes to die. Looking forward to next week, with what looks like a flashback to childhood days.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-05, 14:08   Link #508
EroKing

Episode 10

Toshinou Kyouko, you were SPECTACULAR this week. Ayano, you must been enjoyed being groped in those various places by Kyouko

Akarin got no screentime again, I have a strong feeling she will get a decent one in the final episode. Else it would be pretty cruel on part of the producers
Old 2011-09-05, 15:36   Link #509
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

My god, Toshino Kyouko has limitless energy. She was definitely spectacular in this episode. Truly the star of this show (I'm sorry, Akarin, but... it's true). Chitose is a close runner-up, I laughed so damn hard when she plugged her nose and the blood starting flowing out of her eyes instead. I have to congratulate her on surviving this dangerous episode. Incidentally, I was kind of surprised even Ayano knew what her nosebleed meant. I love how everyone considers it a life-threatening condition, which it might truly be depending on the circumstances.

Chizuru has it easy compared to her sister, although I suppose she could die of dehydration if her fantasies lasted too long.
Old 2011-09-05, 15:56   Link #510
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Akari's lack of presence is spreading too much. Couldn't stop laughing this ep. Thoroughly enjoyed it From the walking in the dark to the pillow fight.
Old 2011-09-06, 00:06   Link #511
scr
my sides are in orbit

I think I had a classmate that was exactly like Toshino Kyouko
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
scr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 00:53   Link #512
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scr View Post
I think I had a classmate that was exactly like Toshino Kyouko
How do you "think" you had a classmate that was exactly like Kyouko? If your classmate was as energetic as Kyouko, I'm sure it'd be much more memorable and you'd have no doubts.

Kyouko ftw
Old 2011-09-06, 01:09   Link #513
King-Slayer

Loved the episode. Best part was Ayano's " Cover yourself Toshino Kyouko!!" and their pillow fight was awesome. Just Ayano and Chitose in general make this the best episode so far.

Last edited by King-Slayer; 2011-09-06 at 01:46.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 01:25   Link #514
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Kyouko had so much energy in this episode, just watching her antics made me tired...
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 02:19   Link #515
tezu

This episode was a one-girl show and it felt as if the entire episode was dedicated to this one girl. Toshino Kyoko was unbelievably hyper this week and all the second-year characters and their gags revolved around her: Ayano's crush, Chitose's fantasies, Chizuru's dislike for her and Yui's role as her manzai partner. Now that I think about it, the 2nd year characters are mainly defined by their attitude towards Kyoko. It wasn't that obvious until ep10 because the first-years usually make sure that the show's more balanced but now I'm really starting to wish for more screentime for Akari and Chinatsu. Ep10 was more entertaining than the previous two episodes, but it feels wrong that Kyoko gets all the attention when it's a show with four main girls in the cast. And Himawari was so right when she said that she and Sakurako didn't get much screentime to begin with in the intro.

P.S.: I like Yui's deadpan faces ("Suffer by yourself") and how she's embarrassed by woman-speak

Last edited by tezu; 2011-09-06 at 03:16.
tezu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 02:21   Link #516
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Is nobody going to help Chitose?!
Spoiler for Just to be safe.:
Old 2011-09-06, 10:26   Link #517
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I really lost it when Chitose tried to prevent her nose bleeding, and crying blood instead
Old 2011-09-06, 17:12   Link #518
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Is nobody going to help Chitose?!
Spoiler for Just to be safe.:
Clearly, her mystic eyes of yuri perception have developed to the point her glasses can't suppress their power anymore. She needs to get a strong pair. The cast needs to go on a quest to find Miss Blue.
Old 2011-09-06, 21:57   Link #519
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Chitose lose way to much blood and now even from her eyes
Old 2011-09-06, 21:58   Link #520
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

That poor girl. When she bled out her eyes she took it like a bloody champ. No pun intended.

Tags
comedy, ecchi, seinen, yuri