AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-01, 07:52   Link #701
jcdietz03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
Is it advisable to buy a Japanese 360 just for the games?

Or maybe I should go for a PS3...
Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
I would recommend people to start with Idolmaster SP for the PSP, that's a friendlier and cheaper introduction than diving straight into IMAS2 for the PS3/360.
If you don't have any game consoles, I would just watch the anime. If you don't have any game consoles, you're probably not a console gamer. It doesn't make sense to buy a console for just one game. If you must, I'd go with the PSP + Idolmaster SP advice - it's the cheapest option.
jcdietz03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 08:14   Link #702
Kamui04

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdietz03 View Post
If you don't have any game consoles, I would just watch the anime. If you don't have any game consoles, you're probably not a console gamer. It doesn't make sense to buy a console for just one game. If you must, I'd go with the PSP + Idolmaster SP advice - it's the cheapest option.
Or maybe you're just assuming he doesn't have a console because he asked about the JP xbox360. But have you thought that he may have a US xbox360 but not a PS3 or a JP xbox360 to play IM@S?

I'm in the same situation as I only have a US 360, borrowed a PSP to play IM@S SP for a little while and might borrow a PS3 for IM@S2. Before they announced it for the PS3, I have been considering a JP 360 for JP games, besides the IM@S games, a lot of shooting games are JP ONRY.
Kamui04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 10:21   Link #703
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

If you are dead set to play all the IM@S games, then getting the 360 is the only way. Otherwise the SP game is the best representation of the current IM@S game universe with just the right mix of story elements and fun (or non-frustrating, depending on your view) game play, plus it's just a cheaper option to get a taste of the game to make sure whether you really like it or not (PSPs can be have for cheap and aren't region locked, and one PSP game isn't expensive either).
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 13:00   Link #704
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for iM@S W 09 - INFINITE CRISIS:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-02, 04:45   Link #705
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Episode 9's ED is Reimei Starline.

I LOVE IT.
Old 2011-09-02, 05:16   Link #706
YuriEcchiGirl

This anime has looked very appealing to me for a while now, I like it's animation style & storyline very much & looks like a series that I would enjoy a lot, not to mention pretty light-hearted & easy-going too, it's all good
Old 2011-09-02, 07:04   Link #707
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Old 2011-09-02, 08:45   Link #708
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Episode 9's ED is Reimei Starline.

I LOVE IT.
rofl xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
[URL=http://imgur.com/HSNdx][URL]
omg badass moefuckers.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-02, 11:57   Link #709
jcdietz03

What are they selling? The anime, right?
jcdietz03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-02, 16:29   Link #710
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdietz03 View Post
What are they selling? The anime, right?
I don't think I follow...

Makoto with that pipe..so fabulous.
Old 2011-09-02, 18:14   Link #711
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

It's genius really. They're reinserting songs from different albums into the show so people look into buying the old albums again. Quite a clever business practice.
Old 2011-09-02, 18:36   Link #712
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Rofl, I didn't even notice that bottom half, I was too mesmerized by Makoto's pipe.

So I'm guessing this new CD includes ALL of the songs from something like ep1 to ep5?
Old 2011-09-02, 18:55   Link #713
Midonin
Last Engage

Yes. I believe it was mentioned before in this thread. Some of them are reissues, some are new remixes, and two of the songs are entirely new.
Old 2011-09-02, 19:09   Link #714
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Yeah, Reimei Starline sounded a little more "synth" than its original. SMOKY THRILL has unified singers instead of focusing on singles during parts.

Those were the two I heard, at least.
Old 2011-09-02, 23:12   Link #715
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep9:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-03, 16:34   Link #716
shinku no kage
:Still Yayoi's Onii~chan:

EP8:
This episode reminded me...NEVER-ASK-QUESTIONS!!!! (in anime) I felt that even for iM@S they might have taken the wacky comedy thing just a tad bit too far. I dont think I've ever put my hands to my head out of the sheer WTF-ness until now.

Still, great episode overall. Wedding dress Azusa-san? *speechless* Action-star like Makoto? *stunned with awesomeness* Miki? Lovely as always. Producer? Useless as ever.

When someone gets kidnapped (or so you're told) you would...

NORMAL Person: Call the police
765 Pro producer: Run around town randomly with very little clues to go on

...I'm just gonna leave it at that or otherwise I'm gonna bring up all those questions that shouldnt be discussed otherwise my/our heads will blow.

EP9:
*too tired to talk* Ami+Mami's playfulness is adorable, thats all. orz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
Is it advisable to buy a Japanese 360 just for the games?

Or maybe I should go for a PS3...
That totally depends on if you're looking at any other games then iM@S. The Japanese Xbox 360 has a lot of "unique" games in my opinion. The PS3 has a solid line up of our favorite classic game series, etc. but you dont see too much of games that'd make you go "WTF?! I should give this a try!".

But if you're in it for just the iM@S game then personally I'd recommend the PS3 version. You save a tad bit of money as the PS3 version has DLC from catalogs #1~3 (I dont know if the mail addresses and completion bonus items are included) and on top of that the PS3 version includes "READY!!" and a new difficulty setting...they've even added a "Hyper" mode for experienced producers.

Not to mention they're bundling the new volumes of the anime Blu-ray with the new volumes of the "Gravure 4 You" expansion discs for the PS3.

But if you're just getting into iM@S the I'd recommend the "iDOLM@STER SP" for the PSP. Its cheap, portable, and its fun, what more do you need? The only downside of the SP series is that they've separated it into three versions, each with different characters you can produce and you also cant produce a unit.

Perfect Sun: Haruka, Yayoi, Makoto, Hibiki (Rival)
Wandering Star: Yukiho, Ami/Mami, Iori, Takane (Rival)
Missing Moon: Azusa, Ritsuko, Chihaya, Miki (Rival)

...FYI, if you have all three versions and produce all 9 of the 765 Pro idols then you get to see the "true" ending...something to think about when you've got extra cash. LOL.

But again, its cheap, especially since they're in the "PSP the Best" category. The only difference in each version is that each character's tension shifts differently on who they are. (the version with the easiest characters to manage is Perfect Sun and the hardest is Missing Moon...though once you get used to the game it really wont matter) and the rarity of costumes and accessories.
Old 2011-09-03, 22:53   Link #717
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Thanks to all you guys for all the suggestions about how to start down this road. I'll probably acquire a PSP and an SP game to start. If the dollar/yen improves or I have a chance to go to Japan, I'll see about getting a console version and... other things .
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-05, 09:05   Link #718
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Oh my god! It's clue! The idol edition!
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-05, 10:30   Link #719
Midonin
Last Engage

Midonin's The Two iDOLM@STERs Comparison Diary
Week Nine

My primary focus this week is character analysis of the Futami twins. Or twin. In both shows, Ami is the one who's experiencing the most. She's joined Ryuuguu Komachi/become an actual idol, but the tone of the two shows also drives them apart. iM@S's are able to reunite at 765 when there aren't any gigs going on, while Xenoglossia has Mami being (theoretically) dead. This results in the Futami twins being the biggest balls of energy in iM@S, while Xenoglossia's Ami is probably the second most reserved character in the show behind Makoto. Though I believe if something did happen to iM@S's Ami on that scale, she might turn out that way too.

Speaking of that, both Makotos appear to be hiding something this week. iM@S's was simple - just some lyrics. Xenoglossia's was present on the day Mami vanished, and thus had a much greater impact - before that, she very well may have been like her other self. Seeing the different dynamics between Iori/Ami/Yayoi in both shows was pretty fun. iM@S's Iori was the one who holds power over Ami (buying the pudding), while in Xenoglossia, Ami is the one with contacts in the music industry while Iori ends up getting a job in a cockroach costume.

Finally, things come back to Azusa once again. In Xenoglossia, she was the one who pushed the cast towards the next mystery, revealing the Futami twins and Tempestus. In iM@S, she was the hidden culprit. Both shows had a mystery element to them, but expressed in their own ways.

Only one of them can consider the case closed, however.
Old 2011-09-05, 11:05   Link #720
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

My sporadic and insignificant words can't even describe how much greatness that episode was. It was definitely worth all the delays. Absolutely enjoyed the shit out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Midonin's The Two iDOLM@STERs Comparison Diary
Week Nine

My primary focus this week is character analysis of the Futami twins. Or twin. In both shows, Ami is the one who's experiencing the most. She's joined Ryuuguu Komachi/become an actual idol, but the tone of the two shows also drives them apart. iM@S's are able to reunite at 765 when there aren't any gigs going on, while Xenoglossia has Mami being (theoretically) dead. This results in the Futami twins being the biggest balls of energy in iM@S, while Xenoglossia's Ami is probably the second most reserved character in the show behind Makoto. Though I believe if something did happen to iM@S's Ami on that scale, she might turn out that way too.

Speaking of that, both Makotos appear to be hiding something this week. iM@S's was simple - just some lyrics. Xenoglossia's was present on the day Mami vanished, and thus had a much greater impact - before that, she very well may have been like her other self. Seeing the different dynamics between Iori/Ami/Yayoi in both shows was pretty fun. iM@S's Iori was the one who holds power over Ami (buying the pudding), while in Xenoglossia, Ami is the one with contacts in the music industry while Iori ends up getting a job in a cockroach costume.

Finally, things come back to Azusa once again. In Xenoglossia, she was the one who pushed the cast towards the next mystery, revealing the Futami twins and Tempestus. In iM@S, she was the hidden culprit. Both shows had a mystery element to them, but expressed in their own ways.

Only one of them can consider the case closed, however.
Your dedication to the iDOLM@STERing Game is truly inspiring.

Tags
comedy, drama, idolmaster, musical, puchim@s