AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-01-18, 16:15   Link #741
Jirachier

Right, I'm also curious as to why the Amagiri style isn't popular at all, with the 2 children of the master being this powerful and all, it must be quite the style.
Jirachier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-18, 16:37   Link #742
Vezon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirachier View Post
Right, I'm also curious as to why the Amagiri style isn't popular at all, with the 2 children of the master being this powerful and all, it must be quite the style.
Maybe Haruka left her hometown for money to revive the Amagiri style. She sealed Ayato powers so that he won't follow her. Dunno, everybody motives are basically driven for money.
Old 2014-01-18, 16:39   Link #743
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
It's not like the 'Amagiri Bright Dragon-style' is not popular. Ayato only mentioned that the Toudou-style is much more popular. The other reason is that the battles in Asterisk are all duel based, while the 'Amagiri Bright Dragon-style' focus on real combat.

What makes Ayato and Haruka strong is not the sword style, it's their innate talents and strength. I'm not saying that the 'Amagiri Bright Dragon-style' is not good though.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-18, 16:40   Link #744
BW95
Banned

Quote:
THEY are powerful as individuals not because of the style. Besides, Haruka disappeared and few know who she is.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-18, 17:10   Link #745
Jirachier

I am not saying that the style should be a renowned one because Haruka and Ayato should've made it popular, but that since they were able to reach such a level of strength with it as their main weapon is a testament to how good it is, now I do agree that innate talent played an important role in their strength, but if the style wasn't good enough it wouldn't have been able to showcase their might.
Old 2014-01-18, 18:29   Link #746
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
I am not saying that the style should be a renowned one because Haruka and Ayato should've made it popular, but that since they were able to reach such a level of strength with it as their main weapon is a testament to how good it is, now I do agree that innate talent played an important role in their strength, but if the style wasn't good enough it wouldn't have been able to showcase their might.
Like I said, it's not like the style isnt good. The problem is that the Amagiri Bright Dragon-style is not one focused in duels. Thus, making it more difficult to make a good use of it in Asterisk.
Old 2014-01-18, 19:48   Link #747
Jirachier

By the way I just noticed something, the only two relevant "powerful" male characters are Ayato and St. Garrardsworth's student council president.

- Allekant: The only important researchers revealed so far are the two girls who are in charge of making the AI.
- World Dragon: #1 is the loli.
- Seidokan: #2 is Claudia and the real #3 is Kirin(or vice versa), Although Julis is #5 I am pretty sure that by now she'd be able to take #4 and Saya if she participates in the ranked battles would at least get #6.
- Le Wolfe: #1 overall is the Venomous Witch, #3 is Irene.
- Queen Veil: At least this one makes sense since the entire student body is made up of girls.
- St. Garrardsworth: Well the student council president is the only guy revealed from this school so maybe even this one has the top ranks filled with just girls.

Finally Ayato's older sister is also a girl and both previous Divine Revelations were women.
Old 2014-01-19, 08:49   Link #748
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
By the way I just noticed something, the only two relevant "powerful" male characters are Ayato and St. Garrardsworth's student council president.

- Allekant: The only important researchers revealed so far are the two girls who are in charge of making the AI.
- World Dragon: #1 is the loli.
- Seidokan: #2 is Claudia and the real #3 is Kirin(or vice versa), Although Julis is #5 I am pretty sure that by now she'd be able to take #4 and Saya if she participates in the ranked battles would at least get #6.
- Le Wolfe: #1 overall is the Venomous Witch, #3 is Irene.
- Queen Veil: At least this one makes sense since the entire student body is made up of girls.
- St. Garrardsworth: Well the student council president is the only guy revealed from this school so maybe even this one has the top ranks filled with just girls.

Finally Ayato's older sister is also a girl and both previous Divine Revelations were women.
That's what you normally get for this genre aimed towards male audiences. Harem genre is pretty popular. However, if you ever read any shoujo manga, you'll notice that the opposite (gender) also apply with the same setting. Youu know, from normal plain girl surrounded by badass and filthy rich bishounens or badass girl like Uthena.

You don't ask for gender equality or the ratio male - female in this kind of thing. But it still annoys you.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 10:20   Link #749
Jirachier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
That's what you normally get for this genre aimed towards male audiences. Harem genre is pretty popular. However, if you ever read any shoujo manga, you'll notice that the opposite (gender) also apply with the same setting. Youu know, from normal plain girl surrounded by badass and filthy rich bishounens or badass girl like Uthena.

You don't ask for gender equality or the ratio male - female in this kind of thing. But it still annoys you.
What annoys me isn't more the ratio than the fact that it feels unnatural, this is just like how since the Ayato is 16 years old the author made every character his age or under, not even one university student when this is supposed to have all 3 levels, with the gender thing it's the same, I don't mind if there were more girls stronger than guys but this ratio is just absurd without any explanation, for example in Kenshin no Keishousha there was a very good reason as to why all the powerful characters are girls but in this one there isn't anything explaining this 9/1 ratio.
Old 2014-01-19, 10:33   Link #750
Kioras

Well, at least there are other male characters who are competent, and powerful, just not the most powerful in the series.

Yabuki Eishirou is likely strong and competent just hidden. From what has been hinted it sounds like he is in the Shadow Stars, the IEF's secret forces. I wonder if he might be connected to Madiath(? Madeus, was spelled differently in v2 and v4) Mesa, that Dirk was interested in.

Dirk Eberwein is an antagonist and personally holds no power, but he is utterly ruthless and controls a good amount of power and influence. Of course since he is an antagonist he is drawn in a way to make him look the part.

Since it is a harem genre there has to be a bunch of girls around Ayato who are at least nearly able to keep up.
Kioras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 12:03   Link #751
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioras View Post

Dirk Eberwein is an antagonist and personally holds no power, but he is utterly ruthless and controls a good amount of power and influence. Of course since he is an antagonist he is drawn in a way to make him look the part.

Since it is a harem genre there has to be a bunch of girls around Ayato who are at least nearly able to keep up.
Dirk is the president of a school so he's clearly got some power behind his ugly mug.

To the second point that aint true at all Seirei tsukai hagure yuusha are just a few where the main guy is far stronger even in Kenshin our boy is stronger then most of the girls in the show
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 12:43   Link #752
Ophis
Dragon God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Dirk is the president of a school so he's clearly got some power behind his ugly mug.

To the second point that aint true at all Seirei tsukai hagure yuusha are just a few where the main guy is far stronger even in Kenshin our boy is stronger then most of the girls in the show
He was talking about fighting power. Dirk is a normal human.
Old 2014-01-19, 13:00   Link #753
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis View Post
He was talking about fighting power. Dirk is a normal human.
I know that Ophis and my point is no matter what he looks like he's the president of one of the 7 schools that means the guys pretty strong how strong we don't know.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 13:11   Link #754
Ophis
Dragon God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
I know that Ophis and my point is no matter what he looks like he's the president of one of the 7 schools that means the guys pretty strong how strong we don't know.
You're not getting the point here. He's not part of Starpulse Generation, he's not strong at all. He became the president of Le Wolf just by manipulating people.
Old 2014-01-19, 13:35   Link #755
Jirachier

Not every major character in this series is powerful.
Also I'm curious as to how Dirk is keeping the Venomous Witch on a leash, tbh I'm afraid it might be that he's holding something over her head and that she's actually a nice person which would be really annoying plot-wise, i'd much prefer if she's antagonistic by herself and has a strong personality.
Old 2014-01-20, 03:31   Link #756
setsuna86

chapter 6 updated!!!
setsuna86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-20, 03:54   Link #757
waffler

thanks for the update!! so the 2nd seal doesnt make him stronger but just makes him able to unseal longer?
waffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-20, 05:18   Link #758
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffler View Post
thanks for the update!! so the 2nd seal doesnt make him stronger but just makes him able to unseal longer?
It doesn't make him directly stronger, but indirectly its a big boost. The outflow of prana no longer hinders his senses, and he doesn't have to use his prana conservatively with the extended time limit.

BTW, thanks Setsuna for the chap.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-20, 05:27   Link #759
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Quote:
Not every major character in this series is powerful.
Also I'm curious as to how Dirk is keeping the Venomous Witch on a leash, tbh I'm afraid it might be that he's holding something over her head and that she's actually a nice person which would be really annoying plot-wise, i'd much prefer if she's antagonistic by herself and has a strong personality.
Through the power of LOVE hahahaha. Joke a side, he could of done what he did to #3 and make Venomous Witch obliged obey his command making him the strongest man in Asterisk.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-20, 06:31   Link #760
suicane07

thanks setsuna for the update...!! so, basically one more seal to go...first seal is power, second seal is the time limit..wonder what the third seal is..it's getting more interesting now...
suicane07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternate history, fantasy, harem, school life