AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2014-10-10, 22:59   Link #54801
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Athena '14 Summaries so far...

Chapter 1

Chapter 2

And unit/IS descriptions so far...
Old 2014-10-11, 07:09   Link #54802
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Throwing this info to you guys because it's one of those "Well, they can quantize the IS armors but can't get them to repair themselves withouth direct intervention?" Also may excite some fans of Turn A Gundam.
http://www.popularmechanics.com/tech...=1457_97975510
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-11, 07:38   Link #54803
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Conventional Self-Repair against an IS Self-Repair would no doubt be worlds apart in terms of equipment used. Still, the concept could be the same in the sense that something is always used up to repair damage.

The video there is quite something to look at to know how conventional self-repair works. Though for the case of IS, from what I know it still stands as "shifting bits of armor from different parts to the damaged part" instead of using synthetic fluid that strengthens up to a percentage of the original armor integrity.

Still, one could handwave that.
Old 2014-10-11, 07:49   Link #54804
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Just threw it in, because THEORETICALLY if you have the IS return to dormant mode and in quantum data form, you could then make it reappear again fully repaired because it's just physical matter converted to data. It'll be like reassembling itself. But no, you need to have IS armors sit in repose mode for a whole LN volume for dramatic effect, right Izuru?

So, there you have a real-life example of technology for self-repairing structures and armor.
Old 2014-10-11, 07:55   Link #54805
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Hence why I mentioned about the shifting bits of armor thingy. Given how godly-advanced an IS supposedly it, that would be like putting 2 and 2 together. But yeah, Izuru Tech isn't exactly as reliable when placed next to real conventional tech to compare.

In other words, Real Life Technology just gave the finger to Izuru Tech.
Old 2014-10-11, 10:54   Link #54806
demino_hellsin
That one guy

You can think of it more like the IS needs time to reorganize itself. I think it was zero who suggested that IS continuously monitor and readapt themselves to their current configuration. That means readapting to damage as well. The problem isn't the damage itself then but the fact the IS has retuned itself with the damage within its calculations. You can tell the IS to repair its hardware but the software will still work off-balance. You can cut away the data from when the damage started but that's losing a lot of valuable combat data that could influence its evolutionary line. So what takes time is disentangling the data from the damaged state from the non-damaged state.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-12, 15:27   Link #54807
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Well... Then wouldn't extensive field testing be bad for IS and yet without testing an IS would never grow?
Old 2014-10-13, 05:12   Link #54808
demino_hellsin
That one guy

That just means it needs regular maintenance just like any other superweapon. Even nukes have once overs every now and then to see if they'd still go boom at the push of a button right?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-13, 19:31   Link #54809
coco6561

Man I have to get back to writing.
coco6561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-14, 05:03   Link #54810
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Wish me luck. I've got a week off work which I practically strangled someone to get. Hopefully it gives me the time and the mood to bloody finish my fic. Work is taking too much of my brainspace, and I can't finish that one last chapter, which is seriously PI@#%!#@$%ng me the F@#$@!# off.
Old 2014-10-14, 06:58   Link #54811
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Good luck bro
Old 2014-10-14, 16:44   Link #54812
coco6561

anyone here?
Old 2014-10-14, 18:16   Link #54813
coco6561

I remember when people used to be here most of the time. When did this forum start dieing?
Old 2014-10-14, 20:51   Link #54814
bitmeister
Expert Procrastinator

First, nothing has recently been released, so what we make is being read less and less, although hopefully the world-hen should boost attention to the series. Second, everyone has quite a lot of stuff IRL to deal with, so we don't have much time to write. As Vonnegut said, "so it goes".
bitmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-14, 20:59   Link #54815
coco6561

I guess your right.
Old 2014-10-15, 00:36   Link #54816
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Wait for OVA launching

Inevitable resurrection will begin
Old 2014-10-15, 01:21   Link #54817
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Wait for OVA launching

Inevitable resurrection will begin
<--- still doesn't care for canon-verse.

Revised ideas all around once you get a clear mind of things. Especially when you refer to chapter summaries from other materials :3
Old 2014-10-15, 01:52   Link #54818
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

It's more about sparking new interest and pull new people in

Whoever been here before Season 2 pretty much ignored canon
Old 2014-10-15, 02:59   Link #54819
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Well the interest is still there. There's just so much you can toy around with in the IS-verse. How about you though Zero?
Old 2014-10-15, 03:08   Link #54820
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

I wish someone would be willing to take the sacrifice and translate the latest LN volume, if only we can see how much more of a trainwreck we need to repair.

Last edited by wavehawk; 2014-10-15 at 03:20.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest