AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2015-01-27, 19:48   Link #55821
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

That really depends on your naming sense... A title should give 'expectation' of what lies within - it really shouldn't be the description of the story unless it's the theme.
That's how I try to title my stuff at least.
Old 2015-01-27, 20:29   Link #55822
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Honestly. I don't kno how to title my own stories either. I just try to come up with something witty.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-27, 21:57   Link #55823
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
That really depends on your naming sense... A title should give 'expectation' of what lies within - it really shouldn't be the description of the story unless it's the theme.
That's how I try to title my stuff at least.
Sacred Twins

Ichika and Madoka are twins, the bonds between them is sacred. Good enuf. xD

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-27, 23:11   Link #55824
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I didn't want to go into an entire thing of naming... I guess I'll list some factors as questions to ask yourself. See if it helps you come up with stuff. If not... just try another way then.

- What type of story is it? (Action, suspense, comedy, drama, etc)
- What is the main or secondary theme?

Long stories can afford to have a title that can be seen as misleading, or misdirecting, especially in a mystery/suspense type story but shorter titles should be more compact and direct. It's more of a pet peeve for me - I don't like stories where the title is half the story... I know there's no story like that but you get my meaning. It shouldn't be a complete sentence though. Even the Iliad and The Odessy are just two words but ... good Lord.

Anyway, it's just down to personal taste. Don't worry about it too much - you're not trying to make money off of this.
Old 2015-01-27, 23:26   Link #55825
coco6561

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
I didn't want to go into an entire thing of naming... I guess I'll list some factors as questions to ask yourself. See if it helps you come up with stuff. If not... just try another way then.

- What type of story is it? (Action, suspense, comedy, drama, etc)
- What is the main or secondary theme?

Long stories can afford to have a title that can be seen as misleading, or misdirecting, especially in a mystery/suspense type story but shorter titles should be more compact and direct. It's more of a pet peeve for me - I don't like stories where the title is half the story... I know there's no story like that but you get my meaning. It shouldn't be a complete sentence though. Even the Iliad and The Odessy are just two words but ... good Lord.

Anyway, it's just down to personal taste. Don't worry about it too much - you're not trying to make money off of this.
Thank you for the advice. One last thing. I know I named the IS of my OC Xenix Jamble (Stupid name I know, but there's a reason for that) I also need advice thinking of IS names.
coco6561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-28, 01:20   Link #55826
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitmeister View Post
Excuse me for a minute. My mind has been blown.
- ...by...what?
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-28, 21:08   Link #55827
bitmeister
Expert Procrastinator

By the awesomeness/badassery that could happen from such A character. Think about it: if piloting is a learnable skill, what if one-offs could also be? Reiraku Byakuya and Kenran Buto infinite loop, anyone?
Old 2015-01-28, 21:09   Link #55828
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Yeaaaah, you kinda broke the world's principles with that.
Old 2015-01-29, 01:38   Link #55829
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

I think it'd be better if you just bait and switch (so he doesn't get too OP). EG sometimes you're not sure if he really has found the skill to actually pilot IS and perform actions, or if as a master impostor just found a way to fake it convincingly. Or if Tabane let him be a pilot on purpose just to get the heat off Chifuyu and keep other smartarses guessing.

In other words: whether it really is a skill that can be learned or not is not important. What's important is the peopel who are trying to keep him secret THINK it is, and it'll lead to why he's beign chased and why he eventually disappears.

And bugger it all. I'm stuck again. Will probably finish up the fic AFTER the weekend.

Last edited by wavehawk; 2015-01-29 at 02:27.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-29, 07:19   Link #55830
coco6561

Chapter 8 is now posted on fanfiction.net
coco6561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-29, 07:37   Link #55831
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Been playing a hefty load of Borderlands 2 lately and something else struck into my mind about the "Male with an IS" thing. The male doesn't pilot the IS, so to speak. Rather, the IS behaves autonomously ala Silverio Gospel.

For the guy in question, most likely a reserved teenage boy who saved the IS (albeit accidentally), which was hiding from Phantom Task in a prototype storage device which the boy mistook for a headset.
Old 2015-01-29, 17:50   Link #55832
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

An IS controlled by brainwaves?
Old 2015-01-30, 01:46   Link #55833
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest View Post
An IS controlled by brainwaves?
If you are referring to my idea, not quite. The IS itself (or herself, in this case) is meant to be sentient. Basically like a friend you'd share a close bond with.
Old 2015-01-30, 07:21   Link #55834
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
If you are referring to my idea, not quite. The IS itself (or herself, in this case) is meant to be sentient. Basically like a friend you'd share a close bond with.
It seems that I'm not the only one who's thinking of having something like that.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-30, 08:00   Link #55835
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Well great minds do think alike

Thing is, given the fanbase as it is now, you can pretty much expect either to get shot down or outright ignored the very instance the male in question is not Ichika or some random Orimura relative.
Old 2015-01-30, 15:21   Link #55836
bitmeister
Expert Procrastinator

Which is why I say absolutely nothing about any male OC in specific until I can present them with the information that any male OCs are not pilots. Obviously, I don't say in my description "any male OCs are not IS pilots" but in a more clandestine way.

Also, the proper grammar in the description may also help. No, seriously. Just skim the descriptions and see how many have proper, or at the very least understandable grammar.

Edit: now that I look at the first page, I see that most of them are comprehensible. *sigh* Well, there goes my post.
Old 2015-01-30, 20:03   Link #55837
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I've just had one hell of a WTF idea...something along the lines of EVA and the game Prototype actually...

What if the 'Orimura Chifuyu' the world knew...wasn't her at all? What if 'she' was just an artificial construct herself?

"...I couldn't believe it... the woman I thought I was... I'm not. The real Orimura Chifuyu died 10 years ago in the creation of Core 001 thanks to Tabane Shinomono. Now, as I look down at the limbs called an 'arm' and the individual digits called 'fingers', I realize that even this body of mine is an artificial construct... The only thing left over from her are her lingering memories embedded within my core. Yes... I am just a Core consciousness, no, I am Core 001."

Kinda like how Alex Mercer found out out that 'he' wasn't Alex Mercer, but the virus itself.
Old 2015-01-30, 20:19   Link #55838
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Thought about it. Didn't find it appealing in the long run though. Not sure why.
Old 2015-01-30, 20:40   Link #55839
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Hmm.

A girl who became a ghost.

A boy who came to IS to seek answers.

A spaceframe that's said to be cursed.

A bond that transcends boundaries.

Hmmmmmmmm. Idol Stratos Athena is coming together nicely.
Old 2015-01-30, 20:49   Link #55840
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Your taglines lack impact and don't really draw that much interest. Rather it gives the reader more trepidation than anything.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest