AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-10-30, 10:44   Link #201
kakash1

I don't think the timeskip will cover 3 years.. it will prolly only cover 1 or 2. And plus, like someone before me said, there will prolly be like short time skips here and there. Plus i wouldn't want a time skip to happen and then see what naruto learned from his training. That would take forever to find out everything he's learned. And image this. Imagine Naruto now and then imagine the 4th after a 3 year skip.. that would be soo gay.
kakash1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-30, 13:05   Link #202
EnergyRift

Back to the quality vs quantity thing. There are a few things to consider.

1) Being the specialization of ninja's. The battle against Itachi, Kurenai, Kakashi, Kisame, and Asuma is a case of this. Kurenai I would assume has good genjutsu skills because that's what she lead off with, it probably would have been effective against Kisame, but not against Itachi, because of his sharingan, which leads me to another point, but that's something else. And Asuma was busy with Kisame. While Kakashi tried a one on one, kind of. Like Gai, would be a good match against Itachi, because he doesn't use ninjutsu or genjutsu, rather taijutsu, while the Sharingan can predict it, Gai is used to this kind of event, because of Kakashi. I think the Sharingan is strongest against ninjutsu and genjutsu.
2) Comparing and contrasting actual skill levels. Obviously a horde of genin's can't possibly take out the Akatsuki, no matter how many, the total power has to be somewhat equal I think.
3) Actual blood limit skills, would obviously influence a battle. The Sharingan, Byakkugan, etc, I would assume has a great factor. Mainly because they skill level is raised, somewhat of a multiplier.

I don't know how much I said is relevant, but overall, I think quality definitely matters, but the world of Naruto, is definitely swayed by the effects of tactics, abilities, and numbers. It's more strategic then brute force, which is what Itachi is, he can think in a situation and act accordingly and quickly, to counter. So numbers do matter.

And I'd like to think Itachi is a lot like Killua, from Hunter x Hunter, in which he's careful and cautious, if he isn't completely sure he can win, then he'll try to avoid it if possible, and that he'll calmly access a situation and act accordingly, which is why we've seen his behavior as such. Because he knows slipping up in any way could drastically effect the battle. Because let's face it, these battles, if you end up underestimating your opponent, you're gonna get pwned. Brute force will only get you so far.. -cough-naruto-cough- Though he has shown some tactics which were good, so I shouldn't say much of that.

As for the whole Time Skip thing, I think it'll happen, but we'll probably be able to see clips inbetween, just time speed, more like.

I like the storyline though, because we would think this is like, oohh they are becoming like the sannin, but in a sense, they are going against their fate. Jiraiya gave up on Orochimaru, while Naruto is still going after Sasuke. Sakura's just.. right.. I think also the hidden bond between Naruto and Sasuke, is much stronger then Jiraiya and Orochimaru, which makes them different. Jiraiya got sad over the years, Naruto continues to look up, and so it'll be interesting to see most likely for Jiraiya how things could have turned out.
EnergyRift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-30, 13:51   Link #203
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakash1
I don't think the timeskip will cover 3 years.. it will prolly only cover 1 or 2. And plus, like someone before me said, there will prolly be like short time skips here and there. Plus i wouldn't want a time skip to happen and then see what naruto learned from his training. That would take forever to find out everything he's learned. And image this. Imagine Naruto now and then imagine the 4th after a 3 year skip.. that would be soo gay.
I have something to counter this argument. What happens when we watch Naruto learn a new jutsu? We get Kage bunshin done 1 trillion times; we get Rasengan done 50 times. We get the summoning jutsu done like thrice; all in all, almost everyone gets sick of Naruto's moves because we all know Naruto's moves and he does them over and over again.

Let's look at Kakashi, let's say for the sake of argument that if Kakashi is like 28 right now, then he has had a 28 year time skip because at the start of the manga, we only meet him as an adult. We meet Kakashi as a Jounin and we constantly get to see a lil something different whenever he fights. We are hit with amazement each time. The same goes for the Sannin, the hokage fight, all in all, that was only a touch of the jutsus that they all know. A skip with Naruto would be great because we are alll baffled by what Naruto has learned in three years. Why would we want to see everything that he has learned anyway after three years? So we can complain later when we see all of his justus and say once again that he needs to learn something new? I doubt we know all of Kakashi's moves and he is still one of the coolest characters out there. It doesn't affect his popularity one bit.
tramadrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-30, 14:06   Link #204
Wavie
Freedom

Send a message via ICQ to Wavie Send a message via MSN to Wavie
i think your looking at it wrong.

your right its a surprise when you see new jutsu's

but can you imagine how much cooler it would be if we actually saw how they learned those jutsu's

i would much rather see naruto learn them rather than them just being dumped on him.

the good part of naruto is, is thats its not all fighting. the way you make it out to be is that their will just be fights and naruto using techniques u aint seen him learn. the story of him learning the techiques would be much cooler than him just using them.
My Anime List
Wavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-30, 14:14   Link #205
Kakashi8489

Yeah, but that will ruin all the fun of it. The element of suprise is much more better. Seeing Naruto learning the moves will take about how many chapters? I don't have any idea. Plus, it will take long to see three years of traning. The manga will never end, lol. So, the jump will be much better and we all can go OMG THAT WAS SO COOL!! When we see naruto use his new moves for the first time and then see him use it a few thousand times, lol.
Kakashi8489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-30, 14:40   Link #206
gaheris

I was reading chapter 237 and I think a time skip is gonna happen but I don't think it will hapeen next chapter. It seems that next week the get ready to leave or they leave to train at tge end and then they go forward 3 years. This seems like a volume in transition so that the remaining chapters of this volume will beging to fill in the blanks or setup the new story or that they won't time skip till the end of the volume and show some of what the characters are gonna do through this period of time.

Either way with this time skip get ready in the next arc for some big long flashback sequences. I guess we should be used to those alreay but oh well.

Last edited by gaheris; 2004-10-30 at 15:14.
gaheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-30, 16:23   Link #207
Rasengan320

Obito again.....what the hell happend to him?
Rasengan320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-30, 16:41   Link #208
kabutomaster10

wait a minute

i just read the Inane translation of 237. I thought naruto DID NOT follow Jiraiya and will be developing jutsus/training by himself. According to the INane copy, Jiaiya said "See you". Why is everyone saying that Naruto will be training with Jiraiya even when Jiraiya called him a moron. Is there a different copy out there or what?
kabutomaster10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-30, 16:53   Link #209
AnimeFangirl

I haven't read Inane yet, but Jiraiya says on page 18: "When you get out of the hospital, get ready, you big fool" THEN he says "See ya!" It's pretty clear he's going to train him anyway, even though he thinks Naruto's intentions are unwise, to say the least. And that's why you have Naruto grinning and saluting.
Old 2004-10-30, 17:54   Link #210
HoBoZ

i just hope naruto matures.....none of that childish crap.....
HoBoZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-30, 18:07   Link #211
Kayess
Guy From Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
Actually I prefer it to see what Naruto learns... because if we don't see it, the author could come up with endless moves just like that, like Naruto seems to be loosing and suddenly remembers a new move, until later in the same fight he is going to lose again and remembers the next move, and so on...

I would prefer to see a couple CLIPS of naruto learning a couple moves, and training.. but leave the rest out so that there is the surprise. Naruto needs to have a more diverse jutsu library, and I hate being able to predict what he is going to do in fights. The creator is not a moron that will allow the series to degrade to what you are suggesting. Have some faith.
Kayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-30, 18:37   Link #212
Smiley

Why want to see a training arc? It took a few chapters before to learn the Rasengan. I don't want to see all that talk again. Besides, Naruto is probably going to become a top-rated ninja in 3 years. He'll have so many jutsus, how many of the jutsu do you want to see him learning? 1? 5? 10? 100? 1000? Kakashi has 1000+ jutsus and the author only showed him doing a few. Therefore, the manga should not waste 5 years ahead of showing Naruto learning 1000 great moves.
Smiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-30, 18:52   Link #213
slickrick23

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabutomaster10
i just read the Inane translation of 237. I thought naruto DID NOT follow Jiraiya and will be developing jutsus/training by himself. According to the INane copy, Jiaiya said "See you". Why is everyone saying that Naruto will be training with Jiraiya even when Jiraiya called him a moron. Is there a different copy out there or what?
read it again, especially the side bar on the last page
slickrick23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-30, 19:47   Link #214
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Inanes translation seemed really off to me. I only looked at a low qulaity raw, but if I had a better one I wouldnt bother with inane's stuff.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-30, 21:15   Link #215
Holy Knight
Time Bomb

Well, I figured Jiriaya is really going out of his way to protect Naruto from what he has experienced from the past. Even calling him a moron. Through Naruto's 'incredible' determination, Jiriaya accepts him for the path he wishes to take despite his warning.

His face was sort of confusing as well, but I guess he is kind of sighing because Naruto hasn't changed at all. Just like how a parent would sigh over there child for doing the same thing over and over even though the parent tries to make them do it differently ya know? Just let them do their thing and move on.

Since I don't know shit about japanese, it all could be wrong seeing as how some people seem to think that Inane's translation is shady, but I try not to think too extreme about things, especially when its something we will eventually find out anyway.
Holy Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-30, 21:17   Link #216
fightingdreamer88
where you goin' bub?

Quote:
Jiraiya will train Naruto regardless of their little disagreement. Examine the last page. It does indicate that Naruto and Jiraiya will leave together to train...or did I misinterpret incorrectly =_=;;
fightingdreamer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-30, 21:25   Link #217
kabutomaster10

Well Jiraiya said that he would train Naruto ONLY if Naruto gave up on trying to get Saske back (according to the INane copy). Yet, Naruto defied Jiraiya's command, which means that Jiraiya is leaving naruto for good??? That's what the translation implied, but at the end, it also said that Jiraiya and Naruto would be heading off together. This doesn't make sense to me. Is there anyone who read the Japanese verson who can tell me if I'm wrong? Thanks...
kabutomaster10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-30, 21:35   Link #218
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Well Jiraiya said that he would train Naruto ONLY if Naruto gave up on trying to get Saske back (according to the INane copy). Yet, Naruto defied Jiraiya's command, which means that Jiraiya is leaving naruto for good??? That's what the translation implied, but at the end, it also said that Jiraiya and Naruto would be heading off together. This doesn't make sense to me. Is there anyone who read the Japanese verson who can tell me if I'm wrong? Thanks...

Jiraiya didn't want to train Naruto if he tried to get sasuke back at first, but naruto's determination touched him so he decided to train Naruto regardless.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-30, 21:43   Link #219
Anko Plushy

Location: Sometimes LA sometimes the Soul Society sometimes SD sometimes Konoha it all depends on my mood
Send a message via AIM to Anko Plushy Send a message via Yahoo to Anko Plushy
I'm happy the path that this manga plot is starting to take, now we know that Sasuke and Orochimaru are a lot alike and so is Naruto and Jiraiya (even to the fact that they both had to fight their comrade to keep them from leaving the village and neither succeded) I'm glad that Jiraiya showed up because that was what Naruto needed, a blunt speech which basiclly told him to come back to reality. I also think that now Sakura is going to become a lot stronger and a lot more useful then she was before. I'm a feminist so I'm glad that Tsuande is going to (or at least I hope) take her as a disciple (or student what ever the hell you want to call it) Now we're going to see some even more kickass jutsu's and Sakura will later learn how to summon (don't tell me you all didn't realize that) after all, once Sasuke arrives at Orochimaru's he's going to start training Sasuke he's techniques and summoning and all that stuff. Only thing is, that means Sasuke will have to defeat Itachi before the three years are up or else there is no more Sasuke and Orochimaru (gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!) has taken his place (spiritually speaking) Am I right?
Anko Plushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-30, 22:33   Link #220
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavie
the way you make it out to be is that their will just be fights and naruto using techniques u aint seen him learn. the story of him learning the techiques would be much cooler than him just using them.
The best thing about Naruto is the storyline. That is true. I like the pace of what's going on now rather than the fighting to tell you the truth When I think of Ninjas and so forth, I don't think the fights in Naruto should last as long as they do. The best fight that I have seen by far in Naruto so far is the partial Itachi/Kisame/Kakashi fight. No flashy ass words, just ninjutsu at its best. Watching what Naruto learns slows the pace down. Then, the same people that says, "Oh, I want to see Naruto learn everything" are the same people that are going to say stuff like "Wow, another pointless chapter" or "Okay, get to the point," or my favorite. I want him to learn taijutsu, some ninjutsu, genjutsu, I want him to learn how to fight intelligently. If I got to skip seeing him learn this and only see clips of how he learned it by flashback, then that is straight. Perfect example of a jutsu and how we saw how he learned it was Sasuke and the Grand Fireball. Let's get the origin through flashback.
tramadrama is offline   Reply With Quote