AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-08-28, 10:32   Link #21
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I would actually prefer if they made an anime of the Arland Atelier series first. Apparently this game is such a hit outside of Japan because of the ridiculous amount of otaku culture references.

Speaking of which, I am going to take Nepgear home and teach her how to grind her gears- *gets vaporised by Uni's Buster Cannon*

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 10:42   Link #22
tsunade666

Great news!?

I'm not familiar with the franchise so I can't say but from the previews expressions from the news then it should be good.

Info about this series?

I don't own a ps3 -_-
Old 2012-08-28, 10:51   Link #23
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Info about this series?

I don't own a ps3 -_-
Basically, all the games are about anthropomorphic personifications of video game consoles and companies (with the main character of the series being Neptune, who is the personification of the unreleased Sega Neptune) fighting the "evils" of the game industry (Gamindustri), such as piracy.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 11:09   Link #24
xizro345
King's Justice

http://hokanko-alt.ldblog.jp/archives/67670196.html

A recap of the article including the anime info. Relevant part:

Quote:
・制作会社や配信形態、時期などは大概不明
・つなこ氏のイラストが掲載されている他、スタッフコメントがあるが例のきつね風イラストで載 っている
Basically nothing is known about it (release, company, staff), there's an illustration by Tsunako and a comment from the staff (not reported but obviously nothing worthwile).
My speculation (not fact at all) is that it may have something to do with the partnership CH has done with Tezuka Productions, announced a couple months ago.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 11:27   Link #25
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Holy..... this getting an anime? 0_o
Old 2012-08-28, 11:49   Link #26
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

i expect it to have semi-original story that combine aspect from first 2 game

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 15:23   Link #27
OPN

Haha wow. It was only a matter of time. I'm curious about who they get as the animation studio hopefully it isn't JC staff or deen. Looking forward too it either way.
Old 2012-08-28, 19:18   Link #28
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I would actually prefer if they made an anime of the Arland Atelier series first. Apparently this game is such a hit outside of Japan because of the ridiculous amount of otaku culture references.

Speaking of which, I am going to take Nepgear home and teach her how to grind her gears- *gets vaporised by Uni's Buster Cannon*
implying that I did buy Neptune V..(Sad to say, I did not buy it... I am a poor guy.)

You have to get past someone first before you gr- *gets High mega cannon'd a.k.a Brave Cannon'd*

The problem is... Although there is an anime of this, what is the plot based on? mk1, mk2, V or the manga?
Old 2012-08-28, 19:46   Link #29
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
The problem is... Although there is an anime of this, what is the plot based on? mk1, mk2, V or the manga?
I was going to comment on how the cover of that mag shows Pururut and the girls in their V outfits, but then I realised that it's probably an ad for the game and has nothing to do with the anime.. Blah. That's a little misleading. I love the girls' outfits in the latest game, so I'm hoping that the anime will use V's characters. As for the plot.. I think it'll more than likely be anime original.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 11:59   Link #30
Genjo
Genjo-Subs Founder
*Fansubber

well i for one believe there going do it! because it would fit perfectly with the franchise plus what better way to expand there nep franchise but to do it in anime format as for now i believe it JUST got a green lit and so they announce it early i guess.
Genjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 15:49   Link #31
Snuffle
likes cute things

I've yet to play the second installment, woe is me.
Am I assuming correctly that the four main game console characters have a better friendship in the later games? Well whatever the case, I hope I get to see some tsun-tsun Blanc/White Heart.
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 17:20   Link #32
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Their relationship and interactions are quite different in MKII, while their personality was a bit tweeked. That said, HDN1 is a stand alone, as MKII and V are on their own (MKII is actually more like a reboot, it isn't a sequel to the first neptune game).
Old 2012-08-29, 19:24   Link #33
sudolicious
Otoshi-gami in training

Just saw the announcement, I'm excited as fuck. Have been hoping for a while that somebody would animate this, this is going to be glorious.
sudolicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 21:43   Link #34
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Their relationship and interactions are quite different in MKII, while their personality was a bit tweeked. That said, HDN1 is a stand alone, as MKII and V are on their own (MKII is actually more like a reboot, it isn't a sequel to the first neptune game).
I got a feeling all of them are linked for some reason...(Meaning, HDN1-> mkII->V)
Old 2012-08-30, 09:36   Link #35
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

We are claiming goddesses now? Since Noirie was taken Im taking Nepgear! She is perfect!

As for the anime, in case this is not just an OVA episode, to be completely honest neptunia is one of those series that does not necessarily need to rely on any kind of plot or story for it to be good. They could make the anime an original story or just make it a fun slice of life type show doing comedy the way neptunia knows how and it would still be really enjoyable. If they decide to go with the story of one of the actual games I actually think things would not turn out to be as good as it could be because of the restrictions the productions would set on themselves regarding length and content (we are assuming this will be 12-13 eps only).

Spoiler:
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 01:51   Link #36
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

I doubt I'll watch this, but I'm glad for those who want it. I think it makes MUCH more sense for this to be an anime than a game, personally.
Old 2012-08-31, 02:11   Link #37
Riki
ランダム王

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
I doubt I'll watch this, but I'm glad for those who want it. I think it makes MUCH more sense for this to be an anime than a game, personally.
the game has too many topics which are hard to understand even when translated. so even if it is put into anime format most people still wont understand
Old 2012-08-31, 04:21   Link #38
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
the game has too many topics which are hard to understand even when translated. so even if it is put into anime format most people still wont understand
Uh... I wasn't really concerned about who would or wouldn't understand certain things in the game? That isn't what I was getting at when I said I thought it made more sense as an anime, I didn't mean it literally like that. XD

What I meant is that I feel that it should have been an anime from the start. The entire premise was not good video game material, in my opinion.
Old 2012-08-31, 06:45   Link #39
anigu
Game maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
Are the topics about issues in the gaming industry? If so, I'm going to be one of those who won't understand then... Quite a shame, really.
anigu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 06:48   Link #40
xizro345
King's Justice

The game actually parodies a lot of things. Piracy and console wars are one thing of course, but for example in Mk2 there's an event that clearly parodies Idolm@ster. There are also a lot of references to stuff like Gundam or sentai shows.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adaptation, game