AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-11-12, 19:28   Link #1061
kuromitsu

I'm not exactly sold on the theory that Shiro = Tatara in some way. Yes, they have similar personalities (sort of), but Tatara was still alive and his usual (if deadly wounded) self when Yata & Izumo found him so it's not like his soul was transferred into Shiro or anything...
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 19:40   Link #1062
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Not necessarily equal to. I am more inclined to say that Shiro copied Tatara's personality, which could be a way that evil!Shiro can use to protect himself from Homra.
And it is hard to pass their similarity (down to them speaking the same line) just as coincidence, unless the writers are trying to miguide us on purpose.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 20:25   Link #1063
Tworble

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
I'm not exactly sold on the theory that Shiro = Tatara in some way. Yes, they have similar personalities (sort of), but Tatara was still alive and his usual (if deadly wounded) self when Yata & Izumo found him so it's not like his soul was transferred into Shiro or anything...
If there was some sort of King connections where the souls of past kings traveled with their powers I could see it. I have mixed feelings though. I wouldn't want to cheapen his death but at the same time imagine the joy if Shiro said "Don't sweat it it will be alright."

Let's not look forward to it though. Instead look forward to Shiro finally meeting Mikoto. I hope he does anyway.
Tworble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 00:41   Link #1064
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Not necessarily equal to. I am more inclined to say that Shiro copied Tatara's personality, which could be a way that evil!Shiro can use to protect himself from Homra.
And it is hard to pass their similarity (down to them speaking the same line) just as coincidence, unless the writers are trying to miguide us on purpose.
In that case might there be chance of Tatara returning....Perhaps the Tatara personality may gain full sentience or that it's really Tatara's soul he took in on his death or something
Old 2012-11-13, 04:31   Link #1065
Bern-san

A new chapter of the manga is translated (in case you don't tend to see the manga thread) with conflict with Scepter4 included.

And some figurines

Last edited by Bern-san; 2012-11-13 at 05:08.
Bern-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 04:49   Link #1066
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
In that case might there be chance of Tatara returning....Perhaps the Tatara personality may gain full sentience or that it's really Tatara's soul he took in on his death or something
My own theory is that evil!Shiro copied Tatara's personality so he'll have a mean to get the Homra to side with him, in order to protect himself from Scepter 4.
Which would give us a reason why Mikoto would end up fighting Munakata.

And I assume the true purpose of this evil scheme is to detonate Mikoto's Sword of Damocles by pitting him against Munakata; an attempt of trying to replicate Kagutsu Kenji and Habari Jin's death.
And the result of this would most likely be: "this country is doomed", borrowing the Gold King's words.
Old 2012-11-13, 05:10   Link #1067
kuromitsu

I'm really curious of that novel...

Also, the figures, aww. They're cute but why do they look so gloomy?

Quote:
And I assume the true purpose of this evil scheme is to detonate Mikoto's Sword of Damocles by pitting him against Munakata;
Well, if that's the scheme it's not working so far - we have Mikoto and Reishi under the same roof, and it seems they're actually trying to avoid fighting.
Old 2012-11-13, 05:14   Link #1068
Kakkou
Tch.

^Because the 5 unsmiling characters aren't knwon for smiling much? Okay, maybe Reisi's figure should've had his grin from his character visual.

Darn, Tatara's figure only comes by ordering the whole box.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 05:28   Link #1069
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
^Because the 5 unsmiling characters aren't knwon for smiling much? Okay, maybe Reisi's figure should've had his grin from his character visual.
Even Shiro and Neko have a pretty small smile, though. Maybe we're entering the Angsty Shiro phase of the character, but still. And I kind of expected both Reishi and Saruhiko to grin (especially Saruhiko, if he has a psycho grin why not use it?). *shrug*
Old 2012-11-13, 06:02   Link #1070
mayumi

we don't know much about reisi's personality from his little screen presence he has had. For all we know both the kings might know something is up especially with reisi asking for all the events happening in town for past 2 weeks. he is a inspector(sort of), hopefully they don't fall into whatever trap whoever set them in.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 08:25   Link #1071
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Managed to marathon watch the episodes.

I thinking that Neko is the one manipulating Shiro's current situation. I mean she is a reality warper.
Old 2012-11-13, 08:52   Link #1072
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

More like she screws with minds...

Quote:
My own theory is that evil!Shiro copied Tatara's personality so he'll have a mean to get the Homra to side with him, in order to protect himself from Scepter 4.
Which would give us a reason why Mikoto would end up fighting Munakata.

And I assume the true purpose of this evil scheme is to detonate Mikoto's Sword of Damocles by pitting him against Munakata; an attempt of trying to replicate Kagutsu Kenji and Habari Jin's death.
And the result of this would most likely be: "this country is doomed", borrowing the Gold King's words.
But wouldn't that be fatal for Shiro as well seeing that he would have to somehow escape from Homra and Scepter 4 fast enough as to not be caught in the blast radius?
Old 2012-11-13, 10:45   Link #1073
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

If Weissman is the one pulling the strings in the event. Shiro would outlive his usefulness as soon as things are properly set up.
But I don't believe that Shiro is acting the way from Weissman wants him to.
To Weissman, Shiro is like in the middle of "malfunctioning", judging from from Weissman's brief reaction to Shiro so far.
Old 2012-11-13, 11:36   Link #1074
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2 View Post

I thinking that Neko is the one manipulating Shiro's current situation. I mean she is a reality warper.
I could see this since she gets very defensive about him around Kuro and calls him her Shiro. Is she doing on purpose or on accident, like she's not aware of it.

Full ED is pretty darn good too.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 18:58   Link #1075
Tworble

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
I could see this since she gets very defensive about him around Kuro and calls him her Shiro. Is she doing on purpose or on accident, like she's not aware of it.

Full ED is pretty darn good too.
It seems obvious that she is doing something, but she is all about protecting him so why would she make him look like a killer? Also keep in mind that Weisman also knows what is going on. He is probably either investigating the situation or the mastermind behind it.

Who wants to guess that the real killer has taken Shiro's real form? Or perhaps it is a three part illusion with Shiro the killer in disguise as someone else and that person looks like Shiro's original form.
Tworble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 23:51   Link #1076
Divino

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
I actually agree with this. The Shiro/Tatara similarities are meant to be some sort of foreshadowing (I think)
Spoiler for regarding the manga:
Divino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 07:06   Link #1077
Bern-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divino View Post
I actually agree with this. The Shiro/Tatara similarities are meant to be some sort of foreshadowing (I think)
Spoiler for regarding the manga:
I also thought about it but I think she has to know Weissman. Next episode should give us the answer if they do recognize Neko or not.

Here's a bunch of scans
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-11-14, 07:11   Link #1078
kazzuya13

I think the one who knows all the answer was the man in blimp(Forgot which episode it was) or might be Neko. Cause it never really shows how she came to be.
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 18:19   Link #1079
mistress_kisara

Can anybody translate this

Spoiler:
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 18:29   Link #1080
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistress_kisara View Post
Can anybody translate this

Spoiler:
Basically it's a review of the earlier episodes before ep 6 with Neko in case anything was missed out by the viewers. New info may be revealed too.

Is this from their web radio?

Tags
action, bishonen, fantasy, gang, supernatural