AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-12-18, 19:27   Link #3081
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Is that with our without school swimsuits?

- Tak
Without of course. It's the only way to be true to each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Also Sgt. Oddball is rather out of place in the movie anyway as he comes off as a 1950s Beatnik at the least, and a 1960s hippy at the worst. Niether would generally be seen in the mid-1940s...even in drafted American soldiers. In this universe, you;ve have the counterculture (male) tank crews up against Nazi SS panzers (who might be women, but if the film remains as is, than are also male crewed).
Yes, Oddball, as fun as he is, is the main reason I have suspension of disbelief, among other things, whenever I see this movie. There's absolutely no way a guy like him and his crew would be running a tank platoon in 1944 Europe. The fake Tiger is also very distracting, but that's just my nitpickiness.

Endless "Beatnik" Soul
Old 2012-12-18, 20:14   Link #3082
gaiar31

gaiar31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 20:17   Link #3083
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

No kill like overkill, eh Kuromorimne?
Old 2012-12-18, 20:19   Link #3084
florallia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Reaper View Post
Why do I feel the entire basis for their family fame is just because every girl attended the school with the best collection of tanks and nabbed the captain role? Hell maybe as their fame grew each generation automatically gained the commanding role even if they weren't the best choice and just steamrolled the opposition. Such a inflexible way of approaching battle is bound to be defeated sooner or later. The mother is acting like they're a samurai
family or something, it's just a sport!!
Good point of view. There is similarity how SAMURAI became weaker, rely on tradition and family pride long time in Tokugawa Period instead of real combat skill. When Sengoku period ends, Tokugawa lays total disarming on nationwide heavier than Toyotomi's disarming campaign. Tokugawa's domination continues almost 260 years, in that environment, Samurai was only few people to allow wields arms, there's no competents except some criminals. They had total brutallity for the unarmed weak popularity long since, in reverse effect, They became Armed beaureaucrats more than warrior. They didn't need to fight, but show their weapon. I think domination of total power by Kuromorimine & Nishizumi-Ryu combination is became like Samurai on Rearmost period of Edo, as you pointed out. They fated to loose in future somewhere. Well, this is the time, Ooarai ! Raise your fist !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Reaper View Post
I hope the final outcome of the battle is decided between a direct confrontation between the sisters.
My Prediction time again! Believe or not, I can hit targets like MomoChan!
I think Kelly's Heroes had a clue. Did you remember, who saw it at game beforenight? And what scene they're watching? And how Shaman tank can beats Tiger tank?
Yes, that's it. Rabbit team became true Killer-Rabbit as their emblem. What's wrong is, Maho choose Tiger tank for flag-carrier, then Rabbits watch Kelly's Heroes already! Ha-Ha!
florallia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 20:31   Link #3085
jdennis007

Why do I get the feeling we will be getting 11 and 12 right before 13 and 14 etc..., in other words the beginning of season 2.
Spoiler for speculation:
jdennis007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 20:32   Link #3086
florallia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I do like the fujoshi-bait idea. It seems perfectly wonderful.
Why not? Vice Versa, We had "Girls & Panzer" here already!
florallia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 20:39   Link #3087
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Be interesting if they lose, but by what Maho considers a cowardly victory (say shooting the helpless flag tank in the water by her second in command). Not sure if her family way is victory at all costs, or an honorable victory by always advancing.

If that was the case, than Maho's Tiger by default will not retreat, nor hide like the Pravda and Sanders flag tanks. But on the other hand it is a Tiger I...there isn't much it needs to fear, and what can hurt it out there, it can also kill.
Old 2012-12-18, 21:32   Link #3088
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Images
Girls Und Shinki
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Kinda make sense... As the original character designer for Girls und panzer is the same as the character designer for some Shinkis(Arnval, Strarf)...

Any idea when episode 11 will air?(I know its march, but is there an exact date?)
Old 2012-12-18, 22:32   Link #3089
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
But what it looks like is that Miho made an error in basic math. She knew BF's speed and how far they have to go. Yet she let herself be surprised at the timing of their attack.

It's not like she tried to be clever and got outsmarted. It was all rather straightforward.
Actually, King Tiger, Ferdinand and JagdTiger are not fast, they're slow and big, moving to forest with those is very difficult, because their size, trees will slow them down, not mention they can be stuck in mud due their weight, if tank try to move itself to out the mud, it will catch in fire just like Tiger P, especial the Ferdinand which use the same chassis of Tiger P but heavier. So most of cases, tanks avoid moving to forest unless they have engineer corps or pointmen open path for them or they're light weight and small tanks. Thus Miho think they don't make a shortcut throught he forest.
Old 2012-12-18, 22:40   Link #3090
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerklein View Post
Actually, King Tiger, Ferdinand and JagdTiger are not fast, they're slow and big, moving to forest with those is very difficult, because their size, trees will slow them down, not mention they can be stuck in mud due their weight, if tank try to move itself to out the mud, it will catch in fire just like Tiger P, especial the Ferdinand which use the same chassis of Tiger P but heavier. So most of cases, tanks avoid moving to forest unless they have engineer corps or pointmen open path for them or they're light weight and small tanks. Thus Miho think they don't make a shortcut throught he forest.
In terms of being slow, part of that is because of their engines simply not being strong enough to make up for all the extra weight of armor on them (like with sinking into the mud, as you mentioned), which is why pushing them resulted in them catching fire so easily or just breaking down.

In terms of the idea of them not being able to make it through the forest also makes me think of the invasion of France in 1940, when the Nazis took the British and French by surprise by cutting through the Ardennes; a place where they believed they wouldn't be able to get through with their tanks, thus leaving their flank open. (Also ironic that it was also in the Ardennes that Hitler made his "last gamble" with the Battle of the Bulge.)
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 22:50   Link #3091
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

The German go through the forest with the support of Engineer corps and Scouts, while the Black Forest don't has that support.
Old 2012-12-18, 22:59   Link #3092
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Sigh now the long 3 months wait to see how Miho gets out of that one its just would seem faster to wait tell Sentai release it
Old 2012-12-19, 00:03   Link #3093
fukarming

Thx everyone for clarifying, I do feel strange as why Miho is surprised when they get fired upon. Like someone said, for someone who don't know much about tanks it is all about Math and Physics (distance and velocity)

So normally tanks do not go through forest (that is what Miho is calculating on), but black forest is so awesome that they can. (like during the match vs Russian the inexperienced morality squad cannot drive their tank through snowy hill but Mako can, because Mako is good at it).
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-19, 00:46   Link #3094
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

They don't be called Black Forest for nothing .
Old 2012-12-19, 01:56   Link #3095
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
They don't be called Black Forest for nothing .
Must. Not. Make. Pubic. Hair. Related. Joke.

(what makes it worse is that the Schwarzwald is in southern Germany)
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-19, 02:06   Link #3096
chupiler

Quote:
The German go through the forest with the support of Engineer corps and Scouts, while the Black Forest don't has that support.
Who knows? With that many girls on the team, I would be surprised if they had some that doubled as engineers. Ooarai does have the godly car mechanic team. And recon is obviously allowed, as both Pravda and Ooarai left their tank to spot the enemy in the previous match.

Still, even if they had that, it's a bit inconceivable that they got through so dang fast. I'm just passing it off as an homage to Ardennes; a bit pushing it, but you can't have the match go on for days, so...
chupiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-19, 02:56   Link #3097
Random Wanderer

Still behind on episodes (other things have distracted me), but I've seen reviews of them. On a scale of 1 to airstrike, how badly are our girls outgunned in this final match?
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-19, 03:43   Link #3098
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Panzer VOR!!!!! viva Italia mdrr
Old 2012-12-19, 03:44   Link #3099
Sumeragi
Banned

I get the feeling that the last match is happening at Higashifuji (East Fuji Maneuver Area) although I don't recall there being that many trees there.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-19, 03:51   Link #3100
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

This is apparently the song list for the upcoming OST:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OST Song List
CD1

ディスク:1
1. 戦車道行進曲!パンツァーフォー!
2. 乙女のたしなみ戦車道マーチ!
3. 大洗女子学園チーム前進します!
4. 戦車、乗ります!
5. 学園艦は今日も勇壮に海原を進みます!
6. 新しい朝の始まりです!
7. 転校してきて良かったです!
8. 私、モテモテで困ってます!?
9. 戦車の知識では誰にも負けません!
10. 秘めた想いに触れました!
11. おばぁに会いに行きます!
12. こんな普通の学園生活って素敵です!
13. 私、いやな予感がします!
14. 横暴は生徒会に与えられた正当な権利です!
15. 戦車道とは女子としての道を極めることでもあります!
16. 生徒会、悲壮な決意とともに進みます!
17. バレー部復活をかけて戦います!
18. 私たち、精一杯頑張ります!
19. 戦車を可愛くデコレーションしちゃいます!
20. アウトレットでお買い物します!
21. 戦車喫茶に来ました!
22. スポーツニュースは今日も戦車道を報じています!
23. 理由があります…
24. 私、決めます!
25. これが友情ですね!
26. 明日に備えて寝ます!
27. 開会式です!
28. 栄光の戦車道全国大会始まります!
29. いざ!試合にのぞみます!
30. 敵戦車進軍してきます!
31. 息を殺して待ちぶせします!
32. 戦線は膠着状態です!
33. 緊迫する戦況です!
34. 健闘を讃え合います!
35. 昨日の敵は今日の友です!
36. みんな最高の友だちです!
37. 戦車道アンセムです!

CD2

1. それゆけ!乙女の戦車道!! (Wind Orchestra ver.)
2. ブリティッシュ・グレナディアーズ
3. リパブリック讃歌
4. アメリカ野砲隊マーチ
5. M4シャーマン中戦車 A GO!GO!
6. パンツァー・リート
7. エーリカ
8. ポーリュシュカ・ポーレ
9. カチューシャ
10. カチューシャ
11. あんこう音頭
12. DreamRiser (TV size) (オープニング主題歌)
13. Enter Enter MISSION! (TV size) (エンディング主題歌)
As in the tradition of OST tracknames spoiling stuff, CD2 Track 6 is apparently a very interesting track....

Spoiler for Song name:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, gup, original anime, slice of life, sports, tanks