AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-12-18, 15:12   Link #3041
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Just as expected
Yes yes... just rub more salt on my injuries, yeah?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 15:15   Link #3042
Sumeragi
Banned

I'm the one who said it would be Erika when everyone else was saying no.

Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 15:16   Link #3043
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

So they gained some more panzers. Lol world of tanks girls. Like how that girl thanked Miho for saving her. All that katsu made me so hungry.
Old 2012-12-18, 15:17   Link #3044
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The Tiger isn't all that much slower than the Panzer IV. Not even sure the Tiger is slower off road than a Panzer IV.

Black Forest team has a lot of equipment that cannot be dealt with except with the Tiger (P). Though I imagine Black Forest's heavy tank destroyer and assault gun usage might become a problem for them, if the other tanks can get around them. But I suppose that is what their Panthers are for.

Two episodes of combat is what we are expecting. But 20 on 8 (well 7 now) seems like it shouldn't take two episodes. But all they need to do is hit the flag tank.
Old 2012-12-18, 15:20   Link #3045
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

So Tiger P probably have no problem killing those TD.

the Panthers probably suffer imperial marksman training.

that leave us Tiger...

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 15:30   Link #3046
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Ooarai has three known competent teams in terms of hitting and tactics (the problem is that one of those teams uses a Type 89 which as far as I can tell cannot take out any of the Black Forest tanks from any range or angle). The Student Council tank destroyer might be a competent team as well, depending on if they can hit anything (we know they have a skilled driver, and if motivated a skilled gunner/loader combo. If not motivated, they have a trigger happy gunner and a lazy radio operator/commander).

The Freshman team and Morality Squad are still not proven to be good at tactics or gunnery. They make good blockers for the flag (they have courage now) but that might not be enough. The Mechanics are a wildcard. We have no idea what skills they have outside of fixing up tanks. The Gamers squad is already out and only managed to be a blocker by accident. We cannot assess their gunnery or tactics yet.

Which leave the heavy work to the Panzer IV, the StuG III and the Type 89 (the volleyball team has the greatest point handicap in history it seems). The hope is that the Tiger (P) will add to the compentent pool, because they are really going to need that 88mm in this fight. The Hetzer would also be helpful, but again, who's the gunnery now?
Old 2012-12-18, 15:35   Link #3047
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Pretty sure mechanic team is competent enough. their knowledge about tank probably second to main team

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 15:44   Link #3048
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Looking over the St. Gloriana fight again I note the Churchill was hit three times during the fight. Twice at the end by the Panzer IV and once at the start of the retreat by the Type 89. The Volleyball team can hit stuff, can be tactical minded, and have good evasive driving skills. They just have a really crappy tank being setup against mid-late war era tanks that it cannot fight against (that was why Japan built the Type 3 in the first place).

They can scout, lay smoke, or act as a shield for the flag tank...but they can't harm any of the enemy tanks.
Old 2012-12-18, 15:55   Link #3049
chupiler

Still, they're really working Kitaeri, eh? I'm surprised they put the scene with Darjeeling right after the reporter, but it worked out well enough.

Also, there were a lot of mistakes with the art; shows how pressed they were just to get this latest ep out. Can't wait to get my hands on the BD version all the more.
chupiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 15:58   Link #3050
Gravitas Free Zone

The Type 89 is only scouting due to the grace of the writers, though. Its real-world analogue might be able to outrun a riding mower on flat ground.

I can't not look at this from the World of Tanks perspective. DAMN YOU, GAME! I would have argued to transfer the more veteran Volleyball team into the Type 3 Chi-Nu, since it would at least give them a more powerful tank (still undermanned), and put the newbie Lit crew into the Type 89, since that thing hardly ever has a reason to fire its gun.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 15:59   Link #3051
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Two episodes of combat is what we are expecting. But 20 on 8 (well 7 now) seems like it shouldn't take two episodes. But all they need to do is hit the flag tank.
One and a half episodes. There would need to be half an episode's worth of epilogue to wrap up lose threads. The show can't end on just the victory/loss.
Old 2012-12-18, 16:05   Link #3052
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Images
Girls Und Shinki
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 16:58   Link #3053
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Old 2012-12-18, 17:13   Link #3054
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
One and a half episodes. There would need to be half an episode's worth of epilogue to wrap up lose threads. The show can't end on just the victory/loss.
Don't forget, its supposed to make us anticipate for a sequel as well.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2012-12-18, 17:20   Link #3055
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Internationals would do that since this tournament is the nationals.
Old 2012-12-18, 17:46   Link #3056
Crimson Reaper

What I want to know is how Miho turned out into such a nice sweet although shy girl with a older sister like Maho and quite frankly a cold hearted bitch for a mother? Seriously this woman is too full of herself, Miho snatched victory when the odds were heavily against her and she she doesn't care one bit! At least Maho sees that fight aren't just won by sheer numbers and superior firepower and defence.

Why do I feel the entire basis for their family fame is just because every girl attended the school with the best collection of tanks and nabbed the captain role? Hell maybe as their fame grew each generation automatically gained the commanding role even if they weren't the best choice and just steamrolled the opposition. Such a inflexible way of approaching battle is bound to be defeated sooner or later. The mother is acting like they're a samurai
family or something, it's just a sport!!
That said Maho seems to just as smart as Miho since she predicted the Ooarai would want to make some distance between and even the exact spot they would go to do so. I hope the final outcome of the battle is decided between a direct confrontation between the sisters. 3 months can't pass by fast enough.
Crimson Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 17:56   Link #3057
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Reaper View Post
The mother is acting like they're a samurai family or something, it's just a sport!!
You've ... not interacted with many Japanese families... have ya?

That being said, Maho is not as bad as she appears to be. I think with the few details we have been given about her, deep down inside, she cares.

- Tak

Old 2012-12-18, 18:00   Link #3058
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

If anything... I just wished the Nishizumi family didn't turn out so cliche. Overbearing mother? Check. A gentle soul emerging from her shadow? Check. Silent sister who is somewhere in between? Check.

The problem with this is that I've seen it before and I know where its going. Just a minor nitpick given that the rest of the show is so enjoyable.
Old 2012-12-18, 18:02   Link #3059
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
If anything... I just wished the Nishizumi family didn't turn out so cliche. Overbearing mother? Check. A gentle soul emerging from her shadow? Check. Silent sister who is somewhere in between? Check.
While I agree with everything you said... I am pretty much here for the tanks...

Although if they want to make characters more awesome (like you know... Nonna), I suggest Maho sing Panzerlied... nao!

- Tak

Old 2012-12-18, 18:03   Link #3060
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

What Miho and Maho need is some quality bath time together.

Endless "Everyone's thinking it, I'm just saying it" Soul

Tags
comedy, gup, original anime, slice of life, sports, tanks