AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2004-07-19, 15:25   Link #1
Jump

Anime merchandise (where to buy wallscrolls, posters, etc)

Thread dedicated to all anime and manga related merchandise - including... wallscrolls, posters, art books, figurines, models, items of clothing, plushies, etc., or if you know where you can find such items, then please post here.

For music related items, please check the following sites:
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp
http://www.animenation.com
http://www.yesasia.com
If you can read Japanese, then you can also try:
http://www.amazon.co.jp

Please Note: This thread is for official merchandise only, no bootlegs or cheap illegal imitations!
<End of edit by Mod (xris)>

Not quite sure where to post this. I've been looking everywhere for some anime stuff that I would love to buy. I'll just list them.

I'd like wallscrolls, plushies, and models/statues of Kaleido Star and Full Moon wo Sagashite. Any other cool stuff would be nice too. Also interested in Gunslinger Girl, and Koi Kaze.

I've looked everywhere I knew to look, and nobody had anything. It's really annoying. I found a wallscroll of Gunslinger Girl, that's about it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by xris; 2007-02-20 at 04:33.
Jump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-19, 16:49   Link #2
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jump
Not quite sure where to post this. I've been looking everywhere for some anime stuff that I would love to buy. I'll just list them.

I'd like wallscrolls, plushies, and models/statues of Kaleido Star and Full Moon wo Sagashite. Any other cool stuff would be nice too. Also interested in Gunslinger Girl, and Koi Kaze.

I've looked everywhere I knew to look, and nobody had anything. It's really annoying. I found a wallscroll of Gunslinger Girl, that's about it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Check this thread, it has alot of stores where you can get all kinda anime related stuff. You might find what you need

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=442
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-19, 18:08   Link #3
Jump

Already checked those stores.
Old 2004-07-19, 18:58   Link #4
DrWho2002
Fushigi Mystery!! @_@

They might just not exist. You're probably going to be out of luck.
DrWho2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-19, 19:29   Link #5
TronDD
Team the box!

I prowl Yahoo Japan auctions for that kind of stuff. Gunslinger Girl and Koi Kaze don't really have any merchandise beyond the DVDs, manga and a couple posters.
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-19, 20:12   Link #6
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jump

Try looking on eBay for Ribon furoku lots. Sometimes they have Full Moon merchandise.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-20, 17:01   Link #7
Jump

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
Try looking on eBay for Ribon furoku lots. Sometimes they have Full Moon merchandise.
Yeah found a couple of those. Not the kind of thing I was hoping for.

It's really irritating, shows like One Piece and Naruto have merchadise coming out of their asses, but the gems like Full Moon wo Sagashite and Koi Kaze don't get anything. Maybe Geneon will give us cool stuff with Koi Kaze if it gets released in USA (doubtfully). Although I recently found a beautiful 12" statue of Nadia! I picked it up for $89.

I would have a heart attack if I found a wallscroll of Full Moon's "Myself" Abulm cover, hehe. I'd do anything to get it. Can't find anything outside of the artbook of Kaleido Star, too. The stands that come with the DVD's are low quality (in artistic detail, that is). Wish I could get the picture of Rosetta kissing Sora without the fold marks (came with Kaleido Star v.2 R1 release).
Old 2004-07-20, 17:10   Link #8
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

http://www.e2046.com/trade/productlist/2

Probably one of the more extensive resin model sites....
Keep an eye in their catalog, occassionally they get the lesser popular shows and put them in their Misc sections. One of the few places I can find MuvLuv character models

Found this as I was searching through their catalog...

http://www.e2046.com/trade/productview/2398

Last edited by DarkCntry; 2004-07-20 at 17:16. Reason: Found an interesting addition...
DarkCntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-20, 22:19   Link #9
Chun-Li
Ice Cream

there are Gunslinger Girls Capsule Toys... im not sure where to get them online.. but .. i know that they exist because i saw them at Franks.

you can purchase the plushie of Jonathan from Kaleido Star..at any store that sells Anime... like Rightstuf.com, SunCoast....

as for the Figure/Statue of Kaleido Star:... not yet... i will be keeping an eye out for any statues or PVCs...
Chun-Li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-21, 09:15   Link #10
HK anime seeker
Looks fun...Time to jump!

Anyone seen a resin kit for Konomini (Or this ugly and beautful work)?
HK anime seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-21, 12:47   Link #11
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

I've been looking for a good resin kits of Haruko and/or Kanchi from Furi Kuri for some time now... Still haven't found any I like though. >.>
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 10:01   Link #12
Vantage

Toronto & GTA Residents

For all you ontarians, or torontonians out there who are big time anime fans, you've probably been to the store Anime X on Spadina, and for those who havn't been, I would def. reccomend it. It's not a very big store, but it seems to have everything and anything you'd be looking for in regards to anime. Alot of times I just go there to browse at all the cool junk they have, I've also bought alot of posters and wall scrolls there. Check it out, it's on Spadina, just south of the LCBO, I guess the closest intersection would be Spadina & Dundas, or Spadina & College. It's on the east side facing north.
Vantage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-10, 21:26   Link #13
Syn13
Sui Yein Ng 13

People of Toronto, what's your source for anime items?

I'm looking to expand my interests in anime related stuff and was wondering where most people who live in Toronto, Canada get their stuff besides internet shops? My main source is basically at Pacificmall for most of my stuff(gashapon, dvds, models, Haros and misc items.)
I'm currently looking for a Tachikoma(anything) locally at the moment.

One other place I notice mostly for the "otaku" is First Markham Place mall where there's a shop which offers gashapons, trading figures, posters, anime books/magazines and various size figures.
Syn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-10, 22:30   Link #14
LoLi-LiCiOuS
<- Backspace

White Canvas Shopping Help! >_<

WARNING- The following post will include links to online (manga/anime) doujin retail shops. Given the nature of the material, I forewarn that anyone visiting said links be 18 or older. Thank you.

Ok folks I could really use some help here. I'm not sure how many of you are into doujin, but if you are I'm sure you've come across the more prominent online doujin retailers such as melonbooks.co.jp, toranoana.co.jp, akibaoo.com, w-canvas.com, and others I'm sure. Well you may or may not know that most of the Japan based stores -do not- do international orders (I have personally emailed and asked). Unfortunately these stores have the best inventory of doujin material not found/sold anywhere else!

So, I recently came across White Canvas (w-canvas.com) and I noticed that they do infact take overseas/international orders (stated boldly in English). So using what little knowledge of Japanese I know (kana and a handful of kanji) I managed to locate some items I had been looking for. I added them to the shopping cart and clicked on what was basically "check out". But then to proceed after that an understanding of Japanese far beyond my basic level of comprehension was to be needed.

Needless to say the next step would be to get some help. I clicked my way over to the overseas/international order "help" (sorta) section and located an email to contact for more information. Well, logically I promptly sent out an email clearly, concisely, and politely asking for help. It has been over a week, have recieved no response, and at this point I don't see one coming. To make sure I did triple check to make sure the email addy was correct and have not recieved any mailing errors. Also, I do not use spam blocker(s).

Well in a nut shell if someone could help by perhaps translating the checkout screen (which you can't link directly to, sorry), or if someone has previous experience with this (or does it themselves) could maybe throw me a bone please? I suppose if someone would like to order for me, something could be arranged as well. Regardless at this point any help would be amazing. Thanks.

(Noooo.....back to 1 post )
LoLi-LiCiOuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-11, 01:05   Link #15
Mk-II

Have you tried Kikiwai at Metro Square or Chinatown? Their prices aren't the best but they have all sorts of mechandise, I'm sure they'd carry some SAC stuff. Its a block or so away from Pacific.

For official manga and DVD's. I go to the downtown area, they have a few decent stores like GameShack, Harry Taranchula, and 1 Million Comix.
For models and figures, I usually go to Kikiwai (Downtown and Markham), Xtra Seven, Kuramae Hobbies (I prefer the Pacific Mall location mostly because their Downtown location has gone down under).
Mk-II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-11, 02:27   Link #16
Syn13
Sui Yein Ng 13

Oh I forgot about that place, I used to always goto the arcade at Metro but know I feel too old for that arcade lol but everytime I used to walk by the washroom, I notice that hobby shop, maybe I should take a closer look later on. Thanks for reminding me MK-II~
Syn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-11, 02:40   Link #17
Dark Lord Zenigame
ロリコン

Send a message via AIM to Dark Lord Zenigame
When I'm up there, I usually go to Kikiwai for manga and random stuff, and AnimeXtreme down the street for toys and things.

Kuramae was pretty good for models, but the store changed a lot from the last time I was there... :/

At the Pacific Mal, there's a bunch of stores that sell trading figures, and models aren't too hard to find either. Too bad the only manga they have is in Chinese... -_-

Random note: Don't buy artbooks from Kikiwai. They sell them at 300% markup, at least. Better to look on Ebay. ._.
Dark Lord Zenigame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 10:01   Link #18
theanimedude

Send a message via AIM to theanimedude Send a message via Yahoo to theanimedude
Help!! where to buy plushies!

My gf's bday is this weekend and i wnat to get her one of those humongous plushies that's soft and nice. Anyone know a site where to get it? maybe a mashimaro or some cute anime character. Anything is fine, as long as it's big and soft!

Thanks for your help in advance!

yes yes i tried google.....no luck...unless i'm not spelling plushie right.....and 16 inch is tooo small...anything bigger?
theanimedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-17, 22:59   Link #19
AOforever1

Send a message via AIM to AOforever1 Send a message via MSN to AOforever1
Looking for a paticular Lacus Figurine set

I was wandering around the web one day and found THIS:
Lacus Figure Set

Now, I can't seem to find this on any online store :|
Little help from the Lacus fan community? :P
AOforever1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-17, 23:57   Link #20
dfens

Um you better bid on that auction if you want those figures because finding a anime shop/retailer that has them could be near impossible now.

You see those are trading figures. Which are only available for a limited time then they stop making them. That set was realeased way back when Gundam Seed the first season was still on the air nearlly 3 years ago.

They usually come in boxes of 12 ramdomly packed and sealed in a way that you don't know what figure you will get unless you open the box. But they won't let you break the seal to see what figure is inside.

On average it's about 6-8 bucks per figure sealed.

Every now and then people will open the boxes take the sealed figures out and make a set for you. That's the only way I would ever buy them unless you buy a full box and sell the extras.
dfens is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anime shopping