AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2006-12-17, 06:29   Link #21
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
How do Orangekun get his nickname?
When Jeremiah was interrogated by Cornelia's cronies, Guilford informed him that, as punishment for inexplicably aiding Zero escaping, he'd be faced with a choice - either he'd be demoted to the rank of mere pilot or he'd go till an orange field like a commoner.

And at the beginning of the conversation, Guilford sarcastically greeted him by, 'hey, orange guy,' and, well, the moniker stayed and spread out like wildfire.
Old 2006-12-17, 07:02   Link #22
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Thank you, I thought of that, but somehow I kinda remember its was supposed to be something earlier.. must be my mind then

Seems like even Zero called him that ... News sure do travelled fast
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-17, 07:40   Link #23
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
When Jeremiah was interrogated by Cornelia's cronies, Guilford informed him that, as punishment for inexplicably aiding Zero escaping, he'd be faced with a choice - either he'd be demoted to the rank of mere pilot or he'd go till an orange field like a commoner.

And at the beginning of the conversation, Guilford sarcastically greeted him by, 'hey, orange guy,' and, well, the moniker stayed and spread out like wildfire.
Guildford coins the phrase 'Orange-kun' but wasn't it first mentioned by Zero in ep 4 during the Suzaku hand over? I'm going by gg's sub: ep 4 17.42 Zero says '...I'll announce it, orange'. I thought it was just a phantom conspiracy invented by Zero (based on Jeremiah's eye colour) and it spread like a meme. This is why Jeremiah hates Zero so much; he started it...
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-17, 08:19   Link #24
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex View Post
but wasn't it first mentioned by Zero in ep 4 during the Suzaku hand over? I'm going by gg's sub: ep 4 17.42 Zero says '...I'll announce it, orange'. I thought it was just a phantom conspiracy invented by Zero (based on Jeremiah's eye colour) and it spread like a meme. This is why Jeremiah hates Zero so much; he started it...
You're correct - thats how it all started. Not to sure if Lelouch's plan all along was to do something like this, so it worked out perfectly - not for Jeremiah though.
Old 2006-12-17, 08:45   Link #25
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Technically, it was Kewel (( Or is it Quelle? )) that first addressed Jeremiah as Orange. Zero started the whole "Orange Conspiracy", but he never specifically said that phrase as a nickname of Jeremiah's, probably just a random word to throw people off.

So, it's pretty much : ~

Zero : creates the reference.
Kewel : addresses Jeremiah with the reference.
Gillford : adds the infamous -kun behind the reference.

And the Orange-kun meme is born. :P

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-18, 07:37   Link #26
atilim
Knightmare

Throne

Q: What is Lelouche the crown prince or not. A lot of people still wonder about this and also because his older brothers and sisters can also claim the throne it is weird because bastards can't claim anything. In the eps where he talked with his father after his mother was killed I got the impression that he was the crownprince because what Lelouche self sad and the people, but during eps 2 I think he sad something about 8th in line to the throne. So what is it?
atilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-18, 07:46   Link #27
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Techincally he is and is 17th in line or something like that. And there aren't any bastards. The emperor just has more than one wife so the oldest child of the first wife is the first in succession.

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-18, 08:49   Link #28
atilim
Knightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majek View Post
Techincally he is and is 17th in line or something like that. And there aren't any bastards. The emperor just has more than one wife so the oldest child of the first wife is the first in succession.
Thanx for the answer, so then the translation of g fansub was wrong when said empress and that one the other group was correct when they sad princess.
atilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-18, 09:30   Link #29
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

No all the wives are empresses. It's just a title.

Old 2006-12-18, 10:22   Link #30
Cpt.Eirikr
=Just me=

For question see spoiler -- It's about Jeremiah

Spoiler:
Cpt.Eirikr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-18, 10:34   Link #31
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

We can't answer that. We'll see that in ep 11 or mabye even later when that battle ends.

Old 2006-12-19, 08:24   Link #32
EmagEvil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majek View Post
Wow... This emperor is really cuckold if i may ...
EmagEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-27, 18:12   Link #33
yuchan

I'm a bit confused. Does Code Geass take place in Japan? I know they're in Britannia but are they physically in a renamed Japan?
yuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-27, 18:37   Link #34
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuchan View Post
I'm a bit confused. Does Code Geass take place in Japan? I know they're in Britannia but are they physically in a renamed Japan?
Yes, that is correct.

Old 2006-12-27, 19:16   Link #35
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuchan View Post
To be more clear, Code Geass takes place in Japan which has been renamed Area 11 by the conquering empire Britannia.
Old 2006-12-27, 20:10   Link #36
yuchan

Thanks you guys. It had been bugging me.
yuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-27, 20:25   Link #37
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Isn't Lelouch the 17th Successor but 2nd in line to the throne of the Empire? I don't have the episode with me but I thought that's what the subs stated.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-02, 23:50   Link #38
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

I think that is correct, but after Lelouche mother was killed and Nanally was injured, I know I saw it stated that Lelouche couldn't inherit the throne. I'll post episode and time if wanted.
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-02, 23:55   Link #39
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Mercy View Post
I think that is correct, but after Lelouche mother was killed and Nanally was injured, I know I saw it stated that Lelouche couldn't inherit the throne. I'll post episode and time if wanted.
Couldn't, or wouldn't?

Disowned he might be, but Lelouch's position as a son of the Emperor is still indisputable. Lulu might not be the next in line now, but if enough people gets whacked you would be surprised how quickly things can change.

Ironically, that is also why Lulu fear for the safety of his sister; the two of them are still potential challengers to the throne, and as such could not be ignored by the other heirs as deadly threats. That is why they had to fake their deaths and take their mother's maiden-name. The only harmless challenger for the throne is a dead one.
Old 2007-01-05, 17:11   Link #40
jen_88

This could be a dumb question
According to Wiki, Schneizel is the second prince of the Imperial family. Who is the first prince?
jen_88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
q&a