AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-05-11, 19:54   Link #341
KrimzonStriker

It'll be better, they hint as much. This was all really just to showcase her new features. The time comes I'm sure it'll be a more balanced battle given all the indicators from the Gino's expression and the fact that the KoR haven't really showcased what they can really do just yet. >_>
Old 2008-05-11, 21:34   Link #342
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

I agree that alot of the Gurren's success in this episode can be attributed to the suprise and shock of her new abilities. I am sure that it is in reality only slightly better then any of their frames individually. (First 8th generation KMF after all)

It did showcase alot of impressive abilities though.

The left arm needs some upgrades as well though, the super-knife and vulcan gun are looking lonely compared to the right-arms new upgrades. I say give it a longer blade and maybe a small shield like the lancelot has.
Old 2008-05-11, 21:38   Link #343
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

She already does have a shield though. A londer blade would be good though.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-11, 21:40   Link #344
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
I agree that alot of the Gurren's success in this episode can be attributed to the suprise and shock of her new abilities. I am sure that it is in reality only slightly better then any of their frames individually. (First 8th generation KMF after all)

It did showcase alot of impressive abilities though.

The left arm needs some upgrades as well though, the super-knife and vulcan gun are looking lonely compared to the right-arms new upgrades. I say give it a longer blade and maybe a small shield like the lancelot has.
I think her profile said she'd get a custom hand gun of some sort along with all that on the left arm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
She already does have a shield though. A londer blade would be good though.
I think the sheild came from the radiation surge from her right arm though... I think anyway
Old 2008-05-11, 22:56   Link #345
Aquaman OS

Quote:
8th generation? Where does it say that? It's just the Guren with a new head and arm. It should still be seventh since its still the same Guren frame. It's no different then the Lancelot attaching its float pack and hadron attachment and Lancelot's still considered seventh generation.

As for more equipment just wait til Rakshata gets to check out the Vincent. Maybe she can make a MVS type thing for it.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-11, 22:59   Link #346
KrimzonStriker

Yeah, Rolo needs some love too after all, even if it is just his Knightmare
Old 2008-05-11, 23:05   Link #347
Aquaman OS

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Yeah, Rolo needs some love too after all, even if it is just his Knightmare
Well she always wanted to get her hands on Lancelot in season 1. Vincent's the next best thing. Aside from the Varis and shields it has everything else.
Old 2008-05-11, 23:09   Link #348
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

I saw someone mention it was an 8th generation frame, but I think your right, it would probably just be a upgraded 7th generation frame, although the upgrade it received was quite awesome.

-----

The Gurren getting a hand-gun type thing might be cool, and I know that the Gurren already has a shield from its right arm, but having an off-hand shield is a good back up in case the right arm gets owned by Suzaku-haxx.
Old 2008-05-11, 23:18   Link #349
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
The Gurren getting a hand-gun type thing might be cool, and I know that the Gurren already has a shield from its right arm, but having an off-hand shield is a good back up in case the right arm gets owned by Suzaku-haxx.
But that's what the new chest piece is, a full body shield projector. 0_o
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 12:11   Link #350
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

IC, I originally thought it was coming from her right arm, it's good to know it actually comes from the Torso now.
Old 2008-05-12, 12:22   Link #351
KrimzonStriker

Possible, it's hard to tell from the angle though, but after seeing the replay when Mordred launched her missiles at her I think ashlay might be right about the torso shield thing. Still a long way from beating Lancelot's new 360 degree green cone that blocks full on radiation wave blasts <_<
Old 2008-05-12, 12:22   Link #352
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
I saw someone mention it was an 8th generation frame, but I think your right, it would probably just be a upgraded 7th generation frame, although the upgrade it received was quite awesome.

-----

So exactly what IS this Suzaku hax specifically? We haven't seen Lancelot completely dominate an entire army with just one type of weapon.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 12:41   Link #353
Aquaman OS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
So exactly what IS this Suzaku hax specifically? We haven't seen Lancelot completely dominate an entire army with just one type of weapon.
At this point I don't really know anymore. People claimed his hax was him being able to pilot so well without training, except he'd had actual training even if he never expected to use it. Lancelot is just a very well designed frame and won most of its battles just by being a superior unit (much like almost all early Gundam series battles its main strength was being able to take hits because of its stronger armor shields)

Other than that I don't know what else. Making the KMF do karate moves? Kallen in Guren does that too. Using an new untested KMF flawlessly in battle within seconds of its deployment? She just did that too last ep with the new Guren.

Aside from having a good KMF I don't see the hax anymore. If he's hax so are Gino Anya and Kallen.
Old 2008-05-12, 14:11   Link #354
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

Well my take is that Suzaku is able to take on an army by himself and never get shot in the Lancelot. He can run up walls and have super twisty double jump movements and basically super human outside his suit.

That being said, the upgrades to the Guren far surpass the upgrades to the Lancelot.

I have to wonder where the Order got a sub from though.
squaresphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 14:25   Link #355
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by squaresphere View Post
Well my take is that Suzaku is able to take on an army by himself and never get shot in the Lancelot. He can run up walls and have super twisty double jump movements and basically super human outside his suit.

That being said, the upgrades to the Guren far surpass the upgrades to the Lancelot.

Guren now is on par with the Lancelot. Now it has a powerful long range weapon, shields, and flight capabilities which Lancelot had since last season. The orders had the Sub since last season. EP 19 I believe is the first time you see it. Lakshata got it from the Indian? navy.
Slick_rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 16:33   Link #356
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by squaresphere View Post

You know that episode where the Chinese invade Japan? Suzaku couldn't even take on the chinese army himself.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 17:25   Link #357
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
You know that episode where the Chinese invade Japan? Suzaku couldn't even take on the chinese army himself.
That's because his energy filler ran out. Pretty nice being god mode until the batteries die.
Slick_rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 17:30   Link #358
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
IC, I originally thought it was coming from her right arm, it's good to know it actually comes from the Torso now.
I just rechecked it... I think she blocked the missiles with her arm after all, so a torso thing still seems to be just speculation and a Lancelot monopoly <_<
Old 2008-05-12, 18:15   Link #359
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
I just rechecked it... I think she blocked the missiles with her arm after all, so a torso thing still seems to be just speculation and a Lancelot monopoly <_<
Oh, I was just talking about the gunfire from Vincent and the Gloucesters. That wasn't blocked with the hand
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 19:00   Link #360
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
Oh, I was just talking about the gunfire from Vincent and the Gloucesters. That wasn't blocked with the hand
That one was the iffy part for me since you can't really tell from that angle. It might just may be an add-on to the arm in the end... <_<

Tags
mecha