AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-12-16, 00:12   Link #661
dingmajiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by paTKany View Post
No need to beat Shiraitodai. From this point on, two schools advance to the next round. But they should beat Senriyama in the next round to get the second place behind Shiraitodai...
I don't want them to beat Senriyama at all.. No.. Senriyama should be in the final with Shiratodai together with Kiyosumi and Rinkai..
dingmajiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 00:14   Link #662
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

anyone know when saki is coming out? i want to see saki release hell lol

and why dont you want them to win?
Old 2011-12-16, 01:51   Link #663
night_sentinel

Guys I know that they're incapable of beating Shiraitodai. Teru and by extension Teru's team has this invincible feel to them that I sometimes doubt its possible for Saki's team to beat them. And I know how hax Saki is (I played the psp game, its really easy to get a yakuman if your Saki and if you don't mind getting cheap hands (1,000 - 6,000 points) you'll be winning every 2-3 turns).

But I'm thinking that they can at least reach the semi final round or at least the final round. Though I'm with dingmajiao on this one, I want Senriyama to win. Unless the other 3 players of Achiga are good or have hidden powers (not unlikely when I think about it ), but the manga kinda of implied that the their first two players are their best and well Kuro-chan got crushed. So I want them to get second place in this match and well lose in the semi-finals for logical plot progression. Of course, there is the possibility that they'll level up between matches... but right now I have a feeling that they're no match for Senriyama.

Btw, have you guys noticed that every vanguard of the seeded team shown seems to be having health problems? Jindai and now Senriyama's ace are shown to be frail... And its implied that its cause is from exertion in mahjong...

The seeded team are probably the one who are in the last finals and the vanguard is the one who played Teru. So my hypothesis is playing against Teru or trying to win against her is bad for your health.
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 03:14   Link #664
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring

Well Yuu is up next chapter, she should win which is great since her character design is the best among everyone in Achiga IMO. That flowing scarf image as she approached the table was truly shojo manga worthy.
FlavorOfLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 04:19   Link #665
dingmajiao

Saki 91 is out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just 16 pages.. But it's really good, this chapter..

Suehara just got pawned big big time by Toyone..

It does seems like it's 3 big monster taking down 1 small little pawn...
They're taking turn to eat here... Poor Suehara..
Old 2011-12-16, 10:20   Link #666
Peanutbutter

I feel your pain, Suehara, I know that feeling.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 11:44   Link #667
sandhy88
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingmajiao View Post
Saki 91 is out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just 16 pages.. But it's really good, this chapter..

Suehara just got pawned big big time by Toyone..

It does seems like it's 3 big monster taking down 1 small little pawn...
They're taking turn to eat here... Poor Suehara..
Where i can found chapter 91 raw? please give me link!! I want to see.
sandhy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 14:15   Link #668
Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhy88 View Post
Where i can found chapter 91 raw? please give me link!! I want to see.
It's translated on MangaFox
Odd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 15:07   Link #669
King-Slayer

Well i read both Achiga and Saki today. I liked that they showed them actually playing mahjong in achiga and i loved the new announce team and can't wait to see Yuu play. Saki was great. I loved seeing what Toyone can do but i did feel sorry for Suehara because i like her as well.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 15:55   Link #670
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by King-Slayer View Post
Well i read both Achiga and Saki today. I liked that they showed them actually playing mahjong in achiga and i loved the new announce team and can't wait to see Yuu play. Saki was great. I loved seeing what Toyone can do but i did feel sorry for Suehara because i like her as well.
Same here ... and agreed.
Old 2011-12-16, 17:56   Link #671
orangejuicetang

I just refound and read Achiga today, and I can't help but think,
'lol Saki is definitely a monster' (from the end of chapter 3)

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 19:05   Link #672
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

I was disapointed in the new saki chapter, saki didnt really do anything yet, i reckon this match will go on for about 6mths unless they bring out a chapter with more than 16 pages
Old 2011-12-16, 21:31   Link #673
Undertaker

It's a bi-weekly magazine and 16 page is fairly average for a chapter. The problem here is that instead of moving the series to a weekly based magazine or asking for more pages for serialization.

Kobayashi instead delve into more spin-off series (not that they are bad) that most of time would be handle by other mangaka who who are weak in story concept and plot ala Takeshi Obata (Hikaru no Go,Bakuman,Death Notes) of up-and-coming magaka that needs a break.
Old 2011-12-16, 23:01   Link #674
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

bi weekly is kinda losing its meaning since saki have been having way too many breaks. not that thats a bad thing since we have achiga aswell.

id rather have them both with some breaks rather than just saki "every" 2 weeks
Old 2011-12-16, 23:20   Link #675
dingmajiao

I rather have 30 pages of Saki and no Achiga-hen imo.. I don't care how good Achiga is.. But Saki's still priority..

Though I'm sure like Understaker says, Ritz probably delving into helping out Achiga too much..
Old 2011-12-18, 03:27   Link #676
orangejuicetang

I've actually found myself liking Achiga-hen alot more than I thought I would, actually.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
Old 2011-12-18, 10:58   Link #677
Marina2

Can someone explan this for me?

In achiga ch.5

I don't get the part where they said about [when Toki calld Richi, someone has got to change the drawing order.]

What is so special about the change of drawing order?? Does it benefit Toki ability or something??? Why they have to emphasize it?
Old 2011-12-18, 12:07   Link #678
night_sentinel

I think whenever Toki called Ricchi, in the next turn she will get the tile she needed to win. This meant that someone has to change the drawing order in order to prevent the ability.

For example Toki called ricchi and is tenpai for 2 circles. From what I can get from her ability this meant that the 2 circles is set to be drawn by Toki in her next turn. For the purpose of this discussion, the wall has the tile 5 circle, 3 circle, 1 bamboo and 2 circles in drawing order. If no one changes the drawing order( call a pon or kan), player 1-3 will draw the 5 circle, 3 circle and 1 bamboo leaving the 2 circles to be drawn by Toki when her turn comes.

To prevent this a player could do a pon or kan which meant that a player will not draw from the dead wall changing the drawing order. For example, the next player after Toki discards 8 circles, if someone pon or kan the 8 circles. Then that player would not draw from the wall. This meant Toki will draw the 1 bamboo instead of the 2 circles needed to complete her hand. The 2 circles that Toki should have drawn will then go to the player after Toki's turn preventing her from winning.

Its a nifty ability actually, but I don't think it will work on Saki who can decide to Kan and get an extra draw which will be mess the drawing order. Or anyone who has some supernatural sixth sense. Even someone without a great ability can stop it, though it would need two players. One who will deal a risky discard and one who can pon and kan it.

Last edited by night_sentinel; 2011-12-18 at 14:31. Reason: grammar
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-18, 13:50   Link #679
hyl
reading #hikaributts

You don't have to kan or pon though, even a chi will change the order.
But it's like night sentinel has said, her power is basically a power to win with a riichi ippatsu. But it's not a power that actually improves the tiles that you get, but it seems to me a power that will get you the winning tile. It can easily be disrupted by people with abilities that let them draw certain tiles (thus winning faster before she can call a riichi)or prevent people from drawing certain tiles (like Koromo).
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-18, 14:55   Link #680
orangejuicetang

Then again, didn't people try changing the order on Koromo?
Only to find themselves dancing in the palm of her hands.

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri